Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)

Go down 
+23
finally gone :)
Roberto Mello
Jean-Marie Placais
Matthias Weber
Richard Wilks
David Jaques
Vincent Beretta
Cláudio Augusto
Lee Simpson
Philippe Martinelli
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Pascal Le pihive
Mathieu Leclerc
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Raul Jereb
Mike Becnel
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 21:25

Sorry Jukka , don't know what happened there. Wanted to stay in the middle of the track and thought you would stay far left.

clearly my fault after seeing replay. Had no problems in training with driving together, and with the first one in the race that happens....
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 21:28

Matthias Weber wrote:
Sorry Jukka , don't know what happened there. Wanted to stay in the middle of the track and thought you would stay far left.

clearly my fault after seeing replay. Had no problems in training with driving together, and with the first one in the race that happens....

No worries :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 21:30

Not too pleased with the standard of driving by some.  Marc Florkin blowing through the field on a full course yellow; you've been racing here too long to not know better than that. Don't know if Reginaldo weaving all over was ping or lack of experience.  Either way, it caused me to crash.  Had to swerve to avoid him, and yet another DNF racked up.
:bangry:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 21:35

Stupid over approach on a yellow by me. Almost got it stopped but lost it at last second. Glad I hit nobody. Car hit the wall and pulled hard left after pit stop. Retired as not to cause chaos.

Grats to the eventual survivors!
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 21:45

very disappointed

end of the race by my fault during the 3rd safetycar

1st/ external to driving, my keyboard felt down during the safety car, i wanted to grab it but unfortunatly i touched...unbeliviable ...the sleep button
windows is going to close
i was in fury ....

2nd/ Marc Florkin you were not prepared for ovals racing !!! :grrr:

when a Safety-Car came out, you were flat out, you overtooke other drivers, who are braking and you are still accelerating => big difference of speed very dangerous !

and it took you 2 laps to get your good position back behind me

before under green flag, you touched my rear wing 2 or 3 times causing me damages, all of this in less than 20 laps

oval is not for you

you just have to follow the driver or pass him, but not touch him !!!!
as Jason Jason said your are HSO player since enough in order not to do such mistakes

even if it is a bad end of a dreamed championship for me, big big pleasure to run both the cars and the trackpack of CART 1998 (even if sometimes we were not 100% accurate and agree on track choices)

CARTFactor mod is so difficult but pleasure full with such accurate models.

thank you very much HSO and the admins Jason for this kind of Simracing, doing historical races is GOODDD !!!

the last championship i struggled so much was a F1-1979 in 2006 or 2007 at FFSCA.org, hard to finish the races but i manged to do so
i'm a finisher i hate not finishing my races (as today) even more if it is not a driving mistake
this one, fontana, i would just have to follow the pack and may finish the race, what ever was the laps down

what i would have expected to have is to have the repair for the cars (Repair All) not only Repair Body
because the mod is difficult and we are not so much at the end of races it may help a bit to have more racers all year long. i know it is simracing but i dicovered it during race it was not written in the rules or i may miss it.

edit: i'm watching the race in spectator mod, only 11 drivers on track, Jan Titz just hit the wall and is DNF (front wing and Right wheel broken)

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Sun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:19

22h16
big contact between G.Goissen and R.Wilks and touched JP. Campmajo in consequence
still green flag

JP  has a bit of steering wheel bent

Goissen wanted to change of racing line at same time as Wilks
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:25

22h24

safety car

all leader in for pit
jacob leading (1st position) pitted a second time ? he's now 8th

JP can now Pit
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:33

22h32

wilks not in a good day

wilks 11th touch leader simpson 1st in back streach and both go visiting grass not too much damages
new safety-car

22h46
after long pit wilk is out of race

new safety-car Goissen is trouble touch the wall end of turn2 front wing

under SC simpson too fast spins under yellow to avoid ibanez no damage
r.coxon is quite ok and leading easy with clean air and can run alone

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Sun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:35

looks like 11 left in the race with half distance to go.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:52

