Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO Supertourers - Download

Go down 
+19
Oyvind Andersen
David Jundt
Raul Jereb
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dylan Canton
Alberto Ibañez
Abhishek Dalia
Greg Hunt
Jan Kowalski
Pascal Mikula
Jason White
Peter Blom
Sky Willis
Michal Janak
Steve Parker
Vadim Sadoshenko
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

HSO Supertourers - Download Empty
PostSubject: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 20:37

*** HSO SUPER TOURING CARS MOD ***

HSO Supertourers - Download Clelan10

I. Installation :

Extract the content of the archive file in your rFactor root folder.

II. Description :

Looking back in time, the decade of the 90s will be remembered as one of the best ever when it comes to Touring Car racing. It all started with the decline of the FIA Group A format, which had peaked in late 80s with public and manufacturers losing interest in cars that effectively had become too exotic and different from their street legal counterparts. Special Sierra RS500 Cosworths with injectors not even enabled in the road going version, Evolution Mercedes and BMWs with exaggerated spoilers and wings, or V8 Audis had become the norm in scathered national series with escalating costs and unbalanced fields, always in need of rule changes. On top of that, certain championships had peculiar points rules that produced results the public could not understand, such as a car from a lower class winning the overall series despite never being anywhere close to the top of the field. A change in direction was needed, and it was in Britain that it all came together after the 1990 transition season. The resulting formula was quite simple in its premises: Racecars that were closer to what the average buyer can get at the shop, competing in a single class. The objective was achieved by limiting engine capacity to 2.0 litres and imposing severe restrictions to car dimensions, aerodynamic appendexes, chassis modifications and special homologation versions, effectively meaning mainstream medium-size 4 door sedans were the ideal base for the race cars.

Inmediate success blessed the series with hugely contested races and cars that were easy to identify with their street counterparts, leading to a huge popularity. Top drivers from all Europe were attracted and heavy manufacturer's involvement followed, to a point where the FIA decided to adopt the same formula for its sanctioned touring car championships, effectively extending it world wide as far as Japan and Australia, were the supertourers roared up and down the mytichal Bathurst mountain.

For several years the Supertourers boomed and appeared to be there to stay, but the same vices and problems that lead to the dismise of the Group A formula spelled the end to the 2-litre one. Manufacturer involvement in a series that was the perfect commercial showcase for them resulted in an enormous stream of money poured into tecnology to obtain the elusive advantage over the rest and signing the best drivers, with costs skyrocketing until the inevitable collapse.

The 1996 British Touring Car Championship:

The series that started it all rivaled by the mid 90s in popularity in Britain even with the allmighty Formula One. Clever marketing and mainstream broadcasting with no other than Murray Walker commentating catapulted the top drivers to celebrities for the public. Names like Cleland, Soper, Hoy, Harvey, Menu, Plato and dozens more of the most famed touring car drivers forged their reputation and fame in those years. We chose 1996 as the first series because by then all manufacturers were well established and had introduced their flagship models with a large variety of cars in the field, generally well matched to each other. Frank Biela made the most of his 4WD Audi A4, but the Renault of Alain Menu was a tough contender once a weight penalty was applied to the Audi. In our mod, all cars are matched from the beginning as they were towards the end of the season.

The Audi, Volvo and Renault are the leading cars, while the Ford and the Honda are easy to drive machines. The Vectra has a less precise chassis, while the Peugeot and semi-official Nissan have good handling but lack a bit on power. As the only RWD, the BMW is the most traditional to drive. The slightly lower power is compensated on it by the late braking ability and good traction from standing starts and corner exit. All cars are shod with tires of similar caracteristics, there being no distinct advantage for any of them and all capable of withstanding the short races as long as not excessively abused.

The private cars are slower and generally easier to drive than the official ones, though capable of overall wins in the hands of the best drivers. But they have their own sub-championship, the Total Cup, where they fight for honors.

A big effort was made to make the cars behave as close to their real life counterparts as possible, with many hours of research and the development of physics based on the real suspension layout of each car (Something you don't have even in Race 07).

III. Thanks, sources and acknowledgments :

AndersFSC for the original car models, many thanks!

Converting: Richard Coxon, Alberto Ibanez, David Sabre and Vadim Sadoshenko
Moddeling: David Sabre, Jason White and Alberto Ibanez
Physics: Richard Wilks a.k.a SkyWilk and Alberto Ibanez
Sounds: Richard Wilks
Research: Richard Coxon, Richard Wilks and Alberto Ibanez
Skins: Markano97, Mr.T and Jason White.
Beta Testers: Richard Coxon, Richard Wilks, Alberto Ibanez, Yves Placais, Ben Paulet, David Sabre and Jukka Maattanen

Thanks to ISI for rFactor.

