Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+22
Timo Vermeersch
David Jaques
Filippo Marazzi
François Remmen
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Pascal Mikula
Lukáš Vydra
Carl Larrad
Jukka Närhi
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 21:04

thanks for the information :hello:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2019 - 10:56

Hi, can somebody restart the server please? I just joined and it was 2 minutes left until the end of practice and I am unable to restart by voting when I am alone there.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019 - 11:34

We are checking how to set it up so that a single player can restart if he is alone.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2019 - 12:44

Could this help?
The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 XHQS
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2019 - 12:46

It's we think the PLR file in the server, Richard is working on it. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2019 - 12:53

Should be fixed now if you want to go on and check  :top:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2019 - 12:56

It works. Thanks a lot :banane:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2019 - 23:19

These cars are great. Its going to be an interesting race that's for sure. I did notice that if you run grill tape the car starts to overheat and emits a cloud of smoke normal but I did some tests and it is possible to run the whole race smoking like a freight train not sure if you want 28 cars blowing coal the whole race lol.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 2:15

Who gets caught smoking for more than two laps gets a black flag, how about that :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 11:23

Richard Wilks wrote:
Who gets caught smoking for more than two laps gets a black flag, how about that :hihi:
Damn it! affraid
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 12:21

Richard Wilks wrote:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 12:43

There will be race control instructions on that regard yes, anyone smoking during the race will be black flagged to the pits to solve that (You can adjust tape during pit stops) as he would have been in a real life race (Nice realism touch, eh?) and if the smoking persists after returning to track, he will be black flagged again and retired from the race. 

Smoke is a visibility hazard we don't really need in the races  Arrow
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 15:46

It would seem that changing tires doesn't work on the server.

I flatspotted and went into the pits to change tires but remained on the same tires?

Is that how it's intended to be?
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 15:56

Is there a known safe setting for the grille tape?
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 16:04

Jan Kowalski wrote:

0 grille tape seems to be ok.
Though, if you run deep into the gears and over rev the car, it still wants to over heat.

Short shift a bit and it won't heat as much. Just have to keep an eye on it, not be so hard on the car sometimes. At least, that's what I've been trying to do.

Any grille tape, and especially if I'm pushing the car, and she gets hot pretty quick The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 811692321
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 16:29

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

I flatspotted and went into the pits to change tires but remained on the same tires?

Did you back out and go to the garage and change tires or just stop in the bay? If it’s in the bay then I wouldn’t worry as I doubt pitstops will play a factor.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 16:32

The mod as the real life car was initially intended for a 8750 rpm limit. The both the mod and real life allowed it to go up to 9000 - but that will reflect on temps and engine life. It also did in real cars.  :D 

Side note: At race 1 Zolder 1979 one private driver was amazed to see a round thing shooting past and missing his windscreen by inches. It was the flywheel of one of the factory cars, the F1 drivers smashed the cars so hard the parts literally flew off  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 17:37

Richard Coxon wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

Did you back out and go to the garage and change tires or just stop in the bay? If it’s in the bay then I wouldn’t worry as I doubt pitstops will play a factor.
It was in the bay.

I had a small spin and flatspotted so decided to try to see if you could change tires in the pits (normal pit-stop) and it didn't change the tires (meaning flatspots will be a killer, bad for me for the time being...)
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:06

Jason Whited wrote:
Jan Kowalski wrote:

0 grille tape seems to be ok.
Though, if you run deep into the gears and over rev the car, it still wants to over heat.

Short shift a bit and it won't heat as much.  Just have to keep an eye on it, not be so hard on the car sometimes.  At least, that's what I've been trying to do.

Any grille tape, and especially if I'm pushing the car, and she gets hot pretty quick The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 811692321

This is true I ran zero tape and it still overheats. Only right at the ends of the straights.

So what is the rule? If you smoking for 1 full lap you get a Black flag?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:11

Quote :
The mod as the real life car was initially intended for a 8750 rpm limit. The both the mod and real life allowed it to go up to 9000 - but that will reflect on temps and engine life. It also did in real cars.

Make sure you stick to this limit, it should help.

The limit is 2 laps of constant smoking, we will pull you off track then.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
Quote :
The mod as the real life car was initially intended for a 8750 rpm limit. The both the mod and real life allowed it to go up to 9000 - but that will reflect on temps and engine life. It also did in real cars.

Make sure you stick to this limit, it should help.

The limit is 2 laps of constant smoking, we will pull you off track then.

Perfect thank you :chinois: :top:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2019 - 9:27

Not sure where to write it so I try it there ...

Is there any way how to turn smoke visible in the mirrors? I mean, when I lock-up, I can't see that in the mirrors. I can see smoke from others' cars there, but not my own.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2019 - 15:24

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
Not sure where to write it so I try it there ...

Is there any way how to turn smoke visible in the mirrors? I mean, when I lock-up, I can't see that in the mirrors. I can see smoke from others' cars there, but not my own.

Pretty sure its part of your general graphics settings. Not sure though, but try turning up "Opponent Detail" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2019 - 15:38

Quote :
This is true I ran zero tape and it still overheats. Only right at the ends of the straights. 

You must have been using a shorter gear ratio. I was on the highest one and never got overheat, not even in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Monaco Track   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 15:16

The Monaco folder structure is borked?

As it is, one is going to be left with a pile of TGAs and DDS files in the root Locations folder (they should be in the Monaco folder ideally, if they are necessary for the track).  

As it stands those TGAs and DDS files are going to appear in any track that references the same files.....  eg RACEGROOVE.tga    

If, for instance, this Monaco FIRE.DDS is different to the standard one it will change *every* instance of the use of FIRE.DDS.   And if another track that is distributed does the same, it will overwrite the files again, and change the look of this Monaco racegroove, fire, etc (along with every other track).

Plus, it's messy.   Wink

For instance, the RACEGROOVE.tga should be in the folder Locations\F1_1991\04_Monaco...........not "Locations" (which is where it is placed using the download on the event page).

I suggest folk grab all the DDS and TGA files which the current download installs into the root Locations folder and move them into the Automobilista\GameData\Locations\F1_1991\04_Monaco folder.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4