Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]

Go down 
+27
Chris Hamilton
Matt Richards
finally gone :)
Ruben Freitas
Ben Paulet
Martin Audran
Gérard Ryon
Philippe Martinelli
Florkin Marc
Jonatan Acerclinth
Anders Nilsson
Patrick Marucco
Pascal Le pihive
Joel Sixou
Tiago Malafaya
Cyril Derkir
James Knowles
Teemu Toikka
Yves Plaçais
David Jundt
Alessio Campigotto
Joshua Anderson
Matthew Allington
Greg Hunt
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
Guillaume Siebert
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:22

Mike Becnel wrote:
Matthew Allington wrote:
Let's hope for a repeat of Suzuka's super-clean first lap Smile
Great 1st lap. You hit me on the left rear at the start then shift all the way left and panic break in front of one of the best drivers and he nails you and the resulting chaos sweeps me and others off the track
+1

Got hit twice in the back before I got really angry and hit him before retiring...

From now on, I'm totally against newcomers in the middle of a championship.. if my word counts for anything

I was excepting a great race.

@Matthew: if you don't know how to drive in a platoon, then don't....

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:33

I had one job. ONE job (not retire) and that's what I did. Razz

Downshifted from 4th or 5th to 2nd accidentally, and blew the damn DFR up. Crying or Very sad 

But look on the bright side: I managed to avoid the chaos at the start, and actually got a decent start - I was 9th at one point! :champ:

Here's to hopefully another season of this mod. Where I will hopefully end up with a better car Razz

Last edited by Joshua Anderson on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:34

Remember Tiago, I came in really late in the WS70 series when I started HSO. BUT, I was hyper careful (well, as careful as I was able to because at that time I really sucked and had no force feedback) so exception can be made. This is why he did not get the Ferrari he begged for. He would have been hitting Yves and Greg vs you and I as Yves son (who is the one he panic broke on, I thought it was Yves).

Matthew you will need to focus on your race starts and courtesy, you already have the speed down for sure! you are really fast. Once you show you are consistent and not prone to bone head moves you'll get a top car and I suspect will have many wins. But not right now bumper car boy.

Joshua Anderson wrote:

But look on the bright side: I managed to avoid the chaos at the start, and actually got a decent start - I was 9th at one point! :champ:
I watched the chaos from your point of view in replay. I bet you puckered up lol!

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:38

Shucks..

Was having an error free decent run, starting driving a bit differently, got over confident and pranged it....

Yes -I agree Mike-my favorite as well.

Thanks Gui-best of luck in your future pursuits...
Back to top Go down
Chris Hamilton
Rookie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:38

Was feeling a little tired, so I took a nap a couple of hours before the start time. Managed to sleep through the start.Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:40

Mike Becnel wrote:
Remember Tiago, I came in really late in the WS70 series when I started HSO. BUT, I was hyper careful (well, as careful as I was able to because at that time I really sucked and had no force feedback) so exception can be made. This is why he did not get the Ferrari he begged for. He would have been hitting Yves and Greg vs you and I as Yves son (who is the one he panic broke on, I thought it was Yves).

Matthew you will need to focus on your race starts and curtesy, you already have the speed down for sure! you are really fast. Once you show you are consistent and not prone to bone head moves you'll get a top car and I suspect will have many wins. But not right now bumper car boy.
In all fairness to Matthew: I've seen him race in many other leagues, and he is one hell of a quick guy, and a courteous one at that. I've seen him score points regularly, and in my personal opinion he's more than capable of being in the top cars given half a chance. Also: At the start, I actually went through a few cars (lag?) so I'd consider that. And it did look awfully tight into T1 - I saw about 5 cars go in at once...

Also, about the statement from your quote I bolded: I'd understand if you were annoyed at him for the chaos at the start, but I really don't see any need for that towards him at all.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:40

Mike Becnel wrote:

Matthew you will need to focus on your race starts and curtesy, you already have the speed down for sure! you are really fast. Once you show you are consistent and not prone to bone head moves you'll get a top car and I suspect will have many wins. But not right now bumper car boy.

Joshua Anderson wrote:

I watched the chaos from your point of view in replay. I bet you puckered up lol! 
Quite frankly, I thought I'd never have such a chance at a good start again - so I took it! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:41

The thing I manged to see after the replay is that he hasn't got a clue that his car is faster than everyone else he's fighting with.... I bet he thinks he's doing all the job and not the car... the speed differnce in the turns is huge and he doens't even notice it..

I correct my mistake.... wasn't hit twice.... but thrice........ :D  (2 at the hairpin and the last after the 1st chicane)
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:47

Joshua Anderson wrote:

Also, about the statement from your quote I bolded: I'd understand if you were annoyed at him for the chaos at the start, but I really don't see any need for that towards him at all.
You feel free to watch the replay and see him hit me out in the open when I am going straight as an arrow and tell me if my comment is not justified. "Bumper Car Boy" stands.

