Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WIP Group C mod

Go down 
+9
Patrick Marucco
Jens Kraft
Ben Paulet
Diego Dário
Alessio Campigotto
Mike Becnel
Guillaume Siebert
David Jundt
Vadim Sadoshenko
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 18:35

WIP Group C mod Legaln10
Group C Racing

Developer:
Vadim Sadoshenko

Material used(models of cars):
SportPrototypes LE v2.2
GroupC Revival Mod
GCLegends
IMSA GTP

The creators of the models used are the co-authors and co-owners of this modification.

Note:
The physical model is brand new, is based on the real characteristics of the cars Group C.

Last edited by Vadim Sadoshenko on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 8:54; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 18:43

The failing BRM Shocked

Is the RC32V Toyota the same as the Gran Turismo one?

The 787 includes the b aswell?

And is the Gebhardt the same car as the Lola?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 19:07

David Jundt wrote:
The failing BRM Shocked

Is the RC32V Toyota the same as the Gran Turismo one?

The 787 includes the b aswell?

And is the Gebhardt the same car as the Lola?
Toyota R32V
WIP Group C mod Dyn00610

There was a view of course Mazda 787b.

The last question I don't quite understand.

Today lay out Mercedes C9 with the final physical model. But the use of it will be possible only with mod Endurance Series SP2. As to the finalization of basic mod it will take me a couple of days. But the quality of the physical model can be estimated now.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 19:55

The correct name is Toyota 90C-V Wink
R32V is the name of the engine.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 20:12

Thanks Guillaume for the clarification, already fixed.
If you have installed the mod Endurance Series SP2, you can try Mercedes C9, the link in the first post.
For reviews about the car would be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 21:55

The Gebhardt should be in one of those Group C mods aswell. I think it was the F1C conversation that had it.

Is it the same as the Lola?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 22:51

Is the Rothman's 962 available?? Love that car!

Do I also need to be using this along with the SP2 mod? If so, where can I get that. I am not sure which topic covers it.

Edit:

Just drove the car. The car is beautiful. I have this exact car as a 1/32 slot car. Love it.

The engine sounds have a some sort of high pitch annoying singing sound that goes up and down at max revs. Also, the fidelity of the sound just seems low (low quality). I do like the gear grinding sounds from the plugins though Smile

I do not notice any change in car handling with extreme changes in springs and downforce. The front tires always grip very well (even with no front downforce and maximum springs) and the rear tires break away easily (even with minimum springs and max rear down force). I am not very experienced and would prefer to see what others say.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 8:43

Mike Becnel wrote:
Is the Rothman's 962 available?? Love that car!

Do I also need to be using this along with the SP2 mod? If so, where can I get that. I am not sure which topic covers it.

Edit:

Just drove the car. The car is beautiful. I have this exact car as a 1/32 slot car. Love it.

The engine sounds have a some sort of high pitch annoying singing sound that goes up and down at max revs. Also, the fidelity of the sound just seems low (low quality). I do like the gear grinding sounds from the plugins though WIP Group C mod 420535

I do not notice any change in car handling with extreme changes in springs and downforce. The front tires always grip very well (even with no front downforce and maximum springs) and the rear tires break away easily (even with minimum springs and max rear down force). I am not very experienced and would prefer to see what others say.
On the subject of Rothman's there are such variants:
Porsche 962C
WIP Group C mod Rfacto44
Porsche 956
WIP Group C mod Rfacto45
These screenshots are in the first post!
Namely 962 unfortunately not represented in the coloring Rothman's.

The quality sounds for prototypes of those years in rFactor this is
definitely a problem. Downforce have the possibility to enlarge, if
anyone else think that the difference between the minimum and maximum
values are not great. However, I have not noticed, what would the rear
axle trying to break in high-speed cornering. Reversals of the car first
of all connected with the tremendous power transmitted to the wheels.
That requires accurate (thoughtful) the handling of the gas pedal at the
exit of turn. And of course of great importance for I have given
setting up the gear box. I am very grateful to you Mike for the testing
of the vehicle and of the information provided. I am glad that in
General you have a good impression of the physical model.
Let me remind you that the physical model will be individual for each vehicle!
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:16

Does the Lancia LC2 have the Martini scheme? For whatever reason, I would choose Lancia over anything. Only fault is it will corrode and rust over after 1 event Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 0:03

Vadim,

You are correct that the engine will break the rear wheels away VERY fast! 1st gear is very fun in that car.

When I say the back end breaks away I mean in all situations it does not seem to change when I reduce the rear suspension stiffness (shocks). This is when coasting, accelerating or decelerating. Once I drop the suspension down in the back I expect the car to push. It never pushes like I expect it to even with front downforce set to 1. The front tires always grip very hard.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:24

Mike Becnel wrote:
Vadim,

You are correct that the engine will break the rear wheels away VERY fast! 1st gear is very fun in that car.

