Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Available cars

Go down 
+32
Gianluca Desposito
Carlo Pozzi
Sanjin Haler
Vance Le Garde
Carl Larrad
Stewart Amos
Federico Damian
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Texas Nation
Hervé Sabathé
Kevin Lewis
Damian Gosztyla
Troy Null
Matt Watkins
Doug Tevik
Brad Otto
Larry Krupp
Rich Gast
Alex Shurikus
Jim Ray
Jerry Foehrkolb
Andre Lagunzad
Thomas Cazorla
Bill Yarbrough
Brendan Kaczmarek
Bruno Goujon
Milt Minter Jr
Sasha Sosnowski
Guy Pitra
Guillaume Siebert
Frank Verplanken
Antoine de Mautor
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Available cars - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 20:03

oui c'est dur le championnat est pas au top pourtant avec plus de 20 partants à la première ca promettait Crying or Very sad

Guys the series is facing a tough time we don't have as many drivers as we used to, feel free to bring your pals over to join the fun and keep GTP alive!!!
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 10:50

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Sorry but I have to give up this series. My races have been a complete disaster so far, I can't get to grip with that mod and the tracks, it would take me too much time to be able to compete at the level I am expecting from myself. I love the series but it has been absolutely no fun for me so I prefer to let my Jag free for somebody who will enjoy it.

well i dont see reason why to quit. U were fastest on track in only 13 laps or so. only problem was some errors. i think that is not reason to quit.

we neeed drivers here.

Is this game so bad? if it is i will quit to.
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 10:52

and one more q.

Why we need someone to look how we drive. better to have one more driver on road ?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 10:59

The reason is not the game but the number of errors I do because of my lack of practice. I can be fast on one lap but i cant get 5 decent laps in a row. I used to enjoy GTP when I was driving it a lot, but i dont have the time anymore.

The guy looking at how we drive is Antoine, he is doing the race stewart job because is actual PC is too weak to be able to run GTP correctly.

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Sun 2 May 2010 - 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 12:58

and I don't have a wheel anyway
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 13:11

And you sux at driving anyway too Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 16:21

lol!

heheheh

ok nice.
buy a wheel Smile

@ Gui
Me and Carlo did same amount of errors in those first laps. This track is hard.

And shure thing is if u dont have time for pracy,there is no good racing . I got same problem but i manage to train a few days , cos races have tree weeks pause. and i don t drive anything else. because of that poor time i have to train.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 16:29

Divers having missed the 2 previous rounds without any notifications have now lost their rides :

-Matt Watkins (#00)
-Rich Gast (#83)

That makes a Nissan and another Porsche available. Wink
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 16:52

Sanjin Haler wrote:
lol!

heheheh

ok nice.
buy a wheel Smile

@ Gui
Me and Carlo did same amount of errors in those first laps. This track is hard.

And shure thing is if u dont have time for pracy,there is no good racing . I got same problem but i manage to train a few days , cos races have tree weeks pause. and i don t drive anything else. because of that poor time i have to train.

I hadn't practiced much too, just did 18-20 laps on friday before the race to learn the track and find a decent setup
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 17:59

Je crois que pas grand monde s'entraine en dehors des jours de courses de toute façon, on ne vas pas tous arrêter pour autant (bon je dis ça mais en même temps j'ai raté 3 courses) :D
Et quand je vois pourquoi tu abandonnes hier, petite sortie de route sans conséquence Arrow echapp , alors que tu es second :aie:
Pas grave si tu en chies pour le podium, tu peux pas toujours gagner, c'est un championnat long et faut surtout être régulier. Wink
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 18:11

My French isn't good but did you just say "shit on the podium"? scratch Razz
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 18:25

Alessandro Milano Rossini wrote:
My French isn't good but did you just say "shit on the podium"? scratch Razz

yes but it's a verb :D
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 21:13

"en chier" means to struggle, but yeah literaly it means "to struggle so hard that you eventually crap yourself" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 8 May 2010 - 16:52

I will be unable to continue in this series. Thanks for your efforts guys. The #84 is free for someone to run. Good luck.

