Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Hockenheim

Go down 
+16
Florkin Marc
Jan Verschueren
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Abat Hernaez
Laurent Duconge
Jean-François Bovy
Carlo Pozzi
Steve Parker
Yves Plaçais
Tiago Malafaya
Carl Larrad
Roman Koranda
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 20:36

sorti tout seul dans le stadium alors que j'avais un bon début
j'm'étais jamais raté à cet endroit, 'm'en veux Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 20:38

I do not know what happened, but I was disqualified. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 21:05

Piste de m... qui me rend bien la haine que je lui porte. Et en plus je comprends rien à certaines réactions des voitures. Même point de freinage, même vitesse. Et hop d'un coup d'un seul sans aucune raison vlà la Renault qui décide que c'est l'heure de sous virer et d'aller dans le sable à Nordkehre. Suspension cassée exit
J'étais un tranquille quatrième.
Je commence à en avoir un peu ma claque de ces voitures qui ont des sautes d'humeur. Je vais réflechir et voir si je continue le championnat car je ne m'amuse absolument pas avec la RS 11 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:16

Great fun tonight :top:

I had my usual bad start and Tiago went past
First laps: Comfortably in 3rd, i did the same Dijon strategy, staying close but not too close to Greg and Tiago to save tyres for the end of the race
At some point Greg went past and started to pull away, so i started to attack Tiago, unfortunately at Opelkurve he went wide, i tried to move to the right to avoid him when he returned on track but i had nowhere to go and we collided, sorry m8, hope that wasn't the reason for your subsequential retirement Sad

Then i started a hot pursuit on the Mclaren, we nearly clocked the same laptimes during the whole race and i was struggling to close, then he made a couple of very small mistakes and i was close on his rear wing, unfortunately i made a couple of mistakes as well and the gap increased to 2.5s with 3 laps to go
Jan held him up a lot on the penultimate lap and i was close again, i saw it was my chance, we were alongside on the final straight before the stadium with me on the outside, we stayed alongside until he pushed me on the grass (not the best of moves but i can understand Greg, we were on the very closing stages!! )

So i lost a little bit of time there and on the final lap i was not close enough before the stadium, so i tried an impossible move by entering very wide on the last 2 corners to have a fast exit, but the finish line was too close from the exit of the last turn and i couldn't make a move, just 75 thousands of a second was damn close Smile :second:

Congrats to all the finishers and see you in Austria!!
Back to top Go down
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 23:50

Carlo Pozzi wrote:
Jan held him up a lot on the penultimate lap <snip>

I take offense to the way you phrased that.

I did nothing of the sort, you two just caught me at a bad spot along the track. Before the chicane Greg was too far behind for me to let him around without squarely ending up in your way (which I'm sure you would not have liked) and I couldn't let you both through without slowing significantly on the straight, which I consider to be very dangerous, so I didn't do that either.

The only thing I could do was take the chicane as fast as the condition of my car allowed me and get out of the way after. It actually was one of my better passes and, as it appears to me, it was only when Greg tried to emulate my throttle pick-up point in a car with less downforce, with most likely a more twitchy setup and in dirty air, his rear-end stepped out and he lost time with regard to you.

Besides, you lost time too, catching me at Ostkurve the first time you lapped me. So that evens things out.

I am aware most people here possibly do not regard me favourably as a racer through my lack of ultimate speed, but, as this race clearly shows, it's actually not easy to go consistently quicker than I do without repeatedly risking running out of talent at some point. If more people prepared like me, used conservative setups like me and drove with their brain switched on like me, there would be more finishers. :langue:

Last edited by Jan Verschueren on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 0:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 23:57

Jan Verschueren wrote:
and drove with their brain switched on like me, there would be more finishers. :langue:

I Take offense to your point lol!

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 23:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 23:57

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
<snip> Et hop d'un coup d'un seul sans aucune raison vlà la Renault qui décide que c'est l'heure de sous virer et d'aller dans le sable à Nordkehre. Suspension cassée exit
J'étais un tranquille quatrième.