The contact I refer to happened on the straight, not when he power broke and collected 2 others then me.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:47

Watching back the replay, I saw that Phillipe seemed to go into the back of him, thus causing him to spin out and crash into the others. He wasn't anywhere near you. He then seemed to retire, which is strange considering that he lapped me later on. Maybe I've just got a bugged replay.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:51

Joshua Anderson wrote:
Watching back the replay, I saw that Phillipe seemed to go into the back of him, thus causing him to spin out and crash into the others. He wasn't anywhere near you. He then seemed to retire, which is strange considering that he lapped me later on. Maybe I've just got a bugged replay.
Phillipe had nowhere to go. Matthew over broke (in my opinion). He was probably hyped up from all the contact he made. I am sure he was already damaged. Bumper carrrrs :D

And watching it from his point of view the hit on me was intentional.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:51

Another race where you guys offer me points on the silvet tablet and I refuse by cluttering my car into a wall :aie: 

1. I managed to lose my FW on the back of Marc Florkin. Sorry Marc, I was taking some corners a bit faster and if it wasn't for the straights, I'd have caught you.

2. I also only noticed in the race that my G27 wasn't properly fixed on my wheelstand anymore. It kept moving during steering a little as the bolts weren't firmly screwed on. This also contributed to me being wobbly.

I changed to cockpit camera after my 2nd loss of the front wing. Managed to overtake some guys and get closer to the Top 8 again when I wanted to catch a spin at the "Mika-Häkkinen-Memorial-Corner" and drove straight into the tyre stack, bouncing the other way.

Luckily, Cyril and Oscar(as I had unlapped myself before) weren't close enough to get caught in my mess.

Sadly, it marks my 3rd retirement in the last 3 races. Not what I wanted to finish the season like Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:56

LOl thank god last outing in the dreadful Brabham . Thank HSO for putting this league up cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:59

Joshua Anderson wrote:
I know he's your friend, but defending him on a situation like this won't solve anything; if you have doubts in Mike's crash, try to see the three times he hits me. the last one damaged my left rear suspension and made me mad

BTW: HSO this one of my favourite mods too, despite one of the admins didn't like it, but he doesn't know anything at all, so I want to see this champ next year :hihi: 

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:59

Mike Becnel wrote:
Matthew over broke (in my opinion). He was probably hyped up from all the contact he made. I am sure he was already damaged.
It helps if I look at the rest of the replay before claiming it's bugged... :doh: 

Anyway: I don't have any feed from after lap 17 (when I retired) but I can't see any point during those 17 laps where he took you out Mike. He came close at the start, but he didn't. He did have a biggie at the start, but that was due to Philippe going into the back of him. And I disagree with your claim he over-broke: his braking distance seemed sensible to me. Philippe went into him at quite a high speed too...

Mike Becnel wrote:
You feel free to watch the replay and see him hit me out in the open when I am going straight as an arrow and tell me if my comment is not justified.
Based on the above: I don't feel your comment is justified. There. I said it.

E: Tiago, I didn't see him make any contact with you within those 17 laps either.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:01

Joshua Anderson wrote:
E: Tiago, I didn't see him make any contact with you within those 17 laps either.
I advise you to look again Wink 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:08

Everyone is welcome to have their opinion. My main issue is with the initial contact. Not sure how your replay does not show his RF tire jumping when it hits my LR.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:08

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Joshua Anderson wrote:
I advise you to look again Wink 
Okay, yes, he did hit you. But, you then seemed to go into the back of him too before retiring - any particular explanation for that?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:12

OK, this dog has been beat to death. Let's move on.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:13

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Matthew Allington wrote:
Great 1st lap. You hit me on the left rear at the start then shift all the way left and panic break in front of one of the best drivers and he nails you and the resulting chaos sweeps me and others off the track
+1

Got hit twice in the back before I got really angry and hit him before retiring...
Ask me for more explanations :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:15

The stewards would like a word with Tiago after they get Mike out of the sniper's nest.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:15

Mike Becnel wrote:
Matthew you will need to focus on your race starts and courtesy, you already have the speed down for sure! you are really fast. Once you show you are consistent and not prone to bone head moves you'll get a top car and I suspect will have many wins. But not right now bumper car boy.
I think this pretty much sums up my race. My deepest apologies go to Tiago, Mike and all others for the 'bumper cars' Sad Sad Sad 
tbh I didn't realize that I hit Mike at the start, but certainly with Tiago I understand that I was far too impatient and that my racecraft was nigh-on unacceptable and, to say the least, needs work!

Believe it or not, this is the first rave in which I've ever collided with an opponent with race-ending consequences. I intend it to be my last!

Though I agree, Mike's right - I'm better off in the slower cars until I get my racecraft together :aie:

Good night, guys.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Matthew Allington wrote:
+1

Ask me for more explanations :hello: [/quote

That's what I thought.

The fact you hit him out of rage because your suspension was damaged says it all. This alone makes any claim you have against him null and void, as you were fully prepared to hit him back for hitting you (despite the fact a slightly damaged suspension is not always the end of a race). An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind; and it's sure as hell not a good attitude to take in sim-racing.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:17

Shut up Joshua. Read your PMs.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:17

Matthew's answer is all that I needed... Apologies accepted and also my apologies for the hit (my blood boils in certain circumstances :D )

You Joshua..... grow up :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]   Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 16 - Australian Grand Prix [Nov 24]
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next