Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]

Go down 
+28
Dave Miller
Jan Kowalski
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Gabriel Legnini
John Thim
David Jaques
Thiago Canola
Richard Coxon
Richard Wilks
Brian Janik
Bruno Chacon
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Jason Fitch
Austin Johnson
Jason Whited
Jason White
David Sabre
Martin Lacina
Alberto Ibañez
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 20:56

Sorry Jan you started to brake by 100+ meter earlier than normal so i did'n expect that because i didn't see the lapped car ahead. It was very confused situation.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 21:08

No idea how Raul managed to crash in the middle of the front straight while driving alone  scratch I guess he was fiddling with the HUD preparing pitstop or such and got distracted. Either way, his car bounced right an then unpredictably came back so my choice of going left meant I crashed into him and my car was destroyed. 

Some laps ago i also suffered from that HUD fiddling distraction and slightly bruised the wall, which is why I was moving a lot under brakes. Was hoping for repairs in my first pit stop but alas, I did not reach it. 

Well, on to Indy where I should be competitive again hopefully.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 21:59

driving down the front straight, car seems to have down shifted on its own while full throttle, motor didn't like that. i wish i knew what to do, these phantom shifts are killing me. was a fun race while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:15

Managed to gain a second or so in Q, so I was glad for that, was still over a minute, so I wasn't really happy about it. Decided I'd take the high road and NOT ask for a setup from someone, plus my set was stable as it was. Race went green and realized, as usual, I was faster than most of the guys around me, but I was making a real concerted effort to not let the Red Mist settle over me, after all, 2 finishes in a row, I had a streak building.

Went Green and the carnage happened before I expected it to, the 1 lap caution was...weird. Went green again, got around Mick before the Front straight and tried to take off, only to be punted by Francois at the right hander before the Back stretch. No real damage and I continued. Went back green and had a fun time running down Michael Griffiths, passed him once on the back stretch and managed to hook the right sides in the grass at the braking point for the back chicane and had a nice jaunt through the grass, luckily I only lost one spot. Managed to run Michael back down and sealed the deal this time, and then 3 or 4 laps later I missed my braking point for the first chicane by like 4 inches and locked up, I let off the pedal but they stayed locked and I bounced over the inside curbing and into the wall at the outside exit of the chicane and my day was over. Was fun while it lasted.

Off to Indy and hopefully an end to my terrible luck at my Home Race.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:20

My report comes later. But for now - I'm so sorry, Brian. I did brake earlier than usual, but it obviously wasn't soon enough pale
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:39

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
No idea how Raul managed to crash in the middle of the front straight while driving alone  scratch I guess he was fiddling with the HUD preparing pitstop or such and got distracted. Either way, his car bounced right an then unpredictably came back so my choice of going left meant I crashed into him and my car was destroyed. 

There are no words I can describe how sorry I am Alberto..
I was so pissed I just moved away from the PC..

Yes, I was distracted by my wifes call, just a milisecond look aside, I dont know how that happend, I suppose I was to close to the wall...
how pitty, I love this track, this cars are fantasy, and the whole race was going very well for me..

Unfortunately, my life situation right now is making a kind of preassure and this tonight was the result of such thing.. well, I hope it will be better soon..

My appologies again...
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:44

Regarding the start, when the green flag went I had a good launch. Looked behind for a split second and could have sworn I saw Austin, unfortunately not so I drifted gently to my left and tangled wheels. I’m very sorry for anyone it may of collected or impeded in anyway at all and especially towards Austin.

Well Done Thiago.

Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 22:57

Martin Lacina wrote:
Sorry Jan you started to brake by 100+ meter earlier than normal so i did'n expect that because i didn't see the lapped car ahead. It was very confused situation.

you had a clear view of the cars in front on the straight (500m) to be aware of cars racing close together. I was battleling with Jundt on the left and went back to the racing line early enough. As it were 3 cars around myself I was aware of being able to brake in time not to run into somebody. I did not hit suddently hit brakes very hard, just lifted off throttle and brake carefully not to hit Jundt, Wilks, or the lapped car and leaving a margin of space if any unexpected would have happend in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:01

I had connection issues during qualifying. I got disconnected three times after not more than 30 seconds after going off the pits. I upgraded Win10, rebooted the modem and PC and prayed. It did work, thankfully. I could do better than 9th in quali, but I wasn't able to pull out a good lap. Anyway, it was a decent spot to start the race.

I found myself on 3rd after the first two yellows, but soon fell to 5th. The reason was obviously my level of downforce. I had more than anybody else. I had a nice battle with Brian Janik. At one point we had a little contact. I thought that the pass wasn't 100% clean, so I let him get his position back. I didn't want him to remember me as an asshole. Well, I had no idea that later I'll give him a proper reason to think exactly that about me pale The race went on well. No yellows, just good old racing. I was still on the lead lap, completed my last pit stop and everything was fine. Then the last yellow came. After the restart, I found myself behind Brian again. As we were approaching the last chicane, there were some backmarkers ahead and I simply didn't brake soon enough. I hit Brian and knocked off his rear wing. I'm so sorry, I should have predicted it :doh: At least I'm glad that you managed to finish the race...

