Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)

Go down 
+24
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Michal Janak
Petr Hlavac
Martin Lacina
Lee Simpson
Raul Jereb
David Sabre
Jukka Närhi
Pascal Mikula
Jacob Fredriksson
Ludovic Tiengou
Scott Urick
Bob Holada
Dana Schurer
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Alberto Ibañez
Jonatan Acerclinth
Bob Wilson
Jason White
Richard Coxon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:16

Sorry to Felipe for the contact.

I fail to see how I "forced" the overtaking too hard though. I managed to get alongside and was inside. I sadly got loose and touched the apron, which made my car even more unsettled.

Maybe you were also a bit too close to me, as I tried to stay low as hard as possible.

I apparently blew my engine now, so I don't know if I'd have stayed in P12. I made the mistake to repair and stood 68s in the pits, enough to be lapped when I was around P10 :doh:

Also, the game telling me where to be under yellow were kinda confusing since other people also blasted past me scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:34

Quote :
Then...nothing Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_eek . I could see my pitcrew on both sides but there were doing nothing. :scratch. I haven't enough fuel for doing a lap more.

IIRC if you go too far when missing the pit slot, the game forces you to exit pits and do another lap before you can pit.

Fun race, the Firestones started well but were shit after half the stint. Still I kept up more or less well with other cars and had some nice battles. And almost stole Jukka's wallet on the restart Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:36

Good race for me overall....Again I make pit stop under green and wait for damage to be fixed...Forgot again to check for damage...Lost 64 seconds :grrr:

Thanks to all who put this race on...your hard work is greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:38

Alberto "pick-pocket" Ibanez lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:39

Martin Lacina wrote:
Sorry all for the problems on the start i had some problem with my PC. I dont know what it did but i have a big lag so my screen suddenly frozen many times and then i appeared close to somebody so i had to end this event due to technical problems.

Your car appeared in front of me on the pace lap. I couldn't avoid it and started the race with a damaged wing and a car which didn't behave the way I wanted. After brushing the wall and bending the suspension I just went for a finish. 11th place is half a miracle because I was slow and got passed left, right and centre.

Thanks for organising, good to see a trouble free oval race. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:40

What the hell has just happened there? I mean did i use some illegal chassis, boost, tyres or some other cheat? :D  I entered the practice with an undrivable car and no hope. Jason gave me a set for different chassis which understeered heavily, but it proved to be a brilliant base for my adjustments. I made some significant changes and went to do the dishes. Well, i forgot that there's quali running at that time Very Happy So i started from the last row.

The car felt good and i thought i might make it into top 10. But soon i found myself battling with such greats of oval racing like Dana. When i exited the pits for the last time, it was clear that this could be a podium. Amazing racing with Jacob and Richard. With some 10 laps to go, i knew Richard was a serious threat, as he was much faster in turn 1. I was just hoping that i can hang on and then... a yellow came. Maybe you heard the bang as a big stone fell off my heart :hihi:

This is really big for me. The first big league win since Argentina and my first oval victory ever. Thanks to everybody, see you later. Looking forward to CART 1988 Cool

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 21 Nov 2016 - 11:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:50

Now that was a race! Staying out of trouble was the key for that final push to the flag. Still had time for some epic battles throughout the race, with Alberto, Jukka, Hlavac and especially Dana, who I thought must've been trying to save fuel? Because she was struggling on pace, but she could out-corner me everytime we got to turn 1, and then suddenly could set the fastest lap of the race. And for once, I could actually keep up with the fastest cars, light years from my pace in the spring races. I felt really good this time.

But this battle with Dana was costly. If would have been able to clear her properly, we might have lost less time to Richard and Petr. Those two or three seconds could have put me ahead when the final caution flew. I somehow gained almost 15 seconds on Richard on the final pit stop, mainly thanks to my two tire pit stop. I was very marginal on fuel, stupidly, so I didn't fight Petr and Richard too hard, which turned out to be a mistake. As long as I kept in touch was the plan.

But all in all, that was an epic race, and this was a good third place. Congratulations guys, that was a lot of fun.

:third:

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Saw Jacob hitting my wreck, very sorry pale

Nope! No problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:53

Results and points are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 22:59

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I entered the practice with an undrivable car and no hope. Jason gave me a set for different chassis which understeered heavily, but it proved to be a brilliant base for my adjustments. 

It started life as a Bob Wilson set, so he deserves some kudos too Wink  Glad it helped, and Congratulations!  
If Lloyd is looking down now, he is smiling  Very Happy

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 3383695350_a31f2c5a4f

Last edited by Jason White on Sun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:00

Phew, gotta take a breath first. That finish was a bit unexpected. I wasn't aware we do a sprint for finish line, so if I had been prepared, Alberto might probably be missing his wallet now... Wink

In summary, I made my peace with Trenton now, the first event at this place didn't make me overly happy, and until this morning, it didn't look like it would be any different this time. Until yesterday evening, I didn't manage to finish a load of fuel without hitting the barrier or getting stuck in that velcro sand on the infield. Then I tried a different approach, and indeed I got rid of the oversteer in undue situations. Then I cobbled together a setup for qualifying, had a CTD, couldn't remember what I had, so I quickly cobbled together a new setup for qualifying, but that was between 3 and 4 thenths of a second slower. Awesome... :bangry:

