Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans

Go down 
+34
Abigail Edwards
Sebastian Vignone
Rory MacDuff
David Purchase
Honza Mild
Filippo Marazzi
Myfanwy Fflur
Mark Johnson
John Cook
Jon Dee
Rhys Gardiner
Marek Liolias
Rob de Vries
Ragnar Loddelbrog
Martin Jaspers
Lari Salminen
Ricardo Magno
Darren Andrews
Paul Nadeau
Martin Bayer
Austin Burchfield
Nicolas Hillebrand
Isidoro Jauregui
Matt Wright
Henry L. Smith
Jim Carvalho
Niklas Kirsten
Mark A Warmington
Declan Brush
Petr Hlavac
Stef Hermans
Gérard Ryon
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 May 2023 - 20:32

Was there any change to the sound of the cars, after this last update?

I am sure the sound of my Ferrari was different. Now the engine sound is barely noticeable and the revs when downshifting were gone. I couldn't hear it... this took away a lot of the feeling during braking...

Even though I qualified well, in 7th, I didn't felt comfortable with the car. The result was soon to be seen... lost it under braking on lap 1. Very disappointing. Sad

See you next time.

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 0:28

My best result for a while, yet probably my worst race (opposite of Argentina). Far, far, far too many mistakes.
And sincere apologies to anyone who's race I may have wrecked (Seb? A 3l trying to unlap themselves through the Esses? Nico who I didn't see coming when he first lapped me, and who I got in the way of again while trying to get out of his way the second time, and anyone else).
Made an ok start but got boxed in on the left allowing a few 3ls to get by. No problem I'll get them on the straight...🤔
Got boxed in again on the straight by a few slower cars all struggling to slipstream past each other.
Saw there was an issue at Mulsanne Corner and slowed in plenty of time. Was congratulating myself on avoiding the trouble when I got dunked from behind. Damage that cost me a few mph in the straights.
Damage slowed me down a few time so that only the 1.5 and 2l were easy to pass.
After that though it was all my errors.
I had a mini battle with Ryhs who I should have been able to pass and get away from. But every time I passed him I made an error. Fair play to him, he was flying. Hopefully, I amused him and he was able to commentate on my errors as we drove "and there is Doc off again! what a terrible race he's having in the big Jag."
I was also in a mini battle with Salmi even though we didn't see much of each other.
So apart from some lapses in concentration, and also occaisionsly forgetting I have 4 gears 🙄; my biggest issue was braking.
It wasn't so much I braked too late, but more that I had no feel for easing off the brakes to make it around the corner. So I kept understeering into the sand.
I blame a lack of high speed brake feel and forgetting about 4th gear on too much time at Targa.
Oh well, I settled down in the last hour and stayed fairly error free.
And enjoyed myself despite myself (if that makes sense).
Well done to everyone who raced, those who survived, and the class podiums. And the winners of course.

Frank Verplanken, Bruno Chacon, Martin Bayer and Martin Jaspers like this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 0:36

Ricardo Magno wrote:
Was there any change to the sound of the cars, after this last update?

Not with today's update, it was just visual stuff and the new track version. But the previous update had some new sounds.

Hopefully you can adjust your in-game sound settings to get your engine sound levels back to what they were before. Let us know if you can't Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 8:12

I'm usually slow, but at least I finish races. Not this time... I went for both - qualification for Indy 500 at ISO and LeMans. Quali worked out well and I'm safely in the field. Then I had half an hour to join you in LeMans. There was a small complication due to an error and it took a while to sort it out, but then I made onle timed lap which was good enough for P4.

I realized immediately that while lap times were decent, I got the gears wrong. Everybody was faster while accelerating. I fell to P8, but soon I was back in a fight which defined the first third of the race - me and two Mercedes. My Jag was fast in straight line, but I couldn't break the tow, so we had a nice slipstreaming battle lasting into the night. Then I brushed the wall at White House, bent my right front, but the car was still drivable and the fight went on. Sadly, when we were exiting esses we touched with one Mercedes, my car even rolled over the roof (if it had any) and landed back on wheels. We both lost some time, were able to continue, but the battle was over. The rest of the race was rather lonely. Still I "managed" to hit the wall with the right front corner again and cause damage which lowered my top speed by significant amount, some 15kph. I made my last stop with 1 hour to go, made repair of body which regained most of the lost top speed and just wanted to finish the race. With 30 minutes on the clock I moved to P3 and was looking forward to an exciting finish, as the red car exited pits just 2s behind me. But it lasted only for half a lap, as I screwed my braking into Mulsane Corner while passing a slower car. Broken left front wheel and that was it.