****** This mod is dedicated to Keith O'Dor and Gregg Hansford. ******

This mod is for HSO use only and must not be distributed elsewhere.
=> MOD DOWNLOAD <=

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:26

A test server is running at Thruxton

Password: hso96

=> TRACK DOWNLOAD <=
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:49

:top: :clap:

cheers guys with this new jewel
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:53

Please guys tell me the server IP. Unfortunately can't find him on the list :smil20: . With the track I'm not familiar  Embarassed . I will have to first study it and then cars.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:57

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
Please guys tell me the server IP. Unfortunately can't find him on the list  :smil20: . With the track I'm not familiar  Embarassed . I will have to first study it and then cars.

Here Vadim : 91.121.135.76:34297
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 22:13

Thank you very much! :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:18

Many thanks to all involved,this should be epic cheers :clap: :banane:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:29

Game crashed 2 times, 1st after hit barrier and 2nd time after hit oponent
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:35

Mods absolutely superb!

Though in my nostalgia-fueled enthusiasm, i forgot how much i dislike front wheel drive  pig  Laughing  will have to try the bmw tomorrow.

Last edited by Sky Willis on Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:50

Had an Error Loading mesh file BMW_CSL_Caliper_RF_A_Style1B.GMT
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 0:01

A What Steve? Shocked That isn't even in the mod as far as I know. Have you given it a clean rfactor install?
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 1:34

it seems to want to load at start when it has the pace car in vehicle selection,now i have bought a car it has gone scratch

btw the peugeot is a blast round thruxton :clap:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 3:06

I did some laps in several cars and...I want to congratulate the development team on this piece of art it really is epic!!! :top:

So much better then the original mod. It is very satisfactory to drive on the limit.

How about a small trial race tomorrow :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 4:07

I want to extend a personal congratulations to Richard Coxon, Alberto, Richard Wilks, David, Ben, Jukka, Vadim and everyone else involved with the conversion of this mod. :drink:  I know for Mr. Coxon especially, this is a dream come true, and I am excited to see how the series goes. I teach until the end of April on Wednesdays, so I will have to wait to participate. In the meantime, I will live vicariously through the rest of you Smile  Well done HSO Factory Team!!!!  :top:

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:55

Oh my gaawwwd these are awesome!! Wonderful! Smile cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 11:47

Thank you all for the release. Nice the See these cars again after a long time.
Btw, will i have to make 3 car choices, or first come method?
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 11:52

Jason White wrote:
I want to extend a personal congratulations to Richard Coxon, Alberto, Richard Wilks, David, Ben, Jukka, Vadim and everyone else involved with the conversion of this mod. :drink:  I know for Mr. Coxon especially, this is a dream come true, and I am excited to see how the series goes. I teach until the end of April on Wednesdays, so I will have to wait to participate. In the meantime, I will live vicariously through the rest of you Smile  Well done HSO Factory Team!!!!  :top:

looks great and good noise Smile

well done everyone who work on this project :clap:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 12:06

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Thank you all for the release. Nice the See these cars again after a long time.
Btw, will i have to make 3 car choices, or first come method?

First come first serve as with all Wednesday championships.
Back to top Go down
Abhishek Dalia
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 12:34

I have a small question,i wont be able to attend the first three rounds of this series because of my exams.Now the question can i still make a car choice and still be able to use that car to race after my exams are done or i have to make my car choice when i can race?
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 12:41

ok let's do some laps, anybody coming to the server?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 15:27

Abhishek Dalia wrote:
I have a small question,i wont be able to attend the first three rounds of this series because of my exams.Now the question can i still make a car choice and still be able to use that car to race after my exams are done or i have to make my car choice when i can race?

Since you will miss the first 3, i wouldn't recommend you ask for a full season car, as that is a quarter of the championship you will miss.

You are more than free to pick up a car when you return full time though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 15:43

its like i woke up with my fwd head on and the cars feel awesome today! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 16:10

Sky, there are few things I dislike more in life than a FWD car (A bad wine is probably the #1 :hum: ) but I can tell you it's a matter of mindset. When I started beta testing the cars to check the behaviour of the suspensions I had to completely change what I had been learning in many years of online racing and offline RWD driving. But once you forget about RWD and rounding the turns on gas, you will discover there is a painful pleasure in getting the car at the apex just right to allow full gas exit with slight understeer to the limit of track outside border HSO Supertourers - Download 1623587389 It requires very precise driving, but it can make a FWD car truly hard to beat with any RWD that hasn't a big power advantage over it.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 16:33

game crashed 2 time right after pusch button for cycle RF info menu, wanted switvh to current lap time

:urgence:
Back to top Go down
Abhishek Dalia
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 16:41

Richard Coxon wrote:
Abhishek Dalia wrote:

Since you will miss the first 3, i wouldn't recommend you ask for a full season car, as that is a quarter of the championship you will miss.

You are more than free to pick up a car when you return full time though Smile

Alright,but will there still be a car for me to race with lol!
Back to top Go down

HSO Supertourers - Download
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: Archives :: Archives :: 2017 :: 1996 BTCC-
Jump to: