Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Hockenheim

Go down 
+16
Florkin Marc
Jan Verschueren
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Abat Hernaez
Laurent Duconge
Jean-François Bovy
Carlo Pozzi
Steve Parker
Yves Plaçais
Tiago Malafaya
Carl Larrad
Roman Koranda
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam Svoboda
Club Driver
Adam Svoboda

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 20:57

I'll try to be there on Sunday... not sure but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:41

Here's a replay of a decent lap round Hockenheim in a Renault:

Ludo if you need a setup for Renault i'll upload it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:53

Never see the Renault so stable. Mine is jiggering on every corner ot the track compaired to that lap.
I'm braking roughly at the same point (that's the only good point I've got) but never managed to pass the chicanes that way. Nor could I take Nordkurve in 4th and that fast. In 4th gear I'm going straight in the entry and out of track very quickly. I've to switch to 3rd and even then the car is all the way understeering whatever changes I made.
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 23:17

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
I'm braking roughly at the same point (that's the only good point I've got) but never managed to pass the chicanes that way. Nor could I take Nordkurve in 4th and that fast. In 4th gear I'm going straight in the entry and out of track very quickly. I've to switch to 3rd and even then the car is all the way understeering whatever changes I made.

How much wings are you using? I made that lap using 1 1, max boost and 330kph at the end of the first straight

Your car was probably understeering because of too much rear wing
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 8:15

2-8 as it seems. Never dare to go with less as I've found the M29 too touchy last year with 2-3. The RS 11 being much heavier than the McLaren I've thought I should take quite the same wing
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 9:28

try 1-1... I'm going to a top 1.56 (twelve seconds slower than you...Never see such a gap). It's worse for me as it seems. But I've no more confidence in my abilities to race that car on that track. Doesn't help much to try something new
Back to top Go down
Jan Verschueren
Club Driver
Jan Verschueren

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 10:32

Carlo being able to do 1m44s with 1-1 wings doesn't help. It just shows you have a problem.

2-8 wings is way too much rear wing, I would recommend a setting of 2-4 or 2-5.

If we assume you know the circuit and you need 8 at the rear to stabilise the car, one of three things is happening:

Your mechanical setup (rideheights, springs, dampers, differential, brake bias) is way off

1. You're trying to carry too much speed into the turns, trying to be too brave

2. You've got your FF set wrong

Especially point 3 would be hard to fix from a distance.

My suggestion: either I can host a session before qualifying where you, me and others interested in helping out all drive the Renault and we exchange setups/ideas. Or you take the recently liberated Williams (yeah, I know, the rules... whatever, there's like 8 drivers remaining Rolling Eyes ) and take Vincent Beretta's set from last year. His sets are usually very stable. So stable, in fact, I habve trouble getting them to work, because I don't push the car as hard as he does.
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:17

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Carlo being able to do 1m44s with 1-1 wings doesn't help. It just shows you have a problem.

2-8 wings is way too much rear wing, I would recommend a setting of 2-4 or 2-5.

If we assume you know the circuit and you need 8 at the rear to stabilise the car, one of three things is happening:

Your mechanical setup (rideheights, springs, dampers, differential, brake bias) is way off

1. You're trying to carry too much speed into the turns, trying to be too brave

2. You've got your FF set wrong

Especially point 3 would be hard to fix from a distance.

My suggestion: either I can host a session before qualifying where you, me and others interested in helping out all drive the Renault and we exchange setups/ideas. Or you take the recently liberated Williams (yeah, I know, the rules... whatever, there's like 8 drivers remaining Rolling Eyes ) and take Vincent Beretta's set from last year. His sets are usually very stable. So stable, in fact, I habve trouble getting them to work, because I don't push the car as hard as he does.

I totally agree with Jan about the rear wing, 2/4 or 2/5 should make the car a bit more stable under braking, but a bit understeery
As you can see from my replay i brake slightly earlier for the chicanes (before the 200m panel) and i'm very gently with the steering, and with the throttle there
Also i was helped here by raising the rear ride height to gain a bit more stability

Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 11:19

Not a chance it's the third one. I was driving in Kimmo last's year times with the same car this year but in Germany. And I've got the same FFB set since two years. Not likely this is the good way. Can't be the source of being 2 second than with the Shadow and 5 than with McLaren with the same FF set.

the second reason/ perhaps but not likely. I'm too scared by the track to pull the speed out of the car. When carlo's going 330... I barely reach 310. And I'm braking at the same spot than he. So it's unlikely I get too much speed in entry. In fact I never done anything good on that SPECIFIC track. It's typically the kind of track I dislike since GPL. So I have no confidence whatever car I drive (even with the stable and well suited for me 911 RSR from HGT). There lies perhaps the trouble.

