Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]

Go down 
+33
Konstantin Zubov
Raymond Riddall
Filippo Marazzi
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
James Knowles
Alberto Ibañez
Grant Riddall
Matthias Weber
Steve Parker
Jukka Närhi
Christian Dauger
Austin Ogonoski
Timo Vermeersch
Bruno Chacon
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Adam Hackman
David Sabre
Gabriel Sterr
Scott Urick
Austin Johnson
Brian Janik
Jason Whited
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Raul Jereb
Dana Schurer
Jason White
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 22:56

I'd planned to run a couple of laps and then park it, just so I wouldn't be in the way. The race started and I ran 8 laps before I parked it, in that time I went a lap down, kinda reminded me of my GPL days. Regardless, discretion being the better part of valor, I parked it so I wouldn't adversely affect anyone's race, still managed to make up some positions.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 22:56

Damn engine blow up. Evil or Very Mad
I wasn't revving the engine that much. Oh well on to Road Atlanta, some nice long straights there.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:17

Feeling so deflated right now.

I just want to finish a race Sad

Had a brilliant race with Austin, seriously good infact.
Was pushing the car to the limit tonight, but was taken out by Brian unfortunately spinning. These incidents happen and no ones to blame. Second time running though so im hoping for some better luck at Road Atlanta.

Great racing though so thank you!
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:24

Grant Riddall wrote:
but was taken out by Brian unfortunately spinning

It was my fault Brian spun,i got on kerb at top of hill and just touched his rear end,sorry m8,apart from that i had a lonely race and the setup felt nothing like in practice,had no grip what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:25

David Sabre wrote:
Damn engine blow up. Evil or Very Mad
I wasn't revving the engine that much. Oh well on to Road Atlanta, some nice long straights there.

Same happened to me last race,join the club lol
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:28

so bloody disappointed. must've only been a few laps left and i crashed from 9th. thought i was going to salvage something after spinning before the start on lap 1 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad bollocks bollocks bollocks.

also apologies to janik i think it was for hitting him. was a silly dive into a too small a gap. sorry.

Congrats to the podium and the other survivors.

Last edited by Sky Willis on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:36

Steve Parker wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
but was taken out by Brian unfortunately spinning

It was my fault Brian spun,i got on kerb at top of hill and just touched his rear end,sorry m8,apart from that i had a lonely race and the setup felt nothing like in practice,had no grip what so ever.

Its all good. Just unfortunate Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:37

Evil or Very Mad
*insert long string of cursing here.

How in the hell did I spin, ALONE, in one of the simplest turns at this GD track?
Good god, I'd be embarrassed but honestly, way too pissed at myself for that. Stupid, just absolutely STUPID!
Spent the rest of the race flogging myself. Ridiculous, and no one else to blame but me Rage

WD finishers.

Grats to Jaques and the rest of the podium, well done.
That was one hell of a tough race.

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:42

Very sorry Timo for my shooting you out of the track. Breaked too late and than i couldn't do anything. Sorry a lot.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:49

Grant Riddall wrote:
Feeling so deflated right now.

I just want to finish a race Sad

Was pushing the car to the limit tonight, but was taken out by Brian unfortunately spinning. These incidents happen and no ones to blame. 

Yes I was, But please watch replay!!

Disappointed for you for sure!!!

M6 must have a nice bum, it was assaulted and sent off 4 times I believe. Bruised and bent to hell, none of the offenders finished, but I did. In the top 10 no less 
:aie:  :langue: :langue: :langue:

Regardless, couldnt find the pace of Sky and Martin in this car, need to figure that out :spy:

Salute to the podium, and all finishers (Grant should've been one of them)

Last edited by Brian Janik on Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 0:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:51

Martin Lacina wrote:
Very sorry Timo for my shooting you out of the track. Breaked too late and than i couldn't do anything. Sorry a lot.

No worries. Had to make a splash and dash anyway as I did miscalculate the fuel.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jan 2018 - 23:54

Wow that was a fantastic race! Grats to all finishers really, but the podium ones especially!

As a new guy I gotta say I'm constantly amazed how well behaved the first laps in these races generally are. Last round I used the moderate pace to get some moves in and that worked, but this time I sat back because I realized that not going two wide and keeping distance would make emergency manouevres easier if neccessary and the race is long.

Slowly getting into a rhythm I found it difficult to be consistent, even compared to the first round. Maybe lack of track experience. I had an amazing fight for pace with Steve Parker and later Sky Willis. Steve ended up spinning just as Sky and I were closing in on him. Sky caught and overtook me and in trying to keep up I managed to do a fastest lap, even faster than in qualyfying. I really felt the car for these laps, but ended up exhausting my concentration.

So after a good twenty laps of that I had given everything I had and slowly lost concentration, beginning to make little mistakes and then even slightly bigger ones,. Also sorry sorry to the leaders for my inconvinient spin in T2 who had to go past stationary me and thanks for not hitting me! Crying or Very sad Thank god noone was hurt and i managed to keep it out of the barriers.

