Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 12 - Zandvoort

Go down 
+19
Vincent Rieux
Carl Larrad
Greg Hunt
Kimmo Kononen
Jan Verschueren
Vincent Beretta
Jean-François Bovy
Florkin Marc
Gianluca Desposito
Tiago Malafaya
Roman Koranda
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Arnaud Pirlot
Janne Tanskanen
Abat Hernaez
Carlo Pozzi
Steve Parker
Antoine de Mautor
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Janne Tanskanen
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:17

Greg, please speak english so that I can understand what you're saying.

About that accident, I don't understand why you turn from left line behind me right before the braking and hit my left rear tyre as I start braking. That resulted me locking up the tyres and not be able to stop as well as possible. Unfortunate accident.

And you were the guy who gained in that anyway. You got a 6 second lead. Your car wasn't damaged any more than mine either. You set a 1.16,5 a lap after.

Your retirement 2 laps after that was 100% ur own fault so I don't see why you seem to be so angry. You could have won if you hadn't made mistake and crashed.

But in spite of this happening it was nice to race. Thanks to Kimmo for sharing his setup and knowledge about the mod, it helped me a lot today!

Last edited by Janne Tanskanen on Sun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:17

Carlo got a nice birthday Present a G27 and the only regular driver to finish the GP lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:19

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Greg Goissen wrote:
j'arrive a mettre 36 s a Carlo et Tiago ( qui ne sont pas les derniers venus comme vous le savez ).

Ah alors toi aussi tu as surement une voiture trop rapide pour toi... :hum:

non moi j ai la voiture que ton collègue Admini Guillaume m a attribué en fonction du classement de l année derniere , de plus moi je participe a la totalité du championnat et je n ai jamais menti sur mon niveau ...
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:20

Autant les vidéos pour résumer une course c'est bien, autant pour ce genre de chose je pense qu'on pourrait s'en passer.

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:22

Greg Goissen wrote:
Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Greg Goissen wrote:
j'arrive a mettre 36 s a Carlo et Tiago ( qui ne sont pas les derniers venus comme vous le savez ).

Ah alors toi aussi tu as surement une voiture trop rapide pour toi... :hum:

non moi j ai la voiture que ton collègue Admini Guillaume m a attribué en fonction du classement de l année derniere , de plus moi je participe a la totalité du championnat et je n ai jamais menti sur mon niveau ...

C'était pour rigoler! Je comprends que tu l'ais un peu mauvaise mais tu exagères peut-être un peu...
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:24

Greg Goissen wrote:
mais pas de soucis bien entendu c est totalement de ma faute comme d habitude !!

En dehors du fait que Janne loupe son freinage, tu passes à l’extérieur puis te rabats sur la trajectoire, donc c'était inévitable que ça finisse comme ça. 50/50 pour moi.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:28

Janne Tanskanen wrote:

About that accident, I don't understand why you turn from left line behind me right before the braking and hit my left rear tyre as I start braking. That resulted me locking up the tyres and not be able to stop as well as possible. Unfortunate accident.

And you were the guy who gained in that anyway. You got a 6 second lead. Your car wasn't damaged any more than mine either. You set a 1.16,5 a lap after.

Your retirement 2 laps after that was 100% ur own fault so I don't see why you seem to be so angry. You could have won if you hadn't made mistake and crashed.

But in spite of this happening it was nice to race. Thanks to Kimmo for sharing his setup and knowledge about the mod, it helped me a lot today!

Nice win bravo, but dont expect to be allowed to race again here. You abused me and all the other regular drivers.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:30

passons , gros coup de gueule de ma part , rendez vous a la prochaine course , j enlève les videos et mes posts innapropriés pour la bonne tenue du forum
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:34

Greg Goissen wrote:
passons , gros coup de gueule de ma part , rendez vous a la prochaine course , j enlève les videos et mes posts innapropriés pour la bonne tenue du forum

ps : je n ai la possibilité de supprimer que mon dernier message scratch Gui peux tu donc virer tous mes posts a partir de celle des videos ,Martin a raison , merci .
Back to top Go down
Janne Tanskanen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:36

Well it was only today when Kimmo told me to set auto blip off and buy that upgrade gated shifter or whatever. He also sent me a setup which made me faster. I didn't think I would race for victory but I found a good touch for the car and it was enjoyable to drive.

I don't understand why I'm not allowed to race again with same level equipment as greg or carlo (who seemed to be quick today)

Last edited by Janne Tanskanen on Sun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:39

I Dont normally comment on incidents like this but i have to say that if i was in a similar situation i think i would have slowed but then thats just me , Greg you had the racing line but Janne was just in front , but when he locked his brakes it was an accident waiting to happen .... I would say it was 50/50 , I bet if you could both go back you would have given each other more room .....

