Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)

Go down 
+26
Grant Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Jan Titz
Abat Hernaez
Juha Bos
James Knowles
Dylan Canton
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Gérard Ryon
Dave Simmons
Matthias Weber
Michael Drechsler
Raymond Riddall
Philippe Martinelli
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Cláudio Augusto
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Dana Schurer
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:35

The broadcast that almost didn't happen pale   Best-laid OBS plans can go astray...

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 23:19

Great broadcast Richard and Jason! :top:

Grats Mr Coxon for the championship win. Wish I would not have been blocked from the server for the previous race, I might have kept it interesting through the final round. I was a threat for the win at the airport.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 23:23

Jason White wrote:
The broadcast that almost didn't happen pale   Best-laid OBS plans can go astray...

well, as always, mr.Wilks and mr.White really did a great coverage... somehow, you two start to remind me of some glorious tandems, such as: Cale/Reed, Lennon/McCartny, Jagger/Richards... etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 7:26

I wish I had a better race.. First turn trouble, eh? I don't know who turned me around there, but thank you for that. Then, a few laps later I lost my front bodywork in a fight with Philippe Martinelli and then after 18 laps I crashed after just letting Mike Becnel pass.. Good race for the winners anyways, I hope I can at least finish the next and last race of the DRM championship..
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 8:24

After my 24H nightmare this race was quite entertaining.

Pace was way off the other guys, only Dylan was struggling more with his rotary engine.

Start was fun for me, finding myself on P9 before the last hairpin, just to lose 6 Positions on the straight again :smil20:

I almost caught Richard at the end, but he gained the Podium spot. Congrats to winning the championship Richard, you made yourself a good birthday present :top: and happy Birthday by the way :D

Great coverage again, thanks for that! :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 11:35

Well....

Was hoping that the circuit would prove to suit the CK5 but it was sadly not to be.

Qualifying and with only proper race tires (hards) at my disposal I knew I'd struggle to keep up. Managed a pb by a few thousands so was happy with my effort but laying out of the top 10 was somewhat disappointing...

The bunching was called a tad bit late so I was going too fast when the green fell so held back for a moment remembering Ronnie Petersons crash.

Still had a jump and gained a position or 2 into T1 but then it all unraveled going through T2 and 3. Someone got spun ahead so checked up to give me time to avoid but those behind didn't know of the spin and I got nailed in the rear and careered into the spinning car, sorry to whoever it was.
Got going but then had to check up again in the last turn and then went to the power and the turbo spooked up faster than I anticipated and span.

Got back going and chased down the field and had a couple of nice fights along the way.
Don't think I'd have passed David had he not let me by, that De Cadenet sure files out of the turns :O

A 6th place was really good for the CK5 I feel and had a bit of fun. Just too bad it doesn't come with a 5 speed gearbox :aie:

See you all at Diepholz Smile
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 12:03

at richard

the physics are truly awesome
but you put out the most important thing the redline overreving isnt damage the engines anymore
only low radiators could you look into that pls

overall great job
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 13:32

Mike Becnel wrote:
Great broadcast Richard and Jason! :top:

Gotta agree here, was still pretty enjoyful to follow the broadcast, even though I had to abandon the race early. Had a laugh when I watched Dana and me spinning synchronized - and turning our cars around in almost perfect formation.

Though the 'Oh no!'s always remind me of this guy:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 16:26

Course très animée hier soir, dès le premier tour Raul me tamponne au freinage de l'épingle et m'envoie sur le rail... De la 3ème place je passe à la 17 ème...

Remonté à la 10 ème place c'est avec Pascal dans même épingle que je me suis accroché un peu plus tard... A nouveau tout à refaire, je me retrouve 17ème... Comme début de course on fait plus tranquille... Laughing

J'ai eu de la chance que ma voiture n'est pas été endommagée (sauf la carrosserie...) sur les deux accrochages et que c'est une super voiture cette Porsche... J'ai attaqué au maximum pour revenir en haut du classement et en une cinquantaine de tours je suis revenu à la 4 ème place. Ce qui me fait dire que j'aurais pu faire une meilleure place encore sans mes accrochages du début de course...

