Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy

Go down 
+33
Petr Hlavac
Niklas Kirsten
jean philippe legrand
Matias Estrela
David Purchase
Ricardo Magno
John Cook
Matt Wright
Paul Nadeau
Ronald Toolooze
Jon Dee
Mark A Warmington
Nicolas Hillebrand
Alex Mirkovic
Tom Dee
GĂ©rard Ryon
Isidoro Jauregui
Filippo Marazzi
Pascal Mikula
Mark Johnson
Rhys Gardiner
Austin Burchfield
Marek Liolias
Erwann Burguiere
Declan Brush
Karel Marciniszyn
Bruno Chacon
Martin Jaspers
Rob de Vries
Honza Mild
Martin Bayer
Darren Andrews
Frank Verplanken
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2023 - 0:20

Mark Johnson wrote:
I understand the #59 Porsche I was going to drive this weekend is now gone because it's been taken for the season. Is there anything left I can drive please?

We can make an exception as this is for one race only, and you and Krzysztof can both race it at Crystal Palace. If Jim or Nina have not confirmed their presence by race day, you can switch to their Porsche so that we dont' have two #59 cars running. But at any rate you shouldn't be penalized Wink

Mark Johnson and Krzysztof Babij like this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2023 - 0:22

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
I did not have any issue in the frist race but now when I try it again aI also has slideshow...i7, 32GB RAM, RTX3060...all in DELL G15...so I guess that the issue is not in HW...it run well, now it run bad no matter the graphic settings

That is weird indeed, you have a much better configuration than me and I don't have any problems at all... I guess there must be some kind of compatibility issue between your config and the track Question
Back to top Go down
Lari Salminen
Rookie
Lari Salminen

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 6:22

Absent. See you at Monaco.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 13:13

I have relaunched the training server after a bit of maintenance. It will shut down automatically at 19:45, with the race server being launched a few minutes later.

There are 32 confirmed drivers for tonight's event with probably a few others that have not confirmed but will participate.
The server on this track can only accomodate 30, which might be inconvenient for some during the 45-minute practice session from 20:00 to 20:45 as they might not be able to join due to the 30 driver limit being reached.

In the event of the 30-car limit being reached during this practice session, we will restrict the last 10 minutes of the session to 1500cc cars, to make sure those participating in the first race get a proper shakedown.

After each race is completed, we will mention it both on the forum and on the Discord, to make sure those eligible for the next race can join in time. The server will loop automatically from a race to another, with just a couple of minutes interval between the completion of a race to the launch of the qualifying session of the next one.

Please try to join the server swiftly when the announcement is made, as we don't want to lose too much time between races waiting for people and have the last race start too late. Thank you !

:hello:

Bruno Chacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 14:13

Sorry to pull out this late but i haven't gotten to do any practice at all and I'm not feeling to well either.

Have fun everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Sebastian Vignone
Rookie
Sebastian Vignone

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 15:33

I'll be there with #22, in the 2000 class only.

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Martin Jaspers
Rookie
Martin Jaspers

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 15:59

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Sorry to pull out this late but i haven't gotten to do any practice at all and I'm not feeling to well either.

Have fun everyone!

Sorry to hear, Pascal.
I hope you get well soon.

Pascal Mikula likes this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 19:55

Race server is a go go go :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 21:14

3000cc race server is online.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 21:21

I am very sorry but I will have to skip this one.

My PC has been like this for quite some time, running constantly with CPU temps at 100Âş.
I have managed to race in the past couple of months, but today I have frequent freezes and definitely I have to solve the issue.

I believe I have found it. A malfunctioning AIO cooler... Mad

I just ordered a new one, together with thermal paste.
My machine will be at the shop during the next few days...

Have a great time tonight and see you in the next event! :top:

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 21:44

OK sorry to hear that Ricardo Sad

2000cc race server is online Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2023 - 22:21

+3,000cc server is up :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2023 - 0:38

You can find the official race results and the updated championship standings in the dedicated thread.

Thanks to all for a nice evening of racing ! I'm not a sprint fan generally speaking, but that was as entertaining to race as it was to watch.

A couple of reminders :

Alex - no chatting during qualifying or race sessions please. If you want to apologize like you did during the 2000 race please use the chat whisper (/w + target driver name). Thanks Wink

Marek - if you have to retire from the race please remove your car from the track. In the 2000 race you spent the last two laps stranded on the track. If that was because of a technical issue, just ignore this notice :D.

The race thread for Monaco will be up tomorrow, as will the prequalifying server (around 14:00 CET I think).

:frank:

Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2023 - 1:15

7th place in the 2 races.
2 shots on the post and the ball did not go in.
Both races without errors, the riders in front of me were much faster, I couldn't go further than I did.