I Think Janne has done really well to come here and beat everyone
but you dont just come here as Mr average driver and lap everyone its unheard of affraid

Well done Janne on the win :first:
Well Done Birthday Boy :second:
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 22:44

Au moins moi quand je débarque en F1, on ne se pose pas la question de mon niveau Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 0:02

Plus de freins après 29 tours, 2 fois sortie à Tarzan, 2me fois trop endommagé pour atteindre les stands. DNF. :aie:

No brakes anymore after 29 laps, went of twice at Tarzan. Too much damage second time to get back to the pits. DNF. :aie:
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 4:46

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Janne Tanskanen wrote:

Nice win bravo, but dont expect to be allowed to race again here. You abused me and all the other regular drivers.

How did he abuse all of us? Or am I not a regular? I don't get it. Are you not allowed to win a race with 2 finishers? I stayed on for a while after my DNF and watched. Janne did very well, marginally quicker than Greg. Carlo was off pace but he explained that before the race, having to get used to a new wheel, and after the race by saying his tires were totally gone after 20 laps. 55 to go...

I don't know more about that incident with Greg than you do, and I would agree with it falling under the 50/50 incident category. Oh well, when a league with normally 25+ participants falls to 12 drivers on a grid, and new drivers are being turned away for being quick (unless something horrible has been happening that none of us can see here on the forum) I'm not all that impressed.

And look at the laptimes he did, there is nothing unusual about them. Normally a fastest lap in the race comes close to the best q time. Janne was still more than 2 seconds slower. Just consistent in the 16's, with the odd high 15 at the end. I'm sure getting used to the mod help a little here, he just installed it a few days ago. Compare that to laptimes from last year.
Zandvoort fatest laps 2010

Dark horse? Most of us have to drive our wheels off to be within 2 seconds of the fastest times, ALL the time. I am sure we all know what that feels like but we still turn up to race. Sure, 2 laps in the lead. You have to see that Carlo dropped 10-20 seconds every lap for the last 9 laps.

I have never met or heard about Janne before in my life until today, so I gave him a little help, as he is totally new to the mod, and he's a fellow Finn. (Although I do offer my help to others as well, anyone who will have it) The reason for me being a little upset now is that many seem to jump up and down on him for coming here and not being slow. I don't agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 8:41

From where I stand, a guy 3s off pace in quali, going 1s quicker than everybody else in race was hidding his pace to keep his Williams and blow everybody up.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 9:12

Carlo, just curious, what were you using before the Logitech G27?

Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 9:48

a PS3 paddle, and still he wins everything !! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 10:16

Désolé Laurent mais si tu as a maté le replay depuis mon cockpit tu as dû comprendre que je ne pouvais rien faire... D'ailleurs je n'ai même pas capté que tu m'avais touché. Mais bon je regardais la voiture de Kimmo, j'essayais d'anticiper son retour en piste. C'est dommage que tu n'aies pas fait pareil au lieu d'essayer de me dépasser dans cette situation délicate dans un virage délicat dans le premire tour de la course...
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 10:25

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
From where I stand, a guy 3s off pace in quali, going 1s quicker than everybody else in race was hidding his pace to keep his Williams and blow everybody up.

Yeh true it looks like that... But maybe he didn't know the mod really well and made progress with it these last days ? Anyways let's give him a chance, Janne seems like a nice guy. I mean we've had guys who turned out to be too fast for their cars but still did full years with it (Othmane or Pierre L.) so now that we know's Janne real level we can give him a fitting car, no ?

As for the accident with Greg, I too think it's 50/50.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 10:32

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

New mod. No setup. Maybe he learned a little during all that driving too? 0.1s quicker than the fastest lap of last year, in a Wiilliams. Hardly counts as blowing anyone away. You can't blame the guy for Carlo and Greg being off their normal pace. Greg did a 1.15.x last year, in the same car as now. He's allowed it, which is totally cool by me.

How can you compare yourself to guys you have never raced against, in a mod you have never driven, when asked?

I'd say he was dead on where he should be. Or at least close, he might learn to become even quicker and then the top 3 guys might be in a situation 20 other drivers are all the time. The idea has always been to make so the field is even, no? Well both Carlo and Greg are unbeatable, normally. Now they lost, but they shouldn't have. No one else would have had a chance to win anyway, unless the top 3 crashed.

Gui mate, I know how you are thinking, but you can't blow your gasket because of 0.1 seconds. Think about it. How could he know? The help I gave him, was a few hours before the race. Setup I gave him in Warmup.

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 10:56

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Yeh true it looks like that... But maybe he didn't know the mod really well and made progress with it these last days ? Anyways let's give him a chance, Janne seems like a nice guy. I mean we've had guys who turned out to be too fast for their cars but still did full years with it (Othmane or Pierre L.) so now that we know's Janne real level we can give him a fitting car, no ?

