Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved. Empty
PostSubject: Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.   Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved. Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013 - 20:35

Note to all,

The HSO-A Open at road Atlanta is being shortened to 1/2 of original race length. We normally do not run anything but full length races but since HSO-A is new and we are trying to increase participation we are making this change. At 40 laps the race will last just over an hour and should not require a pit for most cars.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 21:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.   Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved. Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 2:41

Good idea, and thanks, Mike. I hope it encourages participation. It looked to me like the Capri was going to need two stops. Maybe I can figure a way to pull a fuel wagon behind me.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.   Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved. Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 5:22

Jim Carvalho wrote:
Good idea, and thanks, Mike. I hope it encourages participation. It looked to me like the Capri was going to need two stops. Maybe I can figure a way to pull a fuel wagon behind me.
You should be able to extend the mileage with earlier shifts and a taller final gear. It will be close though. Testing showed 35 laps as the range for the Capri but that was running to red line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.   Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race length announcement - Atlanta HSO-A length halved.
Page 1 of 1