Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)

Go down 
+22
Florkin Marc
Jan Titz
Philippe Martinelli
Pascal Le pihive
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Dylan Canton
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
Matthias Weber
James Knowles
Cláudio Augusto
Dave Simmons
Michael Drechsler
Mike Becnel
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Jason Fitch
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2016 - 22:08

Jason White wrote:
Try switching to another mod, backing out of Rfactor, and then switching to VirtuaLM again.
If you start the game with VirtuaLM already engaged, it can cause issues like this.

This did the trick Jason...thanks... :clap:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:05

Is there some available car for tonight? The GCJ class looks rather empty... Wink
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:07

The lapping frequency will be very high today. So please everyone who is aware that you aren't among the fastest cars on track... please pay attention to your mirrors, be courteous, don't be erratic!

Hoping this race will be decided fairly, not through lapping attrition! Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:46

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Is there some available car for tonight? The GCJ class looks rather empty... Wink  

Martin will likely not show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:53

Neither will Ivan Daniel in the BF Goodrich Lola.  :frank:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:56

Okay, I will give at a try and if the owner shows up, i will hand over the keys, open the bottle and watch Indycars at Barber's Motorsport Park instead. Is it fine?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:57

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Okay, I will give at a try and if the owner shows up, i will hand over the keys, open the bottle and watch Indycars at Barbers'Motorsport Park instead. Is it fine?

:top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 20:13

Wow great... Not even a bad race, I like the car in combination with the track but lap 7 got me AGAIN! What's it about getting lapped in the Nordkurve? Like, can't you guys wait for the start-finish straight? Thanks whoever tried to lap me, my engine died when you hit my back!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 20:23

Awesome, ruined my race in the last 10 minutes of quali, when I came up with the grand idea of disassembling my pedals to give them a shot of contact spray. Wisely I did something wrong when reassembling them, and now I was stuck with the throttle always slightly open, but at the same time not able to fully open. That got me wide on lap 1, turn 1 and right into the barrier, which damaged my suspension. That worked for a while, but then, being a bit too careful, I went to far to the right in the righthander after the chicane, and hit the barrier hard.

Not that I didn't know that my brakes sometimes act up and are slightly engaged, which can cost up to 20 kph, but yeah, could have fixed that earlier. Gosh, I'm so mad at my stupidity, cos the car wasn't all that bad when everything worked well :doh:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 20:44

Had some graphic issues and lags from qualifying on, so in race i missed the pack at the front when we reached the last turns. I´ll have a look into it.
I made some good laps in the beginning. Only with turn 1 i had some problems because there i had the biggest lags. I was in 2nd when i had to avoid a car spinning, so i went onto the grass and rejoined the track at Nordkurve. I spun there and lost it complety. When i tried to rejoined the track i had too much wheel spin and hit the wall.

See you at Paul Ricard circuit :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:01

Désolé Pascal, j'allais trop vite et mon freinage n'a pas été efficace, je ne savais pas que tu étais premier, en plus Mike me doublais et j'essayai de le laisser passer, confusion de ma part
Cela ne changera pas la course , méa culpa , je m'en veux

Marcus Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:03

Evidemment tres remonte après Florkin :grrr: :urgence:
Rien a faire en piste ce gars la Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 1623587389  :conduit:
je perd la deuxieme place du championnat grace à lui :top:  :grrr:
Quand on est a cinq tours , on encadre pas le 5eme et accessoirement le leader de la categorie bis

Je demande aux instances officiels  lol!
De sanctionner  :regl:  :cowboy2:

Je perds toute chance de raccrocher Richard, dans cette agression affraid
Encore Merci Mark d 'ètre venu.........un plaisir Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:05

I wasn't being scored all race, for some reason. But I know I finished ahead of Yves, 4th I believe.

Kept clean, knew my car and did good in traffic. No real problems except finding a certain Rothmans Porsche in the middle of the road 1 or 2 times too many. Same with a Martini Lancia upside down that should have pressed ESC way earlier.

Short track racing Group C style, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:08

:first: :champ:

A bit of a tarnished win though. Jose cut across me in turn 1 lap 2 while warping all over. It appeared he lost traction right in front of me. I don't feel lovely and am sorry about the contact (as he spun) but I had nowhere to go and on lap 1 I gave him the inside in the same situation reversed and he passed. Damn you caught up quick though. I thought you were going to catch back up.

For the rest of the race I was pacing Gerard. Every time he got below 5 sec gap I ran 4 and 5 boost off and on every 2 laps depending on traffic. Back down to 3 with a plus 5 second gap.