Race went away pretty unspectacular, I had a good pace, crawled up a few positions, was surprisingly competitive, compared to my quali time, but I had to take care I wouldn't run into other cars in the turns, my cornering speed was pretty good. Could mostly place the car where I wanted and it was good in traffic too. Perhaps missed the right time to divert to the pits during the second yellow, and after the second to last yellow, I couldn't really keep up with the guys in front of me, but for a moment, I got into second position, before I had to divert to my final pitstop. There I made a small tactical mistake, I should have changed the left wheels one stop earlier, that would have given me a gap over Alberto in the last stretch, so I had to give my sixth position to him. And then that short sprint to the finish line, that got me a bit by surprise. But seventh is okay, its reflects the performance of my car, me and what the other guys allowed today. Unfortunately not the fastest Foyt-engined car at the finish as intended, boo-hoo, but a very fun race and some nice fights in the field. Thanks for racing, guys! :top:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:17

I was hoping with less boost I'd have to stop just twice; however, the cautions came at most inappropriate times, forcing me to pit with some 10 or 15 gallons of fuel left. In addition to that, I picked a fair amount of damage on the way, slowing me down quite a bit, I feel :smil20: Gotta be happy with my 5th place Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:19

What makes me happiest is that many people have enjoyed it, and we -finally- got a rather trouble free race. Oval racing is hugely fun, it was just a matter of time before it clicked and people started getting the hang of it. Next year there will be more of it, and now you guys are veterans so the prospects are indeed amazing  Cool 
Special congrats to Peter and all podium, and to all finishers and non finishiers but who took part.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:23

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
What makes me happiest is that many people have enjoyed it, and we -finally- got a rather trouble free race.

+1
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:30

this was definitely my last try this series, totaly disapointed from it at all ,
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2016 - 23:40

That was.....weird, for lack of a better word.

I qualified about where I expected, or rather with about the time I expected. The race however.....

All this week and last night I was practicing at a really good pace. then today, my setup suddenly LOST a full second to a second and a half somewhere. Not really sure how to classify this one. I'm disappointed with HOW my race went down, but I can't be real disappointed with the result. I think I'm lucky I managed a Top 10 like I did.

Oh Well, Off to Texas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 0:59

Thanks for waiting for me when my game froze during warm up :top:

Think I loaded the wrong setup for the race as my gearing was too long so was slow coming off turn 2, decided to go for broke by staying out when everyone else pitted under caution, unfortunately it didn't work out and it ended up costing me a lap, later on I got my customary random penalty (10sec stop and go). Overall I'm happy to have finished my first full race since Indy and probably having my fastest pit stops all season which was a surprise as the 2 attempts I had in practice ended with a spin and a crash lol!
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 1:57

Satisfied to qualify 15th.  At the start I'm behind Martin. When he disappeared rF is confused and then tells me that the person I'm supposed to follow is behind me. Surprised I didn't get a penalty for not following Martin . The confusion causes me to mistime the start and lose 5 places .  But at least I survive the opening laps.  2nd yellow I'm running last but I know it should be a long race.  A few cars pit during this yellow and reenter  just in front of me. It's not clear where these cars should fit in. Rf tells me to not change who I'm to follow. Try to close up but then there's a traffic jam ahead and the only way not to ram somebody is to take to the infield. I get bogged down in the gravel  End of Race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 2:40

David Jundt wrote:
Sorry to Felipe for the contact.

I fail to see how I "forced" the overtaking too hard though. I managed to get alongside and was inside. I sadly got loose and touched the apron, which made my car even more unsettled.

Maybe you were also a bit too close to me, as I tried to stay low as hard as possible.

I apparently blew my engine now, so I don't know if I'd have stayed in P12. I made the mistake to repair and stood 68s in the pits, enough to be lapped when I was around P10 :doh:

Also, the game telling me where to be under yellow were kinda confusing since other people also blasted past me scratch

No problem Jundt , I saw the replay after, and I think the contact is unavoidable, sorry me to , to said the you no have patience. This cars is very fast, very hard to drive, and very very complicate to made a setup. to this race I can't made a good setup to my car, Jason help me after send his setup. And I have grateful. Texas are comming and I'll try again Smile
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 6:36

Awww hell. That was over quick. But it wasn't a glitch, it wasn't anyone else, AND IT WASN'T ME! It was just one of those "racing incidents".

Congratulations to HSO and the league admins! And a HUGE round of applause to Jason White! We've all expressed how great the mod is -- cars, physics, track, et.al. And, at the same time, we've all had our moments of puzzlement, even frustration, when something went a little cock-eyed outside of the realm of competition -- the administrators most of all. But the absolute, iron-clad, carved-in-stone PROOF of this series' success is 25 DRIVERS SHOW UP FOR THE 14th RACE IN THE SERIES! Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 3108518133

Having not been here in the Spring, I was truly dreading Trenton. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to drive. So I set to work trying to build a set from scratch. I knew I was well behind the curve with no prior experience, and I knew the Parnelli was going to make the job harder.

