Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]

Go down 
+27
Thiago Canola
Jari Bruppacher
Jason Fitch
Peter Blom
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Gabriel Sterr
Richard Wilks
David Jaques
Brian Janik
Dave Miller
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Raul Jereb
Yves Plaçais
Austin Johnson
Steve Parker
Pascal Mikula
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Michal Janak
Mick Chapman
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 13:33

David Jundt wrote:
21.0 while being on the limit with 15 litres.

I'd love to see a replay of Richard's 1:19 lap so I can learn from it as I am currently unsure where to gain the time scratch

EDIT: 20.7, incredibly hard to get right. Also, my brake pedal might be too sensitive as light touch already causes braking it seems.

Powering through corners. No secret really. I'm running 1/3 wings too if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 13:39

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 13:40

Bruno Chacon wrote:
I'll let you off this time Bruno, but you need to confirm your presence at least 24hrs before the start of practice or you will lose your car.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:30

Richard Coxon wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:
I'll let you off this time Bruno, but you need to confirm your presence at least 24hrs before the start of practice or you will lose your car.

Thank you Richard.
I did not confirm it before because I was traveling outside of my country.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:43

Can´t race tonight, have fun with my March 711
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 17:14

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate in the race due to intestinal problems (something I ate on the trip is making me sick).
I tried to train but I can not stay more than 30 minutes without having to go to the bathroom.
Sorry to warn you only now, but I tried to participate and I just will not do it because of illness.

My car is free for this stage.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 19:05

1 hour left of qualifying :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 19:44

round 6 and people still leaving and rejoining server during Qualifying?
We all know by now it's a cheat for a fresh 3 sets of tires and tow time
..and annoying as :grrr:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 20:06

Brian Janik wrote:
round 6 and people still leaving and rejoining server during Qualifying?
We all know by now it's a cheat for a fresh 3 sets of tires and tow time
..and annoying as :grrr:

I believe that was correct, i know the tow time was at least.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 20:38

Experienced a lot of throttle pedal issues with my G29. Either is has dust in it or my config has to be worked on. Made a nice start form 26th to 17th but at the end of lap 1 the throttle issue came back so I retired.

Last edited by Peter Blom on Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 20:41

:urgence:

Got a nice taste of concrete pole, it was not tasty. :aie:
...dammit.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:10

Jason Whited wrote:

Got a nice taste of concrete pole, it was not tasty.  :aie:
...dammit.
The same for me, I lost a bit of concentration and hit a bollard. Fortunately there was nobody behind me.

Pleased with my pace around here. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:24

Been a while since I had fun running one of these.

Silverstone and Watkins Glen are the 2 most frustrating tracks for me, as I should be vastly quicker around them and I'm not. I was just happy to not qualify last. Had a new teammate one spot ahead. I had a GREAT start, but was boxed in immediately. I seemed to be able to keep cars behind me for a large number of laps and then they would almost certainly pull away once they got past. I think my 3/3 wings might have been too high, or I was being more aggressive through the corners. Had a moment exiting Maggots while being lapped, ran wide and slid towards Becketts broadside. Managed to save it and lost the position to Timo, then spent the next few laps chasing Timo down and was having an absolute blast at it, just past halfway going through Woodcote she stepped out just a bit and I corrected to keep it out of the Bollards and it snapped the other way into the wall. Hopefully I Can make the Nurburgring, that'll be fun....
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:30

Jason Whited wrote:

Got a nice taste of concrete pole, it was not tasty.  :aie:
...dammit.

Same here. They certainly don't move. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:18

Qualify 13th. Fight up to P6 (thanks Juha, that was great racing). Miraculously get to P5. Blow the engine with literally one corner to go. Does it get more disappointing that this? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:25

i dint know what happened toda, last test before today i was 1s faster , in Q i was 1s behind my times, then in race too in comparation to warmup, i was on 3/3 wings so 227l of fuel was needed and the car was quite heavy, , so the adwantage of pp engine is owerweighted by too big fuel consuption and overal car weight Sad
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:27

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Qualify 13th. Fight up to P6 (thanks Juha, that was great racing). Miraculously get to P5. Blow the engine with literally one corner to go. Does it get more disappointing that this? Crying or Very sad

Thanks Petr. It was a nice fight indeed. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:38

Results and points are up.

