Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]

Go down 
+15
Jacob Fredriksson
Miroslav Havlík
Matthew Hull
Jan Kowalski
Jason Fitch
Petr Hlavac
Matthias Weber
Oyvind Andersen
Honza Mild
Jonatan Acerclinth
Peter Blom
Juha Bos
Mick Chapman
Pascal Mikula
Richard Coxon
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:00

Grant Riddall wrote:
I know nobody has officially pulled out but if there is any free cars available may i take one?

You can have any car that is free from the entry list bar the Volvo. or you can have either my Renault, Jacob's Vauxhall or Pascal's BMW.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:01

Sorry didnt see this. may i take your Renault?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:19

Grant Riddall wrote:
Sorry didnt see this. may i take your Renault?
Of course. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:37

I think I'll go with Pascal's car for this round, if all goes well now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 19:38

David Jundt wrote:
I think I'll go with Pascal's car for this round, if all goes well now.
No problem.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 20:18

I´m out for race 2. Have fun
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 21:51

Tonight was like the entire season: bad qualifying, good start, crashed, crashed again, and points finishes. :D

The racing itself was great. I hope we'll get another season with these cars soon, but I'll stay away from the Mondeo. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:24

Juha Bos wrote:
I hope we'll get another season with these cars soon, but I'll stay away from the Mondeo. lol!

I'll be taking your Mondeo and see what he can do then :antoine:

First race went very well, pole position and no problem to win the race.

Second race David Jundt and Yves made a great start in their BMW's. For the first 17 laps I was following David Jundt very closely but could not pass him. Our pace was super high, every lap was as fast as in qualifying. Yves did a great job too following us closely in the 2nd BMW. Sadly I made a mistake and lost 4 seconds, after that I knew David would win the race unless he made a big mistake, his pace was too quick to reel him in fast enough. On lap 28 I was the victim of one of the worst moves I have ever seen at HSO. Martinelli tried to rejoin the track with a 180 degree turn while I was coming in full speed, he should had waited but he did not. Big accident, lost front bumper and the podium by that :grrr:

Anyway great result for David Jundt and BMW...they waited until the last race for their first victory :D

Thanks to Jonathan for his loyal commentary duties this BTCC season and thanks to the HSO admins for organising these series. See you all at Cleveland on sunday :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:28

The broadcast can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXPBco2WDWg

I hope you'll be able to enjoy it even with my lackluster commentary, wasn't quite feeling it tonight, I suppose I was somewhat dissapointed to see fewer than usual, I had hoped to crest the 20 car field for the whole season.

But anyway, thanks for putting up the show, it has been some really good fun watching and commentating ont the action that happened on track, some great passes (Jacob on Jan at Oulton Park is still my move of the season), some hard battles and overall good racing Smile

Now, only one race left I believe, before the summer break when it comes to broadcasting so it will be nice to have a few weeks break to rest of vocal cords and save up some new energy :hihi:

Cheers :drink:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:48

Thank you to everyone that has taken part. It has been a pleasure racing with you.

See you after the summer.......Maybe  Question
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:54

Peter Blom wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
I hope we'll get another season with these cars soon, but I'll stay away from the Mondeo. lol!

I'll be taking your Mondeo and see what he can do then :antoine:

I'm sure you will perform a lot better than I did. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Miroslav Havlík
Club Driver

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2016-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jul 2017 - 16:17

Thank you for the 1996 RAC British Touring Car Championship All and especially Richard Coxon. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jul 2017 - 16:35

Miroslav Havlík wrote:
Thank you for the 1996 RAC British Touring  Car Championship All and especially Richard Coxon. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou Miroslav, that means a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jul 2017 - 18:06

I've got to thanks BMW for entering a RWD car in the sea of FWDs(and these weirdos in their AWD). Otherwise, I'd have looked rather uncomfy, since I prefer oversteer and powerslides over understeer(which I've said live on bc, I hope people didn't mind the "racing reporter"?).

With touring cars being a lot less complicated to "just drive" than 88' CART and '91 F1, I got into the swing rather well through R1. Due to the fact I had to delete RealFeel and Leo I was just getting back into the feel. Funnily, my issue with a second exe window popping up disappeared when I deleted the RF files, strange.

Anyway, I got a nice 5th place thanks to some consistent driving while Yves snatched 3rd, nice :top:

This also marked my 100th Top 5 result at HSO, so glad!:banane:

I then, even though gearing probs was off as 6th gear was only used for a tiny shift at the end of the S/F "bend" and seemingly sub-perfect tyre pressure(120 kpa left sides, 125 right front and 124 rear right) aswell as the whole suspension and most things on default except engine brake on 0, I managed to snatch 2nd on the grid behind Peter, who really had to earn his pole in that session.

I took advantage of being highest non-FWD and outdragged Peter on the banked straight, which started my fight with concentration for +20 laps as Peter chased me mercilessly :D

There was one moment exiting T1 where he nearly got me, but I covered the inside JUST in time. Any more and I'd have kept it open as my goal was a podium. The gap to Titz was growning bigger and bigger in the meantime, so I was happy we could keep the train going. I even managed to get more lead laps for the statistics, nice :hihi:

(EDIT: Currently also on 13 wins and 69 podiums, you know what that means :regl: )

Peter dropped slightly back and then had that encounter with Philippe, who I managed to get around even though I saw quite a lot of tyre smoke. I also nearly ran into "Ricardo" Wilks, who was slowing on the inside.

Yves was now 2nd, but also spun once(near the exit of Druids?), which opened to gap to around 10s to Peter and Jan chasing him.

Towards the end, having had to concentrate on not braking too late, locking up and spinning(especially T1) off the track, I let Richard and Mick through since I didn't feel like pushing at the same level anymore and risk losing track position.

Thus I pulled over and let them go, sadly Mick didn't have enough fuel to stay on the lead lap in the end Sad

I crossed the line of the last season race, scoring BMW's first win, could barely believe it worked out in the end.

But everything came together that race and the BMW Schnitzer crew celebrated the :first: place.

Even though the field was smaller, it was very much fun, thanks for the mod guys!

Also thanks to Jonatan for having me as co-commentator at the start of the season, enjoyed it(for once watching chaos rather than being caught up in it :jp: ) a lot.

Congratulations to PeterKox Blom and Honda on the titles!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 10:04

Hi
Then a long and hard series has ended.
I am very pleased with the end result, but there were a lot of problems under way.
There have been many hard fighters, and tight and hard driving.
Too bad for Honza who did not run the last 2 race, he gave me second place in the series, thank you very much Smile
In the last race on B.H, I did not get a move in the run, and it seemed like Mick Chapman would pass me in the championship, it split 4 points before the final race, but I managed to keep him behind me in the last race.
Congratulations to Dave with victory in the private cup, and Mick with P3.
Congratulations also to Top 3 in the Drivers Championship.
Thanks to all drivers, to Admin, and to the guys who made Live Stream.
Good summer to all of you.

:champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :hello: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2019 - 17:32

The results table Smile
Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 DMJx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]   Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 13 -  Brands Hatch Indy [Jul 5th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2