Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help with my DVD drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Need help with my DVD drive Empty
PostSubject: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2014 - 11:10

Something weird is happening with my PC, as it has already damaged two DVD drives. I noticed some time ago periodic freezes of 1 second or so, later increasing to 2-4 seconds. First I thought of a virus, but the computer was clean, then I noticed that the drive was no longer reading well all CD/DVDs and some time later it simply freezed. It arrived to a point where it would reboot the PC and even make the security fuse trigger and disconnect the electricity  Shocked 

I removed the drive (A HP write/read) and placed a normal DVD drive instead, which has been working perfectly for some months.

Now it has started doing the same thing again  Shocked and I have already disconnected it, but before installing a new drive I'd like to know if someone has had similar experiences or has any idea about what might be ruining my optical drives like that  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 18:13

Never seen your problem. I don't know what it causes that. Sorry, I can't help you.  pale 
Have you try to plug on other sata port?
No, problem with overtemp in your PC?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 19:49

Thank you Ben, I'm also quite lost  pale 

Never mind, I'll get another DVD and try to plug it on a different SATA bridge, let's see what happens  :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2014 - 12:12

Perhaps it's an overheating problem. Is the drive near to any other units which may get quite hot, like the CPU or GPU?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2014 - 18:15

Nope, case is one of the best cooling ones out there, from Corsair. Air intake on the front and exit on the top, PSU on the bottom of the case. :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my DVD drive   Need help with my DVD drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with my DVD drive
Page 1 of 1