Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]

Go down 
+25
Jukka Närhi
Osni Kniess
Yoann Quioc
Jens Kraft
Florkin Marc
Steve Parker
Ludovic Tagli
Jean-louis Petillot
Gérard Ryon
James Knowles
Bernard Jeanmart
Mike Becnel
Diego Dário
Lorenzo Arisi
David Jundt
Carl Larrad
Paul Nadeau
Patrick Marucco
Dave Miller
Olivier Mathieu
Nils Lüdemann
Tiago Malafaya
Francis Houard
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012 - 18:38

bonsoir
present
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012 - 19:42

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
As usual, my setups are on the ftp : ftp://91.121.135.76/setups/rFactor/WSC%201970/
This track doesn't suit the 512 so its normal it drives like crap around here :D

Wasn't aware of your ftp setup page, Guillaume.

Thanks so very much...
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012 - 23:33

Got a wedding to go to at weekend,so not sure i will be back in time
Back to top Go down
Nils Lüdemann
Rookie
Nils Lüdemann

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012 - 23:38

Hi all,

man, the Hotlaps list is really hard...

Didn´t get the Lola faster than a 1.17.3xx yet. Very difficult on Keimola...
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012 - 7:58

I confirm! Keimola is very difficult ! :aie: As for existing hotlaps, they were made ​​a day of good weather with other tires! It's not possible! lol!
50 turns, it will be very hard .....
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012 - 12:09

Peut -être présent ?

Marcus scratch
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012 - 14:50

James Knowles wrote:
Present!

So looking forward to racing these cars again...

Dito, will be there! and after 4 races here (Glen70) , indycar Road America 95, Adelaide 91 and Porsche Enna Pergusa i really look forward to my fifth race.
Unfortunately i have a DNF at adelaide cause of brakes and enna pergusa because of a loose rear, but maybe, like in the 6hour race i can finish again Smile

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
As usual, my setups are on the ftp : ftp://91.121.135.76/setups/rFactor/WSC%201970/
This track doesn't suit the 512 so its normal it drives like crap around here :D

Thanks a lot i might look into them.

Since i have no setup and since the mod really is easy, cause you cannot adjust radiator and brakes etc. i even was able to make after 1 hour pf practice

"MY FIRST OWN SETUP" lol

tadaaaa

well still i dunno if lesser Diff-lock on ernegy causes under or oversteer (mechanically oersteer, but we drive at the limit and there it is different), but i found some balance in the shocks. So, a first success.

my first laptimes were around 1 17 but dont expect me to go faster with the 908/2 because 1) i have no feeling for racing anymore
2) no feeling for rF ever had yet

3) i drive a setup that handles ok but those have mostly no grop (Arisis setup in 91 had 3seconds more grip .................................)

so let me cruise a bit and see if i can finish in the center of the pack!

i hope for rain, then it wont be so hot in my room and remember, F1 Hungarian GP (Mayorgasczak or however they write it) will take place before the race Smile

and yes: Question Question Question

Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow We drive from pit exit till last turn before finish EVERYTHING in 3rd gear, yes? (well i get into the limiter before the long righthander a lot)
Back to top Go down
Yoann Quioc
Club Driver
Yoann Quioc

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012 - 21:41

Absent normalement... en fait tout dépend de l'heure à laquelle je vais rentrer... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Osni Kniess
Rookie
Osni Kniess

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012 - 18:01

Present!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/osnikniess/ok
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012 - 18:41

Jens Kraft wrote:
well still i dunno if lesser Diff-lock on ernegy causes under or oversteer
More power-side lock causes understeer but requires one to slowly feed in the throttle not to break the rears loose and spin like a top.

I read somewhere one should use soft rear ARB to prevent the inside wheel from unloading and counter it with harder springs to put the power down and support the weight of the car. And use as little coast-side lock as possible, whatever the GPL veterans may tell you Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012 - 20:09

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Jens Kraft wrote:
well still i dunno if lesser Diff-lock on ernegy causes under or oversteer
More power-side lock causes understeer but requires one to slowly feed in the throttle not to break the rears loose and spin like a top.

