Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]

Go down 
+27
Laurent Binet
Mick Chapman
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Gérard Ryon
Patrick Marucco
Antoine de Mautor
Yves Plaçais
Jean-François Bovy
finally gone :)
Dave Miller
Stephane Pras
Jens Kraft
Martin Audran
Cyril Derkir
Greg Hunt
Alberto Ibañez
Osni Kniess
Austin Johnson
Jason White
Mike Becnel
Sergio Mengual
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Richard Coxon
Tiago Malafaya
Ben Paulet
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 0:02

1st race

Was really happy to grab 7th place in qualifying on my last lap of qualifying ..
Sorry about the Crazy Jump start my foot slipped off the clutch  lol! 
The 1st part of the race was very clean and there was a nice 4 porsche battle going on
between Stephane , Gerard , Alberto and Myself ...  
We changed places a few times Gerard fell of the track and Alberto managed to get in front of me for
5th place and i had Stephane breathing down my back about lap 20 i locked up the brakes and hit the hay bails just under the bridge on the sharp right and got a puncture as well as body damage ...

I Had to pit for 61 seconds . And slipped down to 17th place ...
I Thought my race was over but i had great fun trying to recoup some points
And i literally took Mateus on the finish line to take 9th place .. Not So Bad ...

2nd Race

Made a good start and quickly got by Austin and some of the GTU Cars .... Had some great laps with Yves
in the Brute of a Corvette and then Ben started to harass me he surprised me and got passed on the drag up the hill under the bridge locked up had a bit of a wavey davey i thought i had enough room to sneak through but Ben was not finished and managed to swerve a little more we touched and ended up hitting the mountain and bouncing off i thought my race was over but the car still felt good ...

Ben being the Gentleman he is waited for me to overtake Thanks Ben  :clap: Once we got going again Ben chased me closely for many laps ... I Had no more issues after this and continued solidly until the end of the race Richard spun and Stephane not sure what happened to Yves but i managed to eventually finish 3rd ...  Thanks to Yves , Alberto , Stephane , Gerard , Richard , for some great racing ...

Well Happy with 9th and 3rd in the race and 5th Overall  :banane: 

Congrats to Tiago and Greg and  Stephane unbelievable speed in the 911s
congrats all finshers .....  :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:20

Quote :
i thought my race was over but the car still felt good ...

If my stunt didn't destroy the RSR, I don't think your crash should even scratch the paint. Ever seen Jeremy Clarkson's episode trying to destroy an old 911?  :rigol: 
Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5