Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]

Go down 
+29
Alex Riolo
Florkin Marc
Ole Marius Myrvold
Rossetti Paolo
Philippe Martinelli
Emmanuel Haas
Yves Plaçais
Mick Chapman
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Raymond Riddall
Chris Stephens
Brian Janik
David Jaques
John Thim
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Pascal Mikula
Gérard Ryon
David Jundt
Richard Coxon
Jonatan Acerclinth
Bruno Chacon
Jan Kowalski
Martin Lacina
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Victor Montenegro
Jason Whited
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 21:19

The last race of this series was also the last mistake in this series. Thanks guys for a lot of experiences in these races. Many sad moments but also several happy finishes mainly in the AGS colour. Especially thanks to Francois for a great tracks.
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 22:50

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Jason White wrote:
One important note:  Everyone must choose full effects in their rFactor graphic options to have the full experience of driving in the rain.  Thank you!  Smile

Interesting, but I'll use off, to see better the cars in my front and avoid the lost track refrences. Its important to.

That's dissappointing mate.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:10

Yeah! Other top 10 for me
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:29

Another 7th place after Spain and Japan. I was sitting behind the guys battling for 4th-5th but couldn't avoid a spinning AGS which killed my steering and my chances.

Thanks for David Jaques for his help leading up to the race and Mick Chapman for his race setups, without them I'd be miles off the pace in these cars, and HSO for running this brilliant series.

I'll definitely be back for the 71 series next year. :top:

Last edited by Juha Bos on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:29

Chris Stephens wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
Jason White wrote:
One important note:  Everyone must choose full effects in their rFactor graphic options to have the full experience of driving in the rain.  Thank you!  Smile

Interesting, but I'll use off, to see better the cars in my front and avoid the lost track refrences. Its important to.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:31

ANTHEMS

Great job Jan!   :top:

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Dec 2017 - 23:31

Results and points are up
Thank you everyone for a great series Smile
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 0:00

Jason White wrote:
Chris Stephens wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Why you angry Jason? my connection lost ruin the race of others? my race ended in lap 2, I let go slowly and let the group go forward and i was driving quietly back, i no have battles with others drivers.

Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 0:02

Chris Stephens wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Better than crash with others because the spray :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 0:05

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Chris Stephens wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Better than crash with others because the spray :top:

Incorrect.  The race is a wet race, and running without the same conditions as others was not a sporting move on your part.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 0:08

Yeah, like the real drivers just turn off the spray for safety reasons or because they can't deal with possibly crashing into someone :doh:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 0:45

I didn't cause problems to others drivers in this race , but they insist in find a motive to blaming me. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 1:08

Philippe Henrique wrote:
I didn't cause problems to others drivers in this race , but they insist in find a motive to  blaming me. Incredible.  

No one blamed you for anything, just that by not choosing to have effects on your entered into the race with an unfair advantage of being able to see breakpoints and other cars positions better than your competitors. In the name of proper sportsmanship its a poor decision.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 1:10

Philippe Henrique wrote:
I didn't cause problems to others drivers in this race , but they insist in find a motive to  blaming me. Incredible.  

This isn’t about you. It’s about honoring the intent of the organizers and Mr Remmen’s hard work.
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 1:11

Jason White wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:

This isn’t about you. It’s about honoring the intent of the organizers and Mr Remmen’s hard work.

In your point of view, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 2:36

so what to say for the final race, i was strugling to find stable setup for me, hardly made 5 laps in row without crash, finaly 20 minutes from end of final practice i changed something in setup, that car was usable for me on medium tyres so 1 stop strategy possible, did time comparable to my times with softs

after start i lost 2 positions but not too bad for beginning, on T1 on 4th lap i didn brake well and little jumped the curb lost speed and Paolo came behind me, but i dont know why he didnt liftt off when i was in front and hit me from behind, i didnt change lines or block so there was no need to hit me :smil20: , result was bent suspension and then i fight the car to end of the race instead of fight for better position, after all the action later, 3rd place was possile, luckily i got 1 point in the finish , so after Davids crash i now have the most finishes in the points in final standings table :drink:

grats to all who finish this race

THX to whole HSO staf, Francois for nice tracks,

P.S. maybe we will see next season (if i solve some AMS issues and find way to AMS, ATM i cant say that i like to drive in AMS sim)
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 4:25

Fun Race, Love the extra challenge of the spray and wet track.
Great race Gabriele DelPiccolo! I thought I could get 4th but I boneheaded into wall entering pit and messed up the steering. after that made several errors trying to close gap, while you apparently made none! :top:

Congrats to all finishers, And to J Kowalski. za twoje zdrowie!!

Great Mod, Great series. Hope to see 91 reborn in AMS at some point.

Mostly, Thank you HSO!
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 5:07

Brian Janik wrote:
Fun Race, Love the extra challenge of the spray and wet track.
Great race Gabriele DelPiccolo! I thought I could get 4th but I boneheaded into wall entering pit and messed up the steering. after that made several errors trying to close gap, while you apparently made none! :top:

Thank you Brian, my race was really hard, but lovely fun. First of all I struggled a lot behind the Benettons and my lap times were very bad. After understanding where I can pass, I studied the corners where Benettons struggled.. then I pass them .. but.. you where behind me so close! I had a good top speed to resist but my tires after 20 laps drop down ( 39-40 wings and medium GY on front,Hard at the rear.. )so I can't menage to do lap times as in practice. I went to the pits on lap 35 with an undercut strategy to.. YOU :D After the pits car became to be good and stable when you are struggling with your old tires. So , when you went to the pits for tires change, I was ahead! Not so good laptimes for me as for you , but I was focused on consistency. You were 1 second faster than me , but you did many mistakes who helped me a lot. And, finally the great battle with Ray Riddall. He was on fresh tires on his 643 Ferrari, I was on my old GY on my tiny LC91, but I really enjoyed the battle. I remembered to myself that a racing driver have to do ALL AS HE CAN to achieve a result. So I defend myself on the straight, due to very good top speed and braking setting,on the right line, and at the hairpin I did foxy manouvers to keep him out of the track. He menaged to pass me at first chicane and I cut that .. but after that, I realised that his Ferrari was stronger than mine LC91. 4th at the finish, after all a good result, clever race for me after many DNFs on previous races. Awesome broadcasting and commentary from HSO Organisation, very glad to race here. I will be IN for next F1 1971 champ with AMS simulator with my great friend Paolo Rossetti.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 11:03

Dernier abandon... à 27 km/h !   scratch  .... à l'image de ma saison..... pitoyable !  Crying or Very sad

Pas fâché que ça se termine ou "Dans la peau de Fernando Alonso" :D
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 11:54

thanks for the congratulations :hello:  Long way to go for the first win this year. Close calls at Spa in WEC, and at Michigan in CART; and other lost occasions at Monaco (Engine) and few CART race were bad luck and/or bad driving.

My race started with nearly running into the wall turn 2, i think i was to fast and had to open the steering and go straight to rejoin the pack in 20th or much far behind. I made it through the field with a lot of close calls and building up some pace. I spun two times i think, and went some laps later for the pits.

My strategy was a 3 stop strategy all the way with Monsun tyres (L20,42,61 i think). On full tank the degradation were high (had left 30 % at rear at the end of my first stint). Lap 15-20 were the most dangerous part of the stint where i had to drop some pace (1.21.0 - 1.21.9). After that with new tyres i could go full attack to the low 1.19s (low 18s would have been the max, but i only considered that for the last stint).
I close on David Jacques and was in front of him after his pit stop near Lap 50(?). My plan was to keep the gap 10-14s and went for tyres at Lap 62, so i could close again with fresh tyres. Unfortunately he dropped out so couldnt fight it out on track
In my last stint i tried to take no risks and dropped the pace, but that were the most difficult laps of the race where i made some error due to concentration in this long race.

PS: To broadcast. I used very low brake pressure (82%) to prevent locking in general and have a good run for outbraking cars. I had less problems then, but spun several times because i was too agressive putting the wheel pointing to the apex while i was already off the line.
With my setup i was on full wing (Rear 60) and lower at front, so the was balanced in understeer. Dampers/weight transfer were set for these curbs. And short shifting were quite effective. At last it was a Mclaren where it should be the target to finish high. Happy to contribute a Senna P1 Mclaren to the historic event of Aidelaide 91.

Well done all, great broadcast and work on this mod and on this organization :flag:
Back to top Go down
Ole Marius Myrvold
Club Driver

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 18:31

Juha Bos wrote:
but couldn't avoid a spinning AGS which killed my steering and my chances.

I both felt, and still feel s*it about that. So typical that when I made my first actual error of the race, and the first of only two - I had to impact another driver, and as well cause trouble in what looked like a massive fight for those last points Sad
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:28

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Dernier abandon... à 27 km/h !   scratch  .... à l'image de ma saison..... pitoyable !  Crying or Very sad

Pas fâché que ça se termine ou "Dans la peau de Fernando Alonso" :D

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:36

Second place... and what a second place it is!
Okay, first of all, I was really upset with myself that I didn't get pole from Victor after my best time was half a second faster than him.. so ye, second place it is.

On the start, I went away better than expected, in a straight line and everything would've been fine. Of course, Victor hits me in the side (unintentionally, I assume) and bends my steering.
During the race, lots of spins, lots of close calls and hitting the barrier in Turn 2 twice with my rear didn't help the mechanical part of my car a lot but in the end, I made it two laps down and with about 10 liters of fuel left.

Congratulations to Jan for the win and thank you very much HSO for organizing and Francois Remmen for making the track the track it is. Great work and thank you all for such a great season! See ya next year in the '71 cars!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:45

Bad luck race was too short to test the HARD rain tires i put on to go for 1 stop
but honestly i didnt practice much cause guys i tell you , i was exhausted from all the work aswell my private demanding job.
from racing aspect as shown in the stats  you saw  only 1 time FD in top conditions at Portugal where i had the time and phocus to make 2 good setups to compete in the cars i  addore and spend most time in rfactor1!

but realy its HSO that pushed me to go this hard on a project that never had been done since the mod release
its HSO that gave me the chance to iron out bugs for the cars
its HSO that gave me there help
and its ALL YOU guys who drove the 91s as hard as you could to compete and explore the boundries
so THANK YOU ALL!
All of you are  great wonderfull group of racers !!!!

The  data you guys all collect i like you all to ask your'e race and qualify setups  of ALL 16 races
by mail or pm because this season might be over but i will continue to work on it.
inwich we speak now a raw v2.0 is in the making of physics and i will improve  new detailes of the cars itself along side the trackpack with Brain Janaks real 91 cams !

now im going abit under the radar driving in that fog and who knows where i come out,
at least where the sun shines! :D

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Grab_010

take care guys and cya soon!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Dec 2017 - 11:44

Ole Marius Myrvold wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
but couldn't avoid a spinning AGS which killed my steering and my chances.

I both felt, and still feel s*it about that. So typical that when I made my first actual error of the race, and the first of only two - I had to impact another driver, and as well cause trouble in what looked like a massive fight for those last points Sad

Don't lose sleep over it. Accidents happen, this one was just timed unfortunately. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Dec 3rd]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next