Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)

Go down 
+22
Florkin Marc
Jan Titz
Philippe Martinelli
Pascal Le pihive
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Dylan Canton
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
Matthias Weber
James Knowles
Cláudio Augusto
Dave Simmons
Michael Drechsler
Mike Becnel
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Jason Fitch
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 16:46

For the record, we did review the incident where Mikula turned into Martinelli's path.  Based on the visual evidence in the replay, it appears to be due to driver error, not an intentional move on his part. The De Cadenet is a very difficult car to drive, especially under braking, and if the driver does not downshift properly, a sudden loss of control, like the one that he apparently experienced, can occur.

If the action was voluntary, than yes, we could sanction Mikula, but it appears that he was simply caught out by the eccentricities of the car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:30

Mike Becnel wrote:
Philippe Martinelli wrote:
"Horrible en qualif" c'est de l'humour ou j'ai fais quelque chose de mal...?

Not you!! HIM (Pascal)!!!!! The guy who took you out!! I was relieved when Pascal retired. I was unhappy to see you retired as we were having a great battle. Your launch out of turn 1 on the outside was flawless. I could not match you on the inside. I planned to pass you in the final turn before the main straightaway. When we caught Pascal you will notice I backed off. Had I not both of us would have been taken out in the accident he caused.

Horrible in qualifying? Excuse me, but when I'm on a fast lap, do you think I leave my racing line to let you pass in the last turn, especially where the track gets so tight because of the pits? Also at least you're right with the physics! About every time I put the brakes on in the Nordkurve, the car pulled to the left! But even in qualifying, you hit me when I was doing a fast lap AND I was on the way of even gaining positions but OKAY it's all now because I'm suuuuuuuuuuuch a horrible driver.. I see where that is going, thanks but no thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:41

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Philippe Martinelli wrote:
"Horrible en qualif" c'est de l'humour ou j'ai fais quelque chose de mal...?

Not you!! HIM (Pascal)!!!!! The guy who took you out!! I was relieved when Pascal retired. I was unhappy to see you retired as we were having a great battle. Your launch out of turn 1 on the outside was flawless. I could not match you on the inside. I planned to pass you in the final turn before the main straightaway. When we caught Pascal you will notice I backed off. Had I not both of us would have been taken out in the accident he caused.

Horrible in qualifying? Excuse me, but when I'm on a fast lap, do you think I leave my racing line to let you pass in the last turn, especially where the track gets so tight because of the pits? Also at least you're right with the physics! About every time I put the brakes on in the Nordkurve, the car pulled to the left! But even in qualifying, you hit me when I was doing a fast lap AND I was on the way of even gaining positions but OKAY it's all now because I'm suuuuuuuuuuuch a horrible driver.. I see where that is going, thanks but no thanks!

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:43

Don't be offended Pascal, you are probably misunderstanding some of the comments. You are not slow or bad in car control, but you still lack experience and there is no shame in that Smile Nobody here is born with experience -some are with amazing talents, but nobody with experience. The DeCadenet is a horrible car, and all admins have agreeded that it was not your fault to lose control of it in those circumstances. If anything, you have maybe been too optimistic about the car's capabilities on some ocasions, but that is normal.

Look at the average age here and you will understand that people tend to have another vision of racing than you might have. Can you imagine what a league of teenagers is like? It's a massive embarassment on the track, because all are full of youth and exhuberance Smile You are welcomed to race here, you are different because you are young and I like seeing young people enjoy historic racing and becoming involved on it. But the other side of the coin is that you must watch and learn, don't let your enthusiasm get in the way. In some time I'm sure you will be a great guy to bang wheels with - but be patient. First rule here is: Enjoy your stay and ensure the others around you do.

Now on to train for the next race :conduit:

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:46

But I still want to spank you LOL Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 1623587389

I love your live streams. I have laughed my --- off at your reactions in some races.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:47

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Look at the average age here and you will understand that people tend to have another vision of racing than you might have. Can you imagine what a league of teenagers is like? It's a massive embarassment on the track, because all are full of youth and exhuberance  Smile You are welcomed to race here, you are different because you are young and I like seeing young people enjoy historic racing and becoming involved on it. But the other side of the coin is that you must watch and learn, don't let your enthusiasm get in the way. In some time I'm sure you will be a great guy to bang wheels with - but be patient. First rule here is: Enjoy your stay and ensure the others around you do.

