Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]

Go down 
+25
Jukka Närhi
Osni Kniess
Yoann Quioc
Jens Kraft
Florkin Marc
Steve Parker
Ludovic Tagli
Jean-louis Petillot
Gérard Ryon
James Knowles
Bernard Jeanmart
Mike Becnel
Diego Dário
Lorenzo Arisi
David Jundt
Carl Larrad
Paul Nadeau
Patrick Marucco
Dave Miller
Olivier Mathieu
Nils Lüdemann
Tiago Malafaya
Francis Houard
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:37

Guillaume told me I had to finish at least 6th. So I finished 6th :smil20:

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Memes-duck-yeah1

Now, for real.

My tank was just too slow here at Keimola, no chance to get into the Top 10 like at Croft. I qualified for 13th out of about 21 cars, not bad Obama.

I took it easy in the first few laps, just trying to stay on track.

After it cleared up and several cars retired, I was already up to P8.

A little bit later, I was 6th! The only danger now was Alexis, and he could easily smoke me with his Porsche. But he made some mistakes, he got as close as 1.5-2s but made several mistakes which let me move away from him again, in the end over 20 seconds.

The only uncertain thing was what Yves was doing :D He went back-and forward like a pinball, spinning and then catching up again. At one point, I just thought "Okay enough Yves, now you have to find a way past yourself, I won't help you!" Razz

It was also with Yves where I had one of 2 mistakes I remember. We braked into the first turn and Yves couldn't decide if he wanted to pass me or not, so I wasa bit too fast and slid across the gras to slap the barrier a little, luckily my tank is sold enough.

The second time was the pit straight, where I steered too little and nearly hit that "thing" there in the grass. I guess a hit would have been a DNF, instant death.

I was also watching my brakes via rfDynHUD, they weared down to about 55% at the front, but it was fine. The rear tyres were also getting worse, so it was good we were done after 51 laps.

Btw: When you come up to lap me, flashing usually means "Please pass me here/now". I was mainly waiting for the straights to let you pass unless you could brake beside me for a corner(Lorenzo, Tiago).

6th again, another 5 points, I do really well with this car! Give me a Ferrari or Porsche and I'll hunt you guys down for podiums! :hihi:

See you at Silverstone!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:40

David Jundt wrote:
Guillaume told me I had to finish at least 6th. So I finished 6th :smil20:

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Memes-duck-yeah1

lol! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 1:24

David Jundt wrote:
Btw: When you come up to lap me, flashing usually means "Please pass me here/now". I was mainly waiting for the straights to let you pass unless you could brake beside me for a corner(Lorenzo, Tiago).

I only flash to let you know I'm there David, I always try to be as prudent as I can, so no need to stress out when I'm behind you Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 1:38

No stress, in fact I can't even recall noticing that you flashed.

But I have to say: Even if it's not the exact Keimola, it was a very nice circuit to drive on.

This is the reason I love historic championships so much.

Also: If you drive with slower, less powerful cars or the friendly backmarkers against the big guys with the stronger cars, you'll be liked by anyone and be famous :D
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 2:40

David Jundt wrote:
No stress, in fact I can't even recall noticing that you flashed.

Can't say I did, since I don't remember really (a lot of backmarkers, all were impecable I must say), but I flashed a few times, don't really know if you were one of those :D

You're a gentleman, that's what counts here :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 3:17

Tiago Malafaya wrote:

Can't say I did, since I don't remember really (a lot of backmarkers, all were impecable I must say), but I flashed a few times, don't really know if you were one of those :D

You're a gentleman, that's what counts here :top:

Well, I guess I am. I am always careful when I get lapped(if :D ).

But it was a bit depressing when Lorenzo lapped me after the final turn.

He just went "WOSH!" on the straight and flew away, it was like there was a trollface on the back saying "Problem mate?" into my face Laughing
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 4:26

An okay race for me-out of ten I score myself a 6.5-7.0. But finishing 9th is good, and I was pleased to qualify ~low mid field rather than back of the pack.

After going off on lap two I found myself running with Diego-who must have been having connection or setup issues, as the car looked to be not handling well. I would pass him, make a mistake, he would pass me, I would catch up (and repeat). It was fun and clean-good racing. After two rounds of this he fell behind and retired.

