Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your ever prefered video games

Go down 
+9
Guillaume Siebert
Jason White
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Audran
Alberto Ibañez
Frank Verplanken
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Ben Paulet
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Your ever prefered video games Empty
PostSubject: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 11:36

What are the video games have you still in mind for the pleasure who gave you?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 11:47

Tough one as so many memories.

Grand Prix 2 - the first racing game I truly fell in love with.
Grand Prix Legends - I still remember my first win in it, i was in a Eagle holding Jim Clark off for the last 2 laps. Another not of that was finding the GPLEA add-ons for the cars. And all the add on tracks.

So many other car games, too many to mention.

Non racing wise, Toe Jam and Earl (Sega Megadrive/Genesis) was the first game I loved playing and to this day I've still never finished it. But I still him the theme music. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:02

I don't know Toe Jam and Earl, but surely because I never owned a Sega. :smil20:

I very liked FF7, the Elder Scroll serie, Civilization and so much tournament with friends on Fifa/PES.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:06

Grand Prix Legends ! là où tout (le plus important : la communauté) a vraiment commencé.

Your ever prefered video games B_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrufer.ch%2Fgpl%2Fgpl

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:06

Ah Fifa, love the games, but i haven't played it for ages as the current one annoys me a he'll of a lot  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:09

As far as pleasure is concerned, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Championship Manager 01/02 and Hearts of Iron 3 come to mind. I have great memories on Battlefield 1942 and most of all Battlefield Vietnam as well. Sid Meier's Pirates was very enjoyable too. The Goldeneye James Bond on the N64 was a blast, especially with its very advanced for its time multi-player mod.

In the pre-historical era, the one I enjoyed most as a kid was probably The Ancient Art of War by the Murry brothers. That was really something out of this world for 1984, with numerous incredible features including the possibility to create your own maps and scenarios.

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 12:54

My cousin owned an Atari 2600, I lived in Paris and she lived to Nice, I passed my holidays at her home, and I liked to play to Jungle Hunt, a kind of Indiana Jones. :banane:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:14

Command Aces of the Deep. No contest there for me, naval simulations and submarines in particular are still deeply in my heart - and I know after simracing ends for me, I will return to them Very Happy 

As for racing games, Indycar Racing II and Nascar Racing II, as those were the first PC games I could drive for some time and also use my first wheel with.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:24

Oh thx Alberto, speaking about a submarine games, you got out from me some memories "Silent Service" that I played on Amstrad. :frank:

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:25

I used to play GATO a bit, but never persevered into the submarine genre - a bit too complicated for my taste back then I guess. Also I'm claustrophobic Laughing !

GATO was very similar to the Flight Simulators of the time, both in concept and gameplay :

Your ever prefered video games Gato_11
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:36

scratch

GPL
GP2 and GP3
F1 Racing
TOCA and TOCA 2
Colin McRae Rally from the first to the third.
Monkey Island series
The Witcher series
The Mass Effect trilogy (thanks Gui for introducing me to this a few years ago :banane: )
Same as Franky, BF 1942 and Vietnam
Europa Universalis IV

edit: I forgot the Elder Scrolls, Morrowind being my favourite Smile

Last edited by Martin Audran on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:44

In the rallying games I did not play Colin McRae too much but had big spells with V-Rally 2 (in which you could create your own special stages :slurp:) and WRC on Playstation (lots of tournaments with friends on that one).
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:44

Frank Verplanken wrote:
I used to play GATO a bit, but never persevered into the submarine genre - a bit too complicated for my taste back then I guess. Also I'm claustrophobic Laughing !

GATO was very similar to the Flight Simulators of the time, both in concept and gameplay :

Your ever prefered video games Gato_11

Haha, I remember those both Ben and you mention. Of course I played them both, but the first one I really enjoyed as a great sim was Silent Hunter I and then Aces of the Deep. I got later pretty involved in the SH2 and SH3 modding scene, and became moderator at the famous subsim.com, where I still check daily and have a personal friendship with the owner Neal Stevens. I was consulted by developers of some games, and I created some very known mods for SH2 and SH3, as well as templates for printing and building replicas of the slide-rulers used for manual targetting the torpedoes in the game. I will show later a pic of them when I get back home.

