Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)

Go down 
+34
Ben Paulet
Glenn Corliss
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
Claudio Navonne
Scott Urick
Arturo Pereira
Jonatan Acerclinth
Gérard Ryon
Richard Wilks
Petr Hlavac
Michal Janak
Jukka Närhi
Raymond Riddall
Peter Blom
Lee Simpson
Yves Plaçais
Juha Bos
Ludovic Tiengou
François Remmen
Mick Chapman
James Knowles
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Martin Lacina
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jason Fitch
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:00

How did I run out of fuel :doh:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:01

Meh, not much joy for me this time around.
Had a good start, could gain some positions, had to trade them again, then had a pretty nice battle with Ludovic Tiengou and Michal Janak, but a few laps before my first scheduled stop, I spun out in T1. Hit nothing, just when pulling back to rejoin, I slightly hit the inner wall. I brought forward my first stop and went on. Second stint was good and I could make up some ground on other non-Offy cars in front of me. Jonathan Acerclinth went off when I was about two seconds behind him. But I touched the walls twice slightly around lap 60, though nothing serious. Second stop around lap 80, stop was good, back to track, had my competition still within extended sight, but the car was still quite a handful to drive with full tanks, and that caught me in lap 86, when I brushed the wall and blew the right rear tire. Luckily I could limp back to the pits, bit repair service, two laps lost and last of the running cars. Great, I had a different idea of my evening. Didn't took long and I could pass Claudio Navonne, but I was about a lap behind Lee Simpson. But soon, he had to pit too and I was then able to pass him too. Towards the end of my stint, I was closing in on Jakob Fredriksson and Ludovic or Richard Wilks?. I already had them ahead of me but I had to pit. I took a quick sip of water while the pitcrew was busy, and got a bit nervous, cos I couldn't fit the lid on the bottly properly, so I tried hard to get out of the pit, but unfortunately, a bit to hard. There went my engine. Barnacles! Sad

Well, better luck at Milwaukee, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:11

Oh well, was good while it lasted Sad

Was being lapped by a string of cars on lap 76 or 77 when I didn't see a 3rd car of Jan in the line and squeezed him in 2. I didn't notice any contact (saw on the broadcast we did touch) so thought all was well.
Noticed the car was somewhat loose so took it a bit easier on the following turns but seemed to be good to go.

Came to the middle of one and began to exit the turn when it suddenly snapped sideways, something that's not happened since before I was given help with the setup so clearly the contact must have damaged my left rear. Was unable to save it and flew into the barrier on the inside.
Big sorry to the 2 guys following me, pressed escape but it wouldn't eject me off the track until I was stationary pale

I hope your car is ok Jan.

I'm so disappointed right now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:31

too sad race for me, i was too afraid after start and nerved after 2 restarts so i gave my positions and then started pick the pace later, same oponents i got easy but some nearly 1s slower on laptimes were too hard to overtake, then samoone who was lap before me didn get easy and lost too much time for battle for position with nearest competitor, and finaly on 4th stop didnt saw that there is no fuel add (4th pits are not in setup) and lost whole 1 lap and then was no chance to gain another position
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:36

Congratulations to everyone...Great race, I watched the whole race and the racing was fantastic..Way to go with that Kingfish Offy Jan!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:37

Apart from an early scrap with David and the all too short fight with Jason, the race was rather uneventful for me, especially the second half I had nobody to run with. The car handled well and got the top 10 finish I was aiming for; fifth place might have been possible had I been less conservative with the car but I felt a little less points is better than no points.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:39

Well, i think i couldnt have done any better. Best Offy, inside top 10, even beat some offy boys, i guess things can only get better now!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:40

Sorry about input problems with my wheel at the start. I can't switch gears. scratch
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:40

Great win :first:

Never believed I could win this because I only qualified 6th. The race went really well, had a good start, overtook some cars but A. Forster was already 10 secs in front, no clue how he did that? He pitted early so must have been low fuel set scratch

Had no real problems with backmarkers, like Senna used to do I went true it like butter..sorry if I scared somebody on lap 58 :rigol:

@Mike Becnel very sorry I did not saw you coming in at the 2nd pitstop, seems you did not lose any considerate time there?