Tell me about it not in a good day :bangry: ...after Alberto was generous enough to share his setup, i suddenly had a car to race at the front, altough it was a tad dangerous. I managed to spin on the main straight, but without hitting anything or anyone or losing much time. :banane: After a go to the back of the queue penalty right at the beggining, i managed to get my way up all the way to the leaders... then as i was entering turn 3, i guess Greg (?) hit me, and my car went straight into JPs one... repairs, lots of laps lost, a bit of red mist made me get penalty for speeding in the pits... After that i came back to the track. Car was still fast, but i was right in front of the leaders. As i tried to unlap myself, i tangled to Lee (I«m really sorry, don't know exactly what happened, i suspect ping) and after spinning again, my car was damaged again, but i was worried with Lee, so i followed his cam to make sure his car was ok, and retired after that... too bad, i reckon i could be up there at the end, and it was a fun race while it lasted. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 22:55

new DNF Goissen is out of the race (10th place) suspension

still 9 drivers on track

G.Ryon is last (9th place) after is superb pole position, he was the first driver in trouble on 1st lap and get to pitlane
and he's is a lap down (or 2 laps) still there !!!!

Jp is now moving to 8th

22h55
raul jareb in the wall turn 2 + crash in back streach no Safetcar
rear wing broken end of race

incredible JP is now 7th
G.Ryon is going to move to 8th place

22h59
JP in trouble spin in back streach
not touch
new S-C and new pit wave

23h03 incredible Coxon pit under green flag !!
coxon 7th
JP 6th

23h13
L.Simpson (6th) get losse at end of turn 2 touch P.Hlavac (5th) crash and big damages for both
but not S-C !!!!

JP is now 4th incredible with his damaged car !

23h18
Petr (8th) put a feet on the ground, he's out of the race (suspension)

23h19
now Lee Simpson is out to (Suspension)

the running order (i don't have the laps) i guess the order without laps gap
23h23

1st J.Fredriksson
2nd A.Ibanez in the same lap
3rd R.Coxon + 15-20sec of alberto ibanez
4th JP.Campmajo
5th D.Jacques
6th G.Ryon

23h39

15 laps remaining

J.Fredriksson 1st
R.Coxon 2nd but has been lapped down by jacob

D.Jacques and A.Ibanez has done there pit stop

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Sun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:41; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:08

i just lost concetration... too tired and it takes a lot of stamina for this much yellows..

but had fun while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:28

pppfff trop décu , je me marrais bien depuis le début , mon rythme etait bon , tout se passait bien , puis au 99 eme tour je sais pas du tout ce qui s est passé , mais d un coup j ai senti un contact et ma voiture est parti d un coup en vrille et j ai embarqué JP avec moi Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad je ne sais pas si ce qui s est passé est de ma faute ou pas en tout cas si c est le cas vraiment désolé a JP et a l autre pilote ... ?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

a partir de la j ai perdu ma concentration et ma motivation , a mi course il etait 23h , je suis rentré au stand pour me retirer .

Bravo a JP pour le titre de champion :clap: :first:

ce fut un championnat tres mauvais pour ma part , assez contradictoire en fait car malgré le fait que j aime piloter ces monoplaces , je ne suis jamais arrivé a faire quelque chose de correct une fois en course lors de toute la saison , clairement je n ai jamais su m adapter et surtout apprécier le fonctionnement de la safety car . conclusion plus mauvais résultat pour moi sur un championnat de toute ma " carriere " HSO :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:35

Désolé pour Jason,

j'ai pas très bien compris l'anglais.
Mais je pense que j'ai fait une faute de débutant sur l'ovale, j'étais très concentré ,
je n'ai pas vu le drapeau jaune, et j'ai réalisé assez tard qu'il y avait un problème !
Et puis j'ai attendu que le mod me donne l'ordre de me mettre derrière le pilote adéquat !!
Mais bon, j'ai mal géré....!
J'ai compris aussi que j'ai sorti Jason.... :doh: :doh: Crying or Very sad
Je suis vraiment désolé, j'ai perdu le contrôle de ma monoplace , en plus que Jason m'avait donné des set-up , je suis vraiment très très confus ! Embarassed Embarassed
Pour Mathieu, c'est vrai que je l'ai touché à l'arrière par deux fois, mais je n'ai pas eu de chocs, et j'ai pensé qu'il n'y avait pas de conséquences...., j'étais tard sur mes freins.

C'est vrai que sur ce coup, j'ai roulé comme un Rookie.....