There was another unexpected complication - my four years old son fell asleep on our way back from a family trip at 3pm and woke up at 8, full of energy. Also, my headphones stopped working, so I had to run with speakers and chat with him all the time. Talk about his drawings of "sea monsters", sing songs, tell fairy tales. He even accidentally spilled orange juice all around my cockpit, so I had to wipe that mess with one hand while storming down the Mulsane straight at 260kph. Who has ever done that? :D

To sum it up - I did qualify for Indy, had a nice battle at LeMans, enjoyed the night stint and had a lot of fun which I'm grateful for. I just made one mistake too many. Nevermind, let's move on.

Congratulations to all finishers

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 8 May 2023 - 15:55; edited 2 times in total

Frank Verplanken, Filippo Marazzi, Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, Erwann Burguiere, Martin Bayer, Martin Jaspers and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 12:30

Similar to Petr, I managed to qualify my car for Indy500 and went to qualifying at Le Mans with the same track and mod update problem that made me lose a lot of time, being able to do only 1 timed lap.
I made an excellent start jumping from 11th place to 9th place but that joy only lasted until Mulsanne, when I got involved in an accident that had already happened there.
It took forever to drag myself at low speed to the pit and another 310 seconds of repairs.
It was very frustrating to see the whole grid put me a lap ahead while I was screaming at myself for being involved in such a silly accident.
I returned to the track with the knife in my teeth and trying to go fast without making any mistakes.
And when night came, even though I hated racing at night, my lap times improved with each pass and I didn't make any mistakes.
By daybreak, with about 10 laps to go in the race, I was on the same lap as David Purchase and had just passed Lari when my nightmare started.
My computer's water cooler seems to have had problems with the water pump bearing and the computer started making a very loud hissing noise and the frame rates started to change intermittently.
There were moments when I had only 25 frames and this started to cause problems for me, as the simulator went from normal speed to slow motion alternating all the time and I threw myself into the wall of Maison Blanche 2 times, tearing my front right wheel off.
Again there I was driving a car with 3 wheels slowly to the pit and another infinity of time to fix the damage and when I lost the wheel for the second time, with 8 minutes left to finish the race, I decided to continue without stopping in the pit and I lost all the chances that had.
I was happy to finish 6th in my class and score the first point for the works factory Ferrari.
Now it's time to buy a new water cooler for the next races.
Congratulations to Nicolas for his brilliant victory and to everyone who managed to finish the race.

Petr Hlavac, Filippo Marazzi, Darren Andrews and Martin Jaspers like this post

Back to top Go down
Stef Hermans
Rookie

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2023-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 18:36

I dont't have to much to say about the race myself.
I was lucky enough to see the post about the new version of the mod beeing used for the Race and updated to that version beforehand(the mod update may have been announced a bit earlier imo but thats beside the point)
Had fun in qualy with a lot of people and was finaly able to see what 60kph+ speed difference is on the mulsanne straight.
Race started meh with me missing my brakepoint into the esses and hitting the wall and getting steering damage.
After a "quick" pitstop started the real drive and starting to focus on finishing , and i can't believe i'm saying this, but beeing lapped all the time is a great way to stay focused.
Had a clean race in general, i think i was not to much of an obstacle for the fast cars(tell me if i was wrong) and i finished, which was my main goal to begin with.
Realy happy with the weekend and i hope to see you all in 3 weeks at oulton park.

Frank Verplanken, Bruno Chacon and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 19:37

Stef Hermans wrote:
(the mod update may have been announced a bit earlier imo but thats beside the point)

That's on me. Woochoo and Jukka did a great job delivering their updates for the circuit and cars, respectively, in time. I was not available to install it on the server before Sunday morning, sorry.

Stef Hermans likes this post

Back to top Go down
Erwann Burguiere
Rookie
Erwann Burguiere

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2022-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 May 2023 - 9:52

Great battle with you and Rory, Petr ! Sorry it had to end like this, I guess I kinda was the one to put pressure on both of you and forced the issue, but battling into the night with steering damage was always gonna be really tough. Would have liked for you to pick up some points at least, you deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 11:49

Just one information:
The race was not counted in the JustRace statistical information.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 May 2023 - 6:18

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Just one information:
The race was not counted in the JustRace statistical information.

No idea why that is, sorry. I'll try and look into it but no promises ^^
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 May 2023 - 6:20

For those who would have missed it for not being on the HSO Discord, here is the third installment of the incredibly beautiful race recap videos put together by our awesome team of volunteers. A full 28-minute review, all in period video and commentary style.  rhâââ lovely

Ricardo Magno, Filippo Marazzi and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans   1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1954 Round 3 - 24 Heures du Mans
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3