Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers

Go down 
+23
Brian Janik
Oyvind Andersen
Jacob Fredriksson
Filippo Marazzi
Konstantin Zubov
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Lee Gibson
Grant Riddall
Bruno Chacon
Raymond Riddall
Dave Miller
Thiago Canola
Yves Plaçais
Matthias Weber
Mick Chapman
Steve Parker
Raul Jereb
John Thim
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
Pascal Mikula
Jonatan Acerclinth
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 13:23

Cezariusz Czlapinski wrote:
So I'd like to drive Oyvind's #47 Alfa-Romeo GTV6.

She's yours. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 13:48

Thank you cheers
:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 22:42

Back to top Go down
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 23:34

Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Lee Gibson
Rookie
Lee Gibson

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 23:47

:top: :top: :top:
Back to top Go down
Konstantin Zubov
Rookie
Konstantin Zubov

Registration date : 2015-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 14:45

Cancel.

2.4 ALFA-Romeo GTV6 № 45 - now free
Back to top Go down
Dimitris Giannopoulos
Rookie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 14:51

May I take the #45 Alfa Romeo GTV6 then? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 15:13

Dimitris Giannopoulos wrote:
May I take the #45 Alfa Romeo GTV6 then? Smile
Welcome to HSO Dimitris, great to see that you want to join us.

The #45 Alfa is yours for this event :top:

If you'd like it for the full season you'll have to ask for it in the Sign-Up thread after it has been made available there.
Back to top Go down
Dimitris Giannopoulos
Rookie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 16:42

Thanks very much Jonatan Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 17:02

Broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-MmPj5Abc

I hope you all will enjoy this evenings race and have a lot of fun :drink:
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 19:19

Good luck, drive it nicely, I'll have it without damage in two weeks :champ: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 20:27

Unless the owners of the

#8 Jaguar XJS

#28 Ford Mustang GT

#31 BMW 635CSi

Show up in time for Qualifying, the cars will be made one-offs. This is due to the fact they haven't announced their intention to race or not. Anyone using them on the server at the time, may use them for the race.
Back to top Go down
Lee Gibson
Rookie
Lee Gibson

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:19

Argh! Apologies admin & HSO,I've got the times mixed up Sad
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:51

Friendly reminder on how to drive defensively good: Chose your line first. If you change your line in the middle of the braking zone, you are in the wrong. Then I won't feel bad for you if you spin.

Chose your line first, don't mirror drive.

Full race report is coming tomorrow! Thanks everyone for tonight, some great racing in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:58

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
[b]
Chose your line first, don't mirror drive.

Yes, no "Magnussen-Style" :regl:

cheers hurray - no last lap sorcery this time :first:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:59

That was rough!
should practice next time
Raul, that was weird... I was following you and then Bang, you were a brick wall! Im guessing you clipped that tire/barrel? Not sure damage has any effect on these cars as I was already slow lol

Congrats M Weber!!
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:05

Lee Gibson wrote:
Argh! Apologies admin & HSO,I've got the times mixed up Sad
Sorry to hear this but I hope you'll be back for the next one either way :drink:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:11

Brian Janik wrote:
That was rough!
Raul, that was weird... I was following you and then Bang, you were a brick wall! Im guessing you clipped that tire/barrel? Not sure damage has any effect on these cars as I was already slow lol

Congrats M Weber!!

Me too Brian.
Nice fight beetwen us.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:13

Brian Janik wrote:
That was rough!

Congrats M Weber!!

Well Brian, dont know what to say, except, Im sorry for the mess.
I made at least 100laps of practice, not once I touched those barrels, I really put a lot into passing that chicane as smooth as possible. And now this, it was really like a fist in the eye. There were some situations when I was sure Ill crash into barrels, but nothing happend, I suppose this is the same one but vice versa.

Im sorry again if I damaged your car.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:17

Thanks Grant for that amaizing race - sorry i hit you once n the back at the hairpin, i locked up my tires. I hope it didn't affect your race too much.
On my side it was such a fair driving - didn't have that much fun for a long time!

Thanks once again for broadcasting the race Jonatan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:20

Nightmare!!

Had low 1:01 pace but couldn't overtake anybody, actually got held during the turns and then overtaken by the car behind! Sad
Had nice battles with Chapman, Sabre, Bos, Ray and Steve.  