Mille excuses

Marcus :papy:

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:40

Ah, that's unfortunate Sad The race was mostly amazing. Some hectic action in the pack, some reasonable driving, catching a breath behind the pack, than some great runs with drafting partners (most notably Richard). Probably the most surreal experience in my sim racin EVER was Greg doing prouettes right next to me at 300kmh, there was a room exactly for one car, i had no idea whether to break or step on the gas, i just saw the rotating Target machine next tom me Twisted Evil  As the end of the race got closer, i had a run at the front. Unfortunately, I was following Richard around Gerard who probably wasn't informed by his spotter that i'm there, drifted to the outside wall and collected me, while he lost the rear end and ended up in the inside wall. We both made it to pits for repiar, but my car was undrivable and he's out of contention, too, after losing three laps. I'm a little sad that it ended up this way, but anyway, i had some great racing with CART and hope to jion you next year, this league is just amazing :top:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:44

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:45

23h41

what !!!  affraid

Jacob Fredirksson just lost the engine

engine on fire !!! in back stretch

end of race

too bad he was leading with one lap
Richard has now decreas of rythm
alberto is unlapping

so sad for you jacob
this fontana 500 race was nearly yours
you may not battle with richard and go eeasy for the last laps

23h46 end of race

running order

1 R.coxon 250 laps
2 D.Jacques
3 A.Ibanez
4 JP.Campmajo
5 G.Rryon
6 J.Fredriksson
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:56

I really feel for you Jacob, your time will come on a 500 mile race (I believe you was "Robbed" at Michigan)
Was nice to see such a healthy field at the start, but as i've come to expect, the yellows in the first 10 laps still occur and never really eased throughout the season as we all gained experience :smil20:

Thanks to Jason for the season, its been a tough one due to several factors.

Well done on JP for the championship :first:

See you all next year for our Sunday championships :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:57

Greg you must have hit about everyone except the pace car :hihi: You sent me to the back on the first laps, was lucky to benefit from a yellow and get before the SC to get my lap back. Not happy with that, the stupid game decided I had to follow Mike just before I entered the pits and one second later I got the message, penalty for overtaking the car I should follow (Entered the pits before Mike, as per track order).

Had some nice fights with many people who drove excellently, Jacob, Lee, David, etc but threw 2nd place or maybe victoy (Given Jacob's barbeque) stupidly when I pitted too soon due to miscalculating fue use. Was forced to pit a 2nd time and got too optimistic with the speed limiter at the exit and got a drve through. When I came out of it I was 11 seconds behind David Jaques, and drove the rest of the race on boost 5 and got 3rd for Jacob's broken engine. So sad mate, I would gladly have finsihed 4th for your victory, you really deserved it Sad

Other then that, bah, these tracks are all about slipstream and cruising behind a hare at low boost. Not fun. Next year's USAC will be very different :antoine:

Grats to Richard for his Al Unser Sr. style win (Came out of nowhere), to David Jaques for podium and to JP for the championship. All in all, it was fun and well worth it  Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:57

Hey Jason I called it correct! Grats Richard! Looks like it was a survival race!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:58

Results are up.  Final points to follow...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:08

Mike Becnel wrote:
Hey Jason I called it correct! Grats Richard! Looks like it was a survival race!

You called it? Don't tell me you bet on me lol!

I have a knack of doing well in 500 mile races it seems :hum:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:12

From the replay, it seems there was going to be a 4 wide situation affraid I moved on the apron to let the angry pack by, but it wasn't enough.
The car was fucked, couldn't hold it at 200 mph, but made it almost driveable with a few setup and wall tweaks. But it destroyed my tires, so I had to change the tires at every caution, and I spun once myself as the tires were done at the end of a fuel run.
I somehow managed to finish just 1 lap down with that junk car and tie my worst finish of the season :hum:

Too bad Jacob, you deserved to get at least 1 victory from the season (Michigan... :grrr: ). It won't make you feel better, but at least Rahal and Ford are champions geek

Heh, Richard, congrats, and I call something too. If he doesn't have a chance to win, he doesn't bother :jp:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:17

was an amazing race... at least for most of it Razz had some really good and fair battles with mostly everyone, thanks for the good time! the last accident 2 cars got together on the exit of turn 2, and i was lucky to slow enough to avoid them, but i hit some debris and punctured a tire. very surprised to see no caution for that one. limped it to the pits with the right front flat and sped on the entry to the pits (hard to stop the car with a flat, doh). did a quick drive thru and then ran the car as hard as i could for the last 60ish laps. got away with only a splash and dash at the end, plus some late troubles for others, lucky to finish where i did. thanks for all the work to organize and put these event on.

dave
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2015 - 0:23

You did JP Wink, congrats again. See you next year? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)   Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 18 - Fontana (Dec 6th)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next