Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released

Go down 
+2
Alberto Ibañez
Diego Dário
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Empty
PostSubject: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 21:18

Quote :
Marvin Wankerstein at forum.sandrox.net

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Scaled.php?server=17&filename=classicmusclelogo

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Scaled.php?server=80&filename=rfactor2011122722035673

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Scaled.php?server=10&filename=rfactor2011120300420096

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Scaled.php?server=854&filename=rfactor2011122722290142

The mod has been released : http://www.mediafire.com/?93f9u98xdz6qkoa

Sounds : http://www.mediafire.com/?0nej2tj0xlbe0ug

This mod is a BETA release. It has some issues that hopefully will be addressed in the near future. See the readme file for full credits. Thanks to cammel and smallblockhero for all of their help.

The following cars are in the mod :

1965 Pontiac GTO

1968 Mercury Cougar

1968 Dodge Coronet Superbee

1969 Mustang Boss 302

1969 Chevrolet Camaro

1969 Dodge Charger

1969 Dodge Daytona

1969 Pontiac GTO

1969 AMC Javelin

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner

1970 Plymouth Barracuda

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

1970 Pontiac Firebird

1970 Ford Torino

1971 Chevrolet Camaro

1971 AMC Javelin

There are over 200 skins for them and more cars may follow in the future.

I hope you enjoy racing with them as much as I do.

For further discussion : http://virtualracingsports.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rfd&action=display&thread=19

Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 22:57

Hmm i liked the mod very much....maybe its possible to recreate a 1970 NASCAR field with this mod:

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 8:40

Very nice mod, looks like a rework of the much older American muscle mod? I think Frank will have mixed feelings about that one Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  788525

Will download later today and see how the cars behave and look close, thx for the heads-up Diego Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  420535
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 9:09

The TransAm cars from the HistoricGT mod look a lot sexier to me. pig The models are really low-poly. But if the physics are good, it could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:03

Sadly the physics for the cars are all the same,i just saw it shortly after i created the thread. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:08

We should do a high-bank 500 miler just for kicks. Good ol' HSO boys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:16

The 3D looks more than low poly - check the right front wheel going through the bodywork on the Petty Dodge #43 in the last screenshot drunken .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 12:26

You guys are judging the graphics in the mod too much from the screenshots without even installing it. in game the mod is very good looking,with the exception of some models from the american muscle mod.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 14:20

Low poly models don't necessarily have to be bad, it depends on the shape of the car -older. squared shapes accept better low polys than soft, curved ones-. Textures however need to add shading to improve the looks, and this one seem rather flat to me yet. Downloading now and will have a better opinion once I see them in action Smile

Quote :
Sadly the physics for the cars are all the same,i just saw it shortly after i created the thread.

Sad While suspension-wise these cars were pretty similar (SAL arms front, beam axle rear) there were some differences in rear suspension linkeage and specially in aerodynamics -A Daytona and a Superbird particularly had an amazing 0.26 Cx and almost no lift at the front while the other cars are almost bricks Neutral
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 12:09

Quote :
Petty Dodge #43

HERESY Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 19:49

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
Petty Dodge #43

HERESY Evil or Very Mad

Haha yeh right Plymouth sorry ^^ .

Diego Dário wrote:
You guys are judging the graphics in the mod too much from the screenshots without even installing it. in game the mod is very good looking,with the exception of some models from the american muscle mod.

I'm not judging, I'm just saying :p . But a mod with spec physics and cheap 3D has to be tremendously fun to drive to gain my attention. And you don't seem that enthusiastic yourself about it ^^ . Furthermore I see nothing we can do with this mod at HSO : oval-based Stock-Car racing (NASCAR or USAC) is problematic on rFactor, and all the road racing we could do like the Trans-Am we have HGT 1.9 which can only be better than this mod (only Ben would disagree on that :D ) .
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 21:29

In a way, they look like an export from NASCAR Racing 2003.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 21:38

The best NR2003 mods like the Trans-Am, GTP or Aero88 are much nicer than this mod (judging only by the screens). But then they're much nicer than most rFactor mods anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 9:44

I think Alessio refers to the "Grand National 1970" mod for NR2003, which featured these same cars.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 10:38

Ah yes maybe so, but GN70 too looks better than the vast majority of rf mods :D Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 15:00

I have installed the mod and had a pleasent surprise Smile The pictures that Dario posted seem of an older version, this one has much better ones, almost on par with the HGT mod in some cars (Others are worser, but not that bad). Skins however are not all great. Digging a bit into the files, I also noticed that there are indeed different physics for each model, though I haven't tested the cars yet on the track.

Anyway, I think it's worth investigating and trying it a bit more :D

Quote :
Hmm i liked the mod very much....maybe its possible to recreate a 1970 NASCAR field with this mod:

I think that a Daytona 500 would be much better with the aforementioned GN70 mod for NR2003 Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 15:12

Thanks Alberto I'll give the mod a try one of these days Wink .
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 15:35

Small update: The cockpits are certainly not at the same level, but they are obviously still pending a rework.

I got a crash with the Mustang 69

A brief test shows physics are in the right direction, and cars have the correct feel, though the Daytone has too little inertia and reacts too quickly, and the tires are not as forgiving as one would expect from bias plys. Overall they feel more like cars updated to modern racing equipment rather than "historic" ones.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Car Mod Released    Classic Muscle Car Mod Released  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Muscle Car Mod Released
Page 1 of 1