Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]

Go down 
+32
Eric Campillo
William Néron
Vincent Beretta
Antoine de Mautor
finally gone :)
Philippe Martinelli
Gérard Ryon
Cyril Derkir
William Tringas
Frank Labédan
Samuli Leinonen
Mike Becnel
Yves Plaçais
Mario Gassner
Richard Coxon
Greg Hunt
Abat Hernaez
Patrick Marucco
Ruben Freitas
Ron Squire
Alessio Campigotto
David Jundt
Florkin Marc
Ryan Walker
Ben Warren
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
Karel Marciniszyn
Anders Nilsson
Tiago Malafaya
Jon Lasa
Guillaume Siebert
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:49

Horrible (part) race for me, apart from the first few laps. Made a reasonable start, and made a nice pass around the outside of David at the hairpin on Lap 1.

After that, I had oversteer, understeer, lack of traction. Car just felt different to how it did in all the practice and warm-up laps I did. Made stupid errors almost every lap.

Have to say sorry to Anders who ran into the back of me through no fault of his own after I ran into the gravel at T1. Had no control over the car, really sorry you couldn't avoid me. Astonished you didn't lose your front wing, and I had no damage either. I lost my front wing a few laps later though after getting on the power too early at the last turn. Few laps later, more mistakes, I basically lost it and ragequit.

Sorry again to Anders. I'm mad at myself for just making stupid errors. The few times I did a clean lap the pace was pretty good, just zero consistency. Sad

Silverstone is much more 'my' kinda track, looking forward to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:59

Uggh, stupid mistake on last turn and spun into wall. Cooked engine in the pits. Enjoyed running with Samuli and Ben early. I was pushing when Samuli got close then slowed up a bit to let the tires cool for 2 laps. He finally caught me in a mistake and passed me. Then spun at the next corner! I know how that feels. When he caught me again that is when I tagged the wall. Soooo stupid!! :doh: Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:12

Good racing with you Mike, however brief it was down to my own failure. Sad

Made for an interesting dynamic with the big top speed difference between us, both of us stronger than the other in different parts of the track. If I hadn't made an error and stuck with yourself and my teammate Samuli, could have been a cracking battle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:18

The race on the livestream is great, watching our aliens fight is simply awesome, what a great driving :top:

I fell sorry for Martin though, Greg and Frank killed him with pure power on the straight and then his car was apparently damaged and lost it trying to make up after his incident Sad
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:18

Marc me percute à l'arrière dans Adelaide, ce qui casse ma suspension AR, la voiture ne tourne presque plus à droite... J'essaye de continuer mais en tentant de suivre Frank, j'en fait trop dans un virage droite, je perd la voiture et tape le mur, arrachant une roue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:23

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I fell sorry for Martin though, Greg and Frank killed him with pure power on the straight

Indeed I couldn't do anything but still it was fun racing with them :top: (and with Ruben at the beginning)
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:24

Abandon sur casse moteur au 50èmè tour Sad
Un peu de mal a me mettre dans le rythme mais une fois lancé je me suis bien amusé Very Happy
Merci à l'orga et a la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:01

Too many mistakes at the begining of the race... and wrong strategy

At the 1st pitstop, I left my pitbox and heard a CRUUUNCHHH (I know I went a bit close to Gerard) but my car had no problems at all... Felt a bit guilty but also felt like....WTF??? (sorry Gerard... don't really know what happened)

After that, pushed the whole race to try to compensate after knowing I was on the wrong strategy. Had a nice battle with Samuli, but after that it was a lonely race.

It was nice to see the AGS again (in my mirrors :langue: )
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:04

So ... Many ... CORNERS!

my wrists hurt! :papy:

Good racing with Mike, Andres, Ben and Tiago untill my pits. Failed the exit and went to sand, Nilsson meanwhile got good pitstop and ran away from me, dunno what kind of turbo button he used but couldn't answer his speed anymore. Cooked my fronts a bit during the fights in 1st stint and wasn't able to drive quite as long I wanted with them. Didn't make huge difference though I think.