That give us the the first option. But whatever changes I made on the car (sometimes quite radical) the times are quite the same (more or less in the same second).

I'll see what time I managed to pull out with the car tonight. Then I shall decided wether I race or I retired

Thanks for the suggestion Jan but I have no time today to drive. And for switching car it a bit too late for me. I've never drive the Williams and it will very difficult to learn a quite different car in such short notice. Anyway the admins won't tolerated it.

The troubles aren't on braking where the car is really stable. It's the behaviour in the middle and exit of corners which are, at best, understeering. Sometimes it's even an erratic behaviour such as in corner 1 where sometimes the car understeer and pull me in the rail outside. Sometimes it oversteer...and pull me in the rail inside.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:01

Ludo you can try my set for renault tonight if you like :top:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:32

I Want my old team mate back ... :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:56

Second quali launched Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:12

STARTING GRID :

1 Gregoire Goissen Marlboro Team McLaren Cosworth 1:46,220
2 Carlo Pozzi Arrows Cosworth 1:46,274
3 Steve Parker Ferrari 1:46,942
4 Tiago Malafaya Wolf Cosworth 1:47,939
5 Roman Koranda Martini Lotus Cosworth 1:48,484
6 Vincent Beretta Candy Tyrrell Cosworth 1:48,661
7 Ludovic Tiengou Renault Elf 1:48,793
8 Carl Larrad Ligier Gitanes Cosworth 1:48,935
9 Jan Verschueren Candy Tyrrell Cosworth 1:49,683
10 Laurent Duconge Lotus Cosworth 1:50,939
11 Jean-Francois Bovy Candy Tyrrell Cosworth 1:51,297
12 Abat Hernaez Arrows Cosworth 1:51,478
13 Marc Florkin Marlboro Team McLaren Cosworth 1:52,923
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:35

:clap: Well done greg :top:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:53

Thanks Steve :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 23:06

Well done Greg, it should be great fun tomorrow :conduit:
And Ludo of course, nice lap in the Renault Smile
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 23:12

thanks Carlo , I hope too , and I hope without disconnected as usual pale pale
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 9:22

Carlo Pozzi wrote:

I'll give the credit of my time to his owners: Steve for his great set (thanks again for that piece of art) and Jan for his advices in driving style.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 11:26

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Carlo Pozzi wrote:

I'll give the credit of my time to his owners: Steve for his great set (thanks again for that piece of art) and Jan for his advices in driving style.

Your welcome m8,glad it helped :top:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:30

Greg Goissen wrote:
Tiago Malafaya wrote:
I have track geometry mismatch since qualy is launched? is it normal?

Gui hier soir en qualif tous les participants avant ce message d'erreur qui s'écrivait a chaque fois qu on sortait des stands ou qu on faisait échap , y a t il quelque chose a modifié dans nos installations pour éviter ce message d'erreur ? merci :hello:

je ne voudrais pas paraitre lourd mais je ne voudrais pas qu on rencontre tous un probleme ce soir au lancement de la course scratch :hello:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:44

Le serveur autorise les mismatch donc tout le monde pourra faire la course. Mais je ne sais pas d'où vient le problème.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:52

ok merci pour l info Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 19:15

Guiiiii ! Which car can I take for tonite ? Assuming it's ok to take my Ligier if my substitute doesn't show up ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 19:33

cheers cheers bien sur que ta ligier t attends :top: :top: fait gaffe les disques doivent etre un peu rouiller depuis le temps :D :D :conduit: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 20:36

I love this track made a stupid mistake just clipped the barrier lost my rear spoiler
got back to the pits and overshot my pitbox game over ....

Was looking forward to a good fight in this race

Really dissapointed with myself ... Sad

On a positive note
nice to see Frank back .... :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Hockenheim   Round 10 - Hockenheim - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Hockenheim
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next