Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]

Go down 
+33
Glenn Corliss
Ben Paulet
Leo Menegucci
Gérard Ryon
Thomas Gatschnegg
Jean-François Bovy
Frank Verplanken
Vincent Beretta
Carl Larrad
Ruben Freitas
Jean-Marie Placais
Jean-louis Petillot
Greg Hunt
Eric Daon
Philippe Martinelli
Florkin Marc
Cyril Derkir
Mike Becnel
Alex Barresi
Jukka Närhi
Yannick Lampure
Peter Blom
François Remmen
Patrick Marucco
Joel Sixou
Tiago Malafaya
Mark Barresi
Richard Coxon
Yves Plaçais
Austin Johnson
Lan Weingerl
Jason White
Martin Audran
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:25

Carl Larrad wrote:

and then ended up in the trees
which i could not get out ..  Sad 

I left a tire and a few body parts in there, did you see any?  :doh: 
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:27

Race results and driver's championship standing updated on the site Wink

Constructor's Cup and Von Trips Trophy will be updated later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:37

well from bad to better to worse... lol

got punched out twice in the first laps put me at the back with a slightly bend car
quite gutted i start to see this race as a big test but very soon some hickups appear on my screen at corners you realy dont want them, i noticed Carl his car was stuck in the bushes at the first right bend, ( hickups ) also at the last hairpin, i dont know who had such same problems but it could be my Pc , connection, synchronise problems , btw i just installled a Java update before.

anyway i could catch up to P10 when i got eliminated by a US kamikaze :grrr:  , quite pissed but np to shout here cause I'm very happy to run in this leage and many thanks to HSO!
(btw very odd to see somebody let cook his engine on the grid ???)

if anybody encouter some bugs in the track pls report so i can fix it
think i will make the bushes driveable

regards,

François (FD)

Last edited by François Remmen on Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:40

Ahhh I already wondered why my Q time was not there when I came back after dinner Jason!  Razz 

Anyway good race for me, especially for a 2 hours race! Of course some minor incidents but no big drama's. Sorry for the guy who I lapped, cannot remember your name,  but I hit you quite hard in the fast conrer I believe. I have never pushed so hard in my simracing life to get 1 world championship point but it feels like a victory for my lotus 25  drunken 

Thx HSO  :top: 

Race start!
Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 12161070493_bc7f312d7f_c

Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014 - 23:42

Great race guys , i really love that track. Man there were cars everywhere that first lap. I think i hit your tire rolling across the track Mike lol!  Thanks hso and everyone who attended. I didnt have any track problems at all except a floating ferrari in turn 1
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:14

I lost connection with 44 laps into the race.  :doh: 

Not an eventful race for me but was nice trying to keep the pace.

Looks like these engines can withstand a bit more revs on acceleration than I thought for the whole race. Next time I won't be so kind with it and see what happens.

See you next time.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 13:38

Mike Becnel wrote:

Arrggh Vincent, you owe me a RR suspension  :aie:

Really sorry Mike  pale  I missed my breaking point.

I missed it twice, the other victim is Peter. No damage, i guess. Sorry Peter

Départ calamiteux, je n'entendais pas mon moteur. Ensuite j'ai été pris dans le carambolage de la chicane et je me suis retrouvé 17eme avant la fin du 1er tour.
Ma course n'a été donc qu'une lente remontée jusqu'à la 5eme place avec une belle bagarre avec Joel et Peter.

Il manque pas grand chose au setup pour etre performant, j'espère que j'aurai le temps d'ici la prochaine...

Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 14:14

Well, it was a nerve race for me, despite the win.

Went for a conservative start, trying not to hurt my engine at all in the first part of the race. I was keeping a steady 0.4-0.5 sec. per lap faster than Mark, so it was looking good; the car was perfect with the setup I made.

First row of backmarkers, all went smoothly until I got to Phillipe; he spun at the first hairpin leaving the car in the middle of the track, which was not a problem, I slowed a bit and went for the right part of the track, suddenly something on Phillipe froze ( :hihi: ) and he just starts moving the car, hitting my left side, damaging my left suspension  pale . From then until the the end of the race, the car was a lot more loose into the right corners (which is a problem in the 1st two ones) and I wasn't that confident anymore.

Just kept going with care and all was good, Richard was my company in, I would say, at least half of the race  :top: , until the final 10 laps or so, which I can't really tell if it were the brakes or the tyres, but suddenly I started losing some stopping power, So I decided to let Richard go since he was having a "bagarre"  ( :D ) with Joel for 7th, so he might have needed that extra lap

Other than that...................... :first: :banane:

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 14:33

Vincent Beretta wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:

Arrggh Vincent, you owe me a RR suspension  :aie:

Really sorry Mike  pale  I missed my breaking point.

No worries, the complete lack of markings means people are going to overshoot sooner or later. I hate the mirrors in these cars; if I had seen you coming I would have dodged. Can't see squat in these things.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 15:07

Mike Becnel wrote:

No worries, the complete lack of markings means people are going to overshoot sooner or later. I hate the mirrors in these cars; if I had seen you coming I would have dodged. Can't see squat in these things.

The lack of 'markings' for sure helped me to get 6th in this one...quite some cars ended behind me because they overshoot the corners more then I do while their normal race pace was quicker then mine  Razz 

@Mike that's odd mate, I have tested alls cars and mirrors are not a prob for me..you know how to adjust them in game right?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 15:12

Was my pleasure to give you company Tiago, We should do it again sometime  :hihi: Wink 

Had a dreadful first 30 laps, Spinning everywhere, but then everything clicked and I was able to get into a quick rhythm and was able to attempt to close on the guys in front (40-50secs at that point) managed to catch Joel at the end and able to pass him coming out of the last corner of the last lap, (Sorry Joel  :aie: )

Shame couldn't have been more consistent throughout, but oh well  :smil20: 

Well done on the Victory Tiago  :clap:  and well done to all finishers as it was a tough race  :top: 

See you all at Brands  :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 15:14

Peter Blom wrote:

@Mike that's odd mate, I have tested alls cars and mirrors are not a prob for me..you know how to adjust them in game right?