Now going to dip my hands in ice water. :slurp:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:04

Broadcast is available on the livestream site.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:05

Results and standings are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:17

J'ai voulu rajouter un peu d'appuis avant la course et j'ai changé mes rapports de boite :doh: ...j'ai perdu mes reperes et c'etait un calvaire de suivre les meilleurs !
Bravo à Yves pour sa superbe course et bien sur à Gui et greg!
Mention speciale pour Martin qui a fait une magnifique course avec sa Larousse, et qui plus est est un gentleman en bagarre : la classe :top:
à la prochaine
:hello:

merci egalement a tout les lappés ...pas evident de laisser de la place sur ce circuit geek
Back to top Go down
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:35

Np Ben Smile But you gave me a hell of a scare affraid .

I dont know Samuli but after the pitstop and clean air so to speak my car was handling real good,and as the fuel burned off i think i reached 280 km/h at the end of the straight :papy: . No real battles tho tonite , so thanks for keeping me on my toes there Samuli at end Smile

Lol Tiago it wasnt for a long time i was in your mirrors :drink:

Grats to podium and all finneshers :banane:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:45

Great race, only missed Frank(deja-vu, like at Mexico) by a second, I think I had two half-spins that made me lose out on 4th.

But more importantly: I scored the fastest lap?!? affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:48

Avant d'écrire mon commentaire,
j'aimerai m'excuser publiquement pour ma maladresse :doh: dans l'accrochage avec Martin .

Veuille bien m'excuser Martin.

Marcus scratch
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 23:15

All French podium, home turf defended nicely with a back-up in 4th just in case. :rigol:

Grats on the pole and win Gui.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 23:34

Pas grave Marc, mais faudra pas recommencer :spy: Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 7:57

Well, it was a decent race for me. Started in the back amongst the hounds and got hit in my left rear in T1 which damaged it and the car became more difficult to drive. I think it was William Neron. I was very wide through the whole corner, so not sure what happened.

From there I tried to move up, but it was tough! A lot were driving hard, understandably. I have apologize to Marc Florkin for cutting you off in the early laps. You and Eric Campillo were fighting into the chicane after Adelaide and both cut it. I thought I had cleared you before the next 2 corners, but I realized I didn't. I hope you weren't racing me so aggressively later on because of that. You were blocking and cutting the last chicane a lot in the middle of the race trying to keep me behind you. I was much quicker by at least 1 second and it was only for 15th place. I don't mind the blocking so much, but the cutting to stay in front was way out of line in my opinion.

I had made it up to 12th, but then I made a mistake and lost a couple. Then I ran into the back of Philippe Martinelli at Adelaide. Completely my fault man! I hope your car wasn't too damaged from it. I was defending Marc Florkin and missed my braking point. I had to pit because of losing my front wing, but it was only lap 15 or so. After pitting I worked my way up again and got to 10th. There was a big gap behind and in front of me, so I decided to pit again for the hell of it with less than 20 to go. The car was much for fun to drive afterwards. :D

Thanks for the race everyone! I really enjoy these. I only wish there was a quali session that I could make. Any chance of a session that works better for people in the Americas? I know you guys want to make it more realistic, which I respect and like, but asking everyone to commit to 2 days a week for one championship/league is a little much for sim racing.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 8:32

Frank Labédan wrote:
Bravo à Yves pour sa superbe course

Merci Frank :chinois: , c'est vrai que je suis plutôt content de ma prestation Smile . Je suis d'ailleurs le premier surpris d'avoir réussi à garder le rythme en début de course, je pensais bien que tu (sans oublier Martin et Ruben) allais fondre sur moi !

Bon départ, prudent, mon objectif étant uniquement de passer indemne le premier tour.
Après, je prend mon rythme en restant bien concentré... jusqu'à l'arrivée ! (je réalise mon meilleur chrono dans le 72ème et dernier tour !)
Peu importe ce qu'il arrive devant ou derrière : un Gui et Greg qui s'en vont faire des pâtés dans le bac du 180° :clap: , le même Gui qui me mystifie littéralement drunken lors du pitstop (tes mécanos te changent les pneus en roulant ? c'est pas possible autrement !), un Greg déchaîné en fin de course qui me mange tout cru :yaa: , des lappés IMPECCABLES :top: !