Voilà ton problème: nous roulions tous à Hockenheim hors que t'étais au Nurburgring... :langue:

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Je commence à en avoir un peu ma claque de ces voitures qui ont des sautes d'humeur. Je vais réflechir et voir si je continue le championnat car je ne m'amuse absolument pas avec la RS 11 Evil or Very Mad

Changes de voiture alors... je me suis même amusé avec l'ATS l'an dernier. Je n'ai battu personne, bien sûr, mais elle était agréable à piloter.

Sur la même voie... est-ce-que Desposito sait qu'il peut s'offrir une voiture bienne meiilieure??

Last edited by Jan Verschueren on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 13:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 0:07

Carl Larrad wrote:
Jan Verschueren wrote:
and drove with their brain switched on like me, there would be more finishers. :langue:

I Take offense to your point lol!

Offense intended... :raclure:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 8:48

[quote="Jan Verschueren"] Voilà ton problème: nous roulions tous à Hockenheim hors que t'étais au Nurburgring... :langue:[quote="Jan Verschueren"]

:doh: :doh: :doh: Ostkurve
If I was at Nordschleiffe I will perhaps have seen the checkered as it's the kind of track I'm found of (got my first and only victory there). Hockenheim is at the opposite place than Nordschleiffe is in my favourite track in the world...well not quite as Norschleiffe is first best ever and Hockenheim second worse ever.

Jan Verschueren wrote:

Changes de voiture alors... je me suis même amusé avec l'ATS l'an dernier. Je n'ai battu personne, bien sûr, mais elle était agréable à piloter

It's how the mod work I don't like. I've a pain in the a... to got good set for every car I drive (Shadow, ATS and Lotus for a race, both MacLaren and now both Renault). I don't underestand how the physics works. And then I'm loosing time to find set who could suited me for a race (not to mention qualifications as those cars need TWO set to work with). At any race I've to use someone else set, something I never do with any others mod (even if I'm sharing informations to enhanced mine in F5000 for instance).
The Renault is indeed a funny car to drive. It's in fact the funniest of the lot. It gives you sensations of driving something alive. For instance it's the only car in this mod I could start to do a four wheel drift without spinning and crashing. And the sound is awesome (much more enjoyable than the Cosworth).

No it's just that, at a time during the race, the cars start to behave differently without any warning. It's normal a car behave differently with full tank and fresh tyres than with half tank and worn tyres. But here those changes happen "strangely" (at least for me). With the speed those cars reach, this unpredictible and sudden changes of behaviour usely ended in a crash for me. It's exactly what happened at Ostkurve yesterday and for nearly every retirement I've got in this serie (and it's quite a few).
Those car needs a considerable amount of time to be understand at any time of race. Time I don't have the desire to find as I could use it to drive with the as demanding but far more fun F5000. The 79 are far too complex (something to the credit of the authors paradoxly as F1 are supposed to be the more complex car in the world) for me to cope with. So Germany will probably be the last ever race I've attend to with this mod.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 14:31

--> RESULTS <--
--> REPLAY <--

Updating the standings asap Wink
:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 14:34

Standings are updated on the site Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 15:38

bravo pour vos résultats les Tyrrell boys !!
bravo Greg et Carlo !
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 18:56

merci Jf :top:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2011 - 11:24

enfin ma 1ere victoire de la saison apres 3 déconnections alors que j'étais en tete des courses Smile
j 'ai fait un bon départ , mais le phénomène d'aspiration étant super important sur ce circuit dans la 1ere ligne droite Tiago a pris la tete , a partir de la s est engagé une belle bagarre entre Tiago et moi pendant 2 tours ou j'ai fini par prendre le dessus sur lui , Carlo est passé 2nd et la nous avons passé les 45 tours de la course a faire des tours qualifs , je maintenais facilement Carlo entre 1.5 s et 3 s derriere moi . dans l avant dernier tour avant la 1er chicane je reviens comme un avion sur Jan , en pensant qu il me laisserait passer avant la chicane , je suis surpris par sa réaction de la prendre et a la sortie de celle ci j échappe de tres pres a la correctionnelle lorsque je vais mettre 2 roues dans l herbe pour éviter de le toucher , je suis partis dans 2 énormes travers dont je ne sais toujours pas comment j ai reussi a les rattraper a cette vitesse la .

