Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)

Go down 
+32
Bob Wilson
Simon Wattman
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Richard Coxon
Florkin Marc
Konstantin Zubov
Yves Plaçais
Raymond Riddall
Vincent Beretta
Emmanuel Haas
Miroslav Havlík
Petr Hlavac
Cláudio Augusto
David Sabre
Matthias Weber
Martin Lacina
Raul Jereb
Gérard Ryon
Didier Conjeaud
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jacob Fredriksson
Jan Kowalski
James Knowles
Dana Schurer
Jason Fitch
Michal Janak
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Jason White
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:35

I'm giddy watching this battle.  bounce Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:36

David Sabre wrote:
Who are you putting your money on to finish in front Greg or Petr ?

My money is on Greg simply because of his raw speed.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:37

Greg, because of the track config. He will have a shot at a slipstream move before last turn. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:37

Jason White wrote:
I'm giddy watching this battle.  bounce Shocked

This and the one between Dana and Jan at Hockenheim are gems Cool
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:38

Come Petr, my money is on you. Greg will wear his tyres.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:42

This is the best battle of the year thus far  :top:  Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:42

That was not the result I was hoping for. I qualified half a second off my PB, but I'd have only gained two places with that so I could live with it.

My getaway was a good one, but I lost time performing a slalom around the car in front. Once the faster guys had regained the front I found a sparring partner in Matthias Weber, and later Mick Chapman. The Ferrari had a turning circle similar to a bus but running very little wing meant nothing could touch it on the straights. It was a good fight, until someone ran wide into me at the Bosch Kurve and took out my rear wing and suspension. The wing was repairable, but my pitcrew was obviously eager to go home early after Richard's retirement so they sent me out with a bent wheel and I gave up. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:51

Epic race!  Great job everyone! ANTHEMS NOW

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:53

Well done Gerard, Dana & Jan. :clap:
and all of the finishers.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 21:56

Jason White wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
Yep, great live coverage again. :top:
We can all watch.

Great job by all involved.  Pascal's broadcasting debut Smile

Heh-heh, I hope you guys liked my commentary next to Richard Wilks' Wink
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:00

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Heh-heh, I hope you guys liked my commentary next to Richard Wilks' Wink
It was good for me. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:10

Results and points are up, screenies to follow

Great job everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:15

Came lat home and didnt have enough time to tune FF settings , so Q i started little nervous, many bad laps, then finaly like usualy in last miutes i did my personal best . but it was not too fast at all

I forgot to test race setup and on formation lap my engine temp went to 110 grade celsius. Start was ugly, the lights was little surprize to me so evrybody moved a seconds before me, lost many positions but later it was maybe the thing which helped me to stay in race, I was in contact with other drivers only for few laps then just alone and by vulture tactics i gain some positions

it was a race of many new things for me, New racing machine (6 year old MB instead of 11, better CPU) so finaly FPS never dropped under 60 (VSync ON)
new FF setting and finaly new car , only afraid to the end of race after Disco in Q session
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:16

:first: La course parfaite.Je redoutais le départ,et la chicane,mais je suis passer en premier et puis se fut la calvacade :yaa: Un seul incident,mon écran c'est figé une demi seconde dans la chicane. :slurp:
Bravo a tous,grille complète. :top: Merçi a la retransmission en direct et aux commentateurs.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:18

Great fight between Greg and Petr. Could watch it some time while on track. I had no grip during the whole race and saved tyres for the end. But i couldnt improve my times in the end, so 8th would have been the maximum. I crashed on lap 50, so it was 11th in the end.
Hopefully Zandvoort will suit the Tyrrell.

Thanks for the coverage :hello: (Richard, Pascal and Ben)
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:30

grosse déception au niveau du résultat . apres le tour de formation , et comme a chaque depart , je coupe mon moteur pour ne pas qu il surchauffe et lorsque le 1 er feu rouge s allume je le redemarre ce qui prend 2 à 3 bonne secondes . mais ce soir pas de chance la procedure des feux de départ  etait differente scratch  les 5 feux se sont allumés d un coup puis éteints ... donc le temps que mon moteur démarre et que je m élance je me retrouve en fin de peloton et la Mick Chapman ( dont apparemment les récommandations de prudence  et de grande vigilance au 1 er virage ne font pas partie de son vocabulaire ) ,
vient me DEFONCER par derriere et m envoie dans la glissiere de sécurité

bilan : volant avec un angle de 45 degres vers la droite toute la course / suspensions arriere gauche et aileron arriere jaune / et suspension arriere droite rouge Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  
voiture ultra instable et quasiment incontrolable dans chaque virage Crying or Very sad

grosse bagarre avec Petr toute la course , j espere au moins que j aurai apporté du fun et du plaisir aux téléspectateurs  avec mon attaque de tous les instants  malgré mes problemes .

see ya next time , well done all finishers
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:34

Having had a few weeks break from racing sure did help my motivation and driving. Had a bit too much lately, I suppose, so putting away the wheel wasn't a bad thing at all.

