Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]

Go down 
+33
Konstantin Zubov
Raymond Riddall
Filippo Marazzi
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
James Knowles
Alberto Ibañez
Grant Riddall
Matthias Weber
Steve Parker
Jukka Närhi
Christian Dauger
Austin Ogonoski
Timo Vermeersch
Bruno Chacon
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Adam Hackman
David Sabre
Gabriel Sterr
Scott Urick
Austin Johnson
Brian Janik
Jason Whited
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Raul Jereb
Dana Schurer
Jason White
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 17:53

Jason Whited wrote:

...and I can now say for a FACT that these broadcasts alone are peaking the interests of others outside those currently driving here now.  (surprisingly high number of views on that one yesterday.  Not sure I'd seen that many eyes on one of these, but I could be wrong about that)

Could also be partially me, I shared the broadcast on about 3-4 different discord servers(aswell as my Simracing Account on FB) and even got a response that they watched at least a bit Smile

Btw: Is 480p the highest resolution? Tried to go higher, but both R1 and this broadcast seem to be 480p maximum. Is that correct?

As for the event, I started late with running and mostly ran my Mosport setup. Gears were probably not perfect and the car a bit difficult under braking aswell as on the throttle.

Still managed to climb from just outside the Top 10 when people started to spin or experience other problems.

Had a very nice battle with Mr Lacina, it took me ages to get into striking distance! Got him into T1, but a few laps later, I had a lapse of concentration that led me to commit my only big mistake that race and I slowly understeered off at the hairpin when I apparently braked too late. I nufged the tyre barrier slightly and lost around 10s.

Post-race, I noticed this caused my front end to be bent and the HUD showed me red dots(luckily, these cars don't have splitters).

The car actually started to become very tough to control as the understeer increased, aswell as the tendency to step out when applying the throttle.

With a lot of hard work and concentration, I managed to catch Martin again and made a cunning pass when we were lapping some other cars.

In the end, I was running 4th and was able to stay on the lead lap, which I was happy with.

Great racing, it was a lot of fun!

Special thanks to the cars being lapped :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 18:08

480p is the maximum Jonatan can broadcast at.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 18:32

Pour me consoler, on va dire que c'est un peu mieux que la  première  Wink  Avant dernier, mais je termine Laughing
Encore trop de murs, 2 arrêts, 5 bonnes minutes...et impossible de reproduire mon meilleurs temps en course Crying or Very sad
J'étais quand même un peu moins seul cette fois, un peu de bagarre avec Philippe Henrique et Filippo Marazzi
Ce dernier que j'ai cru pouvoir doubler avant la fin en voyant comme je remontais sur lui, malheureusement
quelques excursions supplémentaires dans l'herbe et c'étais trop court...

J'espère un jour que je comprendrais pourquoi certain arrive à tourner avec la t160 en 1.41.. et que je n'arrive pas à faire mieux que 1.44.7.. avec les mêmes réglages (et encore, une fois sur 10 !!!) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 18:43

Jason White wrote:

Ah, alright Smile

*Currently watching*
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 18:47

David Jundt wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Ah, alright Smile

*Currently watching*

I will be broadcasting F1 71 races this year; I will be streaming those at 1080p or at least 720p.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 18:59

It's down to my "bush" internet, I live out in the country (farm-land area) and so they don't provide any of the higher end internets.

I'm happy if I get around 5 Mbit when it should actually provide, at maximum, 72 Mbit...

So sorry everyone, but unless I move I won't be able to provide a higher level of broadcast video :smil20:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:28

No worries Jonatan, I was just asking Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:17

also i somehow managed to break my chair during the race. the frame underneath the padding is cracked in two places so it flops about all over the place! i thought i was moving about quite a lot Laughing

its a cheapish race-looking chair off ebay, so its not that unexpected, but still rather annoying.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:21

Would like to just say the broadcasting is seriously top notch. You 3 guys do and did an amazing job last night as per.. can gaurentee it’s massively appreciated in this league!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 22:21

Sky Willis wrote:
also i somehow managed to break my chair during the race. the frame underneath the padding is cracked in two places so it flops about all over the place! i thought i was moving about quite a lot Laughing

its a cheapish race-looking chair off ebay, so its not that unexpected, but still rather annoying.

LOL, the same thing happened to my kitchen/modelling chair on saturday. Painted something with my airbrush, bent down to regulate the pressure and all of a sudden I went down one floor... affraid
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jan 2018 - 9:05

Brian Janik wrote:
M6 must have a nice bum, it was assaulted and sent off 4 times I believe. Bruised and bent to hell, none of the offenders finished, but I did.

