Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]

Go down 
+20
Jan Titz
Steve Parker
Adam Hackman
Honza Mild
Andre Cunha
Filippo Marazzi
Gio Nuvoli
Timo Vermeersch
Stig Bidstrup
Karel Marciniszyn
Dan Faas
Vadim Taciak
Christian Dauger
Paul Velasco
Jim Carvalho
Mike Becnel
François Violet
Michal Janak
Frank Waschke
Frank Verplanken
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 14:37

Pas de soucis François Wink. C'était plus une question de mauvais timing qu'autre chose. Je suis rouillé aussi, pas roulé depuis longtemps et j'ai toujours fait de la merde dans le traffic de toutes façons :D.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 15:13

No broadcast? Was looking forward to see those cars on track, seems they look good  Smile

Quote :
So often on rF2 it seems all the cars of a given mod have the same basic physics with just specs (weight and engine mostly) altering the handling of the cars. 

It is not just that it SEEMS, it is what they actually are. Good physics guys are not easy to come by  Neutral

Quote :
Michal on half tanks ran away

Did that actually happen in 1967? I mean, did they really play strategy with lighter fuel loads and such? I thought they basically started on full tanks and used same tires all race scratch 

But then again, I'm quite ignorant on those historic details  :hum:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 15:45

Yes I wanted to mention that as well. Strategy shouldn't be an option, and the mod would need to be edited in that respect. And anyway the Ferrari in the mod only has a 150-litre fuel tank which is clearly wrong. You indeed started on full tanks back then. For one thing pitstop crews in Europe were nowhere near as efficient as American ones (except maybe the top Endurance guys), and also circuits were also generally not as well equipped in the pit area. Only when supercharged cars with high fuel consumption ran (up to 1951) was there any kind of strategy regarding fuel in GP racing. In 1967 you only made a pitstop if you had to, and those were often long and chaotic.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 15:51

Ah OK   Smile

Fortunately I think that will just be some numbers in the text files to fix tank capacity and fuel use and/or pit crew time to change tires etc.  :top:
Back to top Go down
Gio Nuvoli
Rookie
Gio Nuvoli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2020-01-26

PostSubject: Race comments   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 16:18

This is my third or so race of this kind (historical laps number, real damages and so on). I must admit racing like this is very funny and interesting.
I pressed Andre for long time but no way to close for an overtake, the Brabby is not so fast anyway a great battle at distance, a pity he stuck with hardware problem, after that was behind Velasco and another no way to join.
After all a 5th.
Aiming for consistency is one of my goal and I got more or less what I want.
Thx you all, see you next event.

Edit: by the way i covered 65 laps with 132 liters and have 4/5 more laps available.
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 17:50

Andre Cunha wrote:
Matthias Weber wrote:

Sorry @ Sōichirō Honda for that embarrassing race

KKKKK.

Sorry for Yannick, not sure what happened at your side, was afraid you hadnt seen me besides you, and that looks like the case.

yes I do not understand why you tried to pass here,  Shocked
much too dangerous, especially at the start of the race, damn race. Evil or Very Mad  Crying or Very sad
hoping better next time.  :conduit:
sorry for my English.
Back to top Go down
Andre Cunha
Club Driver
Andre Cunha

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 19:56

Yannick Lampure wrote:

yes I do not understand why you tried to pass here,  Shocked
much too dangerous, especially at the start of the race, damn race. Evil or Very Mad  Crying or Very sad

Agreed, the danger permeated the life of those crazy brave men.
Have you seen the replay? After Parabolica I was faster, and felt like I had a small lead. If we both had kept the inside and outside lines things would have been ok. As I said, really sorry u got the shortest straw.

As you can see in the 67 footage, people used to dice from Ascari to Curva Grande, and even beyond. Actually Im happy to notive that Black Jack overshoot the Parabolica to be overtaken by Surtees at the last lap, made me feel not so bad for the countless times it happened to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdeK1YzUj30
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020 - 23:32

Was an interesting race,do i start with half a tank or start with full tank and fuel save,decided to go with full tank and short shift and coast alot to make the fuel last,the plan worked as pitstop took along time. This allowed me to jump my team mate and get into 2nd,at end of race I had 0.3 of a ltr left so only just made it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]   Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia [rF2 | February 23]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7