So back at Austria, I went back into my now trusted Martini, I like the track and well, here we go. In the meantime I know what the car lacks and that is downforce. At this rather fast track, I had my best laptimes with full wings, so something in that department seems to be wrong, but I did better than good old René back in 1978 and put the car on the 23th spot with a few guys still behind me. There was still half a second in the car, but I failed gaining another grid spot buy less than 5/100 of a second. But I just couldn't get the last corner right after my last setup change and I got stuck where I was.

I had a pretty good reaction time on the start, unlike the guys around me, was 18th getting into the chicane for the first time, getting out of the same the second time, I was even in 12th for a short time, navigating around all the havoc in front of me, but I knew that'll only be a short moment of glory for me, and so it was, people passed me left and right. Then I tried to consolidate my pace, but exiting the last corner on lap 4 or 5, my rear went a bit wide and the car turned into the inside of the track. Annoying but nothing problematic - if it wasn't for the invisible wall. My front right suspension was damaged, but I didn't realise my tire was gone until I tried to break for the chicane again. Drats! I slowly limped back to the pits, lost a lot of time and a lap in the pits, came back second to last, then David tried to overtake me before the chicane while I was still struggling with cold tires and spun out, a few moments later the had to leave the race, so I was the last car racing. Tried to chase down James Knowles, he left the race soon thereafter. And so it went on, I was a lap behind my next competitor, every now and then someone had to abandon the race and I gained another position, while I did my best to maintain a steady pace and not get into the way of the faster cars. I had a spin and got astray two or three times, but otherwise, it was pretty unspectacular. Degrading tires emphasised the perils of my setup - corner entry understeer and oversteer under acceleration. Towards the end, I had a peek at my fuel and how many laps the lead still had to go. Just one more lap. One lap of fuel left. Perfect...

...NOT! Gerard was not in front of me, as I thought, but behind me, so I would have to go 2 more laps. Well, there was not much to lose anyways, so I let pass a couple of cars behind me and took the checkered flag right behind Gerard in 12th. I don't know if it would have made a difference and I would have gotten Jan's position if I had fuel for another lap. But I sure had worse races than the one I drove today Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 22:38

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 23:32

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1143
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2016 - 23:41

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
Vraiment désolé Yves, j'aurais préféré ne pas être ton bourreau... Je ne voulais que te suivre et malheureusement j'ai pas freiné assez vite pour t'éviter... Pardon.Embarassed

Bah, t'inquiètes pas, Phil, j'ai employé le terme suppo un peu exagérément, même si le résultat est le même. Car si j'ai senti un choc léger, jamais je n'aurai pensé que tout l'aileron s'était fait la malle. C'est quand j'ai fini mon tête à queue que j'ai halluciné de voir qu'il n'était plus là !

Surtout déçu, comme je l'indiquais, d'avoir passé beaucoup de temps à bien préparer la "rentrée" et de ne pas avoir pu profiter d'une belle course sur ce toboggan !

Ma fin de saison sera désormais des plus dillettantes ! :frank:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2016 - 8:53

Two points:
First - thank you for all the praise for me and Greg. It's nice to see that it was entertaining for spectators, too Wink
Second - now i know how it feels to be passed by a car with that damned DRS on :D

I got super drunk on Saturday/Sunday, the party lasted till 6am, then i had to survive a family visit in the afternoon, had a nap, got up for the start of Indycars at Watking Glen (Kimball is an asshole!!! Evil or Very Mad ) and came to Austria with a horrible hangover.

I didn't practice much and never drove with other cars around me, which proved to be a big mistake. My Williams handled nicely, as usually. Unfortunately, it was painfully slow in straight line, as you all noticed  Wink  Maybe a few clicks to decrease downforce would help. On the other hand, i knew this track gives wing cars a huge advantage and all i wanted was to feel safe, bring it to the finish and hopefully steal a point. Well, things played out differently  Cool

I threw away some two tenths in the qualifying, but i wouldn't be any better than 12th, anyway. My start was pretty bad, but soon i was on P8 with championship points in sight. Obviously, the fight with Greg was the highlight of my race. It was clear that i can pass him at several spots around the track, but no matter how hard i tried, he always stormed around on the next straight as if he had DRS on. The only way to get ahead was to push non-stop and hope for Greg's mistake. Instead, i had two big moments myself. Both in the infield, one very nearly sent me to the armco just like what happened to Richard Coxon, the other one when i licked the grass with my right rear wheel entering the first lefthander and got me into a huge slide, saving it with full opposite lock at nearly 200kmh. To my surprise, Greg also did make a small mistake exiting Hella Licht. At that point, i believed that i might be able to stay ahead. Unfortunately, he was back in a few laps again. Towards the end, i spun while avoiding him in the chicane. It was nice to see him waiting, on the other hand, i've had enough of the cat/mouse game at that point. The fighting and pulling impossible passes was a lot of fun, but i was glad to see the checkered flag. With P5, these are probably the most deserved two points in my life.

Grats to Gerard, he obviously didn't put a wheel wrong, the same for Dana. Respect to Greg for driving that badly damaged car and still having such fight with me.

