Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix

Go down 
+9
Bruno Goujon
Sasha Sosnowski
Frank Verplanken
Seb
Sanjin Haler
Stewart Amos
Bill Yarbrough
Thomas Cazorla
Antoine de Mautor
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 15:31

Cannot make it...computer is still sick.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 17:09

lol second gear broke on lap 2, thanks NR2K3 ... :hello: :doh:
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 17:22

Don't you Just 'Hate' that in Built Random Destruction that occasionally occurs!!??!!,..Grrrr

What Incredibly Bad Luck,..almost as good as the run I'm having in the IMSA Series so Far,.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ,.. Laughing

Well, I could see cars ahead of me on the Warm up lap until we crested the Back of the Hill, I 'Found' everyone down the bottom of the Hill in the fast Right hander,..caught up and it Went Green and Everyone disappeared !!!,..ROFL

So I 'cruised' it for the Opening Lap, as No one 'Appeared' on Screen or on My F2 screen, until well into Lap 2 !!

You were there for a while, but then it kept Coming and going, so it Would have been Impossible in Traffic around here!

I 'Parked' it, just before the leaders caught me, which at the Super cautious speed I was travelling at was Not many laps!!!,..lol

Oh well,..Onto the Next round,..Hopefully will have atleast the quality of connection I have had previously, which so far has been Mostly OK,..still NOT Great by Any means, but was atleast Raceable.

Hope you all had a Good race !!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 20:15

Terrible 3rd part of the race for me, I lose totally my feeling with the car and I made mistakes after mistakes. Just incredible I could save this podium. Shocked
The 2nd part was a shit, I lose the sound several times because I have a faux contact (translation?) with the cable jack that goes from my pc to my amp. I had to get up to touch the jack, but I lose control 3-4 times. On one of them I wreck Andre. Sorry mate. :doh: I lost around 40s on this shit.

That was fun nevertheless lol!
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 22:53

No problem TC, things like that happen, especially on such a short and tight yet fast track like Lime Rock. I got tangled with some other cars myself because of some crazy warping or something. It all happened so fast; sorry to Frank and Alex. And then sometime in the middle of the race I crash head-on into the tire barrier just before the long sweep into the start / finish straight. I called for the tow truck and got repaired in the pits but the damage slowed the car and I could only get about 45s per lap. I tried to soldier on, just trying to let everybody pass safely, and then finally the engine gave up and I parked it. A shame really, I had a good pace and ran as high as third overall and was looking good to extend my win streak to six in Lights division... instead it is my first DNF of the season and a huge letdown. Anyway congrats to the winners and see you next round!
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 6:13

I qualified 5th, but my race went from bad to worse.
I was running 2nd or 3rd after first few lap, behind Antoine de Mautor and Carlo Pozzi, but then I was wrecked many times during overtaking attempts by Pozzi, Sanjin Haler (and replay will show who else), so my car became very hard to drive due to all the damage (not a surprise after at least two roll-overs and one sticking in the fence). It was probably the worst race I saw in GTP online racing in terms of driving standards.
OK, I understand, that you can be frustrated, because you were and are the fastest car on track, but lost 11 laps at the start due to connection problems, but why act like a loose cannon and use "bump-and-run" tactics when you are many laps down? I'm not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 8:43

It was a hard first race with the Porsche, completely different from the chassis B cars i used to drive in the past.
This track doesn't suit this car at all, i had a lot of troubles to find a decent setup for qualy and race.
Qualified 4th, but nearly 1s off the pace, doing my PB.
Had a poor start and Alex passed me, after a few laps i managed to go through him and was keeping Antoine's pace, but in the following laps i spun many times at t2, on that corner the car was really loose during all the race.
Alex passed me again, i tried to make a move on him at t4, but i nearly spun and collected his car (sorry m8 for this one and for taking you off later in the race when i was trying to lap you, i had a bit of lag at that point).

I was up into 2nd (because of Gui's accident and Sanjin's connection problems) , after my pitstop the car was a bit better and managed to do consistant laptimes until the end

Hope things will get better at Mid-Ohio, a track i like and much faster than this one

See you there!!
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 11:18

Not to good race for me. 7 place.
I did lots of mistakes becouse of driving to hard.

O have to apology to #64 for little slide to his side on turn 3 at start.
and for hitting him in back when he let pass Pozzi on outside of turn 2.

to #1 for to hard attack in 5 or 6 turn and bumping him from his race line. But no apology for other contacts cos i think i didnt do nothing wrong.
U didnt even brake in t1 and in t3 u drive intu me.

And i saw that only Alex #1 is driving at center of race track and changing lines left right. And is is normaly that I and Pozzi had a few conntacts whit You.
tip:
Better thing to do is to hold faster line and try to exit turns faster ,than driving inside line and have poor turn in and poor exit from corner and line changin on streights.

My point of view:
I sugesting to drive your line. like there is no others. and if u see that a car is by you at any of your side u should keep your side. and than when car from inside slides hi is guilty for crash.
if u let him to pass u from out side than u must hold inside and if slides u are guilty.

big problems happend when u guys lift of or change line. or bouth.
bah never mind.

Again, I had power down for 5 minutes and my race started terrible.
I was 10 laps down ind drive like a fool. i hope to take some points but i had more than 4 big hits to fance and driving on grass.
I didnt like how easy Antonie pass me in T1 cos have more power but that is ok. i was hoping to attack him and Gui if i had faster car. But that will never know. All races before when some one pass me i was not able to pass him back.

cya on mid ohio. i hope thare is some chances for my car but not shure. i think i will be forced to let pass lots of u guys on those streights.

but better than Road America.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 22:04

Nice to come back with a win, it was pretty easy tbh, after Gui pulled out and Sanjin had his disconection. Just kept my nose clean and managed to keep a consistent pace throughout the race. Smile Had a few moments of course, but overall it all went well !

Mid-Ohio should be another story.

To Alex : I think you were pretty much all over the track yesterday, twas very hard to lap you, I almost collected you once or twice because of that. It was a tight track so it's understandable. I've watched the replay and concluded that the behaviour of every driver had been good through the race.

And Grats to Seb for his win in his first ever race with us! :top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 23:13

thx for huge tolerance.

And i hope there will be no quiters cos of some bad luck racing and etc.

next race track is fun for fast cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix   Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 : Lime Rock Grand Prix
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2