Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd

Go down 
+15
Carl Larrad
Mike Becnel
Alban Cosnuau
Vincent Beretta
Guillaume Siebert
Ludovic Tagli
finally gone :)
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
Steve Parker
David Jundt
Philippe Martinelli
David Cid
Patrick Marucco
Antoine de Mautor
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:31

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I think your Ferrari looks pretty badass like this Mike :D

I know! Note the new Avatar. Looks like a Batmobile after being raped in the rear by The Penguin's van.

Carl Larrad wrote:
Mike you invented a New car that looks so Cool :D

I shall name it "Fiat" as in "Fix it again Toni".

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:32

For those who son't have it, here is the Porsche skinpack :

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t1610-euro-gt-1972-porsches-24-skinpack-please-download
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:34

Mike Becnel wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I think your Ferrari looks pretty badass like this Mike :D

I know! Note the new Avatar. Looks like a Batmobile after being raped in the rear by The Penguin's van.

Carl Larrad wrote:
Mike you invented a New car that looks so Cool :D

I shall name it "Fiat" as in "Fix it again Toni".
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:35

JP Campmajo wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Please Steve, I was never going to give you enough room for a clean pass, and it's lap 1!

Well Laughing One could say that on lap 1, you could give room. I guess this was a case of take and take instead of give and take

Yea you guys in 1st to 9th or so were banging doors nicely on lap 1. I was going to back way off at corner 3 (not the bend, the high speed left) lap 2 in hopes that many of you would end up in that monster sand trap. Oh well...corner 2 had other thoughts for me :D

Damn that was one heck of a crash! :aie:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:36

David Jundt wrote:

But don't be sorry for Steve... That divebomb into the 2nd hairpin was dumb, he ran into one of the De Tomaso I think, I had to avoid the carnage and got a Stop and Go for cutting the track.

Please Steve, I was never going to give you enough room for a clean pass, and it's lap 1! Once again people want to win the race in the first corners...

I think Steve had the right to make the move, as Ayrton Senna said 'And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win'.

The incident on the 2nd lap was a mistake, I don't know how you can blame everything on a mistake, it's motor racing and mistakes happen...this is for fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:42

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

But don't be sorry for Steve... That divebomb into the 2nd hairpin was dumb, he ran into one of the De Tomaso I think, I had to avoid the carnage and got a Stop and Go for cutting the track.

Please Steve, I was never going to give you enough room for a clean pass, and it's lap 1! Once again people want to win the race in the first corners...

I think Steve had the right to make the move, as Ayrton Senna said 'And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win'.

The incident on the 2nd lap was a mistake, I don't know how you can blame everything on a mistake, it's motor racing and mistakes happen...this is for fun Wink

I also think it was a mistake. Steve lost it coming out of one and swept the track as he was recovering. Hell I am the only one (besides Steve...I really nailed him good...note my front end - that has Steve's engine all over it) who got DNF'd (the only damn stat I have on my signature other than races run...lot of 0s elsewhere) and I was fast enough this time to be top 5. I am not pissed off and PM'd Steve to make sure he knows that. I wish he could have finished even if I could not.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 5:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:44

JP Campmajo wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Please Steve, I was never going to give you enough room for a clean pass, and it's lap 1!

Well Laughing One could say that on lap 1, you could give room. I guess this was a case of take and take instead of give and take

I don't wanna be the mean guy here, but I am not happy with late dives. I admit I took a swing like everyone else for the corner, but Steve went too late, I was never gonna count on him trying it because it doesn't work. Moving into my blind spot there is asking for trouble.

@Alessio: How can you say that? You weren't involved in this incident Neutral

Moreover, Steve nearly took Mercurio with him braking too late imo, so I don't think it was a good idea...

GUYS, I mean the incident with Steve and me, what happened after was... divine punishment? Rolling Eyes

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Grab_010

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Grab_011
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:46

David Jundt wrote:
JP Campmajo wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

@Alessio: How can you say that? You weren't involved in this incident Neutral

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Grab_011

I might not have been involved, but it's racing and Steve went for it. Good on him..

