Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy

Go down 
+22
Mantas Išganaitis
Martin Bayer
Jukka Närhi
Franek Godrecki
Matias Estrela
Gérard Ryon
Robin de Vos
David Purchase
Erwann Burguiere
Lari Salminen
Myfanwy Fflur
Niklas Kirsten
Mark A Warmington
Jim Carvalho
Mark Johnson
Matt Wright
Stef Hermans
Rhys Gardiner
Declan Brush
Petr Hlavac
Austin Burchfield
Darren Andrews
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jackson Robillard
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-07-17

1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 14:31

I should be here

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ryley Wyans
Rookie
Ryley Wyans

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2023-05-08

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 15:01

Officially present for at least the first race, may have to leave the Aston in the garage.

Back to top Go down
Jon Dee
Rookie
Jon Dee

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 16:15

Just back off holiday, will give the 2l race a go but will skip the 3l race

Back to top Go down
Tom Dee
Rookie
Tom Dee

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2022-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 17:16

Present

Back to top Go down
Martin Bayer
Rookie
Martin Bayer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 17:40

Unexpectedly present Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 18:32

Both kids are sick, we got very little sleep the last three nights. I'll try to be there tonight, as I love Goodwood. But there's no guarantee, honestly.

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Oct 2023 - 23:13

A fun but challenging race.
Qualifying went ok and I ended up where I expected.
I made a surprisingly good start but had no where to go. Then Matt went wide and I picked up two place out of T1.
I was unsighted by the Lancia rejoining (Rhys?) For an early 'moment' but all was good. It got past me at the end of the back straight and Lari followed it through.
I was a little worried at that point as I was having lots of micro-stutters. I don't know if that was all the spray, and trying to stream the race, but it made life a little bit scary so I had to take it a bit easy.
I then had a bit of a battle with Mat for a few laps but it was only a matter of time until he got through. I tried to stick with him for a few laps, in case he made an error I could capitalise on. But he didn't and it looked more likely that I would make a mistake. So I took it a bit more easy to make sure I stayed ahead of the other cars.
Around lap 19 my race got more exciting as Petra had a few issues. I was slowly able to close the gap but it was very difficult with the spray to be able to make a move.
He was able to put the power down out of the corners and my only chance was in the braking areas and the slow corners. The problem was I couldn't see anything in the spray and I didn't want to brake late and then run into the back of him.
At one point we did spend about half a lap very close to each other and I hoped to get past but he drove extremely well. Eventually I ran a little wide up to the hair pin, which opened the gap up again.
I then made a few mistakes trying to close up again, so had to tell myself to relax and focus. I then started to gradually close up again. At that point he had another small moment and I was able to get past.
The last lap or so was quite stressful as my gap indicator showed him as 20 seconds behind then one second behind and in the mix Rhys was coming through to lap us in another red car, so it was all a bit confusing as to who was where.
My nerves weren't helped by going off in the back straight while trying to have a drink.
On the final lap I was lapped by Rhys and Erwann and did my best just to stay well out of the way and not throw it all away, for me and them, on the last lap.
Very glad to make the finish. I did have several moments during the race but was pleased I never panicked and held the slides or let her run off and kept straight off track. So no real damage and no big offs.

The Race starts about 25 minutes into the video.
First few laps were fun. Then it got intense again around the 59 minute mark. The spray made things very tricky.
https://www.youtube.com/live/bdNUNJKVsrc?si=pqLma-PekN_JW02s

Darren Andrews and Stef Hermans like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy   1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1956 Round 2 - BARC Goodwood Trophy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2