I read somewhere one should use soft rear ARB to prevent the inside wheel from unloading and counter it with harder springs to put the power down and support the weight of the car. And use as little coast-side lock as possible, whatever the GPL veterans may tell you Wink Razz

Yes and no:
The question comes up, why i will give a detailed answer, but asked.

I want to know how "sophisticated" = good rF is in these terms.
IT depends on the load of the tires, etc.
But i read somewhere that rF does NOT alter the grip caused by tire load.
But i feel on hills that the rear goes away, so rF does simulate it. But in reality the relation from weight on the tire to grip is NOT constant.
when you have 40% more weight u might only have 20% more grip.
This is the reason why some tires are wider. the other aspect is that wider tires cool more quickly and dont heat up so fastly.

Now, a more locked Diff and a softer ARB will give you are more even load on the rear tires.
Joosa Riekinnen, a dead fast driver in GPL used that setup on any Papy (standard) track. Despite i own some World records on the fastest tracks ( i love highspeed corner and altering the throttle pedal some times in a second between 90% and 100%) Joosas Le Mans WR is still unbeaten.

Now in rF i have NO CLUE about the fukn grip on the rear Smile

In my 908/02 i started practicing when i wrote 1 week ago that i wanna participate in Keimola. i made the power lock on the Diff to lesser, and the inner tire spun. Thats what u see since 2009 in f1 when cars have no traction control.

but the lock still means, that the inside wheel has ALWAYS more(!!!) torque than the outside wheel. a street car gets quite 100% on the inside wheel, a full lock gets 50 50, but usually the inside has more.

i think (but i dont know) that "pump" like in the 91 f1 mod makes MORE power on the faster(!) turning wheel. (or rather torque).

Since i am not fast BUT still i move the car at the limit, a locked diff makes more oversteer, despite it makes understeer when you are NOT at the limit.

but this is also dependant on the vertical component of corner, etc.

and in these details i was seeking for an answer.
unfortunately rF simulates these details not so that i can already feel them, in addition i am not practiced anymore.

but i think i could even influence tire wear.

usually a spinning inside wheel would also cause oversteer, becasue, if the inside wheel has 30% of the weight, it has lets say 40% of the grip, the outside has 70% weight and 60& grip, and when the inside wheel now spins too fast, you would lose the inner 40%.
but in this moment the differential causes to slow the accelaration of the outside wheel as well, so that you have not too much force on the outside wheel and, not expected, the outside wheel wont slip away.

in a ddition a tire loses a lot of grip when sliding, this is not so much in rF. rF is a bit too nice with us :)like all simulations :D

and thats why in gpl and rF a hard setup is faster but it should be slower. i tried a soft supsension to gain lots of grip. the car had ony 30% handling. i made a perfect lap. it was the same time as with a hard suspension ;(
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 16:45

absent ce soir , du monde pas prévu à la maison !! :grrr:

c'est fou les amis qu'on peut avoir quand on a une maison en Provence avec piscine !!! :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:25

Jean-louis Petillot wrote:

absent ce soir , du monde pas prévu à la maison !! :grrr:

c'est fou les amis qu'on peut avoir quand on a une maison en Provence avec piscine !!! :hum:
C'est vrai, d'ailleurs on sera là demain soir vers 17h30. lol!
Back to top Go down
Philippe Bousquet
Club Driver
Philippe Bousquet

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:33

:hello:

Impossible pour moi de participer ce soir.
Un imprévu de dernière minute.
C'est moi qui vais chez un pote qui a la piscine. lol!
Bah non, même pas.
J'èspère pouvoir être présent pour la prochaine.
A plus et amusez vous bien.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:54

Race server launched Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:18

Well that was short race,went wide in turn 4 was driving on edge of grass to rejoin when someone smashed into side of me,puncture and to much damage to continue
Back to top Go down
Nils Lüdemann
Rookie
Nils Lüdemann

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:22

Naa, short race for me, too...

was able to let Yves behind me after the start in T1, and had a nice fight with him in the first rounds.

In lap 3, in the infield he got beside me in the inner line, I wanted to let him enough space to pass, and got a little of the track on the left side, into one of the "half-tyre" - barriers, which seem to be made from steel... :rigol:

Hmpf, was my own fault...

