Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]

Go down 
+22
Antoine de Mautor
Greg Hunt
Nikos Taikopoulos
Philippe Martinelli
Miroslav Havlík
Oyvind Andersen
Mick Chapman
Matthias Weber
Oliver Thiim
Raymond Riddall
Simon Wattman
Dave Simmons
Jason White
Honza Mild
Jonatan Acerclinth
Peter Blom
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Dylan Canton
Matthew Hull
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:10

Seems that everything goes better when i have a little time to practice beforehand!

Carnage in the first race meant a second place for me :second: but it was no easy task keeping the distance to Jacob. Second race massive battle with him, Ray, and Titz, until i was a bit surprised with my closing speed and gave a big tap on his back. Apologies to him and Ray Embarassed but it was a lot of fun.

Once again i apologize too to Honza for the first race tap, i wasnt expecting you to brake so early Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:11

First race cool for me despite getting hit from the back at the start (edit: replay shows Jan started quite aggressively with pushing Greg aside but at t1 Greg braked far too late and pushed me and Jan of the track almost ending my race Evil or Very Mad ) I followed Greg for a while and saw he had difficulties into the slow corners. I bought my time and eventually got past due to a mistake by Greg. No further problems finishing in 1st.

Second race Greg took the lead, me in 2nd and Richard a close 3rd. Greg was not making any major mistakes this time so it was quite impossible to pass him. Our closely packed group of cars were heading into backmarkers around lap 12. Before braking at the hairpin I was looking at Jason White in front of me and I was wondering what our American friend was doing in this BTCC race :D   ...sadly I let myself got distracted by that and braked a tiny bit too late resulting in T-boning Greg in the Hairpin...I knew it was totally my bad so I waited for him while he tried to go back on the track. Sorry Greg! :doh:
Great job Richard Coxon for snatching that win..very consistent driving like we know you! :top:

Thanks to Jonathan for broadcasting and the HSO admins for organizing!

Last edited by Peter Blom on Wed 10 May 2017 - 22:34; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:12

Juha Bos wrote:
Another night gone and still no Mondeo podium. :D

Needless to say I'm not expecting much for Oulton Park. :hihi:

Mr Bos! believe and you will get a podium! if not ill give you a battle Razz

Q1&2 i think i was 15th for both behind Dylan each time.

R1 got a good launch and got to first in TC and stayed there, bit uneventful but i was a bit bloated *cough* windy *cough*so didnt want to push too hard and i didnt want to ruin my tyres fighting faster cars.

R2 i have a terrible start. enjoyed Mr Anderson go round the outside of everybody in T1-3 Razz Nice move and then got blocked but congestion at the chicane.. Then great battle with Anderson and Canton and had one of the closest finishes so far with Dylan, Two 1sts in TC :D

Take care guys, admin and broadcast team, see you in the next one.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:19

Unless I swap engines with my Benetton, it's unlikely to happen. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:29

Great show everyone, there were some teriffic battles along the way, just like I had predicted What a Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZMXevtWnbk

Also great to see many watching the broadcast live today, thank you Matthew, Nikos and Oliver (I belive most of those watching were friends of yours) for bringing them along and for lighting up the few dull moments that did arrive during the race Smile

Cheers :drink:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:43

Results and standings are updated  :flag:

Only major change is that Honda and Volvo are tied at the top of the Manufacturers championship  :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Nikos Taikopoulos
Rookie
Nikos Taikopoulos

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 23:09

I'm more than satisfied with my maiden race in HSO. The results might've not been the best, but it was very fun. I took Juha's wing in R1(at least it was on the first lap, so he didnt get used to the car yet Laughing, and oliver tapped me in the rear at T1 so Miroslav was a collateral. Sorry about that formally too.

Anyway. The races were nothing sort of great and from the short conversation I had with Jon, Peter and Matthias, the drivers can be very chill. Thanks again for this series.

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
thank you Matthew, Nikos and Oliver (I belive most of those watching were friends of yours) for bringing them along and for lighting up the few dull moments that did arrive during the race Smile

Cheers :drink:

You can count me in for more post race stream chat. I would've mind doing commentary at this point to.

