Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Hockenheim

Go down 
+29
François Besançon
Gianluca Desposito
Abat Hernaez
Jan Verschueren
Frank Labédan
Kimmo Kononen
Olivier Philipps
Thomas Gatschnegg
Pierre Labédan
Jan Kowalski
Patrice Gibelin
Florkin Marc
Steve Parker
Frank Verplanken
Carl Larrad
Vincent Beretta
Tiago Malafaya
Bruno Frigiere
Greg Hunt
Jean-louis Petillot
Pierre Pfleger
Bernard Jeanmart
finally gone :)
Vincent Rieux
Mario Gassner
Carlo Pozzi
Roman Koranda
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 21:55

Really sorry Roman Mad I came too fast in the Stadium entry and lost the rear. I feel guilty to get that point we should have fought for, we could even get 5th place without that Neutral
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 22:05

2 points durement gagnés. Beaucoup de fautes, et pourtant j'avais bien préparé la course. Aprés le 3 ou 4eme choc, la caisse était un peu bizarre, mais bon, ça m'a incité à me calmer un peu. Et puis surtout, quelques tours de bagarre dantesque avec Carlo et Carl.

Mais putain que ça fait du bien de se retrouver à 24 pour tourner :top:

Bravo au podium, wd Carl :top:

Last edited by Vincent Beretta on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 22:27

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 22:58

Carlo_Kimmo_Carl_Coming Though :yaa:

That was an awesome race im bloody knackered
had a lovely fight with Vincent Early on not sure what happened going into the 1st chicane
but i think i was lucky Great Stuff Vincent .... :slurp:

Then had a great battle with Kimmo dont no what lap we started racing each other but i was shaking when i
crossed the finish line he blew me away on the straights but i was quicker in the twisty stuff , i was following really close
going into the 2nd chicane he braked earlier than me i dont know how i managed to stop without contact .... :hihi:

Later in the race he seemed to slow down so i managed to get by i thought he may have been trying to save fuel
as i could keep the gap at 2 seconds then all of a sudden the gap went up to 9 seconds i think Kimmo must have made a mistake somewhere so i thought great i was in with a chance of 3rd after several retirements in front ...... :raclure:

Towards the end i was catching Pierre and i was dreaming that i maybe could get 2nd Pierre seemed to be struggling for grip or he was low on fuel and kimmo was 7 seconds behind with some 5-6 laps to go i speeded up to try and catch Pierre but made a stupid mistake only mistake of the race for me really so this allowed Kimmo to catch and pass me for 3rd ... :doh:

Very late in the race Pierre made a mistake and i got my 3rd place back .... Wink

A fantastic Race for me and my 2nd Ligier Podium this year so im well "over the moon"
to get 4 more points and its nice to contribute towards Ligier constructors.... :D

Congrats to Carlo :first:
THX to Kimmo :second:
Im so Happy Carl :third:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:02

That was a fun race after all. Even if I was having second thoughts about driving in my condition. Naff all practice time for Q and not a lot of seating time at all since our last race. But I thought I may as well race with you, I love it too much to pass on it just because of a simple flu. So time for the race. I did a little testing today and found I could do with less wings than I used in qualy. How uncool is that? scratch When lights went green, I was gutted to hear Steve's engine bog down, before hearing a crash behind me. I had high hopes for a win for you here mate. I knew you could do it.
But that is the price you pay with that car, to get a close ratio box. Sure it helps accelerating through the gears at speed, but getting off the line is a bitch. Even if you have a clutch pedal with half a metre of travel, it is a bit of a hit or miss.
I prefer using a tractor gearing, a short first and then spread them evenly. It is like a muscle car after that, the revs drop as if you're skipping every other gear. The powerband is sooo short... And you end up towing anything with 4 wheels and a steering wheel, on the not ultra-long straights...

Anyway, I stayed in the top 3 for a while, then I made a few mistakes and all of a sudden I had Carlo piggybacking on my gearbox. We had tons of fun, swapping positions several times per lap for a whole bunch of laps. Damn that was fun. Scary but fun. Then I decided to back off a little, to be safe and go to go faster, as Carl was closing from behind. So then I lost concentration again and now Carl was filling my mirrors. I kept missing my braking point going into the second chicane. I was looking for the 200 metre sign, but sometimes I thought the 300 was the 200, and vice versa. Once we almost collided because of that, but I guess Carl could see that coming so he just parked his car (felt like it) next to me, gave me an imaginary glance saying "And what the fuck are you doing then?" And sped off. Thanks a lot mate, well predicted. Then I went off the track coming into the stadium section. Some bastard kept moving that sign too. Lost a whole lot of time, but didn't hit anything. So I thought I may as well raise the boost a little, to see if Carl could be made nervous by hunting him down. It failed. He is way too calm/relaxed/good/confident to be pushed around. So I ended up pushing way too hard and kept making more mistakes than an American president in the office.

