Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)

Go down 
+36
Andre Cunha
Greg Hunt
David Jaques
Ben Paulet
Alessio Campigotto
François Remmen
Dylan Canton
Richard Coxon
Philippe Martinelli
Jean-Marie Placais
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Didier Conjeaud
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Florkin Marc
Jason Fitch
Michal Janak
Vincent Beretta
Matthias Weber
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Le pihive
Glenn Corliss
Steve Parker
Martin Audran
Raul Jereb
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Roman Koranda
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dana Schurer
Mike Becnel
Jan Kowalski
Jason White
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 7:09

Great stuff!!! :clap:

so funny those colliding sounds lol!
and yeah i did repair the car but was undrivable so let her boil on purpose, more fashionable to go out like that :hihi:

Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 17:01

Magnifique vidéo

:top:

Marcus
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 17:22

Jason White wrote:
Check out this ROCKIN video of Round 2 by Emil Gersak!  Really high quality and nice editing!

bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2016 - 19:35

Stunning video!!!!!

And nice 1st Murrayism in the broadcast :top: Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2016 - 19:54

great video Emil :top:

great broadcast :top: and great organisation :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 11:55

A question about the driving of the car: scratch
The car drops out and escapes me in the downshift sometimes very violently affraid
I had try to modify setups but nothing make it scratch
Is something would have escaped to me?  lol!
Anyone has seen the same effects ? geek
If somebody have the solution I take, it is uncontrolled :top:
I had the same problem last year on USAC 1973 :doh:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 12:04

Your probably downshifting too quickly and its locking up the rear tires. I have the issue if I shift down too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 12:20

Perhaps your setting "Engine Break" is too low, so your rear tyres lock under braking if you downshift fast and not blip throttle.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 12:34

You need to blip the throttle during downshifts to avoid that. The revs needs to be synched with the downshift as the old gearboxes don't do that themselves. If you don't, the rear axle locks up.

Pascal, il faut donner un coup d'accélerateur quand tu descends une vitesse. Avec les vieilles boites de vitesses il faut resynchroniser les tours moteurs soi même à la descente d'un rapport sinon le train arrière se bloque.
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 12:36

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
A question about the driving of the car: scratch
The car drops out and escapes me in the downshift sometimes very violently affraid
I had try to modify setups but nothing make it scratch
Is something would have escaped to me?  lol!
Anyone has seen the same effects ? geek
If somebody have the solution I take, it is uncontrolled :top:
I had the same problem last year on USAC 1973 :doh:

like write Kowalski and on the top . But try higher rear slow rebound - this value make better brake force on starting braking , and You must controled time braking and downshifting. When You do very quickly downshifting You have very higher rpm and torque on a rear wheel. In simrace is praktique that when You started braking than You started downshifting. It´s bad. You watch video from this time. You must started braking and after some time You may started downshifting. And of course must have some delay between downshifting.
And. The set up gear is basic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscT6wQROnstutlBDDh6GYw
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 12:45

thx Richard, Guillaume, Emil and Jan :top: :top:
I had try different things slowly...quickly with the trothle it done particulary in bresil in the long left curve in the downshift on the fourth ( easy to redone each lap)scratch

perhaps too fine for me lol!

I will try higher rear slow rebound and retry with throttle

Thanks ALL
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 13:43

The advice is good but the problem is that it will also affect the handling of the car (More understeer).

In my opinion it is not recommendable to solve a driving tecnique problem by changing the car setup.

First of all you need to train to do as Guillaume said and blip the throttle when downshifting (As the real drivers do).

If that is not enough, the other thing you can do is increase engine braking and also differential coast side to get more stability when downshifting. This will however make the car turn more lazily in hairpins and very slow turns when off the throttle.

Please note that the real F1s from the 70s were a handful in slow corners. They had power oversteer because of the little aero grip, low weight and high torque, and that is why the used those huge donuts on the rear. But the downside was terminal understeer in the very slow corners. 

If you set up these F1s correctly, they will have marked slow speed understeer and you will need trail-braking and a slow turn entry plus power oversteer on exit to make it around hairpins. That is the reason why aggressive guys like Giles Villeneuve or Keke Rosberg were quick with them. These cars needed a brutal treatment to turn around tight corners.

Good luck :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7