Lapped cars drove well in my opinion. Had some butt clenching moments but great recoveries when I saw them. I am afraid Marcus had a very ill handling Rothmans and had a hard time driving. I could see the rear breaking away every time he accelerated.

Grats to all finishers! Brutal traffic race!!!!

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:08

According to the timing Jacob, you should be in 5th, Yves finished in 56:15 and you finished in 56:17. Unless your time shows otherwise, we will have to go with what our server says.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:10

Richard Coxon wrote:
According to the timing Jacob, you should be in 5th, Yves finished in 56:15 and you finished in 56:17. Unless your time shows otherwise, we will have to go with what our server says.

Yves was a lap behind me then. We passed each other a few times, I passed him in the hairpin and then never saw him again. Mike lapped me once.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:11

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
Evidemment tres remonte après Florkin :grrr: :urgence:
Rien a faire en piste ce gars la Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 1623587389  :conduit:
je perd la deuxieme place du championnat grace à lui :top:  :grrr:
Quand on est a cinq tours , on encadre pas le 5eme et accessoirement le leader de la categorie bis

Je demande aux instances officiels  lol!
De sanctionner  :regl:  :cowboy2:

Je perds toute chance de raccrocher Richard, dans cette agression affraid
Encore Merci Mark d 'ètre venu.........un plaisir Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 3108518133

I saw it happen. I am pretty sure it was just nerves that caused the mistake by Marc. Marc, best thing to do would have been to back off and let me pass then reengage. You really nailed Pascal hard! "Holy Shit" was heard on my radio!!"

For those screaming about Marc, his car was a handful for some reason. He was breaking loose all over. I assure you nothing he did was intentional. I think he loaned me some paint once somewhere around turn 1 affraid

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

Yves was a lap behind me then. We passed each other a few times, I passed him in the hairpin and then never saw him again. Mike lapped me once.

I was wondering why you were so far down the order. At race end I backed off and did not pass you again as I figured you must have wrecked and gotten damage. Nice drive in that car. I drove it a bit and it was a massive handful for me!!

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:11

Since it was my first pole, I was so excited, and overheard the 1st gear screaming in T1 and here we go!!! cheers cheers cheers Spin --> P17 :regl:

After that few dings and dangs, my car was not up to its max speed, but within few laps I learned its behaviour, and managed to get 3rd... I had a nice duel with Gerard in closing laps, but worn tyres, and a lot of trafic made it heavy to defend that 2nd place whit such a rival...

Great race after all...

Edit: I now Im not here to preach you elders, but chating is really very distracting, and you all now that..
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:22

1- N'y aurait-il pas un problème avec la conso des Lancia ?
à chaque course, je suis obligé de finir avec la pression au mini, ralentir en laissant passant les leader pour faire un tour de moins.
Là, j'ai du tourner 5 secondes au tour durant les 10 derniers tours.

2- Sinon, Jan : je ne sais pas si tu as eu un problème au départ, mais ralentir un max pour prendre son élan plusieurs centaines de mètres avant le green flag en bloquant tout le monde derrière, c'est pas cool.

3- Pas cool, non plus, Pascal, de se défouler sur le chat en pleine course.

Gui, où est-tu ???

Les deux derniers éléments n'ont, à mon sens, pas le droit d'être vus chez HSO, et ça, ça me peine.

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Sun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:26

Embarassed

not back in time sorry guys forgot this one
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:27

It was unfortunate what happened to you Pascal, you were driving a great race.

But under no circumstance should you chat during a race session, you know the rules by now.

Well done on your win Mike.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:34

This was actually A LOT of fun Cool  I messed up exit from the hairpin, caused some hairy moments for others while trying to turn my car around. Otherwise it was a very nice race, i enjoyed being passed, it requires a lot of focus, i like it. I apologize for two or three moments towards the end of the race when i propably could let a Proto C car go by earlier, but i had to push really hard to pass Jan and Ray in the end. Summary: A brand new, interesting and enjoyable experience.

Thanks for letting me drive today, sorry to all who suffered by my presence at the track and grats to all, who survived :top:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:53

Pascal ,

je suis vraiment très confus , je pense que je ne vais pas dormir cette nuit !
affraid
Ce sera ma punition
:doh:
Tu ne méritais pas cela

J'espère que tu me pardonneras un jour...
:smil20:
Marcus
:papy
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:58

Results are up; we have edited the results to give Jacob Fredriksson credit for 4th place on the road.
Points to follow.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 22:01

I have no idea how it happened, sorry for the inconvenience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next