Throughout the race I struggled with understeer. Fell victim to it once or twice and went off or spun. Driving these cars requires infinite concentration. Its not like the Enduracers Le Mans mod. These are really not easy cars to drive..

About mid race I found myself close to Frank Mercurio, which was a bit of a shock as I know him to be much faster than I. I couldn't get my act together due to traffic or mistakes, and we kept a steady interval. I pitted mid race for fuel tires, and was surprised at the number of cars falling by the wayside.

Was pretty much all alone at this point-dead last amongst the runners, and too far behind those running to make an impact. Then more cars fell out, and an unexpected pit stop or two, and I finished ninth. I think I may have caused a Matra to spin on th next two last lap by braking early, but I think his race ended okay when the car he was pursuing retired one lap from the finish.

Easily made about 1 minute's worth of mistakes if not more. Need to work on braking, and keeping my lines neat and tidy.

See you guys next round...

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 8:01

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Mon chat s'est couché sur la touche "-" du clavier, me mettant dans le cockpit de Tiago je crois. Le temps que je comprenne ce qui se passait ma Ferrari était dans le mur. J'ai essayé de continuer mais avec la direction tordue je suis pas allé bien loin.

:doh:

=========
My cat laid down on the "-" key of my keyboard, sending me into Tiago's cockpit I believe. While I was still trying to figure out what just happened, my Ferrari was into the wall. I tried to keep going, but didn't go far with a bent steering.

:doh:

lol! That must have been scary :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 8:41

Steve Parker wrote:
lol! That must have been scary :rigol:

It was, I was like "oh shit what's going on with my driving ? why is it so bad ? why am I sliding all over the place ?" until I realized I was in Tiago's car. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 9:21

Standings are updated and Lorenzo is already champion :banane:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 9:59

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
It was, I was like "oh shit what's going on with my driving ? why is it so bad ? why am I sliding all over the place ?" until I realized I was in Tiago's car. :hihi:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 10:14

James Knowles wrote:
An okay race for me-out of ten I score myself a 6.5-7.0. But finishing 9th is good, and I was pleased to qualify ~low mid field rather than back of the pack.

Throughout the race I struggled with understeer. Fell victim to it once or twice and went off or spun. Driving these cars requires infinite concentration. Its not like the Enduracers Le Mans mod. These are really not easy cars to drive..

See you guys next round...

HEy James i watched the replay yesterday night and i think it was you to go straight. i hope it wasnt cause i was flashing lights, i was just 2secs behind p3 (who eventually finished place p2) and therefore eager to lose no time Smile

talking of concentration, you immediately responded flashing lights so i think (in that phase) you were very concentrated (but maybe too much on the things around your car?)

the cars are a lot fun, yes and when you are below the limit still one tire can be above the limit, so pushing is quite useless here, they offer constant lap times over 25 laps, somehow a great mod, yes!!!

see you enxt round, yes.

btw i want a rerace. it looked like GPLs Keimola and damn it was so much fun!!! can we have tracks like this with even twistier corners? like Falkenberg Mötörbana?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 10:20

The track is a conversion from GPL's Keimola Wink
Sorry but I don't think these cars ever raced at Falkenberg What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Arisi
Club Driver
Lorenzo Arisi

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 10:37

David Jundt wrote:

But it was a bit depressing when Lorenzo lapped me after the final turn.

He just went "WOSH!" on the straight and flew away, it was like there was a trollface on the back saying "Problem mate?" into my face Laughing

I have nothing against you, i'm flashing the lights a lot because in the past i had some troubles with backmarkers, but recently no probs at all! :hello:

Glad i got a win on a track which is too twisty for my likings, i lost the pole on the last second of qualy but i was confident i had a great race pace, and effectively it was.
I was pulling away half a second a lap on Gui before he had his "problem", from then i just controlled the race, that wasn't easy because if you brake slightly later on this track , you'll go out on the grass (and into the wall :doh: ), i went out 4 times in total, luckily they were only small excursions.