The constructors' dropped score rule for the first six races is in effect;  this is why Surtees' two points do not count towards the constructors' championship total.

Quote :
The best five results from the first six rounds and the best four results from the last five rounds count towards the constructors' championship total.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:44

Thank you sir :chinois:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 22:47

Congratulations Richard, David J, Yves. :top:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 23:13

2 lazy half spins during race, but no matter, the pace ahead was quicker than I.
Had some fun reeling in DJq a couple times but to no avail.
Well done Richard Coxon :champ:
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 23:40

I really love to drive the Tyrrell and driving first time in the 1971 season. But I Don't know why my car when I use the full fuel for race my car lost circa 2,3 seconds than my qualy time. Lost one second, or second and half its normal, but three? scratch study

I did some gears adjustments (my regret :doh: ) and cost me a race.... now Know some things to learn and develop. Happy about drive the car, make a setup from zero. Good to brake, good on curves and good grip too.

Unfortunately i did a stupid mistake when I follow some McLaren with anxious and hurry to try overtake... and I crashed on last curve... Sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 23:53

3 seconds is perfectly fine, usually it’s between 2 to 3 seconds at the start of the race with the times slowly dropping.

Great race with Grant until his drive through, then I just had to manage the gap from David. 
The championship is looking close again now :top:

On to the Green Hell :yaa: 

See you all after the summer break. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 14:44

Good job guys for being so bunched at the start that was very clean. It was fun, not much action except in the beginning. Trying to keep pace in this under powered March is very hard. I had to drive every lap like its the last. Cant be to mad though with a 4th place. Grats to Richard :first:  David had great pace with the McLaren.:second:  Yves fast as always :third:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:44

Generally happy with my race yesterday.

The only part I'm really dissapointed with was my start. Got it overrevved to start with (slipped the clutch a bit too much) and to save the car I let it bog down and almost thought I had stalled it for a moment, thankfully I was able to keep it running but with that I lost a lot of positions with more positions lost after T1 after a bit fo side-by-side contact with Dave I think it was. No ill feelings, just the way the track is with how the start lines up.

Was down to 24th or 25th by the end of the opening lap and had a lot of work ahead of me to get back up the field.

Picked up a few positions from others making misstakes like running wide but also made a few nice passes, 1st time this season I've put on a pass so very happy with that.

After about 20 laps I finally got free of the opening group that was fighting for 15th back or something like that and had Mick right behind me who seemed more intent on fighting for the positions we were in rather than hunting after Steve and the rest in front. Me making tiny errors and being very weak in Stowe and Club wasn't helping things as Mick was getting runs on me through there every lap.
Finally Mick made a tiny error and gave me a bit of breathing room and so I could put my head down and work on driving my lines.

Managed to get the speed up and consistenly started to pull away from Mick and catch up to Richard and the Lotus ahead of me.
Was starting to think I wouldn't catch him but finally the traffic was kinder to me than to Richard and we started to battle. I felt that I was a lot quicker but it's not easy to get by around Silverstone...
Had one move on early on in our fight but ended up almost sending Richard off the road, came from a bit back going into Beckets and thought I would have the pace to slip up the inside but made small contact with Richard instead. Thankfully we both kept it on the road and I calmed down and started working on pressuring him into a misstake instead.
After around 12 laps he finally cracked going into Club as he broke too late, ran wide and I could slip by into, by then, 11th position.

From here on out it was a fairly quiet end to the race, no battle to be had but I managed to extract a bit more speed out of the car trying to catch the cars ahead but they were sadly too far in front. But it became a top 10 finish when Steve had his issues so I'm happy with that considering how the race started for me.

Managed 7th fastest lap in the race, I think for the 1st time in a couple of years I've been that quick in a race here at HSO, so very happy that I had the pace in the race, now I just need to learn how to start these cars well and get a better Q session done. Qualified on half a tank as I didn't have time to practice Qually yesterday.

So, all in all happy with my effort yesterday, and now hoping for a good race at the Nordschleife.

I can let you in on the fact that it's a beautiful piece to drive in these cars. As one of the admins I'm testing for bugs nowadays, may actually mean I get some meaningful practice done, as in more than 25 laps for each event Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 811692321
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next