Based on the last few races, the car was set to qualify and race on a hot track, trying to catch every .001s possible. Set a PB in mock qually during race day practice. Jump in for official qually, gotta go only three minutes, and the track is ice cold so I gave up several tenths. "You pays your money and you takes your chances."

Started P9, the track is cold again, so I'm just maintaining while I wait for the track temp to come up and check everybody's pulse. Fall to P12 just being careful. Around lap 10, temps are coming up and I've worked back up to P10 or 11.

I was slowly working up to the group in front of me when the smoke and parts started flying coming out of T4 on lap 17(?) From my cockpit, the group in front of me suddenly looked like a police raid at a bordello. Trying to dodge debris and in the smoke, I'm thumping nose cones, wings, and I think some wheels. Somewhere in the mess, I plowed into Richard Wilks HARD! Thank God this is a sim, Richard, because I actually got worried about you. LOL. Done for the day.

I didn't see Jan hit the wall but, when I saw the quick replay, you did a great job keeping as straight as possible with a flat RR and any other damage. And to anyone who did make it through that mess, you're better driver than I.

Congratulations to Petr and the podium! And congrats to administration! And "Great Job" to all who raced -- lady and gentlemen all!

See you in Texas!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 8:58

Jason White wrote:
It started life as a Bob Wilson set, so he deserves some kudos too Wink  Glad it helped, and Congratulations!  If Lloyd is looking down now, he is smiling  Very Happy

I did two laps and it was obvious that it understeers. A lot. So i made a huge change on rear toe, from +1,1 to -0.3, stiffened the rear roll bar a little and added some rear wing. The car was amazing then. T1&2 was still quite difficult, but T3&4 (or is it 4&5?) could be driven very nearly flat out. Awesome feeling Cool

Regarding Lloyd Ruby - i watched every single Indy 500 coverage some 2 years ago (available on youtube, hours and hours of footage, amazing stuff). Starting from mid 60s, i just couldn't avoid asking "okay, what's going to happen to Lloyd this year?". And as Robin Miller talked about him quite often, i read the book Hard Luck Lloyd by John Lingle. Awesome read, i can highly recommend it. I hope i made the old man proud yesterday  Wink

Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 16:18

The ups and downs of racing.  

First I will say that was great to revisit Trenton as Trenton was my first online league race ever.  That was 15 years ago when I found a league, quite like this one, which raced Indy style cars on ovals (GPL in those days).

I should admit that on Friday I had given up on the Trenton race.  I just couldn't get a workable, comfortable setup.  Then, while practicing online at the same time as Bob Wilson, he passed me his. It made a huge difference and racing Trenton became fun again.  Thanks Bob!

Race:  It all went as planned UNTIL the end.  I fell back at the start intending to keep out of trouble and off the walls and wait for my opportunities.  I had fun racing with with the back third of the field and moved forward with the occasional pass and as others ran into problems. With 8 or so laps to go I had a points paying finish safely in hand with enough fuel and tires and speed to go to the end.  Then it happened. Coming down the start/finish straight I brushed the right (sticky) wall and couldn't easily get unstuck. With a final tug of the steering wheel it came free but I spun across the track into the inner wall which, as it turned out, terminally damaged the car.  And, brought out the final yellow. (Sorry for that.)

I can't remember the last time I was so despondent after a race.  Even my wife knew to give me space.

Thanks to the Admins who make this amazing, heartbreaking, series possible!

Last edited by Lee Simpson on Mon 21 Nov 2016 - 16:53; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 16:30

There's two more races Lee, go for it :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 16:57

Thanks Alberto. I'm looking forward to racing at Texas Speedway and the Phoenix finale.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 18:47

Screenies from Sunday's Trenton 200.  Thank you again everyone for a taking part!

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1217

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Richard%20Coxon%20(55)%20leads%20the%20field%20around%20on%20the%20pace%20lap

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Coxon%20sprints%20into%20the%20lead%20at%20the%20start!

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 David%20Sabre%20(20)%20passes%20Coxon%20for%20the%20lead%20on%20lap%2012

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Eventual%20winner%20Petr%20Hlavac%20(18)%20just%20misses%20a%20multi-car%20wreck%20on%20lap%2027

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 McLaren%20works%20driver%20Alan%20Forster%20(7)%20briefly%20leads%20on%20lap%2033

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Jacob%20Fredriksson%20(14)%20dices%20with%20local%20favorite%20and%20points%20leader%20Dana%20Schurer%20(86)%20on%20lap%2078

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 With%2010%20laps%20to%20go,%20Hlavac%20leads%20Coxon%20and%20Fredriksson

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Jukka%20Maattanen%20(2)%20finishes%20close%20enough%20to%20Schurer%20to%20keep%20the%20championship%20chase%20alive!
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2016 - 18:53

Quote :
Jukka Maattanen (2) finishes close enough to Schurer to keep the championship chase alive!

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Dana for winning the championship :champ: :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)   Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Trenton (Nov 20th)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next