I was one of them. I didn't want to pass you. I just missed my braking point and had to do a dive bomb. I'm really sorry :doh:

Otherwise, it was another eventful race. I also got spun and pushed into armco several times, had to spend 4 minutes in the pits and tried to recover somehow. My speed was decent, but i made way too many mistakes. I parked my car after the third self-inflicted spin. The goal for the next race is obvious - i just want to see the finish line.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jan 2018 - 17:57

First time when i saw this (for me unknown) track i was'n sure if i can be competetive enough without such a power and with no downforce. After several practice i learned the track very quickly and begun to find a places to improve. To be honest there was a lot o places to improve mainly in driving style and finding of the apexes in each turns instead of tuning of the setup. I started with my setup for Lola which i used in Mosport (which was almost default setup) and without any changes i started to improve a laptimes from 42.xx to 38.xx really without any changes in setup. These cars are amazing guys. Fantastic work on this mod. And the race? Indeed i felt like an Alice in Wonderland. I couldnt belived that i'm sixth and batteling with David Jundt. Enjoyed each minutes of the race so the 2hours have gone by like a water. Now Im looking forward to Road Atlanta. See ya.
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 8:23

This one took a few months off my life.

Back to top Go down
http://pretendracecars.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 9:52

You sure had more fun there than in the months of life you lost  :D

It was great to watch and comment, apologizes for my voice sounding like a duck but I had a heavy cold from which I'm slowly recovering. Hopefully next one will be better, seems I also need to adjust my mic a bit.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 10:45

Austin Ogonoski wrote:
This one took a few months off my life.

My March is the heaviest car on the grid (875Kg), a very difficult car to drive due to the mass movement that makes it harder to balance.
Sorry guys, I tried to open as much space as possible every time (that was many) when you passed me.
Fantastic dispute! Duel of big people ... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 10:49

You did the correct thing in that situation Bruno, proof of it is that both drivers were able to get by with no contact safely. Grant used it masterfully for his pass, and it could have been an accident if you had moved or done something wrong, but you acted perfectly following the basic rule: Go on with your trajectory when about to be lapped, don't change lines or do anything unexpected, they will get by  :top:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 11:28

Regarding the car weight. Which weighs are correct? In game in vehicle menu or the values on HSO website under the details for each cars? According the game M6B is heavier than Lola 163 but on website lighter.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 11:33

In game reads it from the physics files, but it includes the driver. The one on the website is just the car without driver, thus the difference.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 11:48

Ok but why there is a opposite differencies between Lola 163 and McLaren M6B? In-game the McLaren is heavier than Lola. On site lighter than Lola. I would belive rather the site values because on track McLaren seems to be more agile than Lola.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 12:15

Might be a glitch on the site then :hum: In any case, the value used by the physics is always the one in the game menu, so you can use that for the direct comparisons.

But regarding the agility of the car, bear in mind that the weight is not the only thing that has an effect. The suspension geometry plays a big role, and the inertia (Which is what you feel in the end, and not the weight) can be different because it varies with the distribution of the mass. A car that weights more but has a better placed CoG will feel more agile that a lighter one with too biased weight distribution, if you see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 13:02

You're right Alberto. Thanks for explanation.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Jan 2018 - 16:23

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Brian Janik wrote:
M6 must have a nice bum, it was assaulted and sent off 4 times I believe. Bruised and bent to hell, none of the offenders finished, but I did.

I was one of them. I didn't want to pass you. I just missed my braking point and had to do a dive bomb. I'm really sorry [smiley]https://2img.net/u/2915/69/36/76/smiles/161590.gif[/smiley]

No problem.
I tried so hard to stay out of trouble early on, that I actually found more of it?
Also foolishly did a 180 on setup during warmup. Was trying to get a feel for it during race.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Feb 2018 - 22:45

Bit late, but better late than never: St Jovite report. Same comment as Mosport-comment.

Timo

St Jovite also on the blog now: RIGHT HERE.

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Feb 2018 - 23:25

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Fuckface however got it in his head to defend his 14th spot against living legend Juha Bos. Bos was giving him the business, looking for a gap in almost every lap. But my boy kept his head cool and stayed put.

Too much honour there. Or too much alcohol for the author. :champ:

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Bos then made a rare error, spinning his car in the Esses.

Very rare. I only made five in this race, four of them ending in the wall. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]   Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - St-Jovite [Jan 28th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5