Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)

Go down 
+26
Grant Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Jan Titz
Abat Hernaez
Juha Bos
James Knowles
Dylan Canton
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Gérard Ryon
Dave Simmons
Matthias Weber
Michael Drechsler
Raymond Riddall
Philippe Martinelli
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Cláudio Augusto
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Dana Schurer
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 13:07

Damned work conference that day...... Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 14:39

In case any of you missed it, the #15 Porsche 936C is free for this round
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 18:51

I'll claim the 936 please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 18:57

Juha Bos wrote:
I'll claim the 936 please.

Ok
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 22:03

Present :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2016 - 22:58

If Martin is away tomorrow can I take the second #63 Alba-Giannini AR2 ?
Matthias will also drive so I can't take his Sthemo again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2016 - 23:24

Jan Titz wrote:
If Martin is away tomorrow can I take the second #63 Alba-Giannini AR2 ?
Matthias will also drive so I can't take his Sthemo again.

It's a safe bet Martin won't be there, so unless he shows, you can drive the second Alba.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 11:59

absent.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 13:24

Hi,

I have not raced with you guys before but would it be possible to use Yves Plaçais's Lancia for this race?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 13:47

Grant Riddall wrote:
Hi,

I have not raced with you guys before but would it be possible to use Yves Plaçais's Lancia for this race?

Thanks

Ok
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 14:10

absent
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 14:14

Hi all,
I could use a small tip for tyres...

Is there a corelation with pressure/wear, and if so (I guess there is), in which way... Im just trying to figure it out, but Im not able to make a coclusion becose of too small effects while changing the pressure.

Im using GID, and there is a nice symbol when tyres get like baloons, I guess its to hight pressure then, so I put it in order not to go there, but I just cant figure are tyres waring more when lower on pressure...

thanks
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 15:32

I will not be able to be :smil20:

No voy a poder estar. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 16:11

Not present for this race
the car is free
good race

Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:31

Jose Berenguer wrote:
I will not be able to be :smil20:

No voy a poder estar.   :smil20:

Man, you finishied the 24H in le Mans, so this should be peanuts for you :D

I'll be there with my sthemo
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 20:30

Got pinched on the inside into T1 Lap 1 and may have tagged Ryon's rear as a result. Then got caught up in someone elses accident in the chicane and damaged suspension, pushed too hard to get passed the C2's and spun, damaging the engine, didn't want to cause a smoke screen so went round at 80% incase of crashes/retirements to pick up a couple of places etc, However i felt i was in the way as p4 spun at the last hairpin as i out braked myself on the inside, however looking at the replay afterwards i dont think i was responsible for the spin and in hindsight could have carried on. Oh well hobbled car anyway.. see u in the next 1
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 20:56

What a letdown. Had some freak spin approaching Grundig turn, which sent me hard into the barrier, ripping off my front. Went to the pits, realised to late I was getting topped up with fuel, and also to late my engine temperature was rising. When I left the pits, it didn't take long and my engine died. Till then, I had a mostly fun race, feeling pretty comfortable with the Zakspeed, though I had a spin of my own, and a second one trying to avoid Dana, but was closing in on Juha Bos again, but well, it wasn't to be. DRM and me is not a love story so far... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:17

I was wondering where you went, you were about to catch me.

My start was good, got up to 4th and ran 5-6th for half the race. I then spun in a clumsy way and damaged the front. After that accident I had a load of understeer and I couldn't even pass the C2 cars. I was still in 8th with 5 laps to go when I hit a wall and punctured. The race finished while the Joest crew were still fixing my car in the pits, obviously not in a hurry. :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:19

not the most fun race...

forgot to apply my set up after trying to get the virtual mirror working (which i didn't get to work, it was all a waste) :doh:
i had a lack of everything except weight and fuel... so i just been a rolling roadblock for the whole race

sorry for anyone who i held up.... better luck next time i guess
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:24

:first: :champ: :banane:

I was pretty much prepared to accept 3rd as Mr Riddal and Raul had me by a lot lap time wise. Was surprised to take the lead at the start. Mr Riddal promptly relieved me of that early lead professionally and without any doubt. Then Raul caught me and in the process of disposing of me lost control and collected me slightly. I hit the wall before the pits pretty hard. I am not sure but I think it damaged something related to the brake cooling as I had massive brake fade at race end and never had the issue in test runs. The fade came quick. Car was yellow on both sides. Raul lost it at the end of the straight, I am pretty sure I touched him when he lost it (after he lost it) but not entirely sure.

Mr Riddal seems to have succumbed to the RR 100+ degree tire blight and spun bad out of the first 180. I had the lead at that point and kept looking back the whole freaking race. Mr Riddal was catching at mach II and pretty much would have killed me politely had something not happened to him. I did not see it. Once my brakes really got unbalanced Raul really caught up a lot of time. I tried a new braking line (inside out vs outside in) and it helped by about .3 sec per lap. Thank God as Raul was definitely going to kill me. I have to guess just as he caught me his RR hit 100 again and he backed off. I took the last 2 laps very easy and was relieved it was over. I was dead meat if it lasted 5 more.

Great driving by all cars when overtaking. Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 3108518133 Great field.

Still surprised I won.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:28

Grats Mike, nice -and deserved win :clap: Like good wine, age just makes you better :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:47

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Grats Mike, nice -and deserved win :clap: Like good wine, age just makes you better :top:

:hello: Thank you sir!

Speaking of wine...I need some of that. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:26

Results and points are up :flag:

Congrats to Mike and David for their class wins, and congrats to Richard -- 1983 DRM Champion :D
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:29

Well, Mike acctually said it all.

At first I though were gonna be dusted away by Mr. Ridall Jr, but when I saw battling him with Mike I started to hope I have a chance..
I was confused a lot with some Mikes light blending, and even Im not aware of pushing him into the wall, I supposed it was something I did, so I let him regain his position. After that, there was a mess in T1, and I dont know what happend, but its the beauty of 180degree turns in swarms..

What hit me harder than that is mr. Florkin Mark. I dont want to debate, nor to press down complains to admins, but please mr. Mark, do be more carefull next race, it is really not nice to be bloked and yet pushed as we were fighting for a position.. I understand loosing control over a car (Im doing it all the time), but not slowing down faster cars should be more present with you.

Finaly, a 2nd place is better than I though after first few laps, but again, that feeling I missed the win by a hair gives me some tics...

Great fun, thank you all!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:33

Jason White wrote:
Results and points are up  :flag:
I regret that pitstop now, there goes my 100% finish rate for not crossing the line. Someone fire the mechanics. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)   Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Norisring (Jun 26th)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next