Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard Drive Caput

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2015 - 22:47

So, my hard drive went to hell friday. Sad

Fortunaly i managed to at least save my modding work and my rfactor files, as well as some other important data of mine, but my system is basically dead now awaiting a clean install, while i am trying to salvage as much as i can from the rest... Crying or Very sad

I dont think i will be able to take part in the race tomorrow, and i will see what i can do to put this up to speed. I am on vacations this week, and i spend more time looking to a dark screen than when i am working... Rolling Eyes

I will invest some money to get some HDDs and build a raid setup. study
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2015 - 23:09

Aww that sucks :doh:

Yeah if you really care about this stuff, you should invest in multiple hard drives. If it's just modding and rF, it won't take that much space anyway nor cost an awful lot of money.

I currently have my work on 2 HDD, and plan to add a 3rd one, and even a 4th hard drive that will go to my parents' in case there's a fire or something :aie:

Tip that could be useful one day : I had once a hard drive that committed a suicide by jumping from my table... when I tried to start it, it did a tic tic tic and wouldn't start. Since it couldn't work any less than that, I tried to drop it on the couch : curiously, the 1.50 meter fall somehow fixed it :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2015 - 0:56

That's really too bad.  Crying or Very sad  If you were in the states, I would point you in Tyler's direction. He builds great computers.  

Richard Wilks wrote:
Fortunaly i managed to at least save my modding work and my rfactor files, as well as some other important data of mine

That's a relief to hear. :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2015 - 9:55

Sorry to hear this Richard, Hope your back up and running again soon.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2015 - 14:02

JP Campmajo wrote:

Tip that could be useful one day : I had once a hard drive that committed a suicide by jumping from my table... when I tried to start it, it did a tic tic tic and wouldn't start. Since it couldn't work any less than that, I tried to drop it on the couch : curiously, the 1.50 meter fall somehow fixed it :urgence:

I will call that the JP solution :jp:

I already got some hard drives, i will have automatic backups to a dedicated one, and i will also study some online solutions, to the more sensitive things study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hard Drive Caput Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Caput   Hard Drive Caput Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Drive Caput
Page 1 of 1