De la Carlo en a profité pour revenir et se coller dans mon aspiration , a la 2eme chicane je reviens au niveau de Jan , je suis obligé de la prendre a la meme vitesse que lui , Carlo plonge sur la ligne exterieure , et a l entrée du stadium tente un dépassement par l 'exterieur impossible et va mettre tout seul sa voiture sur le vibreur exterieur sans aucune aide de ma part Twisted Evil .

et nous finissons le dernier tour roues dans roues en franchissant la ligne d'arrivé avec seulement 0.75 millièmes d'écart entre nous deux

Well Done Carlo , Vincent and Jan :clap: :clap:

:first: see you next time :hello:
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2011 - 13:00

Greg Goissen wrote:
Carlo plonge sur la ligne exterieure , et a l entrée du stadium tente un dépassement par l 'exterieur impossible et va mettre tout seul sa voiture sur le vibreur exterieur sans aucune aide de ma part Twisted Evil .

Tout seul sans aucune aide de ma part, interesting affraid Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2011 - 17:53

google traduction
yes and what's the problem Carlo ? I only keep my normal line that all , and to me you tried to pass me to the outside and and it's not possible here without ending up on the curb outside that all . what you wanted ? I go throw myself into the wall to let you go ? and more specialy in the last lap ?

edit : merci aux adminis de donner leur avis sur cette action . :chinois: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2011 - 19:03

Je pense que tu devrais réfléchir un peu avant de dire des conneries grosses comme ça sans même t'excuser et ensuite nous prendre à témoin. Ce serait mon champ tu prendrais une pénalité.

En s'excusant sur le forum au lieu de faire le petit coq ça passait évidemment, mais apparemment tu es trop fier pour ça...
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Sep 2011 - 20:05

Greg Goissen wrote:
google traduction
yes and what's the problem Carlo ? I only keep my normal line that all , and to me you tried to pass me to the outside and and it's not possible here without ending up on the curb outside that all . what you wanted ? I go throw myself into the wall to let you go ? and more specialy in the last lap ?

edit : merci aux adminis de donner leur avis sur cette action . :chinois: :hello:

I'm not angry about not being able to pass you of course, it was a very difficult move and a bit desperate being one of the last chances
But i must be angry when you said i went wide by myself, in fact you pushed me not once, not twice but three times :doh:

I'm curious to know what the admins said about that :hello:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 0:13

hmmmm pushed off track :hum: seem to remember someone doing that to me on few occasions,less bleating and more fun needed :langue:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 8:13

Antoine avant de m'excuser faudrait peut etre m'expliquer ce que j ai fait de mal , car en toute honneteté j'ai beau visionné cet extrait vidéo a plusieurs reprises je ne vois rien de mal de ma part , de plus je pense qu il faudrait voir la vidéo de ma caméra embarquée et non cette vidéo vue arriere qui fausse pas mal de chose je trouve ... sur la vidéo de Carlo on voit bien que je ne peux apercevoir la roue avant droite de Carlo qu' a la 11eme seconde et que l'action est terminée a la 12 eme seconde .....

On voit bien également que je freine plus tard que Carlo et que je suis et garde la ligne de course normale ....
pour moi je trouve plus que c est Carlo qui essaie de forcer le passage par l exterieur et que c est pour cela qu'on se touche ( je dirais plutot qu on se caresse ou qu on s'effleure ...) .

pour toi que devais je faire ? en sachant que l on arrive a environ 300 km/h au point de freinage et que l on négocie cette courbe au alentour de 160 km/h .... et que comme expliqué plus haut tout se passe entre 1 et 1.5 s maximum .

Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 11:05

Steve Parker wrote:
hmmmm pushed off track :hum: seem to remember someone doing that to me on few occasions,less bleating and more fun needed :langue:

During the warmup, i was experimenting where to pass and where not (especially where not!! :doh: ) , i think i have apologized you both times :hello:

Yes more fun and less pride dear Greg :top:
Back to top Go down
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Sep 2011 - 2:42

Greg Goissen wrote:
<snip> dans l avant dernier tour avant la 1er chicane je reviens comme un avion sur Jan , en pensant qu il me laisserait passer avant la chicane

Euh... non: ta voiture ne grandiait pas de façon inquiètante dans mes retros, donc tu ne revenais pas comme un avion. Tu revenais, tout court, et t'étais trop loin pour te laisser passer sans gravement désavanteger ton concurrent (j'ai access au "splits" aussi en roulant, tu sais... ). Je suis sûr que t'auras aimé que je m'éfface, mais mon sense de fairplay est trop évolué pour faire cela. Désolé.

Greg Goissen wrote:
je suis surpris par sa réaction de la prendre et a la sortie de celle ci j échappe de tres pres a la correctionnelle lorsque je vais mettre 2 roues dans l herbe pour éviter de le toucher , je suis partis dans 2 énormes travers dont je ne sais toujours pas comment j ai reussi a les rattraper a cette vitesse la.

T'indiques ton propre erreur: tu supposais que je m'éfface, hors, vu la situation, il n'y a aucune chance que je le ferais. Il faut rouler avec ton cerveau engagé, Greg.

Greg Goissen wrote:
Well Done Carlo , Vincent and Jan :clap: :clap:

:first: see you next time :hello:

Et bien joué toi même, sans blague... :clap: :clap:

Last edited by Jan Verschueren on Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 3:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Sep 2011 - 3:26

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
It's how the mod work I don't like. I've a pain in the a... to got good set for every car I drive (Shadow, ATS and Lotus for a race, both MacLaren and now both Renault). I don't underestand how the physics works. And then I'm loosing time to find set who could suited me for a race (not to mention qualifications as those cars need TWO set to work with). At any race I've to use someone else set, something I never do with any others mod (even if I'm sharing informations to enhanced mine in F5000 for instance).
The Renault is indeed a funny car to drive. It's in fact the funniest of the lot. It gives you sensations of driving something alive. For instance it's the only car in this mod I could start to do a four wheel drift without spinning and crashing. And the sound is awesome (much more enjoyable than the Cosworth).

No it's just that, at a time during the race, the cars start to behave differently without any warning. It's normal a car behave differently with full tank and fresh tyres than with half tank and worn tyres. But here those changes happen "strangely" (at least for me). With the speed those cars reach, this unpredictible and sudden changes of behaviour usely ended in a crash for me. It's exactly what happened at Ostkurve yesterday and for nearly every retirement I've got in this serie (and it's quite a few).
Those car needs a considerable amount of time to be understand at any time of race. Time I don't have the desire to find as I could use it to drive with the as demanding but far more fun F5000. The 79 are far too complex (something to the credit of the authors paradoxly as F1 are supposed to be the more complex car in the world) for me to cope with. So Germany will probably be the last ever race I've attend to with this mod.

I agree with your sentiment. As a matter of fact I discussed this element of unpredictability with Vince right after the race and he agreed he also was surprised by some of the reactions of the car in a race situation.

It seems the bottom lime is you can prepare all you want with these cars, you will need your reflexes at some point during a race. I, personallly, don't regard this as a bad thing, even though I'm certainly part of the contingent who will get caught out by it (through lack of talent).

Without putting too fine of a point to it, racing in an HSO sanctioned race is kind of uncompromising: you either stomach it or you don't. By this same logic, if you don't: goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Hockenheim
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3