Bref, que du bonheur :banane: avec, en prime, l'honneur de mener un GP pendant 19 tours ! C'est pas donné à tous les HSO drivers ! :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:06

he be hier soir ce fut un bon petit chemin de croix pour moi ( si un jour quelqu un vous annonce ma mort a 33 ans ne soyez pas surpris ... Laughing )

deja dans la nuit de samedi a dimanche je me chope un rhume de malade mais pas le petit truc normal la c est torrent nasal , les yeux qui chialent et tellement tu te mouches que tu finis meme par saigner pale . passons

je me place sur la grille et la le cauchemar continue je me retrouve avec un moteur avec seulement 23 pour cent de vie ppfff affraid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad trop degouté et énervé la course est deja perdue avant meme le départ .

je prends la tete a l extinction des feux , je fais le con a adelaide , Gui passe , de la une grosse ( rude ) bagarre tous les deux s engage pendant 25 tours entrecoupée de beaucoup trop d erreurs ou approximations de ma part . Gui a eu la vista en s arrettant au 32 eme tour , belle intelligence de course il fallait oser vu la dégradation ultra violente des pneus du moins des miens meme si j etais en soft .

apres mon pit je ressors 5 , chouette bagarre avec Martin qui avait un tres bon rythme eu egard a la voiture dont il dispose :top: dommage son abandon .

dans les 15 derniers tours je remonte sur Yves et je le dépasse pour la 2 eme place , je finis la course a 6 s de Gui .

du a ma vie moteur minable je n ai jamais pu me concentrer sur mon pilotage , toute la course passée les yeux rivés sur mon moteur Neutral malgre le fait d avoir du décomposer chaque passage de vitesses j ai fini avec 2 pourcent , l abandon par casse moteur était tout proche .

vu les circonstances de course je peux tout de meme m'estimer content d avoir fini 2 eme .

bravo a Gui pour sa victoire , grand bravo a Yves aussi superbe course de ta part :clap:

Last edited by Greg Goissen on Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:09

Course vraiment intense pendant le premier relais geek La voiture était vraiment pas terrible avec le plein et j'ai du louper mon freinage à Adélaide 10 fois dans les 15 premiers tours. De plus j'étais en permanence en train de jongler avec le boost pour économiser ce qu'il fallait en fuel dans le sinueux et envoyer la purée dans la ligne droite où le Yamaha poussait moins que le Ferrari et le Cosworth. Tout ça avec Greg aux fesses et sur un circuit qui ne permet que peu de répis.

Après les pitstops je me retrouve en tête avec 6s d'avance sur Yves et je peux relâcher la pression, tout en surveillant la consommation et en faisant bien gaffe à préserver le moteur (je finis avec 3L et 3% de vie moteur), j'en avais cassé quelques uns aux essais. What a Face

Bravo Yves, Greg, Franck et Martin, c'était super ce premier relais, on s'y croyait bounce Et bravo les finisseurs Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:16

I couldn't stay on the livestrem till the end as the wife called for supper, but I must say that I enjoyed it inmensely. Thumbs up for our HSO staff; the coverage, commentary and dedication from Antoine and Ben was excellent and very professional :top:
And having watched myself lots of real F1 and CART races, this one was as much or even better and more thrilling, the cars on livestream really behaved like those in TV coverage, and the drivers all did exceptionally well in a difficult track. It was really hard to tell that this wasn't "real" racing!

Congrats Guillaume for the victory, and Greg, Franck, Yves for your awesome races as well as all finishers. I was sad not to take part, but the livestream sweetened it and gave me a good reason not to suffer if I have to miss more races (Which I hope won't be the case once I get my PC repaired!)

Bravo all :clap: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:55

Thanks all from Antoine and me, it's nice to read these positive comments about the broadcast.
Maybe I've found a tips to have the choice between french or english comments. I just need to make some tests with a english commentator and a french commentator. Wink
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:10

ah oui j allais oublié sympa le live et les commentaires , merci Ben et Antoine :drink:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:45

Greg Goissen wrote:
.. me retrouve avec un moteur avec seulement 23 pour cent de vie ppfff affraid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad trop degouté et énervé la course est deja perdue avant meme le départ .

I really can't understand why... I finished the race with 97% of engine life and I was never too gentle with it :D

PS: Great commentating by Ben and Antoine again (crazyman.... lol! ) and it's not me who self-calls sliding tuga. I called myself "flying tuga" at the begining, but then Gui thought "sliding tuga" would suit better :D

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 13:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]   Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Grand Prix de France [April 28th]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next