Very nice words of wisdom! :clap:
Even, Im a little bit embaressed with my T1 victorious exit!
Now its a bit less painfull.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:49

I meant to tell you, Raul -- congrats on your first pole and your first fastest lap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:52

Jason White wrote:
I meant to tell you, Raul  -- congrats on your first pole and your first fastest lap Very Happy

Haha, OhNo Jason, thank you, youre very kind.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:54

Hi , as Jason said this track did not suit the 936, and I don't see it being competitive anywhere else , being caught and passed buy the junior class is a bit embarrassing especially through the last corner where this car turned into a horse drawn carriage with squeaking sound effects to boot lol! , seriously though I just want to race people and I can't in this car.

Well done Mike and poduim.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:54

Pascal suffered from the massive engine brake effect the mod seems to suffer there. I think the admins were right in their judgement. I also blame more the current physics then Pascal here, and we have been looking into it lately.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:55

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason White wrote:
I meant to tell you, Raul  -- congrats on your first pole and your first fastest lap Very Happy

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Mr.-Bill-Oh-No-T-Shirts

Need to get me one of these.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:56

You are from now on Jasohno White :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:57

My artistic side seemed to have caused the scoring glitch?! Anyway, I got this shot from the grid:

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 GRAB_314
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 19:07

Jason White wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Mr.-Bill-Oh-No-T-Shirts

Need to get me one of these.
I expect to see it in July Wink
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 19:10

Could admins suggest the Mainz-Finthen track download which is to be used for next race?
I need to practice T1 exits :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 20:21

Raul Jereb wrote:
Could admins suggest the Mainz-Finthen track download which is to be used for next race?
I need to practice T1 exits :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nobody practice for the next race yet. Per Richard above we are working on something. I call it an exorcism of snap oversteer demons. Legion is headed to the swine.
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 20:30

Hi, actually I've had very little time to prepare for the race, as I am very busy in some business finally finished next week and I think I can have a little more time.

About the race, I do not quite understand what happened, because when I reached Raul and were fighting I think for third place, a driver with a lost lap joined this fight. At first I thought he had not noticed, but overtaking Raul I touched him unintentionally, so I waited and returned him the position, and what was my surprise when the slow pilot also took the opportunity to pass me ... and from there began to behave shutting the door as if I were disputing the position to the point we hit that caused my retirement.

Is it right to contest the position when you have lost several laps with pilots who are disputing victory or podium?  Question  scratch

greetings, 10 to the organization and I hope the next best .... I go bye

Hola , la verdad que he tenido muy poco tiempo para preparar la carrera , ya que estoy muy liado en unos asuntos que por fin terminaran la semana que viene y creo que podre disponer de un poquito mas de tiempo.

Sobre la carrera , no entiendo bien lo que sucedió , ya que cuando me alcanzo Raul y estábamos luchando creo que por la tercera plaza, un piloto con vuelta perdida se unió a esta lucha , al principio pensé que no se había dado cuenta , pero en un adelantamiento a Raúl le di un pequeño toque sin querer , y mas adelante lo espere para devolverle la posición , y cual fue mi sorpresa cuando el piloto que comentaba antes doblado también aprovecho para pasarme y ... a partir de ahi empezo a comportarse cerrando huecos y demas como si me estuviera disputando la posición , hasta el punto que tuvimos un fuerte golpe el cual por sus consecuencias termino en mi accidente y posterior abandono
¿es correcto disputar la posición cuando llevas varias vueltas perdidas a pilotos que se están jugando la victoria o el podium?   Question  scratch

saludos , un 10 a la organización y espero que la próxima me vaya mejor....chao
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 20:40

Jose, he editado la parte de tu mensaje en inglés para que la traducción sea mas correcta, espero que no te importe. El piloto lento no podía hacer eso, ha recibido una sanción en la próxima carrera por el accidente.

Saludos

José I edited the english part of your message to make the translation more correct, I hope you dont mind. The slow driver could not do that, he got a penalty for next race for causing the accident.
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 21:02

Gracias Alberto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5