Then all of a sudden I see the gap shrinking really fast, Carl had to go off track somewhere. So I managed to think about what I was doing once again, and caught him chasing Pierre of all people?? How did he end up there? Absence of fuel I heard afterwards. I guess that would do it. Only I can not understand how anyone can run out of fuel, who isn't in a Renault?? Shame on you. :grrr:

So once I raised the boost to 10 and passed Carl on the first straight, like he was oncoming traffic, (Sweet Renault turbo power) and I see Pierre going off the 1st chicane. I must be dreaming, scrolled to the positions window and found myself in 2nd!

So I was pretty much handed 2nd, but I'll take it. Deserved or not. :second:

Great driving by Carlo, grats to the win :first: , and equally great driving by Carl :third: . Kudos to you both. :champ:

Good job, everyone who got lapped. You made it very easy for us. I can't remember who it was, one of the new drivers in a red car even went off the track to let us pass. Don't do that mate. You are entitled to your piece of road as much as the faster drivers. Just keep your speed and line and they will get by you. Sometimes you can help by lifting off a little, but stay on the track please. You would hate losing the rear end on the grass, and spinning out on to the track in front of traffic, only because you tried to be helpful. Or stuffing it in the wall and ending your race. No one can ever ask you to do that.

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:13

Standings are updated on the site Wink .

Grats to all finishers, looked like a nice one ! Extra cheers to my team mate Carlos Larrados for his podium - well done mate \o/ !!!
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:24

THX Frank
THX Kimmo
Makes me very greatfull that i found such a great League to race in.... cheers

Also forgot to say THX to all the people being lapped i know how difficult it is to get
out the way when the Blue flag is waved everyone was just perfect ... :clap:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:31

Kimmo Kononen wrote:

Once we almost collided because of that, but I guess Carl could see that coming so he just parked his car (felt like it) next to me, gave me an imaginary glance saying "And what the fuck are you doing then?" And sped off. Thanks a lot mate, well predicted.
As if i would say that I Slowed down to see if you where OK lol!
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 23:50

horrible experience que de vivre une perte de connection ( connection lost ) qui plus est des que tu es leader d une course et que tu es a 10 tours du bonheur comme je l etais ce soir !!!!!!! j aurais tellement aimé feter ma titularisation en temps que pilote officiel de F1 1979 par une victoire Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
je ne souhaite a personne de vivre une telle experience de merde , car si tu fais une erreur tu ne peux t en prendre qu a toi meme mais la c est strictement independant de ta volonté !!!!!
Pierre et moi nous sommes livrés une superbe bagarre familiale , c etait a toi a moi au niveau du chrono et de la 1 ere place ....
c est dommage qu un des 2 de la famille n ai pas pu gagner Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

félécitations a Carlo :top:

traduction google en anglais , I m laizy to translate all what i wrote ...

horrible experience to live in a loss of connection (connection lost) that service is that you are leader of a race and you're a 10 laps of happiness as I struts tonight !!!!!!! I'd so loved celebrate my appointment time an official driver in F1 in 1979 with a win: twisted:: twisted:: twisted:
I do not want a person living in such a crappy experience, because if you make a mistake you can t take that same of you but c is strictly independent of your will !!!!!
Peter and I have fought a great battle family c of you was to me at the clock and the 1st place ....
c is a pity that two of the n I could not win: cry:: cry:

Congratulation to Carlo: top:
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 0:24

I was the red piece of...car Laughing that was lapped time and time again. The Ensign isn´t a rocket on his prime, but after the first lap of the race i have had two collisions and was in boxes repairing damage (and changing the still brand new tyres, forgot about that). Quite a hectic start, with cars all over the place.

With the car damaged but still perfectly drivable i kept churning on. I tried to better my lousy 2:01 time but i couldn´t, lap after lap somebody appeared on my mirrors and had to give way. I kept the car in the black stuff yet, i also hate people going offtrack when i lap them. But...had a total brainfart in the motodrom, smashed head on against the wall and had to pit again for repairs (and extra 30 sec for tyres again Evil or Very Mad ).