As for the accident with Greg, I too think it's 50/50.

agreed. I tend to believe in Janne's sincerity, and I would advise that he stuck to a car more fitted to his skills, the Brabham for example
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 11:02

pour conclure : je n ai strictement rien contre Janne au contraire , c est un excellent pilote et peut etre meme le meilleur de nous tous , et je suis tres content de voir un nouveau pilote arrivé dans ce championnat que j 'adore. et j espere également qu il va rester ici et faire de belles courses avec nous .

juste ce que je reproche a Janne , c est de nous avoir pris tous pour des " imbéciles " sur 2 points c est tout , je m explique samedi a 14h il poste que son meilleur temps possible avec la Williams c est 1.16.5 ce qui laisse supposer qu il tourne plus ou moins régulierement dans les 17 donc , a ce moment la c est tout a fait légitime qu il ait la Williams pour lui , mais la vérité c est que si il avait vraiment fait ses qualifs il aurait eu la pole position sans aucun probleme aux alentours des 1.12.5 je pense ...

mais ce qui me dérange le plus , c est qu il ose nous faire croire qu il a découvert le mod Vendredi ou jeudi ... Shocked , non mais un peu de serieux , qui peut croire une seconde ici (alien ou pas alien ) qu un mec qui a decouvert le mod F1 79 il y a 3 jours Williams ou pas Williams entre les mains puisse avoir le rythme qu il avait en course hier soir . avec encore 140 l d essence et des pneus durs il tournait deja en 1.15.8 derriere moi Shocked Shocked faut arreter la .

et un autre détail mais anecdotique celui la , on a tous fait son 1er départ en f1 79 , on sait tous comment ca a fini plus ou moins , soit un crash au 1er tour soit avant la mi course soit on a fini la course a 6 tours des leaders non ? ( alien ou pas alien ) bon et la il part quasi dernier dépose tout le monde comme si de rien n était , et décroche la victoire facile .... mais bien entendu il a découvert le mod il y a 3 jours ... scratch

google translation Embarassed

o conclude: No I have absolutely nothing against Janne on the contrary, c is an excellent driver and maybe the best of us all, and I am very happy to see a new driver came to this league that I adore. and I also hoped that it will stay here and make nice races with us.

just what I was accused Janne, c is to be made ​​for all "fools" of 2 c is, I m said Saturday he has 14h post his best time with the Williams c which is 1.16.5 suggests that it runs more or less regularly in the 17 then, at that time of c is quite legitimate that it has the Williams for him, but the truth is that if c he really made ​​his qualifying would have been on pole position without any problem in the vicinity of 1.12.5 I think ...

but what bothers me most, c is that he dares us to believe that he discovered the mod Friday or Thursday ... : shock: not but a little serious, who can believe one second here (not alien or alien) that a guy who discovered the F1 mod 79 3 days ago Williams or no Williams in the hands may have the pace that it was in the race last night. even with 140 l of gasoline and hard tires already in 1.15.8 he turned behind me: shock:: shock: the need to stop.

and other details but that's anecdotal, we all made ​​his first start in 79 f1, we all know how it ended up more or less, or a crash in the 1st round either before or half way we finished the race 6 rounds of non-leaders? (Alien or no alien) good and he left almost everyone filed past as if nothing was, and won an easy victory .... but of course he discovered the mod ... 3 days ago : scratch:

Back to top Go down
Janne Tanskanen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 11:19

I have been racing rFactor since 2006 so I have experience of the simulator. I tried this mod first time a couple of years ago but no too much, I was a lot slower also those days. Then was this 1-2 years I raced another mods in several leagues (mostly modern F1), not GP79. First try with your version of the mod wasn't 3 days ago, it was a week before. Did maybe 20-30 laps. Then didn't drive until thursday or friday. I was still very slow, a) because I didn't have the best possible touch, b) I didn't know that auto blip should be turned off nor that I should buy the gated shifter upgrade, c) couldn't make a proper setup. All these became solved on Sunday, thanks to Kimmo.

Sorry for this inconvenience. Of course I want the best possible car I can get because I want to win. I admit there was some strategy about this to get Williams but I didn't think I could win until Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 12:36

Janne Tanskanen wrote:
I didn't know that auto blip should be turned off

?? j 'apprends des choses tous les jours moi Very Happy c est quoi cette modification et ou est ce que l on doit la faire ?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 12:38

Janne Tanskanen wrote:
Of course I want the best possible car I can get because I want to win. I admit there was some strategy about this to get Williams

Well, that's bad Crying or Very sad Definitely not in the spirit of our league! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Zandvoort   Round 12 - Zandvoort - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Zandvoort
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next