The last stage of the race was a lot of fun thanks to the fight with Ray. The pass around the outside was pretty cool. P5 is a good result. However, it's overshadowed by that collision with Brian, which takes all the pleasure away Rolling Eyes

Also, I have to admit I was wrong with those track limits. I predicted many penalties, but none was given. Not a single one, if I'm aware. Richard & Richard, please accept my apology Embarassed

I hope we'll meet at the crown jewel of the season - The Indy 500.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:10

Its alright Petr, the game is more clever than we all think, and adapts to the situations very well.

Still, that gesture of yours, shows a bigger man :drink: Was a good battle there for a few laps!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:20

No problem at all Petr. I echo Richards words too, a very noble gesture :chinois:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:42

That was a tough race around this tricky narrow track.

I couldn't find the speed in qualifying and in the race I was hoping to go a bit faster.

I apologise to Jason (White) for the dive bomb overtake, I got a run out the first chicane and thought about overtaking you and the next thing I had gone up the inside Embarassed , I thank you for seeing it and giving me room :top: .

After that a steady race to finish 9th, I got a drive through for pitting on the lead lap under yellow when I was a lap down, I tried to take the drive through when we went to green but apparently that is not allowed and I had to do another drive through. :doh:

Congrats to all finishers. Thanks for the video coverage I will go and watch it now.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 0:37

Visibly my car had no straight speed, I only had consistency in the race and avoided making mistakes and did not commit them. I spent a lot of the race chased Gerard Ryon and at times I even thought I could reach him, but there was always a faster car to put me back to advantage and all I did not want was to get involved in accidents and to hurt the race of the others. For me it was a great race, always struggling with the temperature of the Porsche engine that even with the radiator all open and the 11500 rpm turn limiter insisted on overheating all the time.
Congratulations Thiago Canola for the brilliant victory.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:24

For anyone wanting to catch up on the hectic but brilliant race that took place last night, it can be watched here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_js26x5n0

I hope you all enjoy the broadcast and sorry for the blunder early on and thank you to Dave for stepping up as color commentator once again and Jason for providing graphics and videos :drink:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 8:57

The track is really narrow and maybe a tad small for these powerful cars, so extreme caution is needed. The first chicane, no wonder they reconfigured it, as it was in 88 the tragedy was always lurking around.

@Raul: Hope your real life stabilizes soon, I know what it is to go through stressful times and still suffer it. This our hobby makes it easier to bear the burden as we can always come here for the fun and sharing our passion with friends Smile

But, don't do that to me at Indy or I will go to Rijeka specifically to kill you  Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 811692321

Last edited by Alberto Ibañez on Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 9:16

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Spain10

:D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 9:28

Juha Bos wrote:

:D
Very fitting for two reasons, Alberto being Spanish and Richard C's avatar :hihi:

To be noted, the Inquisition always gave 30 Days notice so you had time to prepare your defence :papy: What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 9:44

Actually the Inquisitor's robes were black and white, not red. The confusion comes apparently from a Cardinal who was also General Inquisitor.

Footnote: In a single week in St. Bartholomew, more people were killed than in 300 years of inquisition in the spanish empire. Rolling Eyes

Not that it will save Raul if he ruins my Indy race anyway  :D
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 10:08

The results table Smile The unofficial cups tables has been updated as well.
Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 MDaN
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 10:46

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
The results table Smile The unofficial cups tables has been updated as well.

There is no stopping the magnificent reign of King Richard.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:14

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
There is no stopping the magnificent reign of King Richard.

I like the sound of that :drink:

A new avatar may be necessary :rigol:

My race,

Chaos at the start in front of me. Took the lead, then the yellow came out, said catch the pace car or something similar, then I spun, still said the same message hence me passing people, luckily it corrected itself and I received no penalties for being in the wrong place (Sorry if I caused confusion)

First stint I had fantastic pace, could pull away from Jaques and match Thiago, but all other stings the car had understeer so I lost pace :smil20: I wonder too if Jaques or Thiago made changes at the pit stops as the straight line speed advantage I had was gone after the first round of stopped.

After Jaques retired (Sorry mate) I decided to take it easy and just bring it home, I knew David Jundt was closing but I wasn't too concerned if he passed me, I knew I'd still extend my championship lead. Thought I'd kept 2nd but a slight mistake on the exit of the final turn cost me the place, but as I say, I'm not too worried.
I came into Portland with a 1 point lead, I'm leaving with a 13. So I'm more than pleased :top:

Congrats to Thiago :champ:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:20

Richard Coxon wrote:
A new avatar may be necessary :rigol:

Something like this?

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Richard-iii-earliest-surviving-portrait
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:33

This guy looks cooler lol!

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Th10

He's not afraid of Alberto's Inquisition :yaa:
His Lionheart will see him through Razz
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:38

Richard the Lionheart was my favourite ally back in Stronghold Crusader :yaa:

Anyway, Richard Coxon the Lionheart, I like that idea :top: :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:49

Yeah considering how Richard III ended, you better get a different hero Laughing

Maybe King Richard Petty would be more fitting for motorsports?  :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]    Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]   - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 [Apr 14th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next