Frank Verplanken and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2023 - 8:34

When I fisrt enter the server few days after last race I had low fps no matter the settings. rF2 again show its consistency :D (don´t get me wrong, I still love it)...so it takes a week before I was able to solve the issues (btw. in the mean time I even order new PC...don´t ask for how much fu**ing money pale ) by just changing the configuration from full screen to borderless. Then I did first few laps to find out that I am not able to stay on track for more than two turns lol!
Than comes the team boss and bring a setup that helped me to stay on track for three turns. Finaly after some lapping I was able to get some consistency at least in crashing.
Based on this experience I start hopeing for some points (because I did not realize that there will be much more cars in each class than in GP :doh: ). Another big news for me was the fact that I can also run in 3000 class. So all in all, race of surprises.
3000 class race I attend just to try to finish as I was not confident with the car at all. After 4 or 5 laps, my brake peddal became loose, so I lost the whole feeling for braking. Lap by lap I am trying to gain some confidence but in the end crashed a little bit, fortunately I was able to finish the race.
3000 class is the one I am focusing on, so based on practise I hope for some consistent lapping. I somehow find a way how to cope with the brake peddal, but still it was far from confindence and with no option for any risks. Kind of luck (especialy in situations when someone crashed in front of me) I was able to get 1 point and I appreciate this point much more that the two in previous race (as there I was few laps behind after huge crash).

all in all, thanks Frank again for organising this nice championship, I really looking forward to next races...but I am terribly affraid of prequalify :D

Frank Verplanken, Honza Mild, Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, Erwann Burguiere and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Erwann Burguiere
Rookie
Erwann Burguiere

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2022-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2023 - 20:11

Amazing job putting the little Czech Gordini in 6th Karel ! It was a tough field !

Karel Marciniszyn, Honza Mild and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Marek Liolias
Rookie
Marek Liolias

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2023 - 22:52

Frank Verplanken wrote:
You can find the official race results and the updated championship standings in the dedicated thread.

Thanks to all for a nice evening of racing ! I'm not a sprint fan generally speaking, but that was as entertaining to race as it was to watch.

A couple of reminders :

Alex - no chatting during qualifying or race sessions please. If you want to apologize like you did during the 2000 race please use the chat whisper (/w + target driver name). Thanks ;)

Marek - if you have to retire from the race please remove your car from the track. In the 2000 race you spent the last two laps stranded on the track. If that was because of a technical issue, just ignore this notice :D.

The race thread for Monaco will be up tomorrow, as will the prequalifying server (around 14:00 CET I think).

:frank:
Hi, well, honestly I was just waiting for cars to pass me by :) and then safely returning to the track, I did not realize it took too much time, simply I wanted to race , but gaps between the drivers were pretty short.
My apologies, next time I ll be handling my car better on track :)

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2023 - 1:44

Marek Liolias wrote:
Hi, well, honestly I was just waiting for cars to pass me by Smile and then safely returning to the track, I did not realize it took too much time, simply I wanted to race , but gaps between the drivers were pretty short.
My apologies, next time I ll be handling my car better on track Smile

No worries mate, I just thought I'd mention it in case it was because you had forgotten to press "esc" or something Wink. Didn't cause any problem for others as far as I know so it's all good :top:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2023 - 9:52

My practice was very weak for this race. I made some kind of "setup" for 2.0 l car, and forgot practicing 2.5L. Abosulte diseaster for me, i was slow, unsteady and made many mistakes...I am ashamed but happy that Karel was at the points. Next time i will be more conscientious...but wait...there is prequali... :hum: Laughing

Thank you HSO and Frank for this great racing!!! See you at the next race. :hello:

Bruno Chacon and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: My head wasn't in the right place for this race :)   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2023 - 18:37

Very quiet race for me. Made a good start but no safe place to go so settled into position.
Car felt ok. No significant driving issues. But technical issue with my VR headset.
My virtual driver head position kept changing. One second normal, then randomly crouched over the steering wheel looking slightly down then way back in the cockpit but slightly high. Then at a 25 degree angle looking right. Then normal. A bit nauseating.🤢
I'd hoped to keep up with the two cars ahead but couldn't commit to braking and turn in points while my virtual head kept jumping about. So I decided to settle into a cautious pace.
Luckily for me, no pressure from behind and three people ahead of me had issues. Two had contact just ahead but there was plenty of room for me to pass. So I inherited a lucky and lonely 5th place.
Apparently clearing my headset's environmental cache may fix the issue.

Back to top Go down
Martin Bayer
Rookie
Martin Bayer

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2023 - 9:36

For posterity and those who are not on Discord, here's my video recap:

Frank Verplanken and Jim Carvalho like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy   1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1953 Round 2 - Whit Monday International Trophy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3