Motor racing always was a passion of mine, and while I owned and played several games, I only got seriously into it when I came here, which is when I quit my dedication to naval sims.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:56

Nice :top: Maybe you could combine both passions and create a motor boating mod or something :D !
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:10

GPL and rFactor, obviously!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:57

The one on the left is a replica of the wiz-wheel used in the Kriegsmarine Uboats in WW2, the right one was used in WW2 US submarines. The chronometer is used to calculate target speed.

Your ever prefered video games IMG_6909

The great thing is that shooting manually by calculating all parameters of the firing solution is like having a "game inside the game", which makes thigs really amazing.

Video of the game:

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:51

Bases Loaded for NES

Your ever prefered video games 2361156-nes_basesloaded

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:54

Ben Paulet wrote:
My cousin owned an Atari 2600, I lived in Paris and she lived to Nice, I passed my holidays at her home, and I liked to play to Jungle Hunt, a kind of Indiana Jones. :banane:

Oh, man! This was a classic.  We had this too.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 18:09

So many games Smile

I still play my old favorites Megadrive/Genesis games, the Sonic games and Super Monaco Grand Prix ^^. I loved the career aspect of SMGP.
Your ever prefered video games ME0000783747_2

Always loved the WipeOut series too, I still play the PS3 version from times to times, super fun and challenging game.
Your ever prefered video games Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxEz0grOKBg80I2Fiq-ddpf4E2GMZnEQU5lcGLRqWG_Cmk__JZ

I also spent thousand of hours on Heroes of Might and Magic 3, some of them with Franky kicking my ass :D
Your ever prefered video games Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUFf8kGpqtHbctszMXkiEyj-3y66WEQoCHhk8nKVKMQuPIoxkU

I loved the 2 Shenmue games, great atmosphere and scenario. Same for the first Deus Ex and the Mass Effect trilogy. I finished those games at least 3 times.

I'm playing a lot of Hearthstone since last year too.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 18:28

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I also spent thousand of hours on Heroes of Might and Magic 3, some of them with Franky kicking my ass :D

Haha to be totally fair you also beat me at it. Once. :hihi:

Some good ones in there Smile. SMGP I didn't play so much but that reminds me of Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2, not sure if they're related though ? Other than the fact it had probably the longest name ever for a racing game :D, it had some great features like a great weather management that included an excellent rain component, and also a tiny classic part in the form of one fantasy circuit and a few 1950 Grand Prix cars.

Your ever prefered video games 303797-monaco-grand-prix-racing-simulation-2-windows-screenshot-it

Your ever prefered video games Screen2

Wipe-Out yes some good moments, but as a PC guy I was pretty bad at console games generally speaking.

And Gui, what was the F1 game we talked about back in the day, the one with Vito Giuffre and all the other guys you know ?

That baseball game looks great Jason, I guess it wasn't available on PC or maybe I just missed it :smil20: Too bad, I would have loved to play that.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 18:50

Frank Verplanken wrote:
what was the F1 game we talked about back in the day, the one with Vito Giuffre and all the other guys you know ?

Grand Prix Circuit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:05

Yes thanks Jukka ! The circuits were awful lol, they got the maps right but then nothing was even remotely like the real ones once you got in your car :D ! Overall good fun though, but a joke compared to the contemporary Indy 500 !

Your ever prefered video games Grand-prix-circuit-ss1
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:09

Accolade, Titus, Infogramme, Microprose, .... some names came back from so far. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:09

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:15

Not a video game, but i used to spend hours pushing the cars around Brands Hatch!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/302249122929

Your ever prefered video games _110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your ever prefered video games   Your ever prefered video games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your ever prefered video games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next