I'll be missing Silverstone because of summer holidays, i'll be back for the Hockenheim enduro, see you there! :top:

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 10:44

Lorenzo Arisi wrote:

I was pulling away half a second a lap on Gui before he had his "problem"

Yeah I tried the hard tires this time because the soft tires can be very tricky in the last 15-20 minutes of a one hour race. I wanted to see if the hard tires could be an advantage comes the end of the race. We'll never know. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Arisi
Club Driver
Lorenzo Arisi

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 11:34

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Lorenzo Arisi wrote:

I was pulling away half a second a lap on Gui before he had his "problem"

Yeah I tried the hard tires this time because the soft tires can be very tricky in the last 15-20 minutes of a one hour race. I wanted to see if the hard tires could be an advantage comes the end of the race. We'll never know. What a Face

With softs the performance dropoff was 6-7 tenths from the start to the end of the race, not that much Wink
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 11:58

Jens Kraft wrote:
HEy James i watched the replay yesterday night and i think it was you to go straight. i hope it wasnt cause i was flashing lights, i was just 2secs behind p3 (who eventually finished place p2) and therefore eager to lose no time Smile

talking of concentration, you immediately responded flashing lights so i think (in that phase) you were very concentrated (but maybe too much on the things around your car?)

Perhaps so, Jens. But I am of the mind that I would rather my own race to suffer than anyone elses. If a don't pay full attention to blue flags and my mirrors-for certain accidents will happen.

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Osni Kniess
Rookie
Osni Kniess

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:10

Race too short for me, because I ended up on my mistake, hitting a tire that should be of rubber, but they were concrete. End of the race at lap 6. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/osnikniess/ok
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:45

James Knowles wrote:
Jens Kraft wrote:

Perhaps so, Jens. But I am of the mind that I would rather my own race to suffer than anyone elses. If a don't pay full attention to blue flags and my mirrors-for certain accidents will happen.

Cheers...

More and more people have this attitude. What a nice scenery. i think simracing egoism is fading since we all are doing this for years and not anymore putting so much effort and tension into it !!! :D

Same for me!!! BUt a pity i suffered so many failures by so many innocent happenings. next time i will switch F11 "on"
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:47

and whats even worse since the advice of adelaide 91 to GUI ? to Toago? I made engine starter to

"K"

and i thought the porsche is SO LIGHT it has no starter affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:56

James Knowles wrote:
After going off on lap two I found myself running with Diego-who must have been having connection or setup issues, as the car looked to be not handling well.

While i admit that i'm not a fast driver and i only practiced once for this race, my perfomance was way below what i can do. Embarassed

That said, indeed i was with problems. i don't know why, must have been a error in my setup or just my usual lack of skill, but the car just wouldn't steer properly to the right. Evil or Very Mad
I was having too much trouble on turns, had almost to stop the car to make the close one before the grid straight.
With all that happening, i was afraid i could make a bad mistake and spoil one of the leading cars race while being lapped so i decided to quit on lap 17. Neutral

But it was very fun while we were switching positions James. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 13:04

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

You wish you could have my driving style :hihi: :langue:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 14:02

Diego Dário wrote:
While i admit that i'm not a fast driver and i only practiced once for this race, my perfomance was way below what i can do. .....But it was very fun while we were switching positions James. Laughing

I fully agree-I know you to be faster than me-I think that is what shocked me the most.

And yes-aside from my oafish errors, we did some very professional racing, never once endangering one another-good fun!
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 15:36

Après avoir visionner le replay je vois que Alexis s'arrete, pensant sans doute que c'était un départ arrété lol! Je vais t'envoyer la facture de la réparation de la 908 car elle va être salée ! Mouaaaaaaaaaaa !!!! :D
Bravo a l'organisation,
Bravo à Lorenzo pour cette victoire et pour le titre ! :champ:
Back to top Go down
Paul Nadeau
Experienced Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012 - 18:24

Well I started 11th and finished 11th! That's better than the last race anyway.
Had a few good battles but didn't stay focused enough and drove it off track too many times. Finally ruined it enough to just park it...

Lot's of fun racing with all the courteous drivers at HSO. Congrats to the finishers. We'll see you at the next one!

Put the cat out next time Gui!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next