Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carburetion Day [May 19th]

Go down 
+19
Michael Drechsler
Petr Hlavac
Raul Jereb
Alan Forster2
Jason Whited
Timo Vermeersch
Greg DellaCella
Brian Janik
David Jundt
Steve Parker
Mick Chapman
Michal Janak
Austin Johnson
Martin Lacina
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
Jason White
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018 - 20:04

Raul Jereb wrote:
Im having .rfm missmatch?

Race thread downloads needed
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018 - 20:59

Apart from being hit from behind twice during opening laps, this was a nice practice run. Thanks to everybody involved :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018 - 21:01

Juha Bos wrote:
Have you downloaded the updates from the race thread?

I did, but it looks I messed something with installing. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018 - 21:16

Well, some stuff to keep the brain busy 'til sunday. Fuel use is tight, tire wear is high and I struggle keeping up in traffic. Thanks for organising this educational session!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2018 - 21:43

Interesting to see so different setups. Some guys ran really low wings, and rocketed on the straights but came to a halt on the turns, especially towards end of the stint. Good strategy to block people behind, but hard one to hang on to the leaders.

Fuel is tight, this session and saturday will serve as reminder for everybody :D Those expecting to run away from the pack on pure speed are in for a nasty surprise after 27 laps :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2018 - 7:48

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Interesting to see so different setups. Some guys ran really low wings, and rocketed on the straights but came to a halt on the turns, especially towards end of the stint. Good strategy to block people behind, but hard one to hang on to the leaders.

Fuel is tight, this session and saturday will serve as reminder for everybody :D  Those expecting to run away from the pack on pure speed are in for a nasty surprise after 27 laps :antoine:  
To be honest i did not solve too much the fuel before yesterday practise so you are right i was a bit surprised. :smil20: Till the sunday i have to be more clever. The main goal is to make only 6 pit stops. study
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2018 - 14:30

Martin Lacina wrote:
To be honest i did not  solve too much the fuel before yesterday practise so you are right i was a bit surprised. :smil20: Till the sunday i have to be more clever. The main goal is to make only 6 pit stops. study

Yep, it seems like it will be rather excellent handling of the car throughout the whole stint than straightline speed that will be crucial. I guess we'll see a lot of driving in a pack during the first half of the race, as nobody will want to lead the group and waste his precious fuel.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 9:10

Alberto,

I can do the pace car again tonight, if you want. Just give me the sign.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 9:35

Thank you Timo. Grant will be taking care of it on sunday, not sure if he will be there today to practice it also. If not, I count with you :top:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 9:48

OK, I will be around by 20h 45.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 11:46

To make sure local yellows will alert drivers of trouble ahead during the race, we are releasing this rFm update.  Please download and apply now.

--> DOWNLOAD RACE DAY RFM <--

Last edited by Jason White on Sat 19 May 2018 - 16:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 16:09

I am unable to apply update at this time.

Anyone ever lost the ability to open File Explorer, Control Panel, Task Manager, or any folders at all in Windows 10?
Had a brief power outage on Thursday. Unable to fix thus far
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 16:13

Brian Janik wrote:
I am unable to apply update at this time.

Anyone ever lost the ability to open File Explorer, Control Panel, Task Manager, or any folders at all in Windows 10?
Had a brief power outage on Thursday. Unable to fix thus far

You are not able to open individual files in notepad?
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 16:18

I cant get to the files to open them because they are in folders that I cant see...

EDIT- I was able to copy the RFM into correct location using 7zip
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 16:38

Brian Janik wrote:
EDIT- I was able to copy the RFM into correct location using 7zip

ok good
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 20:44

I died :urgence: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 21:04

Nice practice. My steering wheel feedback was oscillating during the whole race. (%$$# Fanatec!...) Hard to keep clean after 2/3 of stint, so I crashed. Smile

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 22:19

Watching the replay, apologizes to Dana and David on T1, suffered some lag and when I turned in, Dana didn't seem to be there - but she was Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 22:49

Glad to hear you hadn't just lost your mind. :top: I was a bit affraid going into turn one getting squeezed and nudged into David while four wide.

Looking forward to a more peaceful race start tomorrow. study
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 22:53

Actually I just looked at the replay and it was Raul that pushed and unsettled me Mad

I got the bit of lag at the push (contact likely causes slight lag) and mistook it with normal lag when turning in.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 23:05

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Actually I just looked at the replay and it was Raul that pushed and unsettled me Mad

Well, you moved right onto me... I had nowhere to go Sad I thougth I touched you, though I havent felt a thing.. So, after all, it seems I am guilty for that mess
same old story...
:papy:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 23:11

only thing i learned from that test is that if people drive like that in the race there will not be many finishers,Dave have you got any mirrors on your car ?.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 23:11

i have set 33 visible cars but many cars in front after start was disapering or going straight into wall at turns, bit hard to decide if it is OK or crash actualy in front, how to splve this problem?

(noticed something like this in past in some races - cart 88 i hav elast in memory)
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018 - 23:19

Tonights session was certainly a good reminder for me about the right level of aggression. Rolling Eyes Else, my setup seems to be set now and I'm ready to rumble! Smile
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018 - 0:35

Fun little test. Crazy ass start! Once we all got separation a bit the car just felt great. I hope on race day there isn't people blocking all the way down to the grass. If you have to block cars on the first stint of the race your gonna have a hard time for 200 laps it's not very smart driving. It's better to just let them by and save your tires its a 200 LAP RACE. I understand it was a practice race so hope everyone has they're head screwed on tight tomorrow. Good luck guys hope to see y'all on the track.
:drink: :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carburetion Day [May 19th]   Carburetion Day [May 19th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carburetion Day [May 19th]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next