C'était une belle course, je bien apprécié la bagarre avec Gérard sur la fin, (merci à toi!) nos voitures glissaient beaucoup avec les pneus bien usés, c'était très sympa.

Merci et bravo pour le broadcast et l'organisation  :top:

A la prochaine  Wink
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 16:40

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
Course très animée hier soir, dès le premier tour Raul me tamponne au freinage de l'épingle et m'envoie sur le rail... De la 3ème place je passe à la 17 ème...

uh, Im very sorry for that.. I was not aware of that until I saw the replay. I thought I just licked you, but it looks much harder than I wished... I dont remember what exactly happend, but you were supprisingly slow, or maybe I was too fast Embarassed

Please, accept my appologies.
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 17:56

I want to say sorry to everyone, i was unable to race right properly with my car and it was a nightmare in all senses Embarassed .

ps: My engine was overheating with 0% grille tape, turbo 1, and low rev on up and downshifts. I really don't know if this happens because of the track, but i've no problems on the past races.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 19:13

François Remmen wrote:
at richard

the physics are truly awesome
but you put out the most important thing the redline overreving isnt damage the engines anymore
only low radiators could you look into that pls

overall great job

I dont know what you mean, i didn't change the engine life.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 19:26

Cláudio Augusto wrote:
I want to say sorry to everyone, i was unable to race right properly with my car and it was a nightmare in all senses  Embarassed .

ps: My engine was overheating with 0% grille tape, turbo 1, and low rev on up and downshifts. I really don't know if this happens because of the track, but i've no problems on the past races.

I will look into that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 19:49

So to further reply to Claudio, i didn't change the engines life or cooling, so i this was the work of the original modders. I guess they made that engine like that to replicate the poor reliability of that car in real life. I suppose in tracks with less full throttle periods it just wasn't as noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 20:44

Richard Wilks wrote:
So to further reply to Claudio, i didn't change the engines life or cooling, so i this was the work of the original modders. I guess they made that engine like that to replicate the poor reliability of that car in real life. I suppose in tracks with less full throttle periods it just wasn't as noticeable.

There are tracks with long full throttle periods, but at higher speeds (Hockenheim, Avus) where it was not evident, so maybe the problem is in the engine cooling side?
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 20:54

Thanks Richard Smile

Maybe it's the track, or the configs. I've never used even turbo 2 on the race pace, pretty much because of the fuel consumption, it's always turbo 1 to finish the race without a pitstop. Maybe with a higher turbo configuration the car will show overheating problems during the race, but at least, it's only a possibility. I just felt strange that in this race, the engine overheats even in a "easy pace".
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 20:56

Well like i said, i didn't change the engine cooling on this engine scratch but yes, it can be the track, i am not sure if the next track is better or worse for this, but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 22:34

If it makes any difference, the CK5 was also struggling with overheating issues.

Tried to run with 10% grill tape and it would overheat on the end of the straight after 3-4 laps so it is very likely due to the circuit, especially the fact that we had to use 1st gear a lot and that there were long periods at relatively low speed (the lower the speed, I assume the less air goes in to cool the engine and with it being full throttle it burns a lot of fuel with a lack of air, cuasing the additional heat and wear).

But it was noticable in the CK5 as well and it has never occured before, on any circuit...
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2016 - 22:35

forget what i said its fine ( i just tested a 24h engine spec car which is ofcourse much stronger then a gp engine Wink

reading the other comments its very good engines get hot with higher wings driving slow tracks
remind of the same aproach we used at our 91he mod

its perfect! :top: :top: :top:
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2016 - 23:03

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
If it makes any difference, the CK5 was also struggling with overheating issues.

Tried to run with 10% grill tape and it would overheat on the end of the straight after 3-4 laps so it is very likely due to the circuit, especially the fact that we had to use 1st gear a lot and that there were long periods at relatively low speed (the lower the speed, I assume the less air goes in to cool the engine and with it being full throttle it burns a lot of fuel with a lack of air, cuasing the additional heat and wear).

But it was noticable in the CK5 as well and it has never occured before, on any circuit...

I can support that.

I cant tell now if my crash and spin contributed to my engine overheating or it was some other undiagnosed issue. But in qualifying the engine would definitely overhead after 4 laps on the main straight with minial grille tape. Not happened anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3