P.S.: I hope I didn't spook you too much with that two wheel Matthias
Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Rfacto12
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 8:08

Yesterday race was again very wild.
Track is rather for figure skating, because every turn is very good for triple Salchow or double Axel jump.
I again had no time to testing. So my Q1 was very bad, so in the R1 i choose "vulture tactic" ... circle like vulture and wait for carcasses. Unfortunatelly i was the first figure skater... when i rejoin race i was last, i think. But still chance for good points because i was not only one figure skater and vulture tactics was good choise, but then at the end of race i was fliped by Richard and my race end.
I must say big sorry to Svenja, you brake too early, but this is no excuse for me, my hit was very stupid, SORRY!
R2 was better ... better lap times, better feeling. Some nice battles and 3rd independent place at the end of race was very pleasant.

Thank you HSO for racing, thanks Jonathan for excellent broadcasting as usually!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 19:38

Warning accepted but hey this is making me look very bad because multipe guys did far worse stuff then me while not even waiting for their victims to give a gained position(s) back. We all know who is responsible for the race 1 turn 1 accident resulting in mutliple destroyed cars but 'the' guy is not even receiving a warning for it.
Think I will have to send more pm's to admins after a race because now I know certain drivers do it behind my back as well and not even make a public apology on this forum for their wrongdoings.

Probably I am too honoust for this world Evil or Very Mad

In the replay race 2 lap 14 I saw another driver crashing into Jacob and Ray at the hairpin, taking them both out, passing them, but not even gave those two places back! Warning received? No. Ban received? No.

Just to let the public know I am not all that bad of a driver...at least I waited and did not profit from my wrongdoings. Hope other people will copy that in their driving.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 20:17

Peter Blom wrote:
In the replay race 2 lap 14 I saw another driver crashing into Jacob and Ray at the hairpin, taking them both out, passing them, but not even gave those two places back! Warning received? No. Ban received? No.

He did give the position back later on.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 20:50

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Only your position and not Ray's...and he let you pass on lap 19 while the incident happend in lap 15 Suspect  The HSO rules do not say you can wait a few laps to find a convenient moment to give a stolen position back.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 21:23

Quote :
Just to let the public know I am not all that bad of a driver...

Peter, the public and your fellow drivers have already a good idea of how you are, as they watch you or race you. So your post was mostly aimed at critizising the admins decissions regarding others, which is no excuse for your own actions, for which you actually accepted blame.

You have the right -as anybody- to fill a protest to the series admin per PM and receive a motivaded reply; if you don't follow that procedure and instead do your post here, don't expect any admin to aknowledge it as a valid protest but instead as a way of attacking his decissions.

This will do nothing good to your cause, and just upset others.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 22:05

Sorry, me too cannot understand Peter gets a warning and another driver pushing two guys out getting nothing.

Perhaps he was frightened, if he gives his position back to Ray, that I'll pass him at that moment.

To my race:
Heat One: yeah, didn't know Richard is able to restart the race with formation lap without resetting the server. So I pushed "Race" two seconds to late resulting in a start from the pits.
Very entertaining race, P10 at the end, so absolutely ok, perhaps 1 position more from my original starting position.

heat 2:
Amazing Race at the start with Nikos, passed him 3 times but he went away on the straights.
After a lag on his side, I won the position.
At the last laps I got up to Ray and tried it in the last corner. But he accelarated much better.

Two nice races, great track. :yaa:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 22:11

Quote :
Sorry, me too cannot understand Peter gets a warning and another driver pushing two guys out getting nothing.

Normally the admin will review the replay when asked by someone logging a protest (Of course he will also act if he sees something personally during the race). Maybe none of both victims logged one, I don't know :smil20: . If you want to point out to the admin the specific actions you consider punishable, be sure he will look at them - and you will do us a favour because we are busy organising series and modding, and dedicating time to this is not easy unless someone points you in the right direction first.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 22:23

Peter Blom wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Only your position and not Ray's...and he let you pass on lap 19 while the incident happend in lap 15 Suspect  The HSO rules do not say you can wait a few laps to find a convenient moment to give a stolen position back.

Let's see if you can understand now: I didnt get a warning (and if i would i wouldn't make a fuss about it like you are doing) for the exact same reason you didn't get one when you made me spin at long beach. Because i didn't filed a complaint for the admins.

And for the record, the only reason i didnt let Ray pass, was because i tapped jacob, and that's all i could tell from the incident back then.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 0:05

Richard Wilks wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Let's see if you can understand now: I didnt get a warning (and if i would i wouldn't make a fuss about it like you are doing) for the exact same reason you didn't get one when you made me spin at long beach. Because i didn't filed a complaint for the admins.