This time the car was a handful, the steering column was royally screwed up and pushed to the right like crazy. I thought about parking the car and calling a day, but then:

Spotter:"the car in your front is out of the race!"
Me: "Oh, i will do two laps to take his position an abandon thereafter."

One lap later:

Spotter:"the next car in front of you is out of the race too, dude!"
Me: "awesome, let´s do two laps more and then i..."
Spotter:"another car bites the dust, keep going you asshole!!!"

Well, i could control the car after all but it was quite a chore. Atleast half of my grass excursions were caused by looking behind and losing the reference to the front. The bloody car would dart to the right and i would find in the grass at high speed. Hope i wasn´t too much of a nuisance, tried to stay very aware of the traffic because my car was an accident waiting to happen.

I had completely lost any sense about the race, it was a formless blurb of cars lapping me again and again, cars abandoning and me climbing steadily in the standings. When the checkered appeared i was eleventh, and quite happy to be honest.

Let´s hope next race i can atleast have some dices with other backmarkers :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 0:24

Gregoire Goissen wrote:
bon courage Bernard et bon rétablissement , en esperant te retrouver sur la piste au plus vite :hello: :hello: :hello:
Merci Grégoire, ça fait plaisir... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pierre Labédan
Pro Driver
Pierre Labédan

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 0:25

très peu d entrainement pour cette course,un peu étonné de me retrouver en tête à la fin du 1 er tour après avoir passé grégoire auteur d un départ canon,j arrive facilement à rester devant grégoire sans vraiment prendre de risques mais très vite je me rends compte que ca va être juste au niveau conso.je tire un peu moins les rapports pour voir si je repasse dans le vert et Grégoire me repasse à l aspi.
vu qu il a mon set up je pense qu il n a pas compris que j avais levé pour économiser et qu il ne finira pas la course.quand il disparait de l écran je me retrouve largement seul en tête mais mon problème de conso ne s arrange pas il me manque 4 litres pour finir si je roule normalement ,obligé de lever carrément et carlo remonte je spine en essayant de résister sans tirer les rapports à fond et abime la voiture ,fin de course horrible avec volant de travers
je refait une faute en essayant de résister à carl et kimmo et finis 4 à l agonie avec 400 mètres d' autonomie
plus stupide ca n existe pas la ou d autres consomment 152l il m en faut 160,j avais 155

le suspense est maintenu pour le championnat
geek
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 8:04

Beaucoup d'entrainement (plus de 160 tours...jamais autant roulé en 79) pour absolument rien. La prochaine j'arrive avec 0 entrainement (pour ce que cela sert de toute facon).
Alors que le course s'annoncait plutot chaude avec une bagarre avec Vincent Rieux et Olivier. Mais voilà le comportement totalement incomprehensible pour moi de ces voitures m'a foutu dans le décor. Je n'ai toujours pas compris pourquoi ma M29 est parti en crabe dans l'entrée du Stadium. Meme repere de freinage, meme vitesse, j'ai pas plus reacceler que les tours d'avant. N'empeche elle m'a echappé et bang une roue en moins.
Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 8:26

after a complete horrible start and being last on the track, i had some nice laps and was able to push and go good speed and get place after place. but i pushed to hard and lost the car in the first hard braking zone after the long straight.

congratulation to all finishers and the podium. especially to carlo. alfa power rules, mate!

see you in austria at the österreichring
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 9:52

Pierre Labédan wrote:
je pense qu il n a pas compris que j avais levé pour économiser et qu il ne finira pas la course.quand il disparait de l écran je me retrouve largement seul en tête mais mon problème de conso ne s arrange pas il me manque 4 litres pour finir si je roule normalement ,obligé de lever carrément et carlo remonte je spine en essayant de résister sans tirer les rapports à fond et abime la voiture ,fin de course horrible avec volant de travers
je refait une faute en essayant de résister à carl et kimmo et finis 4 à l agonie avec 400 mètres d' autonomie
plus stupide ca n existe pas la ou d autres consomment 152l il m en faut 160,j avais 155

le suspense est maintenu pour le championnat
geek

erreur mon cher Oncle au dernier moment je me suis dit met 160 l une marge de 5 litre ca ne va pas modifier tes temps et on ne sait jamais , mais bon ma salete de connection internet en a décider autremement , j en ai pas dormi de la nuit .... :hello:
Back to top Go down
Vincent Rieux
Experienced Driver
Vincent Rieux

