Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hello from New Zealand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin van der Loeff
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-06-27

hello from New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: hello from New Zealand   hello from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2020 - 4:59

Hi all.    I am a slow and steady sim-racer, starting way back in 1990s off-line with SCGT and a cheap plastic wheel, then on-line with GPL and a MS Sidewinder, then rF1 and a G25.   Have done some league admin with KiwiSimRacing, highlight was three good seasons with rF1 HistoriX mod, 20-30 car fields.    Haven't done much on-line in the last 5 years, but still get the wheel out for some off-line rF1 HistorX.

Haven't done much rF2 as I prefer historics and local rF2 leagues normally race modern GTs / Sports.

(edit - I asked about mod links but have found the 1954 woohoo mod, I hadn't noticed this in the workshop before)

Your time zone is OK for me to race an occasional Monday morning, on a "work from home" day.    Not sure about lag, but I will be at the back so only a problem when I am being lapped. ;-)

In real life I don't do motorsports, but have a couple of old Vespa scooters and help organise a 4 day 1000 mile touring event for classic geared scooters motoretta.co.nz.   There is a similar event happening in France at this moment - facebook "Rallye des 3 Massifs - Grenoble".
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: hello from New Zealand   hello from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2020 - 11:20

Unfortunately this league has no activity right now and the last races since march have been all cancelled or not even attempted. It seems that real life has taken a big toll on the admins that currently run this after we (The team now at ISO) moved to our new place, as they have been absent for two months already :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Martin van der Loeff
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-06-27

PostSubject: Re: hello from New Zealand   hello from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2020 - 11:27

Am sorry to hear that - I assumed cancelled races were perhaps related to Covid issues? I will investigate ISO.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: hello from New Zealand   hello from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2020 - 11:57

I guess so yes, Covid has hit hard many people and one of the admins here has a job related to health care I believe. 

Regarding ISO, we are an AMS based league, also dedicated to historic stuff and creating our own contents/mods. It started as a side project of HSO but became fully autonomous to focus on AMS while HSO moved to rF2, so we are complementary so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from New Zealand   hello from New Zealand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from New Zealand
Page 1 of 1