And one more thing - i have to admit that Pascal isn't the most favorite driver of mine, but his performance in the booth was awesome. Great to see you involved with HSO, even if you could disappear in anger and never show up again. It's a pleasure to listen to your commentary, thanks again  :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2016 - 15:23

This series really takes a lot out of you...

I have never been a fan of Österreichring, even less so after having tried to bring the M26 to its senses, the car was very nervous from the mid-corner to exit of the turns but I felt that I at least had some kind of predictability to it so went into the race with hope of finishing.

Then my brother invited me to his place for a birthday dinner which I surely couldn't miss (which was the reason I joined with only 1 minute left of Qually). So came in with much less driving than I am used to but the car felt exactly the same as the day before so it was all good.

The start went and I took it very cautiously knowing of the risk around the circuit and it came to be at Turn 1-2-3 where parts were flying around, came out of there 3rd last and had an uneasy feeling that it could be more trouble ahead so was sitting there being ready for anything and then I came into Turn 5 (the left kink before 6) and could see then allready that there were trouble ahead and began to slow down and saw an opening on the inside of the track.
Sadly by the time I got to the middle of the turn more people had gotten involved in the crash and the road was utterly and completely blocked. I was able to get the car to a standstill just in front of Phillipe but then came the heavy Renault and I understand completely that it wasn't going to be able to stop in time so just hoped that I wouldn't have a completely ruined car after the impact.

Came to a standstill on the inside grass and to my amazement the car was able to move so got going but felt that something was wrong but was hoping it was only a puncture.
Made it carefully into the pits but there found that I had lost the left rear wheel so race over there and then.

No-ones fault really, just a series of incidents that culminated in a massive crash, similar to a Daytona or the like, Oval crash...

Extremely dissapointed but s*** happens, onto the next one (which won't be better, just had a go at the circuit and damn it's bumpy (if we do use the GPC79 version of it) but you never know, miracles has happened before (Brands is an example for the M26) Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2016 - 19:03

First race with the Surtees - and what to say? scratch

Car felt better that anything i've driven before in this mod, but my times were "impressive" - in the negative way lol!

Had a great start from P19 to P10, and would have been even better if Michal Janak could have moved a little bit instead of stalling on the green lights :langue:

I saw Ray running really slow but "secure" off line in the Bosch Kurve, never imagined that such a huge pileup happened later with that many cars affraid

I had a great fight with Juha, i think almost the same thing like Greg an Petr. I also had the same problems like Petr with no chance to stay ahead on the straights.
Sadly Mick touched Juha in the Bosch Kurve behind me, and from there on my race was very lonely.

Good work of the Top3 (without a lot of "on-air" time) and to the fight of the year between Greg an Petr!
:clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2016 - 18:20

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Ma fin de saison sera désormais des plus dillettantes ! :frank:

Etant déjà moi-même en mode dilettante pour avoir subi les mêmes problèmes que Yves au Ricard et à Brands Hatch.......j'avais "préparé" cette course à minima justement :-)

Mais comme l'auto est de loin la meilleure j'ai pu, grâce à elle, faire une bonne qualif.

Malheureusement et comme d'hab, en premier lieu je rate mes départs (beaucoup de mal à gérer le patinage....si vous avez un truc je suis preneur), et en second lieu mes 10 -15 premiers tours sont souvent très lents parce que j'ai du mal à m'adapter à une auto très lourde et aux pneus durs (c'est vrai que si je roulais un peu en training dans cette config avec un set plus adapté ça serait mieux :-)... c'est de ma faute bien sur)

Donc en Autriche le scénario fut le même à part que personne ne m'a viré dans la première chicane du premier tour, ce qui m'a permis de me régaler toute la course avec cette fantastique Lotus, de "ramarrer" un peu le groupe de tête dans le dernier tiers de la course, de faire le troisième temps en course, de finir dans le tour du leader (bravo Gérard !), et même de croire un moment que j'allais attraper des points....Il s'en ait fallu de peu !

7eme au final avec beaucoup de plaisir......je ne demande rien d'autre....même si je vais essayer de faire mieux d'ici la fin.

En moins dilettante si j'arrive à me motiver :-)

Merci au Live TV....Génial.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2016 - 18:40

Matthias Weber wrote:
First race with the Surtees - and what to say? scratch

Car felt better that anything i've driven before in this mod, but my times were "impressive" - in the negative way lol!

Had a great start from P19 to P10, and would have been even better if Michal Janak could have moved a little bit instead of stalling on the green lights :langue:

I saw Ray running really slow but "secure" off line in the Bosch Kurve, never imagined that such a huge pileup happened later with that many cars affraid

I had a great fight with Juha, i think almost the same thing like Greg an Petr. I also had the same problems like Petr with no chance to stay ahead on the straights.
Sadly Mick touched Juha in the Bosch Kurve behind me, and from there on my race was very lonely.

Good work of the Top3 (without a lot of "on-air" time) and to the fight of the year between Greg an Petr!
:clap:

can you send me setup to test the Surteese here ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)   Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Österreichring (Sep 4th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next