Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)

Go down 
+23
finally gone :)
Roberto Mello
Jean-Marie Placais
Matthias Weber
Richard Wilks
David Jaques
Vincent Beretta
Cláudio Augusto
Lee Simpson
Philippe Martinelli
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Pascal Le pihive
Mathieu Leclerc
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Raul Jereb
Mike Becnel
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:31

Oh well, I guess my first technical failure had to come sometime!

I really like these races where strategy comes into play big time. My strategy worked out perfectly, if you ignore that I used too much boost for too long. At the end, I wanted to keep Richard behind me, in case there would be a caution. That backfired...

Anyhow, it is with some melancholy that I end this season. What a great season it's been! Lots of memorable races, though a bit too many crashes. Considering that I could quite easily have taken quite a lot of more points (Motegi, Milwaukee, Michigan, Mid-Ohio (all tracks starting with an M?!)) I'm very happy with my performance. But do would've liked at least one win! The team championship is something at least.

Now I'm really looking forward to more races with the 1973 USAC cars!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:39

Final points are up :flag:

Thank you everyone for such a great series!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:39

JP Campmajo wrote:

Heh, Richard, congrats, and I call something too. If he doesn't have a chance to win, he doesn't bother :jp:

For your information, I said that family came over and I had to leave. Same thing with last week since it was Thanksgiving. Family comes before racing. Congrats on doing every race.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 1:42

Screenies up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 10:45

Rocky Calabrese wrote:
For your information, I said that family came over and I had to leave. Same thing with last week since it was Thanksgiving. Family comes before racing. Congrats on doing every race.

What makes you think I was talking about you ? (BTW, we all believed your excuse Very Happy )

Congrats for going through the wall at Vancouver, and conveniently not save the replay (we all believed that too).
Congrats for having ridiculously large fuel tanks which gave you a ridiculous amount of races.
Congrats for running the best car combo, as usual : strap on a pair for once, and try sometimes a challenge, if you're as good as you think you are. Your life must be quite miserable if you feel the need to win a virtual race at any cost, whatever the advantage.
Congrats for damaging my car at Toronto, Rio, Surfers Paradise, etc.
Congrats for wrecking Jacob (and myself too) at Michigan.
Congrats for getting away with it once more.
Congrats for winning at Houston with me suffering a track bug.

You make it sound like you were going to win fingers in the nose, but if it was going to be so easy to you, why did you need to wreck everyone that went your way ? Probably because it's your way of doing you dirty SOB.

At the end of the day, a driver like you doesn't belong to a league like this one, there are plenty of leagues with dirty morons like you where you'd fit in perfectly. But it's not my problem anymore, one less opponent for you I guess.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 11:19

Félicitations, JP,... pour tout !
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 14:14

JP Campmajo wrote:

At the end of the day, a driver like you doesn't belong to a league like this one, there are plenty of leagues with dirty morons like you where you'd fit in perfectly. But it's not my problem anymore, one less opponent for you I guess.

Im sad while reading posts like this. I ran away from local leuges just becose bad words were more important than fun. I do not know you all as well as maybe you do, but Im sure most of problems could be solved politely. Im not saying JP is wrong or right, nor Rocky is, but bringing tensions of this kind is useless and leads to more bitter words, and it starts to be endless...

After so nice season, after so much effort all of you put in this to work, Id like to read more happy posts and more encouraging words....

You are all hell of a drivers, and watching you drive is a pleasure of its own, specialy in this mod where this beasts need to be tamed by somebody who knows how, I think you all are more than just occusing eachother and pointing out bad moves!!!!

So, big thanks to all of you who made this chapmionsip possible and functional, I wish I finished more races than embarassing to mention, but I had fun with every lap with you all, and as for my first official champ season ever, Im satisfied with my result.. even, there could be more...

So if any poll is to be on wheter to re-drive it the same way, count me in, this cars are as romantic as fearsome, I really nearly pissed my pants few times... buth its worth it..

Thank you all again, I hope you will not fall appart yourselves becose of some childish issues!

Use the force!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 14:22

JP's farewell message reminds me of Groucho Marx on his letter to cease as member from the Friar's club at beverly Hills:

"I don't want to belong to a club that accepts people like me" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 14:51

Well, I'm leaving because of the new admins. Because they can't make right decisions in basic championship organization as well as handle issues (yes, letting someone wreck the leader twice on purpose here, at least 3 times in total and not do anything about it is an issue).

You believe that closing your eyes will solve issues, fine, whatever floats your boat. Next time he wrecks someone, it'll happen if someone dares be in front in the closing laps, I won't be around to be blamed.