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 10:09

Très peu d'entrainement pour moi aussi... Départ manqué et premier tour assez cahotique : je me retrouve derrière ludo et Olivier Philips... Je me dis que c'est plutôt un bonne chose et que je vais au moins ne pas être seul sur ce long tracé. Malheureusement, ludo se sort assez vite. On se passe et repasse avec Olivier au gré de nos erreurs respectives mais il finit lui aussi par se sortir et je me retrouve donc seul pour le reste de la course Crying or Very sad . Je me dis que je vais au moins tenter de finir dans le même tour que le leader (histoire de garder une motivation) mais je multiplie les fautes... Bref, je termine à un tour, seul et sans gloire. Ca ira mieux la prochaine fois :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 10:32

quant à moi : j'ai adoré !!!!

j'ai fait une course tranquillou en essayant de géner personne !
quelques spin dû à la méconnaissance de la voiture mais rien de grave
je suis un peu comme Vincent , j'ai fini seul et ma motivation était de réduire l'écart avec lui (sans succès d'ailleurs)

en tous cas si une voiture se libère pour le reste de la saison : elle est pour moi !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 10:42

hmm...forgot to mention the great starting grid! nearly full in the last third of a season is just great. especially that even the slow cars like kausen or fittipaldi or ensign are still driven. the fairness and respect on track is just fabulous! THX to all starters and to HSO Admins, which do their job better than best!
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 11:03

Jean-louis Petillot wrote:
en tous cas si une voiture se libère pour le reste de la saison : elle est pour moi !!!

I think Stefan's Alfa should be free, coz he hadn't showed up since Zolder
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 11:15

Well it was a really fun race yesterday! Very Happy
Started from 8th, got a good start and i was 4th at T1, then i had a great battle with Kimmo's Renault, we passed each other a lot of times for about 20 laps, then i started to push harder and managed to open a good gap on him, and closing a bit on the leaders from 12 to 5s.
At half distance i spun at the chicane, luckily it was just a 360°, the gap went up to 12s again, i started closing again until Greg retired and Pierre started having fuel consumption issues.
Closed the gap on Pierre and on lap 36 i was leading, after Pierre's spin at T1.
Got a good 14s lead, so i decided to slow down a bit, taking home the win and closing to Gui and Pierre in the champ :first:

Grats Kimmo and Carl for the podium!

Really looking forward to the next race in Austria in 3 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 13:12

Carlo Pozzi wrote:

its possible my friend Gui ??? :top:
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 15:37

Abat Hernaez wrote:
I was the red piece of...car Laughing that was lapped time and time again. The Ensign isn´t a rocket on his prime, but after the first lap of the race i have had two collisions and was in boxes repairing damage (and changing the still brand new tyres, forgot about that). Quite a hectic start, with cars all over the place.

Well done with that piece of sh-t car Smile Painfully slow but it's a good learner to the dos and donts. Not knowing anything of your previous experience in this mod, I know when I first got here, I wasn't exactly slow in previous leagues i raced in. But the speed these lads can go at is just mindblowing. I need a rocket up my hiney just to keep up. Or a Renault turbo... :jp:
Anyway... Here's a friendly advice, I guess the "new driver in a red car" was you then Smile

Kimmo Kononen wrote:
Good job, everyone who got lapped. You made it very easy for us. I can't remember who it was, one of the new drivers in a red car even went off the track to let us pass. Don't do that mate. You are entitled to your piece of road as much as the faster drivers. Just keep your speed and line and they will get by you. Sometimes you can help by lifting off a little, but stay on the track please. You would hate losing the rear end on the grass, and spinning out on to the track in front of traffic, only because you tried to be helpful. Or stuffing it in the wall and ending your race. No one can ever ask you to do that.

By the way, welcome to this league of extraordinary men Smile I hope you will stay for a long while, and pass the word around. Best racing on the internet, this league.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 15:52

Carlo Pozzi wrote:

ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 16:08

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Carlo Pozzi wrote:

ok Smile

Welcome aboard JL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 16:18

Carlo Pozzi wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Carlo Pozzi wrote:

ok Smile

Welcome aboard JL Very Happy

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banane:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Hockenheim
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next