On August 6th, I will be in hospital for an operation. When everything works well after that, I will join the next race in Silverstone - hope to meet you all then again!
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:32

Désolé pour ce départ catastrophique. Sad Déja je rate mon départ du tour de lancement et au franchissement de la ligne de depart gros coup de frein devant. J'ai du ruiné quelques courses.... Crying or Very sad J'ai essayé de poursuivre mais rien à faire c'était inconduisible !
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:37

Moi je n'ai carement pas pu prendre le départ Sad
A la mise en grille ma voiture s'est retrouvé dans un champ au lieu d'être sur la piste et impossible de la faire bouger scratch
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:49

Mon chat s'est couché sur la touche "-" du clavier, me mettant dans le cockpit de Tiago je crois. Le temps que je comprenne ce qui se passait ma Ferrari était dans le mur. J'ai essayé de continuer mais avec la direction tordue je suis pas allé bien loin.

:doh:

=========
My cat laid down on the "-" key of my keyboard, sending me into Tiago's cockpit I believe. While I was still trying to figure out what just happened, my Ferrari was into the wall. I tried to keep going, but didn't go far with a bent steering.

:doh:
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 20:52

Patrick Marucco wrote:
Moi je n'ai carement pas pu prendre le départ Sad
A la mise en grille ma voiture s'est retrouvé dans un champ au lieu d'être sur la piste et impossible de la faire bouger scratch

Il ne fallait pas prendre une tondeuse à gazon ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:10

Man i juat wrote a whole report and it didnt post it.

but it was a VERY VERY sad story and i am getting angry on that bad luck that i have-

I was racing in the corners and suddenly my screen went black.
pc problems in the past made me look on the pc immediately but the sound was still going on. so after a while the desktop(!) came on the screen.
i pressed alt+tab and i pressed the rF on the task bar.

Suddenly i was in the cockpit. and what ??? in that moment my left Thumb slipped off the clutch.

Engine stalled, Race over.

What a mishappen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was doing 1 16.0 with full tank in my practice on this track in only 2 hours.
7 days later i race (today)

in the meantime i tried DTM mod and had a bad feeling for the car.
1 16 0 with emtpy tank prove it.

still i was more than 1 sec faster than the others in my class.

after 22 laps i posted 1 16.4 to 1 16.8 times only.

i was 3 seconds behind malafaya... after 40% race distance with a 906.

WHAT A SHAME Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

when tiagos tires wear down at race end, man, maybe i couldve gotten him!!!

What a shame.

5 races and 3 failures, normally i finish every race but this is like ReALLY bad luck.
what a shit i am very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:22

When i was braking for turn 1 at lap 15 there was a moment where my car walked to the left side not to the right. i didnt know what i was. later i found out with 51% my rear tires where locking up (or turning slower) under braking. i was so much at the limit, never drover more than 5 laps and continuisly doing 1 16.high

man i am sad about this!!!

is there a way to watch the end of the race? because next time my car goes down i want to see the end. like the gplTV or rF tv ?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:33

Results and replay Wink
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:45

L'enfer....

Déjà je fait 1.17.4 offline avec l'essence pour la course, impossible de descendre sous 18.4 online avec 15L Mad

Ensuite, toujours ce truc bizarre online: grosse latence sur les passages de rapports, et pédale d’accélérateur ultra sensible! Comprends pas! :smil20:

Tout comme je comprends pas cette bagnole, déjà pour la régler, mais en course j'ai carrément l'impression que le comportement change d'un tour a l'autre scratch

Deux fois aux stands, en plus lors de mon premier crash je rate l'entrée la première fois, et au tour suivant, pour rentrer, obligé de m’emplâtrer le rail histoire de pas faire 3 tours au ralenti lol! J'étais plus a ça prés Rolling Eyes

J'ai du toucher quelqu'un dans les premiers tours, aucune idée de qui ça peut être, j'ai rien vu rien senti, je m'en suis aperçu en voyant du jaune sur le hud! En tout cas je lui présente mes excuses!

Je finis dernier a trois tour de mon plus proche adversaire, j'avais espérer marquer quelques points vu l’hécatombe, mais même pas Neutral

M'en fou je me vengerais sur la prochaine :antoine: Enfin j’espère :hihi:

Bravo devant, merci pour l'orga!
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]   Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Keimola [July 29th]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next