When I say the back end breaks away I mean in all situations it does not seem to change when I reduce the rear suspension stiffness (shocks). This is when coasting, accelerating or decelerating. Once I drop the suspension down in the back I expect the car to push. It never pushes like I expect it to even with front downforce set to 1. The front tires always grip very hard.
On the basis of your comments Mike today has improved the aerodynamics of the car, increased downforce and it gave excellent results. With regards to the front wheels I unfortunately made inaccurate in their width. Parameter somewhat above the required value. That determined the inflated grip. This I also corrected. In the following vehicles such inaccuracies will not be. Thank you very much for the useful information!!!
And found a couple of interesting cars!
Toyota Eagle MkIII
WIP Group C mod Rfacto47
WIP Group C mod Toyota10
Nissan GTP-ZX
WIP Group C mod Rfacto48
WIP Group C mod Nissan10
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:36

You got my attention here sir. :spy:
Nice work, Group C cars is always a beautiful sight to my eyes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:48

Diego Dário wrote:
You got my attention here sir. :spy:
Nice work, Group C cars is always a beautiful sight to my eyes. Very Happy
For me the main thing, what would you have received the pleasure of driving the car Wink !
Associated with this is a very serious work on the physical model!

P.S By the way the cars which have no exterior mirrors, they will be installed.
For example Nissan R92 and Nissan GTP-ZX.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 10:22

Nice work Vadim. :top:
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 12:10

Ben Paulet wrote:
Nice work Vadim. :top:
I will do my best to please you the quality of the mod.
Thank You Ben!

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 13:20

Vadim,

Front tire width being set wide explains most of what I see then. Will you try cutting them down a lot and repost the car here?

The Nissan you posted a picture of is certainly an iconic car in my memory. I hated that car and loved it at the same time. You must add it!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:24

How did you find them? Weren't they in one of the mods from the start?

Btw: This car would be interesting to have...

http://the-ic.deviantart.com/art/IMSA-Mazda-RX-792P-WIP5-131474432?offset=30#comments

The Mazda R792P.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 19:43

Mike
Just the other day I finish work over the basic mod. And Mecedes C9 with all amendments thereto put. You no longer have to install the final cars in other mods. Nissan which you are interested in does not have any serious bugs and without a doubt will be included in the mod. The machines are not only works optics and therefore it is not suitable for night races. This I can easily fix. The possibility to use the car for the night races obligatory condition.

David
In fashions that are indicated as a used material no Toyota Eagle MkIII and Nissan GTP-ZX.
Guillaume hid from me these cars :grrr: :D .
I managed to find them in one of the sections of the forum. Where once Guillaume laid out a beta version of the mod Group C.
Me a little not understandable information on the link you provided. Mazda R792P a very interesting car, but the links to download the machine itself, I never found. Are you sure that this car was created for rfactor?
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:34

Thus I said it would be nice if there was... but it was probably never made for rF Sad
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 19:01

Vadim

sorry, i still ahve not testing, i am just here now and now it is the race. i dunno i have to go back to work i will try to make it well, sry, dont be disappointed
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012 - 17:29

Please provide theoretical support in solving such problem:
Windshield with DX9 become opaque, in the cockpit visibility as through the tinted glass.
WIP Group C mod Rfacto49
WIP Group C mod Rfacto50
When DX7 and DX8 looks and works fine.
WIP Group C mod Rfacto51
WIP Group C mod Rfacto52

What could be the reason for this flaw? scratch

Nissan R92 added mirrors:
WIP Group C mod Rfacto53

Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012 - 21:11

Usually these window problems are due to a texture error with the windshield file, usually the setting for the anti alias settings when saved I believe.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012 - 20:55

How's it going with the mod Vadim? Some problems to fix?
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012 - 22:21

Of course it's time to inform you about the state of the mod. All significant graphical shortcomings of models I managed to resolve. The Mod works great for any graphics settings. But the most important thing is coming to an end work on the physical model of the car. Let me remind you that I'm strictly adhered to the real characteristics of each of the prototype. At the time of release I will give detailed technical help on each car. And you in the time of testing can be aware of what you are dealing Wink . By the way release will include a basic mod(With a manageable safety car) and Pak of ten prototypes:

Jaguar XJR12
Lancia LC2
Mazda 787b
Mercedes C9
Nissan R92
Nissan GTP-ZX
Porsche 956
Porsche 962 CK6
Toyota 90CV
Toyota Eagle MkIII
(If this mod will be in demand, I intend to add a number of prototypes).

I want to mention one important point! I did not set the goal of strictly equal prototypes. On the contrary, I have sought to emphasize the individuality of each car! But the default settings will be exhibited so that the prototypes were almost equal.
Any of the prototype in this case has a huge potential! Say for sure which of the car on any track will dominate impossible!
It is without a doubt will be of the highest quality and a sophisticated mod Group C for rFactor.
I hope already in the middle of November you will be able to judge about it!

I also hope that you will be able to understand what is written here :aie: !
The more competently I Express the idea, the more foolish it turns out the translation! pig !

Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012 - 16:09

Looks very promissing Vadim! Very Happy

And i REALLY like your idea of each car having its own set of physics. this is what other people doing Grp C mods to rFactor have done wrong IMHO, they just did a boring league edition.

Do you have intent on working with cars of a specific series or year, like the IMSA championship or the WSC? and what about skins, you will work on creating more?

Thanks for your time and work! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIP Group C mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP Group C mod   WIP Group C mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Group C mod
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next