Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim

Go down 
+6
Gil Abobeleira
Ludovic Tiengou
Eric Campillo
Emmanuel Soriano
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
10 posters

What track would you prefer to race for the German round?
Nürburgring Nordschleife (used in 1983)
Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Vote_lcap37%Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Vote_rcap
 37% [ 10 ]
Hockenheim (used in 1985)
Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Vote_lcap63%Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Vote_rcap
 63% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Empty
PostSubject: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2008 - 9:46

We need a backup track for the German round as the new Nurburgring isn't available on Nascar 2003.

Choose between those, or tell us about another German track if you know one available.

Last edited by Antoine de Mautor on Wed 4 Feb 2009 - 8:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2008 - 12:31

I'd like to test Hockenheim, but anyway I don't want the Nordschleife, so I vote for Hockenheim without testing any of the tracks :D
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Soriano
Club Driver

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2008 - 14:45

I voted hockheneim.
I don't why, but the idea seems good to me with such cars.
Back to top Go down
Eric Campillo
Club Driver
Eric Campillo

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2008 - 16:33

I voted Hockhemheim
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeFri 12 Dec 2008 - 16:07

Nurburg for myself. I've already drive at that circuit in GPL and GTL so I know it. So is not the instance for Hockenheim where I never drive.
OK the ring is undoubtely more difficult than Hockenheim but it'also THE legend in racetracks. Over and above Ring is the theater of my first ever (in LFGPL) and of my last victory (in GPL-Cups) online. So it's my mascot race track
Back to top Go down
Gil Abobeleira
Club Driver
Gil Abobeleira

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008 - 15:18

I've voted for the 'Ring, as its a beautiful place to have an endurance race (and the difference between the cars can be a little bit mitigated versus the old Hockenheim).
Back to top Go down
Tiago Moreira
Rookie
Tiago Moreira

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008 - 16:05

I voted Hockenheim, because it's to hard to overtake in the Nordschleife Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Esben Tipple
Rookie
Esben Tipple

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008 - 17:23

Chickens! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 11:20

Tiago Moreira wrote:
I voted Hockenheim, because it's to hard to overtake in the Nordschleife Embarassed

Not at all. You've just have to wait for the car before you to miss one of the 122 corners of the track Smile And the Ring had the longuest straight of all racetracks ideal for overtaking
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 11:38

There were longer straights the Anteniusbuche in those day, like at Pescara or of course the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans Wink.

I voted Hockenheim for a change... GTP cars are just too wide for the Ring Smile !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Tiago Moreira
Rookie
Tiago Moreira

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 2:06

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Tiago Moreira wrote:

Not at all. You've just have to wait for the car before you to miss one of the 122 corners of the track Smile And the Ring had the longuest straight of all racetracks ideal for overtaking

True, but like Frank said, it's too narrow for these cars:) ... Anyway, any of them is fine for me, I like them both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Berkem Ceylan
Club Driver
Berkem Ceylan

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 11:40

I voted for Hochenheim in order to increase my chance of surviving the race :D I'm sure The Ring would have been fascinating though... :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009 - 16:43

Considering the large lead Hockenheim has over the Ring, it is now declared winner, and will be the track used for the 5th round of the championship Smile
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim   Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll: Nürburgring Nordschleife or Hockenheim
Page 1 of 1