No - how do I decompress the cars in the mirrors? I think it is an issue with the mod according to those who made it.
Back to top Go down
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 15:58

Bien joué richard, tu meritais ces 2 centiemes à l'arrivée au vue de ta remonté.
Pour ma part beaucoup de petites erreurs dans cette course qui m'empechaient de garder un rythme normal.
à bientôt pour la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 17:48

Nightmare race for me yesterday  :aie: I took a good start but I missed my braking point entering the Esses and went through the grass... --> stop & go penalty  :doh: Sad . Restarting last I started climbing back up the pack, but I spun once early on and then a second time around lap 15 and hit the wall. My car was damaged and behaved like a cow on the two big braking points and in the two left handers  :smil20: so the rest of the race was really frustrating : 5 fastish laps and a spin for most of the evening... Still nice laps with Glenn for a while towards the end  :yaa: and 1 point in the Von Trips trophy so it was not all that bad  :biggrin: 

Grats Tiago, Austin and all finishers  :top: 
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 18:57

Mike Becnel wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

No - how do I decompress the cars in the mirrors? I think it is an issue with the mod according to those who made it.

If a car appears in your mirror very big and next to you then I know not to turn in like normal...all I need  :hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 19:01

Pascal, thanks for taking me out twice in the first hairpin. Especially the second time, on lap 30, was ridiculous. As you were willing to completely take advantage of the incident (instead of giving me the place back which would've been a gentlemanly thing to do) I won't hesitate to return the favor. Also, you were very good at cutting corners on the next three laps but I'll leave it to the admins.

Frank, get your shit together, Austin's gonna walk away with the Von Trips Trophy :hum:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 19:39

Constructor's Cup and Von Trips Trophy updated.

If you have any incident to report please send me a PM, I will check it as soon as I receive the pieces for my PC.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 19:55

Your PC will come in pieces?... that's not a very good sign  :rigol: :langue: 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:00

At least he said the pieces "for" my PC, it would have been worrysome if it had been the pieces "of" my PC  :D 
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:01

Mauvais début, problèmes d'ordi et arrivée en retard, pas mal de petits freezes, dur dur hier soir.

Mais en course, je m'amusais bien, le circuit m'a même semblé fun (j'l'aimais vraiment pas sur GPL)... départ gentil, et puis des bagarres plus ou moins longues avec Marc, Jason, Mike..., j'étais plus ou moins en rythme et propre, puis vers le 20ième tour (?), je vais légèrement mordre le sable dans Rifle, rien de grave si je n'avais pas croisé un buisson en métal en voulant revenir en piste... the end... pale  pale 

J'avais été super prudent jusque là, un peu trop même (sauf sur le dépassement avec Marc, désolé pour la "petite caresse" Marc, je voyais rien malgré mes 5 rétros...)
J'aime beaucoup le pilotage de ces voitures, mais comme d'autres pilotes, j'ai pas mal de peine à savoir correctement où je me situe par rapport aux autres en "close fight".

Rendez-vous à Brands Hatch, merci HSO !  :top: 

Last edited by Jean-François Bovy on Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:02

Well, if my PC would had trouble with some parts, I would gladly turn them into pieces  :hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:31

Jean-François Bovy wrote:

J'aime beaucoup le pilotage de ces voitures, mais comme d'autres pilotes, j'ai pas mal de peine à savoir correctement où je me situe par rapport aux autres en "close fight".

investir dans le multiscreen, ça agrémente beaucoup le jouet Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:33

Mike Becnel wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:

and then ended up in the trees
which i could not get out ..  Sad 

I left a tire and a few body parts in there, did you see any?  :doh: 

Mike was that your Woman's Weekly i found in the bushes  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:43

sorry Jukka

it was my first real race with 1965 mod and perhaps not so good than a pro pilot like you
i was very on the limit with the reg racing and was very difficult to retain the group behind
with the brabham dw it was more easy for me , i think you will were not so angry after me
on the lap 30 , i think and it is perhaps normal but risky, you take the brakes twenty meters before the limit point and braking in the middle
very confuse but very surprise with this it was impossible to take another line
and excuse me but we are in race and at the moment i was very angry after you you make that so....
sorry for you but you made a good race after

so ....

you will have a another race to fight with me i hope, to put me out , but i promise you, i will not take the brake before the limit
i dont think it s a goog idea ... but ok i m a bad duck

good evening jukka hope be better after

nb: lap 2....cut
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:52

Peter Blom wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

If a car appears in your mirror very big and next to you then I know not to turn in like normal...all I need  :hihi: 

Well PITA KIA, when a car brakes so late from so far back (behind another car) that you are already halfway into the turn what do you do then other than stick your head between you legs and kiss your ass goodbye?  Question Question Question :smil20: :smil20: :smil20:

Carl Larrad wrote:

Mike was that your Woman's Weekly i found in the bushes  lol!

I was wondering where that...ummm...I mean NO! Heavens no that is not mine!  Embarassed Embarassed

But I'll have one of our porters come pick that up straight away and have it buried with the sponge they cleaned up the inside of my car with.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Mon 27 Jan 2014 - 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Jan 26th]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next