And no Raul, it could never have been solved (politely or not). The guy showed all his arrogance in his first race here because he lost to me, and on the second, he crashed me to win. I knew all I had to know.
I'm racing people how they race me, and if you want to be dirty, two can play that game. Admins knew all along it was an issue, they had the chance to send a strong signal after Michigan but chickened out. Tons of MP's were exchanged, they can talk the talk, but definitely can't walk the walk.

Don't worry, in 2 days, the problem is gone.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 14:57

Thank you for your feedback JP.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 15:28

You know JP, i don't know you, or even HSO long enough to have a sustained opinion on the level of organization. But still some things for me are certain:

- Rocky standard of racing is bad yes, but to be honest, he isn't the only one wrecking people around in a regular basis, altough you are right in pointing out that he did it sometimes with clear malicious intent. Still i don't see you voicing it nearly as much in the case of others.

- You have been quick to point out the new admins fault, and you might be indeed right that firmer action was needed, but its easy to point out fingers when we don't have the responsability.

- And to conclude, well, i just think you want to leave. I mean, you have seniority, and an important role here, you could easily do something contructive about all this, and i reckon that if you really like racing these series and being here you would, but you choose not to. But remember, it's your choice JP, not anyone else's.

That said, you were a wonderfull opponent, and a valuable asset as far as i can tell, so :hello: hats to you and congratulations on your champ. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 16:01

First, apologizes to Petr Hlavac for the "come together" exiting T2 on lap 190 that took us both out of the race.

Up until that point it was an amazing experience.  The Swift certainly liked the California air and I was able to easily run with the lead pack the entire time.  Position swapping and picking which yellow to refuel was the theme of the day (not necessarily what I like in the early laps) and unnerving, side by side racing kept the tension high in most turns.  Overall, I'd say great racing by all those around me.

Thanks to Jason and the other HSO'ers who made this season happen!

[edit] As a oval racer I hoping the next season, if and/or when it happens, has more ovals and less road courses. Like back when USAC reined surpreme: 1973 USAC Season

Last edited by Lee Simpson on Mon 7 Dec 2015 - 17:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 17:20

Lee Simpson wrote:

[edit] As a oval racer I hoping the next season, if and/or when it happens, has more ovals and less road courses. Like back when USAC reined surpreme: 1973 USAC Season

Stand by for news!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 17:23

What Mike said, but those who prefer road courses will have some really amazing stuff to enjoy also on sundays :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 17:25

This is the part where we get to be a bit cheeky  :jp:

All will be revealed soon  bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 21:45

Lee Simpson wrote:
First, apologizes to Petr Hlavac for the "come together" exiting T2 on lap 190 that took us both out of the race.

Is this what you had in mind?

@ Mike, Alberto, Jason....

I am a patient boy
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait
My time is like water down a drain

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 21:48

Lee Simpson wrote:

Ah, so it wasn't Gerard. I checked the replay now. It was a strange situation. You had to know about me, your right side mirror was filled with my car, but you didn't manage to hold the inside line. Whatever, we all make mistakes Wink  

Gerard, please accept my apology :frank:
Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 22:42

Yes Petr I knew you were going high but I believe that you also knew I was below you.  With a little more oval experience you would know that cars almost always push out at the exit of a high speed turn and knowing that maybe you wouldn't have crowded me by staying in the bottom half of the track.  Yes I came up into you while you held a tight line.  Technically, you can say my fault.  But if you drove defensively at that point we might have been able to fight for the win and not just point fingers while licking our wounds on the sidelines. So yes I agree mistakes were made.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lee Simpson on Tue 8 Dec 2015 - 14:41; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2015 - 13:50

JP Campmajo wrote:
Well, I'm leaving because of the new admins. Because they can't make right decisions in basic championship organization as well as handle issues (yes, letting someone wreck the leader twice on purpose here, at least 3 times in total and not do anything about it is an issue).

You believe that closing your eyes will solve issues, fine, whatever floats your boat. Next time he wrecks someone, it'll happen if someone dares be in front in the closing laps, I won't be around to be blamed.

And no Raul, it could never have been solved (politely or not). The guy showed all his arrogance in his first race here because he lost to me, and on the second, he crashed me to win. I knew all I had to know.
I'm racing people how they race me, and if you want to be dirty, two can play that game. Admins knew all along it was an issue, they had the chance to send a strong signal after Michigan but chickened out. Tons of MP's were exchanged, they can talk the talk, but definitely can't walk the walk.

