Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach

Go down 
+19
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Kevin Lewis
Hervé Sabathé
Stewart Amos
Frank Verplanken
Vance Le Garde
Matt Watkins
Brendan Kaczmarek
Thomas Cazorla
Andre Lagunzad
Bill Yarbrough
Jerry Foehrkolb
Bruno Goujon
Milt Minter Jr
Sasha Sosnowski
Jim Ray
Guy Pitra
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 21:00

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
How'd the track run for everyone? Very Happy
We dealt with it and it was fine during the race..A beautifull track astheticly and to drive..Thank You BrendAn!

Congrats Kevin...I've had the privledge of racing this guy in Trans-Am tooth and nail for several years now..Hard racing!And we have touched -less than the fingers on my hand..all 3 of them-lmao!After our great run together last year at HSO Mexico..for you to loose the tranny there,Glad ya got the W today with a great run!Very proud to be a part of that clean racing!

As for the #0 Dauer Porsche,we could keep up with Jim,Bill and Kevin,but we got spun and did a 360;wing damage and off again..The car was still pretty good but lack of downforce hurt the Porsche..I drove my ass off,cleanly...But slowly lost ground as the tyres went off..Very Happy with a 4th place and all my guys finished the race!GJ Guys!

I thought all the guys that finished did a fine job!Bruno was a class act out there..Stewy did great though his high ping made following him interesting..LMAO!GJ!A lot of good racing...

Racing is tough and next month is Sebring..Don't take this shit too serious boys it ain't real..Trust me,I know the difference..There's always the next one! :flag: :papy: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Vance Le Garde
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 23:19

Sry again guys for missing the race I tried to get the new track file but it would get so far into the download and juts simply stop downloading and give me the message cant save file from server ??? weird stuff.

Sounds like it was a good race anyway see you at Sebring.

Vance.
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 5:41

Once again,..thanks to All involved,..it was Typically Very good racing.

A two or more year sabatical away from any SIM racing and the Mazda chassis sure made finding a good setup around here an interesting task,..lol

Sorry about the High 'Ping' guys,..it always seems to have good quality,..(I'd Really like a better connection, but probably won't happen till I find somewhere better/more permanent to live).

Although in 'testing', I could do 59's, in the Race, my Best was a 1.00.010,..Close but No Cigar!!,..lol

Was Happy being 7th on the Grid,..(Ooops, Sorry Frank,...8th on the Grid,..lol), Only to make a stupid error on the first corner after the start Doh!, from which I let the whole field by,..DOH !!

Oh well,..14th and off we go. Managed to catch and make up a few 'spots' and was running well until at about lap 33/34 or something I managed to just clip the inside wall after the pits which had me ending up stuck, almost fully sideways across the track at that Incredibly Narrow section of the track and May I seriously apologise for Not Hitting the 'Call Tow Truck' button as quickly as I would have liked !!

So, sitting there for nearly 3 minutes, atleast did let me make the Odd adjustment to make the car a bit better, (Tyre pressure etc), but Obviously lost a Bunch of laps.

After that, it was pretty 'Incident' free,..considering I did Not have what I would call a 'forgiving' setup !!,..lol

Managed to make the Odd spot and had a bit of a battle with Jerry towards the end, to Finally claim 9th.

Incredibly enjoyable racing once again,..with a Very good field of Very good drivers,..Racing here, is a Pleasure Very Happy

What Bad luck Vance,..we figured you just didn't Wake Up !!,..ROFL

Last edited by Stewart Amos on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 9:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vance Le Garde
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 7:33

LOL , no I did wake up I simply had download issues, I can tell you it very frustrating to be up and ready to go only to find well if I cant grab the track then its back to bed Sad lol.

got a bit of time to get used to the car for Sebring now so I hope I have better luck in that race.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 8:35

Vance Le Garde wrote:
LOL , no I did wake up I simply had download issues, I can tell you it very frustrating to be up and ready to go only to find well if I cant grab the track then its back to bed Sad lol.

got a bit of time to get used to the car for Sebring now so I hope I have better luck in that race.
Bummer Vance,but your partner ran a fine race!GJ Stewy and ping issues were not an issue..Stewy ran a fine raceand our distances is what makes this deal so cool!To be racing with Alex from Russia and Stew from Australia is so cool!Big picture makes me glad to be a part of HSO! :flag: :papy: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 8:44

By the by Stew..I remember who got the pole at Hockenheim..Tho you passed the pace car(been there,done that)I enjoyed testying with you and Vance!Good dudes!See yas at Sebring..! :flag: :banane: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 9:23

Hey thanks Milt,..well,..I Ran an OK race I guess,..but not as good as I would have liked, was a bit tired due to a Looong Day.

