Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taking a step back

Go down 
+19
Raul Jereb
Austin Johnson
Ashar Firdaus
David Sabre
Gabriel Sterr
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Gérard Ryon
Steve Parker
Jacob Fredriksson
Karel Marciniszyn
Juha Bos
François Remmen
Michal Janak
Grant Riddall
Martin Lacina
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
Jason White
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 2:09

All,

I am going to be taking a much-needed step back from HSO, starting now.

What this means is that I will be fulfilling my admin duties as far as posting race threads, setting servers and posting results, but that is all. Modding, broadcasting and driving I am done with for now.

Alberto, the Richards and Jonatan have been aware of this decision for a week or so. I am just now making it public.  Simply put, I am exhausted.  My health has deteriorated, my social life practically non-existent, and I cannot stay on this trajectory any longer.  It’s my own fault things got this way; as usual, I take on too much and find it hard to say no.  It’s a tendency we Whites have :smil20:

I will re-assess what I want to do going forward later on; for now, the most important things are my health, being active, enjoying life, and thinking deeply about what I want to do next.  When I have the answers on that last item, I will let you all know.

Keep having fun guys, and try not to take this too seriously.  I will be periodically checking PMs, but don’t expect me to be vocal on the forum for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 10:37

I know the feeling Jason. Pretty much all past HSO admins went through this. It's impossible for members to understand how much time (and brain time) it takes to make HSO as good as it is. I hope you'll find a balance in your life that allow you to continue to show your talents at HSO.

I thank you for all your hard work :chinois: and think you should not lock this topic so that members can do the same Wink
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 11:00

Un grand merci à toi, Jason, pour tout le travail que tu as effectué au sein de HSO uniquement pour le plaisir de nous tous, simples pilotes. Ces remerciements vont bien sûr à tous les admins HSO.

Comme le dit Guillaume, au vu du nombre d'heures incalculables que les admins dont tu fais partie, Jason, passez à faire d'HSO ce qu'elle, certains propos désobligeants de membres, vis à vis de l'organisation sont proprement inacceptables, à même de décourager les plus fervents bénévoles.

J'ai pris beaucoup de plaisir à rouler pendant toutes ces années, Jason, en espérant de te revoir bientôt sur nos pistes virtuelles comme simple pilote, juste pour ton plaisir... et le nôtre !

Je te souhaite bon vent, profites bien de la vie, et prends soin de ta santé, c'est le plus important !

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 12:15

Thanks Jason for organising all the events and your coloured commentary. Enjoy your real life.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 13:01

This is sad to read. But good for you to know when to call it. I haven’t been here the longest of times but I can see you stand for a lot of what HSO is and has become. Personally I hope you come back when your ready, even to just race casually.

Thanks for your effort and dedication, hasn’t gone un miissed. cheers
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 17:01

when i see HSO, one of first names which i have connected to it is Jason White.

so you will be missed surelyfor many of us Sad

but i wish you the best in next life steps
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 17:12

mate

take a long brake, go to the gym, make new friends, find a nice girl to spend the summer with
and if you not bored get back in winter :D

life is a big party, spend it wisely! :champ: :D

FD
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018 - 19:08

It's the only right decision Jason. The work you did for HSO was (is) excellent, but don't let it get in the way of real life. Go and enjoy it again. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 8:25

Thank you, Jason.
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 8:39

Thank you, Jason. Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 10:46

Will miss your commentary in the races,Health and happiness is way more important,enjoy your break and Thanks for all you have done :clap: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 17:04

Merçi Jason pour ton dévouement dans l'organisation des courses. :top:
Bonne continuation et plein de réussite . :hello:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 18:23

Well, one has only one life and one health, and sometimes one has to sort out his priorities.

A bit 'Thank you!' for making everything possible! :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2018 - 21:41

Enjoy your time away from here Jason! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2018 - 22:09

It's great that you have identified what you want to change and are taking the neccessary steps. That means you're already ahead of most people :top: I wish you success and fun in achieveing what you have laid out.

Thank you for all you have done so far and are still doing!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug 2018 - 21:30

Friends,

While spending recent weeks traveling, enjoying summer sunshine and the company of family and friends, It has become obvious that I need more of these things in my life. My mood has improved, my stress level has dropped, and overall I just feel much better. In addition, I have received some unexpected good news. I will now be a full-time professor at the College for Creative Studies; the institution I have been teaching at as an adjunct for the past 11 years. This is the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication, and I am eager to direct my full energies to this new job; a job which will add much-needed stability and direction to my life. This is the "Act II" I have been anticipating for some time now.

My point is that being a reliable, dedicated HSO admin cannot reasonably co-exist with these new, important life directions. So this will be my last year as an HSO admin. I will finish out my race thread, result and server duties for 2018, and that will be it for me behind the scenes.

I will be taking part in the Pocono 500 and the California 500 since these are races I am deeply interested in. After that, I may show up sporadically for one-off races in 2019.

I want to thank the HSO founders for giving me such creative freedom over the past several years. God knows I have not always been wise or right, but I always did what I thought was best for the league; I hope that on balance I did right by everyone here. And of course I owe a big thanks to Alberto, the Richards, David Sabre and many others for helping me realize the dream of a great 1970s oval racing sim. We achieved something truly unique as a team -- the best creative team that I have ever worked with. No one can ever take that away from us.

Thanks everyone Taking a step back 420535
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug 2018 - 23:53

Congrats on the New job Jason,good to hear you will still be racing at times,Big thanks for all you have done at hso,look forward to seeing you race in the future :top: :drink: Taking a step back 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2018 - 20:41

Congratulations on the new job Jason. Hopefully you'll drop in here occasionally for 500 miles of turning left. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2018 - 20:58

See you on track soon Prof.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 9:38

That's huge! Congratulations Jason, and the best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 9:44

Congratulations Jason, hope all goes great for you! Hopefully see you on the track very soon and through 19'

All the best :top:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:49

Félicitations à toi, Jason, pour cette réussite dans ton travail (et par curiosité, c'est quoi un "College for Creative Studies" ?)
Je te demande cela car une de mes filles était, en France, dans un lycée d'Arts Appliqués, et ce doit être le même style d'établissement, puis est allé à l'académie Royale des beaux-Arts à Bruxelles, pas loin de chez Gérard !

En tout cas, merci pour tout ce qui tu as réalisé (c'est "créative", ça aussi !) à HSO pour notre plus grand plaisir !
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2018 - 8:53

Congrats Jason!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:03

great news
Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2018 - 14:27

Good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking a step back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking a step back   Taking a step back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking a step back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next