Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]

Go down 
+30
Pascal Mikula
Scott Urick
David Jundt
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Jonatan Acerclinth
Michal Janak
Richard Wilks
David Sabre
Karel Marciniszyn
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Lee Simpson
Bob Holada
Bruno Chacon
Jason Whited
Lewis Stephens
Michael Drechsler
Adam Hackman
Peter Blom
Martin Lacina
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Richard Coxon
Dana Schurer
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 7:55

Hai.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 8:17

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:10

Managers, I have a problem and I would like to know the positioning of you.
On Sunday, I'll be working until 8:30 p.m. and will be able to get home at 8:50 p.m.
I'm training for the race all week, having a consistent and well-balanced car, having already done about 60 laps on the track.
My concern is that I do not know if I will be able to get the qualifying time in time. Can I participate in the race without qualifying?

I would greatly appreciate it if I were allowed to participate.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:36

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Can I participate in the race without qualifying?

Yes, you can participate without qualifying.  That's really only an issue with F1, as it's a limited grid of 26 cars. In the CART series the field isn't limited that way, so as long as you show up before race time, you can line up at the back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:39

Jason White wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

Yes, you can participate without qualifying.  That's really only an issue with F1, as it's a limited grid of 26 cars. In the CART series the field isn't limited that way, so as long as you show up before race time, you can line up at the back.

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:51

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

Thank you very much!

No problem  :top:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 17:07

5 seconds off the pace, there must be a shortcut on track lol!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 17:50

Let me know if you find it. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 20:04

it took me being slower than the damn Coyne car to realize part of my problem was that I wasn't driving the track correctly.

This was the fastest track on the CART circuit for a number of years, you need to drive it like that.

Drive it hard and push it.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:46

Present.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:33

My motivation is in a slump right now. pale

The track and me don't seem to get along very well, no matter what I do, I can't find anything that puts me at least into control of the car. So far, I didn't manage to drain a fuel load without either spinning out or putting the car into the wall somewhere. I can kind of manage the car in the mid 1.11s, but if I try to extract a bit more from the car, I'm all over the place. Not sure if I'm willing to go through that... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 23:01

I know the feeling, but I wasn't any good at Portland either so in my case the problem is definitely the driver. :rigol:

Have you tried more wing? It's quite hard to find the right aero amount on this track (and I certainly haven't found it).
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jul 2017 - 23:12

This is very much a love it or hate it track.  Few people will react to it with "meh"  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jul 2017 - 19:44

Juha Bos wrote:
I know the feeling, but I wasn't any good at Portland either so in my case the problem is definitely the driver. :rigol:

Have you tried more wing? It's quite hard to find the right aero amount on this track (and I certainly haven't found it).

More like a suspension problem. Either I'm bottoming out all the way, or I'm all over the place, because the bumps send me everywhere but the chosen line...
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jul 2017 - 21:07

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Cleveland has a special place in my heart. It's the only Indycar race I've seen in person. It was back in 2007 when I was in USA as a college student working in Cedar Point amusement park. It was an amazing experience. I could literally look over mechanics' shoulders while they were working on cars, drivers were walking among fans in the pits, simply amazing. The race was great to watch, too, as you could see 90% of the circuit at all times. And the race was won by PT. That lucky bastard damaged two front wings, knocked the young Rahal off the track and still made it on P1 Very Happy  I'm sad that I can't drive on Sunday, but this gallery from 2007 eases the pain. Hope you enjoy it too Wink  https://goo.gl/photos/i8btS6G5cNzHhTvi8

Thx Petr!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jul 2017 - 20:05

Twice today I've had a "Connection lost" message during practice, and each time I can't rejoin until a new session starts. Any one else have this problem, or even better a solution? I've changed nothing on my settings since the last race.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jul 2017 - 20:19

No such issues here.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 12:50

I've not got any internet today so my car is free for this race.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 13:30

The broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncsulacERE
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 13:32

David Sabre wrote:

i would very much like to drive this fabulous cleveland track! any car will do ;PPP
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 14:00

David Jaques wrote:
David Sabre wrote:

i would very much like to drive this fabulous cleveland track!  any car will do ;PPP

Your March 86 setup would "do" just fine, from the looks of it Shocked
If you aren't driving one (assumed you were from the hotlaps page, didn't even look in the thread) how about tossing a bone my way Very Happy
....would be much appreciated as I've pretty much hit the threshold of what I've been working with, so it seems.

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 14:28

David Jaques wrote:
David Sabre wrote:

i would very much like to drive this fabulous cleveland track!  any car will do ;PPP

Done
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 15:36

Jason Whited wrote:
Your March 86 setup would "do" just fine, from the looks of it Shocked
If you aren't driving one (assumed you were from the hotlaps page, didn't even look in the thread) how about tossing a bone my way Very Happy
....would be much appreciated as I've pretty much hit the threshold of what I've been working with, so it seems.

:yaa:

would be my pleasure to help out. im jumping on the server now to work on converting the 86c qual set to a race, then to convert to al jr's 88. hopefully i can do the car justice this time.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 18:49

I am here and ready to race
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 18:56

Michal Janak wrote:
I am here and ready to race

:top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next