Don't worry, in 2 days, the problem is gone.
C'est dommage que tu n'aies pas vu qu'il n'y avait pas de nouveaux admins cette année, mais seulement de nouveaux modérateurs, qui en début d'année savaient à peine lancer un serveur, préparer les topics de courses, poster les résultats, etc... Des modérateurs qui n'avaient et n'ont pas le rôle d'admins, lesquels auraient pu sanctionner bien plus tôt, des pilotes aux comportements enfantins sur piste et sur le forum. Des modérateurs qui ont travaillé comme des fous pour nous tous, en l'absence d'admins pendant les 3/4 de l'année. Aussi, Ils ont bien averti par MP les admins au sujet de tout ça, mais la vie étant ce qu'elle est, ces derniers n'ont pu répondre a la situation.
Quand précédemment tu disais que les "nouveaux admins" attendez le cul sur leur chaise que tu fasses tout, c'est un peu fort. Il y a des kms de posts de travail, que tu n'as pu voir, car ton comportement parfois hautain, cassant, et impoli, a fait que les admins n'ont jamais voulu te donner un plus grand accès. Et qui pourtant, au regard de l'aide que tu a apporté à HSO depuis un bon moment, aurait mérité largement. Je trouve ça d'autant plus dommageable que j'ai eu l'occasion mainte fois de bosser avec toi, sur Teamviewer et TS, et de me rendre compte que tu peux être un gars tout à fait charmant, marrant, et agréable et surtout un très bon pédagogue. Mais pourquoi donc il t'arrive parfois de cracher ta bile ainsi?
Enfin, il sera sûrement nommé pour l'année 2016 de nouveaux admins, qui cette fois-ci pourront prendre les décisions qu'il convient au moment adéquat.
Qu'à tes yeux, il y est eu une baisse des standards d'HSO, tu as tout à fait le droit de le penser. Mais je n'ai pas trouvé ça très correct de cracher sur les modérateurs comme tu l'as fait, alors qu'ils se sont démenés toute l'année.
Je tenais à te dire ça, car je n'ai aucun fiel contre toi. Tu fais parti des pilotes que j'apprécie, prêt à sauter dans une voiture pour prendre un relais improviser lors d'endurance, en étant de suite compétitif. J'admire.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2015 - 18:20

cheers Pole position. Sleep Stupide starting.Déja,je pars a droite, :doh: puis je reçois le message que je dois me plaçer derrière Marc.Une voiture me touche,je dérive vers la gauche,traverse toute la piste,miraculesement sans créer un carambolage.en prime deux" stop en go".Puis c'était "fast and furious" :yaa: le restant de la course,avec une voiture super stable.
Bravo au podium,JP :first: :clap:  
Merçi a tous les membres,qui ont créer se championnat. :top:
:papy: First pole in 6 years, there is a beginning to all.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2015 - 21:06

DQ when i was on lead ,:doh:
dont understand why
i had a green and red flag with a blue cross at the begining of the race scratch
i take the lead and finish
return in stand
DQ affraid

very disapointed Sad
very fast on this track :jp:
boost 5
good set and any lost of % engine with full fuel

a second part of season with a lot of problems

but it was a very fun championship
perhaps too many particular rules for me

So ready to take part to another championship with HSO
it will be a good thing to make another indy/CART championship to understand all the things who do this mod so particular.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 10:13

Gérard Ryon wrote:
cheers Pole position. Sleep Stupide starting.Déja,je pars a droite, :doh: puis je reçois le message que je dois me plaçer derrière Marc.Une voiture me touche,je dérive vers la gauche,traverse toute la piste,miraculesement sans créer un carambolage.en prime deux" stop en go".Puis c'était "fast and furious" :yaa: le restant de la course,avec une voiture super stable.
Bravo au podium,JP :first: :clap:  
Merçi a tous les membres,qui ont créer se championnat. :top:
:papy: First pole in 6 years, there is a beginning to all.

Bravo Gérard Smile 4ème au championnat derrière les 3 aliens c'est beau Cool
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 16:12

Oui, Bravo Gérard, belle régularité tout au long de la saison et super véloce sur les speedways ! :top:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 14:20

Super Gérard,
Tu as bien représenté notre beau pays, bel effort toute l'année

Félicitations :top:

Marcus
:cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 19:03

Je viens de visionner le replay , et au vu de ce que j ai vu je prends l entière responsabilité de l accrochage qui s est passé au 99 eme tour Neutral

so my apologises to Jp and Richard :chinois: :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next