Computer alt+tab itself during the straight!!!!! almost crashed Steve and Ray. (never happened before)

Sorry David, miscalculated your wheel spin at the hairpin.  

After all, it is on me, can't complain.

Let's see next race if the track is friendly to this car.

Thanks guys!

Congrats Matthias!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:23

Now, that one was a bit of a mixed bag. Couldn't get into a flow and hardly beyond 1.02 in practice. Then I changed toe setting a bit right before quali, and suddenly, I'm on provisional pole for a minute or so, cutting nearly a second away. I knew it wouldn't be enough, but still fifth. Jeeeeez! pale Then on to my race setup for warmup, and the whole car felt somewhat wonky again, though I was completely satisfied earlier in the day. It took me a while in race to find my rhythm, but could hold 8th position for a long time, could even open a little gap, once my pace had settled. But then, shortly after halftime, I had a look at the fuel clock, and I didn't like what I saw. I didn't anticipate I was about half a second faster than I was during testing earlier in the day, and all of a sudden, my careful calculation didn't work out anymore. I tried it with coasting and shortshifting for a few laps, but it quickly melted the gap to the guys behind me and threw me off my rhythm. Soon thereafter I missed my braking point at the end of the backstraight, ran into the wall and rejoined in 15th. I tried to fetch the guys in front of me, but I couldn't really close the gap, and when I was lapped, it cost me another 2 1/2 seconds. But at least that saved my bum and I could finish. Entering the pits at the end of the cool down lap, my engine started to sputter... Rolling Eyes

Nontheless, it was a nice evening, and it was pretty good driving today, it seemed as if less people than usual dropped out of the race.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:33

Bruno Chacon wrote:

Me too Brian.
Nice fight beetwen us.

Yes, was good paint swapping. Tried to hang in while I could. But no match, was out to sea in prep and setup today.

Raul Jereb wrote:

Well Brian, dont know what to say, except, Im sorry for the mess.
I made at least 100laps of practice, not once I touched those barrels, I really put a lot into passing that chicane as smooth as possible. And now this, it was really like a fist in the eye. There were some situations when I was sure Ill crash into barrels, but nothing happend, I suppose this is the same one but vice versa.

Im sorry again if I damaged your car.

Fist in the eye, Hahaha, Exactly!!
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:42

So frustrating race, I'm lost for words!!! Mad

My best ever result where nothing really worked!!

Had a great setup for a one lap, maybe the best car for this track (because of the power advantage) with good shot at pole. However in qualy my wheel decided to turn off all Force Feedback, giving me tons of under-steer only managing 13th. I gave up on my second attempt cause it was totally hopeless.

After that I enjoyed 42 laps of utterly torment, where I really couldn't control my frustration enough to be fast and clean. Especially getting up to fourth having destroyed my tires in the process, with those insane gaps to the front.
My apologies to Jacob if I didn't leave room enough, haven't seen the replay yet.
My gear shifting then played up as well adding to even more fumes! Then ending it all agonizingly close to the podium in the end, with Pascal just chilling in front me. Can't catch a break.

Big congrats to the top drivers who drove a stellar race as always!  :top:  :flag:

Hate excuses, sadly I'm just being full of them today! It will take some time getting over this.  Neutral
Oh, and forgot my mic played up! Rage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2018 - 9:43

I love the BMW 635. Not great top speed, which came to show yesterday, but it is versatile, dependable and fun. So in the first sector at Pukekohe, which is an epic bit of race track, it was amazing.

Didn't bother much with qualifying setup, but got in to 8th, which I was happy about. Then I made a pretty good start, and had chosen the right kind of tires, so felt competitive througout. Lots of tight racing in the beginning and glad to see it mostly went cleanly about. Some bumping of course, but not a lot of crashing here. No problem at all John, forgot about that moment half a lap later, it looked a lot worse on the broadcast than it actually was.

Only issue I had with the racing is when some changed lanes in the middle of the braking zone to the hairpin. These cars vary a lot in top speed and braking performance, which amplifies this issue here, but not moving around in the braking zone is the first lesson in how to race cleanly.

Later in the race I had a great battle first with Yves and then with Titz, who chased me right until the end. Great consistent driving from him. We both ran really consistent lap times, my slowest in clean air was not more than 0.5s from my fastest.

Great racing, see you all in a couple of weeks. :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers   Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Pukekohe 500 Kilometers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next