And for the record, the only reason i didnt let Ray pass, was because i tapped jacob, and that's all i could tell from the incident back then.

Ah yes and for the record it took you four full laps to remember to give the place back to Jacob even though he was right behind you all the time. I have more ammunition in store with your questionable driving from other races. I can pull that trick too if you want me to.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 0:15

You don't seem to understand Peter, but i will make it even more clear.

This is not a matter of me vs you. This is a matter of the admins got a complaint, and acted upon. You ruined the chances of Greg fighting for the win, he complained, you got a warning, simple.

And regarding me, i got warnings in the past too, don't worry.

This is not debatable, and quite honestly, it shows very poor form of you to even go around comparing yourself with other situations.

You don't like it? Don't hit Greg next time.

This matter is closed.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 1:02

Richard Wilks wrote:
You don't seem to understand Peter, but i will make it even more clear.

This is not a matter of me vs you. This is a matter of the admins got a complaint, and acted upon. You ruined the chances of Greg fighting for the win, he complained, you got a warning, simple.

simple, you knocked out Ray (i know, not directly, because you hit Jacob first) for fighting for "P4"

Richard Wilks wrote:

You don't like it? Don't hit "Car in front of you" next time.

This matter is closed.

Jep, nice way to finish things. Hope you remember your own words.

Yeah, not my business complaining anything. You can't compare apples with pears.

Ah forget what i said, hope to see you all in the next race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 1:19

@Weber

Did Ray complained? No. Did Jacob complained? No.

Would i get a warning if any of them did? Probably yes.

You or Peter have a problem with this? Talk with Greg. He was the one who complained.

May i remind you two that the admins were actually lenient because he gave the position back and apologized, so that didn't go unnoticed. If it wasn't for that, he would get a one race ban since he had a warning pending on him already.

And don't worry, i always remember my words. I have no problems being warned or even banned if i act like an idiot and ruin someone else's race, and Jacob had every right to do so, if so he desired.

Any other posts about this will be erased. PMs only from now on.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 10:26

As we've always said if you have an issue with another driver, please PM us, we will look at the incident and make a decision.

We received only one protest from this race, we looked at it and made a decision. Peter you did the right thing by waiting for Greg. That is why you only got a warning. But that doesn't mean you can escape the fact that you did cause an avoidable accident.

I am not commenting on Richard's incident with, i have not seen it and i am not going to because i have not received a protest regarding the matter. Yes Ray got caught up in it, but that is the way it goes sometimes, i have been caught up in many incidents this year.

Anymore questions on this matter, please send them to me via PM

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 11:21

I'd like to just add some general ideas regarding on-track incidents, so that you guys have a clearer picture of the criteria we follow:

We try to have a league of gentleman racers, and therefore encourage that any track incidents are resolved first and foremost between the drivers affected by talking via PM between them before deciding to log a protest. Admins are very busy with lots of stuff beyond acting as race officers, so they will only act directly if the offence cumulatively:

1) was noticed by an admin (Not necessarily the race one, could be seen by another in the broadcast f.e.)

2) is clearly unacceptable (Driving in opposite direction, purposedly crashing into someone, repeated pattern of danger on track over several races etc)

Normal race incidents are in turn expected to either be cleared by the drivers affected, or get a protest logged before revising them.

Sorry if this was not yet completely clear to you before guys, we hope this clarifies it and you understand our policy of trying to encourage drivers talking first instead of directly logging protests. We believe this is a much better idea for long term good league ambience and drivers cohesion.

Rest assured however that any protest will be studied and a motivated reply given.  :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 12:14

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Rest assured however that any protest will be studied and a motivated reply given.  :chinois:

I have sent PM to Admin for an event at Snetterton, I do not know if admin has done anything about it, I'd like to hear about it
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 13:50

Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I have sent PM to Admin for an event at Snetterton, I do not know if admin has done anything about it, I'd like to hear about it

I have received nothing from yourself regarding Snetterton. They may have gotten lost in the system.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 15:29

Richard Coxon wrote:
Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I have received nothing from yourself regarding Snetterton. They may have gotten lost in the system.

It is registered as sent to me

Hi Richard Coxon Mon 3 Apr - 9:38
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 16:39

You can send it again, but since it is from over a month ago, I probably won't do anything about it. Sorry.

In future if you send something and you haven't heard anything within a week PM me again.

As Alberto says us admin have busy schedules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]   Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Knockhill [May 10th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3