I decided to take it easier and just drive it home for the last laps since I was in the points in a f***ing old ass Lola T163! Still stoked that I manged to get points, but I need to work on my consistency in these cars further. Thanks for this great league and see you in the next one!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 0:01

Results and points are up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 0:16

At the start, I missed the corner and knocked. Okay, I kept going and the guy had not lost his alignment and was doing well. So I started a duel with Dana and taking a lap advantage of Jaques, I did not see that she was in his vacuum and I played with her car. She gave up and I crawled into the stall.
Very sorry Dana, i don't see you behind the Jacques.
Then when I was recovering again, I had already taken 2 laps Marazzi had on me, Mr. White rolled spin in front of me and not to hit him, I went out and had a flat back tire.
Okay, I went to the box and 179 seconds added to the 130 of the first stop. I continued the race and I no longer remember where the accident was, I lost control of the car through fatigue and had to go to the stall again. There were another 175 seconds to tidy up.
That was my race, a complete disaster and to be forgotten.
May the next come!
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 0:25

Jason White wrote:
Results and points are up.

So after all that i started and 'finished' 13th Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 4:01

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1476
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 7:32

Apologies to Martin and Scott for messing up lap 1. Moving to a new apartment is stressful, so I only got about an hour's practice before this one. It showed. Oh well, it can only go up from here on...
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 8:52

Gals and guys,

I watched you for the first half hour of the race, you were really great, it was thrilling to watch you, expecially knowing what the cars are doing on that track to the drivers..

along with first class broadcast, really amazing! like a real race!

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 9:12

Gabriel Sterr wrote:

I decided to take it easier and just drive it home for the last laps since I was in the points in a f***ing old ass Lola T163!

Great result for you Gabriel in Lola 163!! Congratulation.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 11:59

I managed to avoid the lap 1 accident and was running inside the top 10, with Jundt giving chase but not finding a way though. With the car hopping around like Skippy the Bush Kangaroo in turn 1 I expected to crash it at some point there, but the hairpin turned out to be my downfall.

About 25-30 laps in I had a half spin exiting the hairpin and by counter steering I ended up back on the track alongside Gerard's Lola. My car became light over the crest, slid to Gerard's side and by the time I managed to straighten it out to avoid taking him out I was in the wall myself.

A long pit stop awaited, but all was not lost, points where still possible. I did have to close the gap to the cars in front, and when I got close enough, I crashed again.

Another pit stop followed and all I could aim for was 14th place which was fought out between Jason White and Timo, who got taken out when being lapped. Even David Sabre and Sky's retirements didn't get me forwards as I was too many laps down on them.

Could have been a top 5 without the first crash. Could still have been 9th or 10th without the second crash. Instead it's 0 points and another bent McLaren. At Road Atlanta I'll be aiming for points, not the wall. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 13:24

For those of you who may not have been able to find the broadcast it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkInSgSOew&t=1s

Again, congrats to all finishers and condolences to those who didn't finish. It was clearly a very difficult race to partake in. I myself have only raced the Mont Tremblant circuit back in 2013 in the FAtlantic series, I didn't manage to finish the race (That may not be saying much, but I believe I still enjoy a 90% finishing rate here at HSO over 6 or 7 years of running here where I partaken in almost all series that has been run for the 1st 5 years :aie: ).

I shall wish you all the best of luck for Roud Atlanta and I'm hoping that more of you will enjoy the feeling of finishing a race in these cars :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 14:54

Just hoping back into the thread momentarily to commend the broadcast crew.
Watched it in it's entirety last night.  These broadcasts seem to get better every race.

...very professional feel to it and the mix of personalities really sets it apart from other broadcasts that I've seen streamed online.  Really nicely done!  
Cannot thank you guys enough.  It brings added layers of immersion I really never thought possible with such a thing.

On another note, have you guys ever thought about adding some overlays?  Like maybe a leaderboard overlay, splits, etc etc?
Not sure how it'd work with youtube, but I'm sure it's possible (I see some others doing it sometimes)

...and I can now say for a FACT that these broadcasts alone are peaking the interests of others outside those currently driving here now.  (surprisingly high number of views on that one yesterday.  Not sure I'd seen that many eyes on one of these, but I could be wrong about that)

Anyways.  :hello:

Excellent work!

Last edited by Jason Whited on Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 14:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm dyslexic before the first cup of coffee)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 15:08

Thanks Martin! You wheeled the old girl M6 to an impressive top five finish yourself!

After the race I watched a bit of the livestream and it was very enjoyable and entertaining. Seeing the battles in the front of the field was quite interestesting. You guys possess some serious skills.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 15:15

Jason Whited wrote:

On another note, have you guys ever thought about adding some overlays?  Like maybe a leaderboard overlay, splits, etc etc?
Not sure how it'd work with youtube, but I'm sure it's possible (I see some others doing it sometimes)

It is possible to do but for the overlays I possess to work, it would call for me to be in the server as a car in the field which would put extra work on the admins to edit me out of the results after the event before they can add it to the results and standings bit of the Website. :smil20:

But I/we have thought about it, it just adds a bit of extra work for the admins which we've yet wanted to have. For the future, if we end up re-using any of the series that we've run in the past few years we may end up having less work for the admins meaning we'll implement an overlay for the standings in the broadcast, but as of yet, it may be a wee while yet :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 15:49

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

It is possible to do but for the overlays I possess to work, it would call for me to be in the server as a car in the field which would put extra work on the admins to edit me out of the results after the event before they can add it to the results and standings bit of the Website. :smil20:

But I/we have thought about it, it just adds a bit of extra work for the admins which we've yet wanted to have. For the future, if we end up re-using any of the series that we've run in the past few years we may end up having less work for the admins meaning we'll implement an overlay for the standings in the broadcast, but as of yet, it may be a wee while yet :chinois:

Understood.

Nonetheless, the rest of what I said stands. Superb broadcast guys, hell of a job!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next