Yeah !!,..Damn that Slow Pace car, that was really looking like being my Best race, easily the most competitive I have ever been, the 'eventual' outcome was rather disappointing really,..lol

Hoping I can find that Hockenheim 'form' again this season. Very Happy

May I add to Milt's comments, regarding how enjoyable it is to race with such a skilled an international Field.

Perhaps Sebring in the Intrepid will provide a more satisfying outcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vance Le Garde
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:00

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
By the by Stew..I remember who got the pole at Hockenheim..Tho you passed the pace car(been there,done that)I enjoyed testying with you and Vance!Good dudes!See yas at Sebring..! :flag: :banane: :flag:

Yes testing was fun the other night I got down to 60 secs after 30 laps but I wouldn't have got there with out your setup tip MIlt so again thanks, and yes it is cool to run with guys from all around the world.

Vance.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:05

Oh,I almost forgot..Fabulous run for Andre(Alaster)..Always a guy that reminds me of why we do this..And a fine run for Frank!A great racer!GJ Guys! :flag: :papy: :flag:

Last edited by Milt Minter Jr on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I drink too much!But I love this shit!)
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:33

I don't wanna sound like I'm all that....'Cause I'm not....This could be something special..We can make that happen!it's just a race ..GTP is the greatest mod..but leagues have squandered the oppo4rtunity..We can do this..Let's !Lets do this...And have fun!Life is too short!We can make this great!Together!World Wide! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 18:40

Where can I find results of that race. Nice track. I was working yesterday from 8 to 20. good thing is that i didnt drive.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 18:50

I'm updating the site and standings at the moment Sanjin, should be available soon Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 19:04

The replay and NRRA export are available on the site, and the championship standings have been updated.
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 20:03

Grats on the win Kevin. Thanks to everyone at HSO for making this event possible. I also need to thank my setup guru Milt. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the slower cars for giving room. Can't wait for Sebring.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 20:10

Grats to Kevin for his win. It was nice watching the fight for P2 between Jim and Bill, a cautious and gentlemanly driven fight, but a fierce one nevertheless :top: . Grats to Andre for his Lights win too :top: !

I only had done a stint as training and although I had managed consistent low 59s I could not match that pace in qually. In the race I never found the proper pace and made approximately 172 spins and offs Sad . Nice fight with Andre in between those tho - goes to show we have quite an homogeneous combo for the Sebring enduro mate Smile . In the end one of my vaults into the walls hurt my engine and with around 50 laps to go I just parked the thing...

Thanks to all participating drivers, looking forward to Sebring, and as The Dude said, let's make this a great one !
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 20:55

Frank, I owe you an apology for the bump and run...I caught you so fast...sorry about that. Embarassed I knew I was forgetting something when I made my previous post. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 23:29

No worries Bill, really a tiny minor incident compared to the loads of spins I did all by myself :D :aie: ! And probably my bad as I braked too early too hard to open the door for you to pass.
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 17:31

nice times. Ok i know how to do 59 or maybe 58 in C chassis. but some guys have extreme fast times.
Nice race Wd to podium
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar 2010 - 7:20

Very cool statistics from the replay analyzer. Thanks.

The mechanical page always gives a good indicator of how it went down. lol! Kevin was 100% damage free. :hello: Except that gear he dropped in front of me. $1000 for that one. I should have bought one more. Wink Then I might have had a chance.

ftp://91.121.135.76/NR2003/replays/HSO_IMSA_91_02_WPB/Mechanical.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar 2010 - 8:29

Jim Ray wrote:
Very cool statistics from the replay analyzer. Thanks.

The mechanical page always gives a good indicator of how it went down. lol! Kevin was 100% damage free. :hello: Except that gear he dropped in front of me. $1000 for that one. I should have bought one more. Wink Then I might have had a chance.

ftp://91.121.135.76/NR2003/replays/HSO_IMSA_91_02_WPB/Mechanical.html
Yep,very cool! :flag: :urgence: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3