And whoever was driving that Mini did an excellent job Razz
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 21:59

I Don't remember seeing a Mini Cooper in the Car list can i change my Alfa please :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:00

I might not have been involved, but it's racing and Steve went for it. Good on him..

And whoever was driving that Mini did an excellent job Razz

Not really good for him... He'd have hit Frank Mercurio if I wasn't there, he carried that much speed into the corner. Carnage broke lose when Frank Verplanken tapped Antoine and I had to avoid his car(light contact), but it was enough for a penalty for me, so sad Crying or Very sad

There's a difference if you go for gaps you can use and those you can't. The idea wasn't bad, but imo late movement and too much speed. The additional penalty made me grumpy and I flashed at Steve.

Well: You can prove me wrong by looking at the replay of the incident and tell me what you think about it. But still, I didn't see a more risky move than the one he did.

As for T2: Watching Mike up close was pale to me! God, so close, I guess it would have been another cut penalty if I didn't receive one already!

@Mini: Skinpack missing, it was JP Razz
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:06

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
For those who son't have it, here is the Porsche skinpack :

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t1610-euro-gt-1972-porsches-24-skinpack-please-download

Merci bien Antoine.

People that only take part in the Tour Auto and didn't race in the GT Series(or Open?) might overlook that skin pack.

LIKE ME DOHOHOHOHOHOHO What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:11

Well let's just keep cool heads and not get this thread locked. It is racing and shit happens.

Steve, I have some Preperation H for your ass end if you need it. I did hit it kind of hard with no condom ;D

(Preparation H is a hemmeroid treatment in the states)

David Cid, per above, I am covered. I will never drive a Ford Pinto in HSO since our historical accuracy will result in a massive fireball.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:29

Oh god Mike, I can't read that... sounds so wrongxD :aie:

I think David Cid finished... 9th? 10th?

Sorry if I am a bit heated up. I've got nothing against Steve, I just think a move at the end of the straight would have been more predictable and easier to too see(so I would not turn in and find a Porsche slurping the left side of my car What a Face ).

Bring on stage 2, after all this is quite entertaining!

I have to say, I was crap in the Ferrari... Top 5 a landslide ahead of us. But in my case, I feel happy to have finished, different feeling to be further than Gui and Lorenzo :D
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:36

Well, about my racing night : Not the greatest to be honest, I was pretty stressed during the prologue (why so many disconection/reconnection??), and even spun losing some 10s I think. In Nogaro, the start and first lap was pretty wreckless (I am to blame as well, slightly hit a Pantera in a hairpin I think). After the accident caused by Steve's spin, I was catching back but spun in the last corner, and had a puncture :doh: What a stupid f*** I am! Had to go to the pits, and when I came back, despite being quite fast, I couldn't take my lap back on the leaders. :smil20: Too bad, I was in the pace for a top 3 position...

Better luck next!

Grats to all the drivers who made it to the end of these two first stages (not that easy apparently!), and see on Sunday in Spain Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:38

David posted some pics of the race on the GPRO.net forum where I am a moderator/staff. I posted the link to the pic showing my car bent to Hell. I already have no less than 4 or 5 people asking "what mod is that??!!??" A few people may be incoming. David's pics came out good. One asked "Is that a Panetera?"

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
why so many disconection/reconnection??

Mine was due to me being idle for over 10 minutes. I am sure others were for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 22:41

Sorry to Franck (Mercurio) and then David (Jundt) after that mishap while you tried to lap me, I saw Franck closing in on the mirrors behind me and moved toward the outside line. Unfortunately, Franck also happened to move into this position, stupid move by me, and then swung back right almost taking David off who was on the inside.

That's racing mate Wink :drink:

Très sympa ce Tour de FranceTour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 _excited__by_cookiemagik-d2orqd4

Qualif: j'avais bien tout lu le briefing, pas de mauvaise surprise donc Wink A part RF qui plante :aie: mais quand je me reconnecte mon temps est toujours pris en compte! :top:

A Nogaro, le départ et les premiers virages ont été virilsTour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Fair_fight_by_CookiemagiKJe passe au travers des plus gros incidents sans trop de mal, et commence a chasser Frank!

