Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

[Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico  Empty
PostSubject: [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico    [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico  Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 13:30

Quote :
NOTES:
Donington Park was once a premier venue for Grand Prix racing during the 1930s. Over that period, the circuit underwent various changes to the layout. By 1937 the circuit was up to a 5.029km length which is what I have tried to recreate for Rfactor.

I have tried my best to bring the era of the 1930s Grand Prix racing to life for Rfactor with what I had available to me. However I have had to make a few compromises during the design process so that cars would actually be able to drive on the track.
The real Donington of 1937 had some seriously rough bumps. In fact the approach to the hairpin was so steep that the cars took off and landed quite abrasively just before the braking zone. This was also the case on the run to the start / finish line.
For Rfactor, I had to reduce the angle of these bumps as the AI would hit the bumps at almost full speed and the crash practically every time, thus I was one of very few cars to actually complete a lap during testing.

I then modified the bumps ever so slightly to reduce this change of annihilation of the AI cars, though now they brought their speeds right down to a crawl just before the bumps and thus, the following cars would crash into these near static objects in the middle of the road.
Ultimately, what I have done is modify the historical circuit just to a point that the AI can negotiate the circuit without a 100% chance of incident and be competitive. No doubt the purists out there will say this is no good as a result, but I believe it is a worthy compromise.

Included in this Zip :
Donington Park Grand Prix Course 1937
Donington Park Special Reverse 1937

This is the first track in over two years that I have made multiple layouts for. The GP Course is that of 1937 as it was. While the Special Reverse is one that I found to be just as functional and fun during testing, so I decided to include it. I don't however believe that it was ever used in a reverse configuration during that period.

Download Link [url=]http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?s=f75a5d8c33d9611a57490e9856734d67&app=downloads&showfile=4580[/url]
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico    [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico  Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 21:47

Cool, My Local track! Was only there 2-3 weeks ago for the Masters historic series event, Will be great to drive in its original layout! The track in this form always reminds me of the 'Spirit of speed 1937' game

Will download Soon :clap:
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico    [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico  Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 22:00

Unfortunately you will find out that the SoS 1937 Donnington is more historically accurate than this one. Neutral

I didn't saw the gates in the release, for example, when you go into the woods and close to the houses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico    [Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Release] Donington Park 1937 Grand Prix by Rodrrico
Page 1 of 1