Thanx HSO admins and Jason White in particular for organizing these events..it's so close to the real stuff! You all earn a :first:

2 hours 44 minutes race...gratz all finishers!!!

Technical info: All race long I used 3rd gear until 8900 rpm. Only for the last 22 laps I have used 4th gear just to prevent a possible engine problem. Radiator on 4...temp never went above 105 celsius.

@Scott actually the HSO admins waited for you when you first left the server, then you came back in but left for a second time right at the moment  the admin restarted the race!
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:46

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

i didnt notice any contact. No damages during the whole race.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:46

Congrats Peter, Dana and all the rest, great race. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:47

Michal Janak wrote:
and finaly on 4th stop didnt saw that there is no fuel add (4th pits are not in setup) and lost whole 1 lap and then was no chance to gain another position

Did the same mistake as you. It cost me a position. I was battling with Jacob quite all along the race and I was keeping him behind. Without that stupid mistake....well in fact won't have change a bit. I'll still finished out of the points.

Got a great first stint with a hard fought battle Mickael and Martin. The Chevy can't keep the pace of the Offy and barely the Foyt. But in corner it was great and the Eagle is very smooth. Finally the engine to suck methanol a bit less than the others. Could have done the race with a 4 pit stop apart for my stupid mistake :bangry: .
Second stint was really a boring one. I was alone all along. no great mistake. The car was as smooth as I could hope and never put me in danger.
The third was a nigthmare. I began to loss my concentration from time to time (bloody autistic mind). To worsen the picture my arthrosis waked up at half the race. I then made quite a few mistakes banging the wall; nearly loosing the rear a couple of time. I nearly crash the car when I was trying to relaxe my sours wrist and fingers. The only thing that kept me in the loop was the battle with Jacob. I knew he had to pit before me and I've to had a 40s gap with I pitted myself. Mission done...but damn pit crew management I forget to add fuel.
I finished damaging my front wing on a loose tyre (possibly from Glen's car).

I finished with a wounded but brave car. I finished broken and in pain. But I finished :flag: . I've done two third of my objectives there... being qualified, finishing the race. Only miss the final one : get the points.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:47

Well done to Peter :first: , Welcome to the club and you bring the trophy back to Europe again  :top: 

Well done to Dana :second: , i was hoping to challenge you, but i lost a lot of time behind Jason when we was battling (All fair and great fun  :drink:) and i never could really close the gap after that.

Well done to Ray  :third:, we had some fun battles, i was hoping you may have to pit again for a splash and dash but it wasn't to be.

Special mentions to Richard W, Great job on getting the Foyt engined car into the top 10  :champ:
Shame for Alberto as i'm sure you could have challenged for the win.
Shame for Mike too, it seems bad luck at Indy has found you again.
Alan Forster on getting pole, and then having some great pace, it seems your strategy let you down slightly though.

Well done to all finishers too, it was a long grueling race.

Congrats to Jason though for this fantastic event! Thanks to Ben for the excellent direction, a great job all round by the admins, and this event has made me realise even more how much i love this mod.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:53

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
and finaly on 4th stop didnt saw that there is no fuel add (4th pits are not in setup) and lost whole 1 lap and then was no chance to gain another position

Did the same mistake as you. It cost me a position. I was battling with Jacob quite all along the race and I was keeping him behind. Without that stupid mistake....well in fact won't have change a bit. I'll still finished out of the points.
This what happened to me also but I stupidly thought that I could squeeze another lap out of the fuel but no affraid . Such a bad feeling.