Reasons? Race time is still too early over here, changing tracks and race dates at the last minute, track bugs resulting in DQs early on, the connections are weak because of the distance across the pond. Lastly, telling us a track was fixed when it actually was not was unexceptable. Regardless of who was at fault, it can't happen. Taking time out of a busy schedule to be here on time and prepared and then the race not even starting after the pace laps ended my season. We tested it and found the glitches and brought them to your attention. Then we were told it was fixed though we had doubt all through practice. I don't ask a lot because I know what it takes to make a series successful. It's hard. Especially one based on donations. But to tell me something has been taken care of and no one actually tried it? Very unnapreciated by me and a few of our team. I am not speaking for them in this post though, just me. It may sound like I am mad or something but I assure you I am not. I dont get mad at a video game or those who run it. Kind of what I expected but hoped not to see here. And this is also to let you know why the attendance is dropping. Honesty needs to be seen sometimes, and can seem hurtful. I do wish you all the best of luck over here, you guys are all very fun to run with and I hope you have a lot of fun for the rest of 2010 and beyond. I supported you guys all I could, brought lots of drivers over with Milt Jr and helped revive this series. Thank you all for your efforts. Peace. :drink:

Advice: I would suggest running practice "race sessions" on the server sometime before the event to find as many bugs as you can before peeps log in from around the world expecting to run a race, then can't finish or even start. Historical accuracy is cool and neat to discuss but it sure makes consistent racing hard to manage. Again, good luck Antoine, Frank and the rest of you. And, of course my fsb endurance racing teammates. Go get em guys! Lots of laps to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 8 May 2010 - 17:55

That's a very sad post to read, Jim Sad ... But I understand your reasons of course and I can't blame you. I maybe would have lost patience earlier if I had been in the same situation as you - putting a lot of time and effort and energy into a simracing series from the other side of the planet that does not gives you back what you wanted...

The saddest thing is that I think all the troubles are behind us now. All the tracks we plan to run are well known quantities. All the track problems earlier this year were a bad blow and it happened while Antoine was going through some radical and unexpected changes in his life which meant he could not be present for a while at the helm of his series. Gui and I did our best to sub in the meantime but we have lots of work with the rest of HSO.

Anyways, I'm not trying to find excuses or say it's not our fault... Just trying to assure you it's not because we didn't give a shit that all the troubles aroused Smile . We did our best against adversity, and adversity was tough on that one :D .

Still, I hope we will see you track again some day Smile . I also hope this is not the first step of a general FSB withdrawal pale !

Thanks for taking the time to give your reasons, so many drivers just vanish into oblivion without saying a word :top: .

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 8 May 2010 - 19:45

shame to lose one more driver.

I hope the rest of guys wont quit and we going to race like usual.

I drive this one cos is fun to me and i like it. I hope to have lots of interesting races in future.

This bugs are so often and normal to me so I dont see to much problems in that.

There is tons of games and I best thing is to find one You like.
Back to top Go down
Rich Gast
Rookie
Rich Gast

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 May 2010 - 15:09

Quote :
Antoine de Mautor wrote:

Finally, I need the following drivers to make a strong commitment about their involvment in the series, otherwise their spot on the grid will be given to someone else :

#84 (should be #83) Rich Gast (missed WPB for a reason but was expected to race at Sebring and gave no news)

Sorry, Antoine, that I haven't been to the forum recently or I would have responded sooner. You may make the #83 Nissan available for another driver as I do not see myself participating in this series any longer. As I explained to you in an e-mail a couple of months ago, I am a driver who needs extensive practice in order to be something other than an obstacle for my fellow drivers on the track. I just refuse to show up unprepared for any online racing. I think that would be rude of me to perhaps negatively impact another driver's race day effort because I am not prepared to safely and competitively perform.

The last minute format change for the Daytona race (from endurance to sprint, which resulted in a chassis change for me) meant that I had insufficient time to practice for that race in the 'C' chassis ... and left my co-driver (and potential new HSO driver) disillusioned with HSO as well since he was very excited about getting into GTP racing and had dedicated extensive practice time for that race also. So I withdrew.

The last minute track change from St Pete to Palm Beach left me with insufficient practice time to learn that track. So I withdrew. I put in anywhere from 10 to 20 hours of practice for every hour of actual race time in preparation for racing in this series. After the second straight 11th hour race change that resulted in me wasting hours and hours of practice and setup creation time only to withdraw, I just became too frustrated to invest any more of my time in preparing for future HSO races, figuring that some more of them would change last-minute (you even indicated that some additional races might change in your reply to my one of my e-mails).