En mode drift avec la pantera le Franky Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 _happy__by_CookiemagiK

Alors qu'on revient sur Yves, Frank touche la corvette et part en travers! Je n'ai pas pu t'éviter, désolé Embarassed

J'ai attendu, puis j'ai vu que tu t’étais deco Sad

Yves est trop loin, je continue en surveillant les pneus et la température moteur du félin!

Heureusement David est arrivé pour m’empêcher de m'endormir :top: , et j'ai passé la fin de course a essayer de retenir la rivale de Maranello!

Bravo devant! Merci HSO :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Ruben Freitas
Club Driver
Ruben Freitas

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 23:05

connection lost Sad
Back to top Go down
http://nolimitsracingteam.blogspot.pt/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 23:12

Moi j'ai mangé un poteau qui était caché dans les hautes herbes, pas loin de la fin du prologue Sad
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 23:31

Comme Franck, j'ai eu la chance d'être déco, alors que je regardais Guillaume rouler, après être sorti de la spéciale.

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Oct 2012 - 23:45

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Moi j'ai mangé un poteau qui était caché dans les hautes herbes, pas loin de la fin du prologue Sad

I saw that, with the face ahead into the traffic sign and over it rolled onto the roof Sad

I was over a minute faster than when I first tried the track; And this was only the second time I drove it Razz Although it was a good idea watching Martin on his run.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct 2012 - 7:03

bonjour
bon bas une soirée assez courte pour moi,meme pas fini mon tour sur le prologue,rester coincé au bord de la piste sur une sorte de bas coté bizarre,mon alpine etait poser et je ne pouvait pas faire grand chose ,essayer en vain mon moteur n a pas resister ,je pensait participer quand meme a la course sur nogaro mais la sanction est tomber,vous ne faite pas la course Shocked Shocked .
un peu degouter je m en vait regarde la télé pour me detendre Very Happy .
a dimanche la au moins je pourrait rouler :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct 2012 - 7:09

Pas une sanction Ludo, juste un point du règlement :chinois:

Quote :
En cas d'abandon, lors d'une épreuve spéciale, le pilote ne pourra s'aligner aux épreuves spéciales suivantes de l'étape.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct 2012 - 7:40

Cette 1ere étape était une petite merveille d'originalité. Bravo et merci aux organisateurs.
Dans la spéciale, j'ai oublié de charger le setup, j'y laisse une bonne poignée de secondes. Pas grave. Il fallait arriver au bout et ça a été le cas.
A nogaro, après un départ chaud (sorry Antoine for the bump), j'ai fait une belle course en compagnie de JP.

Nogaro, c'est pas la piste la plus facile avec ces caisses là. Notamment à cause des gros freinages. Faut pas trop s'étonner d'avoir des contacts.

A+ pour la prochaine étape.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct 2012 - 7:48

salut
"sanction" juste pour dire que j ai fait une boulette et je paye le prix fort :D .
le reglement est tres bien de se coter la :top:
a bientot
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct 2012 - 8:32

Vincent Beretta wrote:
Nogaro, c'est pas la piste la plus facile avec ces caisses là. Notamment à cause des gros freinages.
J'te raconte pas avec la Corvette ! affraid

Vincent Beretta wrote:
Faut pas trop s'étonner d'avoir des contacts.
Nous devons tous avoir en tête, lors des épreuves sur circuit, que la place n'a aucune importance, et que c'est le temps qui compte.
Mieux vaut donc laisser le passage quand une caisse plus rapide surgit dans votre rétro, et ne pas forcer le passage quand on talonne une plus lente. Les écarts entre les différents châssis sont tels que, si chacun y met du sien, les dépassements doivent se faire sans aucun risque.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd   Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour de France : Biarritz-Barcelone (E1) October 3rd
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next