A great event all round, top job guys, I'll be back next year.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:56

Despite not having any pace, that was a great race! Thanks for hosting, and congrats to the podium finishers! Some very impressive performances, and I'm glad that I wasn't involved in any significant incidents. Just making 3 stops wasn't enough when the car is a second too slow on every lap, but glad to have finished like this.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 22:57

there was something weird at about 110th lap, i was driving mechanicaly or what, after cca 5 laps i asked me, " Hey where I get here and what i am here doing?!" maybe hypnotized by the walls and engine sound, no shifting , no gas leg movement
Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 23:00

Well, best of the full season runners ain't bad. :second:

A lonely race, overall, though. Racing on track was essentially over for me by the end of the first pit cycle so I dug in, aimed for consistent laps, and tried to minimize pit times. Other than some overly territorial traffic, it was smooth sailing.

A bit smoother than I like, though, so now I'm very much looking forward to the return of wheel-to-wheel running in Milwaukee. :yaa:

Well done to all finishers! :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 23:28

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

i didnt notice any contact. No damages during the whole race.
To be fair I couldn't see any damage on my car either nor did I notice we touched during the race, it was when I checked the replay after I went off that I saw that we had actually touched, probably my left rear to your main pod as you didn't notice any damage.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 23:30

@Peter - no loss at all on that pit. I just swung in wide as knew you wouod be coming out about when i got there. i had one extra lap of fuel just in case i had to abort to miss you. murphys law we were next to eaxh other!

Did I chat at exit? Was whispering to alberto. F me if I typoed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2016 - 23:50

Mike Becnel wrote:
Edited:

My results say it was Francois R that I hit. Now that will sit like a fart in church if so. All I know was it was red, broke and not hitting $%^^&ing escape. Francois was it you?? Replay soon...

Bumped...I think I misidentified who I mated with at high speed. Francois?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 0:05

yeah was me top 10 gone and a podium for you waisted for both pig

the car suddenly lost it under low fuel 1 lap before my final full pitstop and tapped the wall
then i got hit by i dont know who and wanted to get the hell out of there to the inside for pitting cause the car was still good for pit repair  but then in a blink i got hit again think must be you then, i pressed in all panic f1  key instead of esc but was too late.

before all that it was a very nice CLEAN race with good racing by all
some hariy moments but he thats racing

next year new try
congrats Peter, this month belong to the Dutch!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 0:10

François Remmen wrote:
yeah was me top 10 gone and a podium for you waisted for both pig

the car suddenly lost it under low fuel 1 lap before my final full pitstop and tapped the wall
then i got hit by i dont know who and wanted to get the hell out of there to the inside for pitting cause the car was still good for pit repair  but then in a blink i got hit again think must be you then, i pressed in all panic f1  key instead of esc but was too late.

before all that it was a very nice CLEAN race with good racing by all
some hariy moments but he thats racing

next year new try

So you knowingly out of control steered across the track hitting two cars in the process ending my day. You were foolish and should pay. You could have steered to stay against the wall and nobody would have hit you. Instead you hit two people. All May long you have been accusing others of every incident you were involved in. I am sickened it was you who took me out. Stupid performance and there can be NO excuse. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I had 2nd or 3rd in the bag.

Sorry Pascal L for thinking it was you.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 0:14

Results up
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 0:23

think watch the replay cause i didnt move across the track i was a sitting duck and if i remember correctly i saw a car comming to me(you) i pressed per accident f1 key instead of esc
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 0:25

François Remmen wrote:
think watch the replay cause i didnt move across the track i was a sitting duck and if i remember correctly i saw a car comming to me(you)  i pressed per accident f1 key instead of esc

I watched the replay sir. You were up against the wall going backwards with your wheel cut to the right which steered you into one minor contact, you kept the wheels turned right and continued across the track and got me. For the love of God Francois at least admit when you $%^& up. Did you forget you said above you were headed for the pits? Sure enough your wheel direction confirmed it!!

I'll let Jason/others sort you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next