Again, I apologize for not letting you know sooner. Thanks for your hospitality during my brief stay at HSO and good luck to everyone else. If you do ever plan any future endurance races (of the 12 to 24 hour variety) and have the details "set in concrete" well before the race, I hope you might drop me an e-mail as I would really love to participate in another endurance race. Le Mans in 2009 was a very exciting race for which to prepare and in which to drive, in spite of my teammate's misfortune and our resulting early departure.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~greywolfwebworks/
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010 - 18:53

Sorry to hear that Rich!

If you ever feel like coming back, be assured that there won't be any track change from now on (couldn't find a proper U.S street course replacement for Trois-Rivières...)
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010 - 15:36

I'll be back on the track from round 7 on (so happy! cheers) so I'm gonna take my Intrepid back. Carlo what car do you want after Topeka??
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010 - 15:42

Jim Ray wrote:
I will be unable to continue in this series. Thanks for your efforts guys. The #84 is free for someone to run. Good luck.

Reasons? Race time is still too early over here, changing tracks and race dates at the last minute, track bugs resulting in DQs early on, the connections are weak because of the distance across the pond. Lastly, telling us a track was fixed when it actually was not was unexceptable. Regardless of who was at fault, it can't happen. Taking time out of a busy schedule to be here on time and prepared and then the race not even starting after the pace laps ended my season. We tested it and found the glitches and brought them to your attention. Then we were told it was fixed though we had doubt all through practice. I don't ask a lot because I know what it takes to make a series successful. It's hard. Especially one based on donations. But to tell me something has been taken care of and no one actually tried it? Very unnapreciated by me and a few of our team. I am not speaking for them in this post though, just me. It may sound like I am mad or something but I assure you I am not. I dont get mad at a video game or those who run it. Kind of what I expected but hoped not to see here. And this is also to let you know why the attendance is dropping. Honesty needs to be seen sometimes, and can seem hurtful. I do wish you all the best of luck over here, you guys are all very fun to run with and I hope you have a lot of fun for the rest of 2010 and beyond. I supported you guys all I could, brought lots of drivers over with Milt Jr and helped revive this series. Thank you all for your efforts. Peace. :drink:

Advice: I would suggest running practice "race sessions" on the server sometime before the event to find as many bugs as you can before peeps log in from around the world expecting to run a race, then can't finish or even start. Historical accuracy is cool and neat to discuss but it sure makes consistent racing hard to manage. Again, good luck Antoine, Frank and the rest of you. And, of course my fsb endurance racing teammates. Go get em guys! Lots of laps to go.

Wow I has missed that post, that's a tough blow for the series!! I totally agree with you on every single point, but as you know I couldn't take good care of this series lately because of some very serious personal issues. I understand everyone was expecting the high-standards of last year, and we shall achieve them again from now on (Road Atlanta was already perfect, as usual, and so will be the remaining rounds). Hopefully enough drivers will show up. I knew this Miami upset would cost us dear when it happened, but honestly I didn't think it would reach these proportions. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010 - 16:38

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
I'll be back on the track from round 7 on (so happy! cheers) so I'm gonna take my Intrepid back. Carlo what car do you want after Topeka??

Nice to have you back Antoine!! Wink Very Happy

The #03 Jag if Gui is going only for a wild-card drive at Topeka, otherwise the #00 Dauer Porsche would be perfect
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010 - 17:44

Let's see what Gui's up to after Topeka :hum:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010 - 20:21

Divers having missed the 2 previous rounds without any notifications have now lost their rides :

-Kevin Lewis (#4)
-Larry Krupp (#6)
-Troy Null (#80)

That makes three more cars available, and the situation is getting very worrying Neutral

BTW, I'm taking back my Intrepid for next round on, and Gui decided to stay on his Jaguar. Carlo is Porsche #00 your final choice??
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010 - 23:58

:top: yeah
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010 - 13:58

I'm going to pull out of this series. Sorry, I have other duties on Saturday/Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Available cars   Available cars - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Available cars
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next